Glitched trophies

Mellenthin

I would like to warn everybody, especially fellow completionists, that the kill related trophies are most likely glitched. As such, technically the platinum might still be obtainable, but not really in practical terms.

More specifically, whenever you start a new mission, whether it's straight after a fresh format, starting a new campaign or continuing with a current one, there's a high chance that the game - not the console, mind you - will report corrupted data.

This seem to glitch your kill progress, and while getting 50 kills with each and every weapon or ability required in a single mission is certainly possible, reaching 40000 kills isn't.

I've even tried to start anew from a format, only installing the game, then copying the user data and other saves before entering the first mission. In the event of getting the message with corrupted data appearing, I would copy the clean files from the USB until the message no longer showed.

After that, continuing with a mission was safe, as well as finishing it and exiting to the campaign map. The next step would be to manually copy over the current save and then exit to overwrite the save on the USB - this is to be done after every single mission, and there's over 100 of them throughout all of the campaigns.

Sadly enough, this didn't seem to work, as during my last attempt, I had over 470 kills in my last mission alone, with around a hundred in several more missions prior to the last - yet Man of Destruction (500 kills) simply refused to unlock.

Yes, you can spawn kill in the hundreds, probably in the thousands, too. However, being a completionist, this is pretty risky as you can't be sure it will work. Getting to 40000 kills in a single mission is a daunting task by itself, and it's probably very likely that either the game or the console will crash before reaching the required number, putting you back at square one again.

As the developer is long since out of business, and considering this game is a port with very poor sales, I'm very pessimistic regarding any chance for a fix on this.

I should probably put in that other than from what I've mentioned above the game is working just fine, so for everyone who wants to play a fun, solid turn-based strategy game, be my guest and buy it. Just be aware that the platinum probably won't be obtainable.

Edited by Mellenthin

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...