The Lightning Collection Remastered?

Ratman

if it does, I'm buying it. I don't care what people say about XIII, I genuingly like it. I liked the trilogy as a whole, and how each game was different enough from the other one, but still worked together. I liked the ending for lightning returns, and I really liked the ending of XIII.

if they do remaster, I would hope they would change a few things, obviously, but hey, I'd still buy it if they didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Do I think it's going to happen? Of course. SE loves these Final Fantasy ports. Do I want it? Nah.

I just replayed XIII a month back (finally platting it). Two playthroughs of that is enough. Still a middle of the pack FF game. I liked XIII-2 the best and thought LR was bleh. I will say, in replaying XIII, the graphics still wowed me in places. Especially for a near 10 year old game. I definitely didn't feel the same way about XIII-2 and LR.

I liked the ending for lightning returns, and I really liked the ending of XIII.

Now that I think about, the endings in all three were really good. Once you get past XIII-2 serving as a set up for LR (it was definitely a different ending, that's for sure).

And I really like the Lighting/Train theory of the story:

Series ending spoilers:

[spoiler=LightTheory]The theory basically comes from the series beginning and ending on a train. It's that Lightning Claire is actually just a normal person and the plot is a day dream/fantasy she came up with on her daily commute. We've all been there. All the characters are either friends/family or people she sees every day in her commute. The plot, at times, takes elements from world events we're use to seeing in the news (racism, terrorism, Religion, politics, declining environment). The Claire in the ending scene is the real one. In turn, XIII may be the first mainline FF game that's actually a fantasy.

Edited by mcolwander90

• 4 weeks later...
Do I think it's going to happen? Of course. SE loves these Final Fantasy ports. Do I want it? Nah.

I just replayed XIII a month back (finally platting it). Two playthroughs of that is enough. Still a middle of the pack FF game. I liked XIII-2 the best and thought LR was bleh. I will say, in replaying XIII, the graphics still wowed me in places. Especially for a near 10 year old game. I definitely didn't feel the same way about XIII-2 and LR.

Now that I think about, the endings in all three were really good. Once you get past XIII-2 serving as a set up for LR (it was definitely a different ending, that's for sure).

And I really like the Lighting/Train theory of the story:

Series ending spoilers:

[spoiler=LightTheory]The theory basically comes from the series beginning and ending on a train. It's that Lightning Claire is actually just a normal person and the plot is a day dream/fantasy she came up with on her daily commute. We've all been there. All the characters are either friends/family or people she sees every day in her commute. The plot, at times, takes elements from world events we're use to seeing in the news (racism, terrorism, Religion, politics, declining environment). The Claire in the ending scene is the real one. In turn, XIII may be the first mainline FF game that's actually a fantasy.

:applause:somebody else noticed it! great!

• 1 month later...

I had never heard of the Train Theory until now... Thanks. I always wondered why that's how LR Ended lol.

As for the series being a Port to PS4- I would love it, but would want all 3 games out at once in a collection. Even if it was a $100.

But, I haven't platinum 13, and I'm 2 trophies short on 13-2. Would I want to grind out 13, or just leave it for the PS4 version lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Ohh lala... I hope this is happening on the PS4... I'm sure the remasters will be done by a different team not involved in the development of NEW FF games... so why not? Support the game developing teams that thrive in porting games? Yes please! More employment for the new grads as I always say...

I agree Squeenix loves ports. I don't mind even seeing FF1 as a port with trophies... and the thought of a Lightning Trilogy really excites me. Add HDR for the PS4 Pro... definitely a wow!

I really don't understand the hate for this series... As a Final Fantasy fan who played the previous games, I love them all... I also am open for changes in the series. After that fantastic FFVII, Squall and Co brought forward new game mechanics and the game played differently than the FF I was used to - for me that was awesome... a welcome change... Same can be said for FFIX... and the others.

... I felt the same way when FFXIII came out... I have to admit, it took me a year before I finally got how the game plays, and I never looked back since fully understanding the Paradigm Shift. For me this is the best thing that has happened in the game... I loved the series when it was turn-based, but evolution can only be a good thing.

Come on Squeenix, here take my wallet and give us (FFXIII fans) the next gen trilogy we've been wishing for!

Edited by Naps