"...Becomes the Master" - In Depth Guide (Easiest Method)

StayPationt

Hey guys

My original thread posted back when I thought "...Becomes the Master" was going to be ultra tough is by far the most viewed thread on this forum but since then I've gotten to the point where I find it unbelievably easy and can beat the required 33.65 seconds every time, and no I'm not an FPS pro by any means. It's mostly thanks to having a specific route I follow every time that won't break any records but does allow me to consistently beat the time without having to pull off any overly complex manoeuvres.

I know many are still struggling despite all the videos out there showing how it's done so I figured I would do a more in depth guide showing what I think is the simplest and easiest route to pull off consistently and going through each section in detail. I've also done a second guide which tweaks the method shown in the main guide to save an extra couple of seconds if you're still struggling to get it done. I hope it can help some of you out if you have the patience to sit through the whole thing :) ...

Easy route...

[ame]

[/ame]

Tweaks to save 2 more seconds...

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by StayPationt

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this, decided to give this a crack before doing anything else (and remembering how bad I am at FPS games) and got it within 20 minutes of watching your guide (and fairly easily in the end, 31.90 seconds)

Ye it's so much easier than it feels at first. I'm going to upload a second video with a not quite so simple but faster method. I got 31.5 using it earlier and thats with no slide jumps which people seem to use to get a huge boost but I haven't bothered trying to master. I kept this one as simple as possible though and I'm glad it helped you get it! :)

That grenade launcher type gun does make it a bit easier

Ye a lot of people swear by the EPG or whatever it's called, I think mostly because the speed runs people uploaded from the Beta all used it. But I find, to simplify it and have as little to have to remember as possible, that using just the shotgun and not needing to switch weapons mid way through is a bit easier. We're all different of course but I was trying to make it as straight forward for those that are struggling as possible. Plus the shotty seems to give you a lot of room for error, even if you think you've missed by a mile it still usualy takes the enemy out. And I've managed 31.5 seconds using just the shotgun, without any slide jumps that all the pro's seem to use to launch themselves and build momentum.

Thank you so much StayPationt,

Thinking of your video i suceed in this trophy. 33.40 Sec it's suffisiant for me :applause:.

I watched all the video and your tips with the slow motion and other is just amazing. Thanks again.

Mika

I'm glad to hear it Mika. It was a lot of work putting the guide together so hearing that it's helped even just one person makes it all worthwhile! :)

I just need to shave less than a second off my best time to get this. I think maybe I'm too slow coming out of the slide...

I'm not very fast coming out of the slide. If you're following my route to the letter and are still a second off try jumping to the right earlier after killing the third enemy in the long corridor section. Jump across to the wall where the third guy was stood then double jump from there to the section of wall just before the corner where I tell you to drop off. If you do that you won't need to drop off, you will wall-run around the corner. It will also be quicker because jumping between walls increases your speed and you won't be wall-running for so long which slows you down slightly.

I'm going to do another shorter video showing a slightly more advanced route that can shave off a couple more seconds but what I explained above is part of it :)

Thanks fot the tips mate! Got my platinum today after spending hours getting the feeling. It is as you say it is. You need to "feel" the momentum and double jump things combined with the wallruns. My last 4 attempts were all around the 33.90 and I finally beat it with a 33.40 thnx to remembering I had a double jump left at the very end

Good luck everyone and thanks for the efforts StayPationt !

Edited by oWn4g3

Thanks fot the tips mate! Got my platinum today after spending hours getting the feeling. It is as you say it is. You need to "feel" the momentum and double jump things combined with the wallruns. My last 4 attempts were all around the 33.90 and I finally beat it with a 33.40 thnx to remembering I had a double jump left at the very end

Good luck everyone and thanks for the efforts StayPationt !

No problem buddy, just glad to hear it's helping people. And congrats on the platinum :)

Well, you are not alone. according to Psnprofile (which likely a people who actually play the game and interest in trophy hunting) it has only 10% of people that can pull this off right now. (1.5% on PS4)

I want to quit too, but i can't move on :(

Well, you are not alone. according to Psnprofile (which likely a people who actually play the game and interest in trophy hunting) it has only 10% of people that can pull this off right now. (1.5% on PS4)

I want to quit too, but i can't move on :(

Make sure you watch the 2nd video in the OP because I got the trophy within 15 minutes after altering my run a bit as suggested.

Another tip for all:

Don't cancel your run should you make any mistakes at the beginning. The final section is hard enough on its own and you should familiarize yourself with the room. If you manage to shoot the targets, regardless of your position (but on high speed) there are still enough options to recover to keep enough speed. My times vastly improved after spending 30 minutes just walking down and observing the last section.

Thank you! You are the greatest human being that has ever lived. Your guides are awesome, ESPECIALLY that second guide. Your walkthrough of the final room is what made the difference for me. Thank you so much.

Haha :) You're welcome buddy! I'm really glad that people are finding them so helpful, I just wish I could get the guides in front of more people because I know a lot are struggling, not just members of this site. So feel free to spread it around on social media etc :p

Another tip for all:

Don't cancel your run should you make any mistakes at the beginning. The final section is hard enough on its own and you should familiarize yourself with the room. If you manage to shoot the targets, regardless of your position (but on high speed) there are still enough options to recover to keep enough speed. My times vastly improved after spending 30 minutes just walking down and observing the last section.

Yes this is good advice. If you keep restarting you have the first section mastered because you've done it over and over again but don't get chance to practice the last room. Run the whole thing each time for the practice and to be honest you can even get the trophy after a run that contained mistakes.

Guys I finally did it!!! Man it feels so good to earn this type of trophies. Thanks to StayPationt for his video and the suggestion that shotgun was the best option.

Congrats dude :) And you're welcome.

I just hope that when someone gets round to making a guide they are willing to post my videos in it instead of their own because (not to sound big headed) I think mine have helped more people than any of the others by the sounds of it.