Envatta

I just finished and platted the game, so I thought I'd write out a quick guide for the different routes and Shimanekko locations. I've paraphrased a lot of the answers, as I can't remember them exactly and I'm translating a Japanese guide. Let me know if anything isn't clear enough and I'll look up the actual answer. Please note that you only have so many replies at the beginning. You'll unlock the rest after finishing the game once.

So if a reply isn't available yet, then just select the closest one you can. There are many different combinations for the 5 different routes, it's just that these are definitely guaranteed to get the said route. After finishing the game once you can skip the chapters completely from the smartphone menu. You will need to reply chapter 8 everytime for every ending, but it's not too bad if you skip all the dialogue.

Welcome to Shimane!, Ghostly Penpal, Dragonfly Stationary, Banana Stationary, Candy Stationary, Gal Stationary, Ginger Stationary, Gnome Stationary and Magatama Stationary are all unlocked by playing through the story.

Crossing Paths Route

Go play / Do you like sports?

Participate in a school function / What kinds of events are popular in Shimane?

My ideal adult is someone who dreams / What kind of adult do you want to become?

Friendship between men and women is wonderful / Do you think men and women can be friends?

Kindess / Tell me about your personality

People who are fun / What kind of people do you like?

There is someone on my mind / Aya, is there someone you like?

Rain and Airplane Stationary trophies unlocked.

Cursed Letter Route

Reading / Do you like to read?

I'd like to explore old ruins / Are there any spooky stories about Shimane?

I don't want to become an adult / Do you want to become an adult soon?

Girls seem self-centered / What do you think of your own personality?

Nature / Do you believe in ghosts?

Long, black hair is beautiful / Do you like black hair?

Right now I enjoy doing stuff with my friends / Where do you hang out with your friends?

Crow and Skull Stationary trophies unlocked.

Government Plot Route

Go for a walk / Do you believe in aliens?

I'd like to see a meteor shower / Is there a good view of the stars in Shimane?

My ideal adult is rich / Do you like rich people?

I don't care about gender or nationality / Do you like aliens?

Money / Are you interested in making money?

Girls with nice figures / Please tell me your measurements?

I can't focus by myself / Where do people go on dates in Matsue?

UFO and Alien Stationary trophies unlocked.

Himegamori Route

Walking around the shrine / Do you like folklore?

I think I'll research history / Were there any famous warriors from Shimane?

I don't want to have ideals / What do you think of selfish adults?

I like girls / What do you think of men from history?

Ancestors / What kinds of times do you enjoy?

Mysterious and beautiful people / Are you interested in studying folklore?

Right now I'm concentrating on studying / How do you study history?

Mirror and Princess Stationary trophies unlocked.

Bond of Marrige Route

Go on a day trip / Do you like traveling?

Like to take on different challenges / Is there some challenge you'd like to take on?

My ideal adult is my dad / Aya, what's your ideal adult?

Men and women can be friends / Is there someone you've let into your heart?

Encounters / Have you had any special encounters?

People with complimentry personalities / Do you believe in destiny?

I have feelings for you, Aya / I want to know more about you, I guess

Blue Sky and Cherry Blossom Stationary trophies unlocked.

The Truth Revealed? is unlocked after clearing the Crossing Paths, Cursed Letter, Himegamori and Government Plot routes. The Truth Revealed! is then unlocked upon finishing the Bonds of Marriage route, too.

Shimanekko Locations

Second time through chapter 9 of the Crossing Paths route, you'll run into Matsuda who wants your help finding Shimanekko. Everytime you find Shimanekko, you need to go back and report to Matsuda inside the Shimane Art Museum before moving onto the next location. You'll trigger the event with Matsuda after leaving Kamiari-an.

Kamiari-An - Inspect the menu outside

Vacant Lot - Leftmost house in a row

Matsue Station - Inspect the road

Kyomise Shopping Centre - Red postbox

Shiroyama Park Tourist Office - Vending machine

Matsue Oba High School - Field, check anywhere

Matsue Castle - Pathway between the two hedges

Usagi Theatre Company - Inside, inspect the rightmost window

Karakoro Studio - Right workshop desk when standing outside

Shiroyama Park - Soumon Bridge, check the bridge

For the letter mania trophy, select any leftover replies you need to clear, skip the chapter and then save. You will get all the items from clearing the routes. The check trophy doesn't need to be different search points, checking the same thing will do. If you still don't have this, it can easily be grinded out on your final route.

Took me around 8hrs for the first playthrough and around 13hrs for everything. It depends on your reading speed, if you listen to voices, etc., but it should take no more than 15hrs if you follow a guide. This is with text and chapter skip. All the chapters can be skipped apart from chapter 8, which you will need to speed run. It takes about 15 minutes max when you know what you're doing. If you only want the trophies, then I've heard it takes about 4-5hrs.

Edit: I've updated all the replies with the actual English answers, instead of translated Japanese answers, to help clear up any confusion. Some people are reporting different success with the answers though, so the safe guideline to follow is;

First playthrough:

1st reply - Cursed Letter

2nd reply - Princess of Himegamori Forest

3rd reply - Crossing Paths

Second playthrough onwards:

3rd reply - A Government Plot

4th reply - Crossing Paths

5th reply - Bond of Marriage

There are many route combinations, so feel free to experiment. As long you keep the some the same, there is some leeway.

There are also varying reports with how to trigger Shimanekko. Some people are reporting that he triggers any second time you go through any route and some are only reporting he triggers when clearing Crossing Paths. I personally am in the latter group. Cursed Letter was the first time I did a route twice and the sidequest didn't activate. Best to just go for Crossing Paths to be extra safe.

There are also varying reports on one of the items being missable. I honestly have no idea how some people miss this one, but in the banana or candy chapters, make sure to buy a charm at the Shiroyama tourist centre when prompted. I haven't experienced this myself and I have heard no other items being missed.

Edited by Envatta
Updated all the replies with the exact English answers.

Still doing my initial playthrough, but this guide looks very nice. I wish every visual novel had the option to skip entire chapters like this game. Fast-forwarding text in other VNs is such a chore, even with the fastest settings.

Yeah the guide is working very well for me sans a few translations that I have to guess at. Hope to platinum this by tomorrow. My question is, does the game take 10-15 hours with or without fast forwarding?

Sorry for not replying, I had no idea anyone had commented.

I honestly just translated some Japanese guides, but as every route worked fine for me, I thought it'd fine to use. I'm really sorry for any inconvience. I've now updated the routes with the actual English answers to clear up any confusion. Yes, there are a tonne of different answers for the different routes. The safest guideline to use is:

First playthrough;

Second playthrough onwards;

But like I said, tonnes of combinations if you like experimenting.

Also seems like Shimanekko can be triggered in any second time through any route. This is still unconfirmed as it only triggered for me through Crossing Paths and my second playthrough of the Cursed Letter, which was the first route I did twice.

It took me about 8hrs for my first route, I think. Then maybe 13hrs for every route and the trophy. It depends how fast you read and whatnot, but it shouldn't take longer than 15hrs.

Since people are actually using this, I'll check every so often to see if anyone needs any help. Please just send me a message if I don't reply quickly.

Edited by Envatta

Sorry for not replying, I had no idea anyone had commented.

I honestly just translated some Japanese guides, but as every route worked fine for me, I thought it'd fine to use. I'm really sorry for any inconvience. I've now updated the routes with the actual English answers to clear up any confusion. Yes, there are a tonne of different answers for the different routes. The safest guideline to use is:

First playthrough;

Second playthrough onwards;

But like I said, tonnes of combinations if you like experimenting.

Also seems like Shimanekko can be triggered in any second time through any route. This is still unconfirmed as it only triggered for me through Crossing Paths and my second playthrough of the Cursed Letter, which was the first route I did twice.

It took me about 8hrs for my first route, I think. Then maybe 13hrs for every route and the trophy. It depends how fast you read and whatnot, but it shouldn't take longer than 15hrs.

Since people are actually using this, I'll check every so often to see if anyone needs any help. Please just send me a message if I don't reply quickly.

I can confirm that the Shimanekko doesn't need to be on a second playthrough of the Crossing Paths route. I loaded up one of my extra saves that was on the beginning of chapter 8, and the event triggered when I went to Kamiari-an instead of going to Kyomise shopping area to look for Kogumo's CD. Doing this on one of your chapter 8 ending playthroughs so that you don't have to do the Crossing Paths playthrough a second time will save you half an hour or so.

• 2 weeks later...