Servers Closing On December 4th 2016 (up as of 09/09/2020)

DPatriot

Looks like the servers finally shut down. This is the error that comes up when you try to go on it:

http://i.imgur.com/5yi0SCy.jpg

I can say they were more than fair with this, it was announced to shut down on December 4th, 2016 but went down on June 10th, 2017 so people had 6 months AFTER the initial shutdown date to try to get the online done, on top of around 2 months they had to do the online before December 4th. Anyone who wanted to do it in their life should have done it by now, they had more than enough opportunities to do it.

Edited by Sergen The Boss

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the servers finally shut down. This is the error that comes up when you try to go on it:

http://i.imgur.com/5yi0SCy.jpg

I can say they were more than fair with this, it was announced to shut down on December 4th, 2016 but went down on June 10th, 2017 so people had 6 months AFTER the initial shutdown date to try to get the online done, on top of around 2 months they had to do the online before December 4th. Anyone who wanted to do it in their life should have done it by now, they had more than enough opportunities to do it.

ATTENTION:

Servers are still not shutdown, I have logged in today to check their status & they are backup again. I am able to create Private Games as normal.

It's advised that if anyone wants to Platinum this game, they should get the online trophies ASAP! Which is what I will be doing! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
How are the servers now? Planning on getting this and finishing the multiplayer.

According to a post on PSNP it looks like the servers have been shutdown a few days ago.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/62190-online-server-down/#comment-1616080

To be fair if this is the case and they are finally closed they lasted an extra 18 months longer than expected.

Edited by Martain2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I'm freaking scared of starting this game :sick:

Do you think they will proclaim again when they decide to close the servers for real? Or will it just be an immediate and irrevocable shut down without further notifications?

Any ideas why servers are still running?

It looks like the only servers that closed, were the ones which allowed you to unlock bonus cosmetic items if you had a WB Account and not the actual gameplay servers themselves. If you're scared about starting this game, then I would take that as a hint and move on, because WB could decide to issue a termination notice for the servers at any time.

• 4 months later...

As a point of reference, a friend who boosted this last week with 7 other players said it took 15 hours (5 hours each over 3 nights) for everyone to complete all MP trophies. I am trying to get in a group this week to knock them out, as I thought I would never be able to 100% this game once the servers shut down in 2016.

• 1 year later...