Amazon 3rd party sellers conmen

BillyBumBean

Ok time for a bit of rant here.

So recently my gf ordered fifa 17 deluxe ed ps4 off an 3rd party seller who I won't mention on here on Monday the 3rd. Now here is when alarm bells started to ring as we had a similar scenario last year.

The game has been bought for £35 when the deluxe edition normally sells for around £60. Now if it does come then that's a steal!

The seller has no feedback rating as it's just joined amazon and is not selling anything else atm. Now that might not be a cause for concern but when the seller description says it's commited to selling bargains everyday.

Tomorrow is meant to be the last expected date so if it doesn't come then it's the whole phaff of contacting them and amazon and more than likely opening a case file.

It does say item has been dispatched but I'm sure that just generic when you order from 3rd party?

Annoyingly she has paid £4 in p&p and IF it does come tomorrow then I don't see how paying that much takes a week to come but for the saving on the deluxe it won't matter.

Sorry to bang on but after getting conned last year I'm more concerned

When i order from 3rd party on amazon shipping is always $3.99 and it usually always comes on the projected delivery date so its normal and 3rd party almost always ships the day you order it unlike amazon who will ship stuff 2 to 3 days after you order it so everything should be fine. Also you probably buying a stolen copy or something if its that cheap I know people in the US will get copies at redbox take the stickers off and sell them on amazon for $40.00 the day there out

i would never order from someone with no feedback that has one of those "too good to be true" types of deals. that being said, 3rd party usually puts up shipping info when they actually ship it (at least here in the usa). is there no tracking number provided, that would be another red flag. if they scamed you, don't worry, contact amazon via live chat and they will sort it asap. i live in the usa and have been on amazon uk live chat and got stuff sorted in a matter of minutes, as they have top of the line customer service :D

i would never order from someone with no feedback that has one of those "too good to be true" types of deals. that being said, 3rd party usually puts up shipping info when they actually ship it (at least here in the usa). is there no tracking number provided, that would be another red flag. if they scamed you, don't worry, contact amazon via live chat and they will sort it asap. i live in the usa and have been on amazon uk live chat and got stuff sorted in a matter of minutes, as they have top of the line customer service :D

I'll second that. Amazon chat has quickly and painlessly helped me out before. Their customer service is great.

I used to work in a company that used Amazon for selling on, we would only say the item is shipped when we get around to shipping the item (which was usually the next available day or right on the day if it was before shipping hours).

You don't have to worry much though, Amazon takes things very seriously and will always mostly side with the customer even if it's them at fault. His page would be down pretty fast if he fails to deliver anything to people who buy off him.

Buying off third party sellers, even if they aren't fulfilled by Amazon is usually safe, you just have to do like what you do on eBay, check their feedback, what else they are selling (not a bunch of different things.. this is sure signs they are from China or some crap and you're getting pirated goods.. besides there's less of this on Amazon as from what I can remember, you're only allowed to sell items that fit into 3 categories there). Then in the future you might not have to go through the hassle of contacting Amazon about issues.

maybe you needed to specifically tell them you wanted the card refunded? i know when i had issues with deadwood: the complete series from amazon uk, my card was refunded. when i had isues w/ astro a40s, my card was refunded. least ya got the cash back in some form.

maybe you needed to specifically tell them you wanted the card refunded? i know when i had issues with deadwood: the complete series from amazon uk, my card was refunded. when i had isues w/ astro a40s, my card was refunded. least ya got the cash back in some form.

Possibly but it was my gfs account/card. Since several others were conned too amazon would have been out of pocket if they did it that way I guess. It's pretty much like store credit on how it's been refunded

This scammer received all items well before the end of the delivery date. Clearly this buyer has no patience, and is mad his little A-Z Claim scam failed as the final item purchased arrived to him the same day he filed the claim. And didn't provide amazon the requested information. What a loon. What a tool. And what an untrustworthy sack of filth too boot

Shipping is 3.99. but I sure as hell am not paying that much to buy a shipping label directly from the site. Now I got another customer with a postage due issue.

• 2 weeks later...