Star Trek Online questions thread

BEER MONSTER

I can certainly see plenty of questions being raised about this game over the coming months, many of which will no doubt be from myself. So thought this would be a good place to get them answered.

My only question at the moment is how the hell do you change the camera distance? Somehow I've zoomed out and it won't let me change it back, holding x and going to camera controls does nothing.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked a question about the shields on ships before, but I guess I can always ask it again on how to move shields around to protect me more often.

As for glitchy trophies, not for me, two popped when they did, as in the tutorial one when the three first missions were completed (could be different for the other two factions on missions) and the plaques one unlocked when I read the last one required.

Only two I have for the game right now though.

I suppose it depends? I mean I'm Federation at the moment and I've got the questline for the Klingon War going on right now, but according to PSNProfiles, it seems like there are two other quest trophies people have, which are Spectres and Warzone.

So I am assuming that that is the case where one has to play as all three factions, as it seems each real starting mission is different.

Does anyone know whereabouts in the C-Store the bonus items are located that you get for linking your PSN ID to an ARC account? I ask because the text on the linking screen was so small I couldn't read it and accidentally skipped the page into the bargain :(. I've tried looking online but there's nothing out there about where the bonus items are located :(.

Does anyone know whereabouts in the C-Store the bonus items are located that you get for linking your PSN ID to an ARC account? I ask because the text on the linking screen was so small I couldn't read it and accidentally skipped the page into the bargain :(. I've tried looking online but there's nothing out there about where the bonus items are located :(.

I haven't collected mine yet, but according to the e-mail I received from Arc games, it says they should be located in the promotions tab of the c store.

Okay, so I've now figured out the shields and how they work on the ship. Holding down the left stick reroutes them so they even out again... even if it's a bit awkward on the placement of it being said left stick and not another button on the controller.

I am curious though with the Romulan faction, on if they have roughly the same sort of race choices as the Federation or not? I know the Klingon race would have very little.

So when does the Federation tutorial end? I currently have a mission to warn a colony or something and it still hasn't unlocked.

There's like, three missions for it... so after the third one, which I think you're on now, it should unlock.

For me, getting skills for my Captain... I take it that those skills underneath certain levels only open up once you reach that ran? Such as skills in the Admiral area only unlock for purchase once you are actually an Admiral?

Edited by DrakeHellsing

There's like, three missions for it... so after the third one, which I think you're on now, it should unlock.

For me, getting skills for my Captain... I take it that those skills underneath certain levels only open up once you reach that ran? Such as skills in the Admiral area only unlock for purchase once you are actually an Admiral?

That's correct, you have to spend the minimum level up points to get the next level of abilities which ties in with your actual rank. Well, that's how it was in the PC version anyway.

For the trophies to do with the Risa resort... what are the Vistas that are mentions in the guide? Are they all the huts at the resort? As I did visit the resort in question, ran around for a little bit.

Don't know but it could be that you might have to wait for the Risa Summer Event 2017 and get the jetpack to fly around some locations.

Don't know but it could be that you might have to wait for the Risa Summer Event 2017 and get the jetpack to fly around some locations.

Weird, I saw some people flying about on jetpacks already... so not sure how they would get them.

Also about ranks, a small question... for your new rank to take affect, do you have to go to Earth Spacedock to be promoted correctly?

Weird, I saw some people flying about on jetpacks already... so not sure how they would get them.

Also about ranks, a small question... for your new rank to take affect, do you have to go to Earth Spacedock to be promoted correctly?

Nope, new ranks take effect as soon as you get the experience points, the only thing you need to go to space dock for is when you get a new ship or new items you may need to collect for the new level reached.

So how will I know when I can buy a better ship? I'd like to know, possibly for the next story arc after I finish off the Klingon War... cause knowing my luck, the ships later on will be able to take my ship out with ease x.x

You get 1 free ship every tenth level up to level 40. You'll sadly be stuck with a level 40 (T5 ship) for the remainder of end-game unless you pay up for those fancy ships. Not sure yet how tough it will be doing story/PVE missions at level 60 with my level 40 T5.

You get 1 free ship every tenth level up to level 40. You'll sadly be stuck with a level 40 (T5 ship) for the remainder of end-game unless you pay up for those fancy ships. Not sure yet how tough it will be doing story/PVE missions at level 60 with my level 40 T5.

Ah, so I should have one at Earth Spacedock to collect... as the last quest I did... that Klingon ship rocked me badly, I kept dying. I mean I got the ship in the end, but boy it kept taking my shields down too easily.

yep, best thing to do is as soon as you hit level 10, level 20, level 30 and level 40 is to head back to Earth Spacedock first thing and swap out your ships, and yeah on PC i am around level 43 with a Sovereign class ship (Enterprise in Star Trek First Contact) and that's the best i can get, unless empty my pockets, unless teaming up with other players for the level 50 to 60 missions makes them a lot easier, i'm not sure how that works.

yep, best thing to do is as soon as you hit level 10, level 20, level 30 and level 40 is to head back to Earth Spacedock first thing and swap out your ships, and yeah on PC i am around level 43 with a Sovereign class ship (Enterprise in Star Trek First Contact) and that's the best i can get, unless empty my pockets, unless teaming up with other players for the level 50 to 60 missions makes them a lot easier, i'm not sure how that works.

I'm level 18 right now and only just had difficulties with enemies now. But I shall do so when I'm back in the game, go back there before I continue with the arc I'm on.

Do the items on your ship carry over to your new one? As in, you need not reapply your items again?

How do you swap out your ships? I got a free Andorian vessel for linking my account but can't find it or the free outfits anywhere (I'm playing as the Klingons BTW) :(. I'm also having trouble figuring out the Dilithium exchange as I have put in a bid but no Zen has been paid out :confused:.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

How do you swap out your ships? I got a free Andorian vessel for linking my account but can't find it or the free outfits anywhere (I'm playing as the Klingons BTW) :(. I'm also having trouble figuring out the Dilithium exchange as I have put a bid in but no Zen has been paid out :confused:.

u find all free customes and ships by clicking options, store, c store, promotions. (very bottom)the andorian ship wasnt available when i was klingon ('claim' was greyed out)but i am able to add it to my inventary as a frederation and will be able to open it when i hit level 4.

Edited by monsterdadhelp

@Drake

Such a small trophy hunting world lol. Cappy and I just ran into each other on Risa :)

Regarding the two trophies here, you need to rent the jet pack from the vendor inside the hut right near where you spawn. I used the checklist and map from true achievements (all credit to the author):

Restful Resort Achievement in Star Trek Online

You essentially need to use the jetpack to unlock certain accolades around the island. All of them were pretty easy to achieve, but there is one randomly generated event that has been a bit of a mystery to unlock. You need to watch a fireworks display near the resort, but Cappy and I have not been able to get the accolade to unlock. I've been running around here for a few hours, and I have only seen it happen once. If anyone has a sure method of getting this to trigger, I'd love to hear it. Hope this helps.