100% Gallery Trophy

ArcheyShiggy

This trophy requires you to complete the Gallery which compromises of pretty much everything in game. Most will come naturally by just completing the game, but it also requires you to craft all the gear available, including all upgrades, and for that you will need to grind exorbitant amounts of materials. Most materials can be bought after reaching max Corps level, but few of them can't and must be obtained through combat. These are normally rewards from achieving S rank or killing/dismembering the Dire Subjugation target. You'll need hundreds of these and playing efficiently it's about 2 drops per (15+- minutes) stage.

The main problem with it is the lack of actual stat progression once you reach the True Attack Mode, and how quickly unfun the game gets when you have to strike 10 times to cut off a limb. Despite the inane amount of materials and funds needed to make better gear and upgrade it, they never really offer a good advantage over the end game Titans (the ones you need to kill repeatedly). You will never be able to rush through the later stages killing Titans quickly and cleanly, which is arguably the best part of the gameplay, even if you're playing on Easy, using the best character with the best gear in game.

Best example of this being the "Perfected" Set, which requires an insane amount of high end materials, available only at the end of True Attack, and 600000 funds to make it, but still completely average and probably even a small downgrade on damage.

You're also forced to use Levi, Eren or Mikasa, since other characters simply lack enough damage output to complete the stages. Especially since you also need to kill Dire Subjugation targets and S rank consistently to get the materials you need. For example, The Armored Titan, who is present in pretty much all high end levels, completely negates all the Command skill characters since your allies never manage to hit it's limbs. If you're not conservative and play sloppy, you will probably run out of gas or blades too.

Bottom line, this trophy is insane and alone it makes this Platinum a boring hassle. Just gave up on it after 33 hours of game-time since I finally convinced myself it simply wasn't worthy or fun. I was really motivated to be the first western Platinum achiever too.

In terms of time needed, I guess it's on the low end of musou games, but it's surely among the worst. I might come back if someone makes a good guide and I'm done with my backlog (this will never happen). Good luck to anyone still attempting this.

Edited by ArcheyShiggy

Ugh... I hadn't looked into the gallery at all so far, and realised that it's set me back so far now. I've been making the gear I can as I get the available materials for it, however I was just using it to fortify the gear I was using, meaning I wasn't upgrading each set.

Ultimately remaking the basic set isn't all that big of a deal, it would've just been nice if I'd looked it up sooner, lol.

Thanks for the info, this one is gonna be a pain.

Ugh... I hadn't looked into the gallery at all so far, and realised that it's set me back so far now. I've been making the gear I can as I get the available materials for it, however I was just using it to fortify the gear I was using, meaning I wasn't upgrading each set.

Ultimately remaking the basic set isn't all that big of a deal, it would've just been nice if I'd looked it up sooner, lol.

Thanks for the info, this one is gonna be a pain.

Yeah forgot to mention: don't fortify your gear unless you've completed the upgrade path, or else you will waste materials.

It's not that big deal though since you can buy and craft most of the starting gear. The equipment that actually requires grinding is most likely at the end of an upgrade path.

This trophy requires you to complete the Gallery which compromises of pretty much everything in game. Most will come naturally by just completing the game, but it also requires you to craft all the gear available, including all upgrades, and for that you will need to grind exorbitant amounts of materials. Most materials can be bought after reaching max Corps level, but few of them can't and must be obtained through combat. These are normally rewards from achieving S rank or killing/dismembering the Dire Subjugation target. You'll need hundreds of these and playing efficiently it's about 2 drops per (15+- minutes) stage.

The main problem with it is the lack of actual stat progression once you reach the True Attack Mode, and how quickly unfun the game gets when you have to strike 10 times to cut off a limb. Despite the inane amount of materials and funds needed to make better gear and upgrade it, they never really offer a good advantage over the end game Titans (the ones you need to kill repeatedly). You will never be able to rush through the later stages killing Titans quickly and cleanly, which is arguably the best part of the gameplay, even if you're playing on Easy, using the best character with the best gear in game.

Best example of this being the "Perfected" Set, which requires an insane amount of high end materials, available only at the end of True Attack, and 600000 funds to make it, but still completely average and probably even a small downgrade on damage.

You're also forced to use Levi, Eren or Mikasa, since other characters simply lack enough damage output to complete the stages. Especially since you also need to kill Dire Subjugation targets and S rank consistently to get the materials you need. For example, The Armored Titan, who is present in pretty much all high end levels, completely negates all the Command skill characters since your allies never manage to hit it's limbs. If you're not conservative and play sloppy, you will probably run out of gas or blades too.

Bottom line, this trophy is insane and alone it makes this Platinum a boring hassle. Just gave up on it after 33 hours of game-time since I finally convinced myself it simply wasn't worthy or fun. I was really motivated to be the first western Platinum achiever too.

In terms of time needed, I guess it's on the low end of musou games, but it's surely among the worst. I might come back if someone makes a good guide and I'm done with my backlog (this will never happen). Good luck to anyone still attempting this.

I don' t understand, for the 100% of the gallery, do we need to achieve all S rank in all survey missions?

Are dlcs weapons good enough to not have to strike 10 times to cut a limb?

I don't have these DLC weapons so can't say for sure. Maybe they are stronger than the rest in the base game.

I don' t understand, for the 100% of the gallery, do we need to achieve all S rank in all survey missions?

No you don't. You need to grind a lot of materials and for some of them you need to S Rank/Dire Subjugation end game missions. You don't have to S rank any mission on "easy" Survey Mode for materials for example, only later ones at the True Attack Survey.

I just tried True attack mode for the first time and I have pretty good gear and didn't even have time to kill the first DST on the first mission simply because it took 20-30 hits to kill one arm. True attack mode isn't challenging, just retarded.

I don't know what the developers were thinking but increasing the Titans health 10 times or whatever is probably the most poor way to make a game more challenging.

Edited by SiriusAmory

I just tried True attack mode for the first time and I have pretty good gear and didn't even have time to kill the first DST on the first mission simply because it took 20-30 hits to kill one arm. True attack mode isn't challenging, just retarded.

I don't know what the developers were thinking but increasing the Titans health 10 times or whatever is probably the most poor way to make a game more challenging.

May not go for this trophy.

If you mean the DST from the training mission on True Attack then yeah it's fucked up, but he's way harder than the ones that follow, he's an exemption. I think he's supposed to be the Titan that kills Eren and Mikasa's mom or something and he's super strong here.

True Attack is filled with bullshit and I hate it (I think I made that clear in my post) and this is a perfect example of what's wrong with it, but give it another try. It's not THAT bad.

This is one of those cases where you look at the trophy, see something like "Get 100% Gallery Completion" and you think, how bad could that be? Little did I know that was going to be like a 200 hour trophy or whatever. If I had known that, I probably would've just done this game on my second account, beaten the main story, and moved on with my life. But now it's stuck on my main account and I'm stuck doing this whole Plat.

I wonder if its worse than 100% Gallery in One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (which I still havent gotten at about 100 hours played)

Well, I have that Plat, and from the sounds of it, Attack on Titan sounds much worse. At least in One Piece, you were making meaningful, permanent progress by doing different things and playing different levels and using different characters. This sounds like you have to just pick your best character and get hundreds of a specific item or replay a level dozens of times to get money and it just sounds like it's going to drive people insane with how repetitive it's going to be. Even Pirate Warriors 1 was worse than 3 because of the RNG of getting the coins and having to play the same level over and over until you finally got lucky.

On a separate matter, is there any trophy-related reason for doing any of the Titan Special Model crafting? The reason I'm wondering is maybe you need to make one to get it added to the Titan list in the Gallery, but I don't know. I'm hoping they can just be ignored because fuck all of that.

Edited by Seibei4211

Well, I have that Plat, and from the sounds of it, Attack on Titan sounds much worse. At least in One Piece, you were making meaningful, permanent progress by doing different things and playing different levels and using different characters. This sounds like you have to just pick your best character and get hundreds of a specific item or replay a level dozens of times to get money and it just sounds like it's going to drive people insane with how repetitive it's going to be. Even Pirate Warriors 1 was worse than 3 because of the RNG of getting the coins and having to play the same level over and over until you finally got lucky.

On a separate matter, is there any trophy-related reason for doing any of the Titan Special Model crafting? The reason I'm wondering is maybe you need to make one to get it added to the Titan list in the Gallery, but I don't know. I'm hoping they can just be ignored because fuck all of that.

Well PW3 had the problem of not being able to pick your teammates. Yah PW1 had rng but it was the first game and they fixed that. PW2 had the best trophy list by far.

As for Attack on Titan, hopefully people figure out a better way of doing things, if not thisll be a no Platinum for me.

I'm having a great time playing Wings of Freedom; finally something different than the generic musou title, with a great (and deeper) combat system.

Currently at the Epilogue (last mission), Corps Lv. 80, and 68% gallery completion.

100%ing it will be a pain in the neck.

I can't upgrade the strongest weapons I have (King Tiger Zero MKII > MKIII or Tiger Zero MKIII > Cloud Zero) because there are rare items like Giant Crystal or Giant Tree Core that will be dropped only on True Attack Mode.

Plus you have to kill almost every Dire target to find all the Bizarre Titan and unlock their entries in the gallery.

So you have to replay missions over and over again, sometimes for one item you need.

Side note: some 8-stars Expedition missions are quite hard, and require good planning, even on Normal.

You have to know how to manage distress signals while quickly killing all the titans, and sometimes you have to deal with a lot of them while trying to save a cadet/soldier/scout which is usually dumb, get grabbed, and you can't lock onto the right titan. Mission Failed > Restart.

I'd really love a Save option during missions, or GOOD checkpoints (the option to restart from checkpoint is here, but is broken).

I wonder if its worse than 100% Gallery in One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (which I still havent gotten at about 100 hours played)

I have the One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Platinum and don't really remember it being that long haha. I can say with certainty that this is WAY more boring, though it really is a "easy" musou platinum. I'm nearing the end of the grind at 50 hours, but it sure felt more than that.

I'm having a great time playing Wings of Freedom; finally something different than the generic musou title, with a great (and deeper) combat system.

Currently at the Epilogue (last mission), Corps Lv. 80, and 68% gallery completion.

100%ing it will be a pain in the neck.

I can't upgrade the strongest weapons I have (King Tiger Zero MKII > MKIII or Tiger Zero MKIII > Cloud Zero) because there are rare items like Giant Crystal or Giant Tree Core that will be dropped only on True Attack Mode.

Plus you have to kill almost every Dire target to find all the Bizarre Titan and unlock their entries in the gallery.

So you have to replay missions over and over again, sometimes for one item you need.

For the bolded: Giant Crystal is the unique body drop from the Colossal Titan in the last mission from normal Attack Mode. The Colossal Crystal is the True Attack version which is only required by a select few gear.

And don't worry about the Titan entries in the Gallery, you will surely get them all by completing the True Attack Survey Mode. If not, during the grind for high end materials, since you will need to kill lots of Bizarre Titans.

Edited by ArcheyShiggy

For the bolded: Giant Crystal is the unique body drop from the Colossal Titan in the last mission from normal Attack Mode. The Colossal Crystal is the True Attack version which is only required by a select few gear.

And don't worry about the Titan entries in the Gallery, you will surely get them all by completing the True Attack Survey Mode. If not, during the grind for high end materials, since you will need to kill lots of Bizarre Titans.

Thanks for clearing me that ArcheyShiggy.

I cleared Attack Mode yesterday and got 3 Giant Crystals; last mission is actually easier than others on Survey Mode, I got an S ranking on my first try!

True Attack mode wil be interesting.

I S-ranked the first 3 missions, finally a great challenge!

But:

- You have to clear the first 3 chapters with set characters, I'm NOT looking forward to play as Armin again. You have to max out at least Eren, Mikasa, Armin and Levi.

- Dire targets are basically Impossible to kill without the best equipment.

A 622 sharpness blade nearly scratches them; you need like 6 to cut an arm or leg. Not even worth the pain, just leave them alone.

- The grind for MONEY, other than materials, is absurd!

100k for the best horse, more than 15k for a weapon upgrade...and you don't seem to get more money than regular Attack Mode, even with Complete Subjugations.

I'll try the same mission in both modes to see if there's a difference.

I cleared Attack Mode yesterday and got 3 Giant Crystals; last mission is actually easier than others on Survey Mode, I got an S ranking on my first try!

But:

- You have to clear the first 3 chapters with set characters, I'm NOT looking forward to play as Armin again. You have to max out at least Eren, Mikasa, Armin and Levi.

A 622 sharpness blade nearly scratches them; you need like 6 to cut an arm or leg. Not even worth the pain, just leave them alone.

100k for the best horse, more than 15k for a weapon upgrade...and you don't seem to get more money than regular Attack Mode, even with Complete Subjugations.

You'll get money from completing survey missions later on. Instead of getting rewarded a muster roll, they'll give you cash. Same for requests.

Quite a lot of cash too!

So uhhhhh. Just completed the Gallery after nearly 50 hours of game time. And the trophy is apparently glitched? Sure didn't pop up for me.

*Sigh*

At least I managed to reload it just before completing it...

Edit: Sheesh. You need to complete a mission after completing the Gallery to unlock the trophy. Boy am I glad I'm done with this shit.

But:

I recommend leveling Conny too. His last skill is crazy good as it boosts your damage A LOT after getting a Complete Subjugation medal. I was hitting 60000 later on.

Also don't worry about money. You get 100000 per request completed at the True Attack Mode. Plus you also get big rewards for hitting milestones at Survey. If you complete all requests and Survey again you don't need to grind any money. You can and should buy the materials from the depot whenever possible. Only grind materials not avaliable at it, like Glowing Crystals and Large Ultra-hardened Crystals.

Edited by ArcheyShiggy

@ xDragonwiingz and ArcheyShiggy - what a relief :D I'll focus on True Attack Survey then, thanks for the heads up!

I'll also try and level up as many characters as I can...didn't know Conny could be such a good character! Sasha may be good to, with her rare-drops ability!

So uhhhhh. Just completed the Gallery after nearly 50 hours of game time. And the trophy is apparently glitched? Sure didn't pop up for me.

*Sigh*

At least I managed to reload it just before completing it...

Edit: Sheesh. You need to complete a mission after completing the Gallery to unlock the trophy. Boy am I glad I'm done with this shit.

Hmm, good to know, I'll make a couple of backup save files later on.

If you mean the DST from the training mission on True Attack then yeah it's fucked up, but he's way harder than the ones that follow, he's an exemption. I think he's supposed to be the Titan that kills Eren and Mikasa's mom or something and he's super strong here.

True Attack is filled with bullshit and I hate it (I think I made that clear in my post) and this is a perfect example of what's wrong with it, but give it another try. It's not THAT bad.

I think you may be right. Survey mode isn't too bad. Still a bore and the Titans reach is longer than it looks. They'll swipe their hand at you and you're out of reach from the hand but you get sucked into it :p

I keep seeing "musou", what does that mean? All I can find is warrior and minor character from Inuyasha anime.

"Musou" in gaming is used to refer to a series of games known in the West as "Warriors" - the Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, etc., games. This AoT game was developed by the people who do those titles, so people are likely to compare them. You might also see it used to refer to games that aren't specifically in the Musou/Warriors series, but use similar gameplay, like Sengoku Basara.