Trophy Discussion

KingSigy

you ready to make a guide yet zador?

I've started writing the walkthrough on PSNProfiles, but hoping to find someone to collaborate with on the trophy guide (and possibly the walkthrough as well). I'll port the walkthrough here once it's done if nobody else has made one by then.

In the meantime, here's a checklist of all passwords required to only advance the story parts of weeks 2 and 3 (let me know if I forgot any) :

[spoiler=weekpass]

Week 2

7623 (The Caves)

FILTER (The Caves)

MEDFILES (Colony B)

600423 (Colony B)

Week 3

CASTLES (Comms Relay)

WILLIAM (Comms Relay)

080234 (The Caves)

RABBITS (The Caves)

2412 (Agro-Domes)

3366 (Agro-Domes)

4692 (Agro-Domes)

23164 (Colony B)

I've started writing the walkthrough on PSNProfiles, but hoping to find someone to collaborate with on the trophy guide (and possibly the walkthrough as well). I'll port the walkthrough here once it's done if nobody else has made one by then.

In the meantime, here's a checklist of all passwords required to only advance the story parts of weeks 2 and 3 (let me know if I forgot any) :

[spoiler=weekpass]

Week 2

7623 (The Caves)

FILTER (The Caves)

MEDFILES (Colony B)

600423 (Colony B)

Week 3

CASTLES (Comms Relay)

WILLIAM (Comms Relay)

080234 (The Caves)

RABBITS (The Caves)

2412 (Agro-Domes)

3366 (Agro-Domes)

4692 (Agro-Domes)

23164 (Colony B)

Thanks for the passwords, been keeping track of these myself too, what is really annoying though is for most you have to find the password first, slowing down playthroughs :(

Thanks for the passwords, been keeping track of these myself too, what is really annoying though is for most you have to find the password first, slowing down playthroughs :(

Yup, would make the progress a lot faster if you could enter them without having to re-find all of them (only three of the above week 2/3 passwords can be used without finding the information for them first).

I choose the same person all 3 times, got all the items, sweet talker, but no commitment. No option to leave with the person. Wtf

You don't leave with them, you just leave like normal. The trophy pops after the credits are over (unlike the Alone/With You trophies), so make sure you don't close down the game or anything.

I wonder why you didn't get the trophy. Perhaps it's a bit buggy or requires things that aren't part of the normal memento trophies/requires making specific dialogue choices to actually count.

Whose trophy were you attempting to get?

You don't leave with them, you just leave like normal. The trophy pops after the credits are over (unlike the Alone/With You trophies), so make sure you don't close down the game or anything.

I wonder why you didn't get the trophy. Perhaps it's a bit buggy or requires things that aren't part of the normal memento trophies/requires making specific dialogue choices to actually count.

Whose trophy were you attempting to get?

Yeah who were you trying to go for? Since i had the same thing happen with Jean Lumbagbum or whatever his name was from caves. Had to do it a second time

I really hope the devs read this thread and anyone else complaining. It's ridiculous to ask gamers to play the same 5-6 hour game 4-5 times with no changing story as incentive.

Fine. If you can't do that, it's also ridiculous not to have save points or chapter select. A point and click adventure game should never take almost 30 hours to platinum. That's insane. I love the genre by the way and I kind of liked their/his previous game Home but it was the same thing however that game was 1/5th the length of this game so replaying it was no problem yet that didn't have a platinum which it SHOULD have had with that format.

I understand wanting replay value for your game but incentive is key and a platinum where you have to replay from start to finish a 5-6 hour game FIVE TIMES. I can't be the only one who feels this way? Do other games do this? I've never in my life encounter a platinum that's as much of a pushing the boulder up a hill experience as this one.

Walkthrough is mostly written now, just need to write down the special simulation dialogue choices for the remaining two characters (Leslie, Pierre) so I'll get that done once I finish their playthroughs *_*

Although I may end up having to change the layout of the walkthrough as it's currently in sections as Week 1 (Full) > Week 2 (Full) > Week 3 (Full) > Week 2 (Quick) > Week 3 (Quick). I could make it playthrough specific instead so nobody would have to jump around between the sections.

I'm sorry to hear (or should I say "read") that. Who did you try to get the trophy for?

It was for Leslie but I spent one of my special dates with Jean accidently. Don't know if that had an effect.

Yes, that would be why then. One of the commitment requirements is to spend all special simulations with that one person.

So i got the platinum tonight, and yes the time it took is utterly ridiculous for a game that doesn't change in anyway between playthroughs for a story driven game! Even telltale manage to change things up with decisions, this game doesn't even do that.

Btw i found the quickest way to get through caves week 3 is to go to the red platform first, get the data disc, and then go exit and then round in a circle (blue, yellow, green, red) and you'll be able to do the whole thing in one circle, it works out much quicker that way

I also got the "playing the field" trophy in the same playthrough as "it was you all along", by being dismissive towards everyone and never being nice.

Just so you know, the "playing the field" trophy doesn't pop immediately, it pops at the beginning of the next day after you speak to the AI at the beginning.... so don't panic.

Also it might be worth mentioning, when being dismissive to the holograms, on the second special simulation (at the end of a week) the character will say "we have met in these special simulations twice now, i thought they might be more special to you", the characters say that regardless of whether you have met them twice or not, so don't panic that you've screwed up your "playing the field" attempt. definitely worth mentioning that in your guide

Edited by Fragpuss

So i got the platinum tonight, and yes the time it took is utterly ridiculous for a game that doesn't change in anyway between playthroughs for a story driven game! Even telltale manage to change things up with decisions, this game doesn't even do that.

Btw i found the quickest way to get through caves week 3 is to go to the red platform first, get the data disc, and then go exit and then round in a circle (blue, yellow, green, red) and you'll be able to do the whole thing in one circle, it works out much quicker that way

I also got the "playing the field" trophy in the same playthrough as "it was you all along", by being dismissive towards everyone and never being nice.

Just so you know, the "playing the field" trophy doesn't pop immediately, it pops at the beginning of the next day after you speak to the AI at the beginning.... so don't panic.

Also it might be worth mentioning, when being dismissive to the holograms, on the second special simulation (at the end of a week) the character will say "we have met in these special simulations twice now, i thought they might be more special to you", the characters say that regardless of whether you have met them twice or not, so don't panic that you've screwed up your "playing the field" attempt. definitely worth mentioning that in your guide

Congratulations on the platinum!

I've written my walkthrough going Red (datacard) > Green > Yellow > Blue > Exit > Red > Exit > Core. I'll test the Red (datacard) > Exit > Blue > Yellow > Green > Red > Exit > Core later, but it doesn't seem like there'd be much of a speed difference as both have the one extra Exit trip and no other major differences.

I'm already aware of the Playing the field notes (similiarly, Roll Call doesn't unlock until talking to the AI after returning to Colony A)

Good point about the "We have met" part :) Thank you for that, as I likely wouldn't have remembered since I'm skipping all regular dialogue on the Vita version xD

Edited my walkthrough to be playthrough-specific, but didn't get to do any other work on it yesterday. Doesn't help that the Vita versions is pretty much guaranteed to crash randomly on return trips to Colony A during week 3...

I keep missing Roll Call, is there a hidden body in week 2 or 3?

Also don't know how to get I Didn't Mean It trophy. Thanks in advance for any help tips ✌🏼️

Without knowing which bodies you are already getting i can't really tell you which you're missing... are you remember to scan the one outside (i think colony B week 3)?

As for "i didn't mean it" when you're in a hologram with the black dude (i forget his name), he will say something about the disaster and "i'm a good person, you believe me right?" and say no, then next time you see him, apologise and the trophy will pop.

I keep missing Roll Call, is there a hidden body in week 2 or 3?

Also don't know how to get I Didn't Mean It trophy. Thanks in advance for any help tips ✌🏼️

Without knowing which bodies you are already getting i can't really tell you which you're missing... are you remember to scan the one outside (i think colony B week 3)?

As for "i didn't mean it" when you're in a hologram with the black dude (i forget his name), he will say something about the disaster and "i'm a good person, you believe me right?" and say no, then next time you see him, apologise and the trophy will pop.

Full list of corpses below, I bolded the easily missable ones:

• Carlotta Viktorov - The Caves - Week 1 - Refuge Station; the same room as the story-required pocket knife
  • Maya Fisher - The Caves - Week 1 - Blasting Chamber; the "last" room in the mines
  • Arlo Jager - The Agro-Domes - Week 1 - Roots & Tubers Chamber; the room with the potatoes and the passage that goes through rubble
  • Florent Marchand - The Agro-Domes - Week 1 - Leafy Greens Chamber One; next to ladder in the room with the Garden Cress story-required scannable
  • Leon Robertson - Colony B - Week 1 - West Waste Processing Room; you'll pass him on the way to restoring the first power grid but can't scan him until you have done so
  • Sentwali Terzi - Colony B - Week 1 - Central Service Corridor; before the door to the Secondary Storage
  • Sasha Kaminski - Colony B - Week 1 - Electrical Room; Right next to the first electrified puddle
  • William King - Colony B - Week 1 - Main Service Room; pretty much unmissable
  • Ren Nomura - The Caves - Week 2 - Level 3 Tube Access?; Go up (instead of down) on the lift tube in the Level 2 Tube Access
  • Hana Pang - The Caves - Week 2 - West Maintenance Corridor; on the floor near the rubble
  • Bill Dupree - The Caves - Week 2 - Control Room; in front of the drone parts
  • Ashley Hainsworth - The Agro-Domes - Week 2 - West Lab; sitting in the chair
  • Darius Simonis - Colony B - Week 2 - Intensive Care Unit; on the floor
  • Yagmur Dahl - Colony B - Week 2 - ICU Room B; on the floor opposite the unidentifiable remains
  • Unidentifiable remains - Colony B - Week 2 - ICU Room B; on the gurney/bed opposite
  • Yagmur Dahl
  • Lance Magorian - Colony B - Week 2 - Operating Prep Room; on the floor
  • Li Xu - Colony B - Week 2 - Operating Theatre; on the floor
  • Obaseki McKenna - Colony B - Week 2 - X-ray Lab; left end of the room
  • Ryan Payton - Terraforming Fields - Week 2 - Surface Control Room; sitting on a chair around the birthday arrangement opposite David Afan
  • David Afan - Terraforming Fields - Week 2 - Surface Control Room; sitting on a chair around the birthday arrangement opposite Ryan Payton
  • Story-required corpse - Comms Relay Station - Week 3 - Observation deck; unmissable
  • Partial remains (actually the body of Themba Ivanovic) - The Caves - Week 3; OUTSIDE the building before you even enter it
  • Abra Dombroski - The Caves - Week 3 - Common Lab (Blue Labs); under the rubble
  • Binh Nguyen - The Caves - Week 3 - Research Core; on the left side
  • Story-required corpse - The Caves - Week 3 - Research Core; unmissable
  • Bodies of geneticists (story-required corpses; identities are Matsuko Bradley and Dale Zurakowski); unmissable
  • Story-required corpse - The Agro-Domes - Week 3 - Story-required corpse's Quarters; unmissable
  • Story-required corpse - Colony B - Week 3 - Ship Hangar?; unmissable

The above actually means there are 29 separately scannable corpses (if the geneticists are counted as 1), so there's one that's either not counted (possibly "Unidentifiable remains") or the trophy shows the wrong count.

Is there an ETA on the trophy guide? :) I'm anxious to play this.

I wanted to have it done by now, but things haven't gone according to plan :p I haven't been able to play the game in a couple of days, which also means I haven't been able to continue writing D:

Most of the miscellaneous trophies have been discussed on this topic, so that combined with just scanning everything you see can get you the platinum in the meantime if you wish to give it a try.

• 1 month later...