Trophy Discussion

KingSigy

Hey guys,

I'm going to be reviewing this game, so I've had an advance press copy for a few days. I just finished it and can tell you about a few of the hidden trophies.

There are two main endings, each with a trophy. One also requires you to not dedicate to any of the other companions during the main story.

The endings are easy enough to figure out. All of the "collectibles," so to speak, are also incredibly easy to find. Since you are only ever scanning things in the environment, you just have to make sure to scan literally everything on each screen.

I'm still puzzled on a bunch of the other hidden trophies, but it may have to do with the companions you can speak to throughout the story. I know one is for picking a different person on each "special" trip you have to the holo-chamber, so that is something.

I can't really say much else (I'm under NDA), but it's a really good game. Great story and it has a lot more actual gameplay than Home did. One puzzle had me stumped for a bit, but everything is based on observation and can (eventually) be solved.

I feel like no one's playing this game. I'm stuck in the plant lab and there's no guise :confused:

There are four notes within the plant lab, one of those is attached to the machine that requires a password and does not contain any information needed for the password. Now there are three other notes within rooms of the plant lab, one per room. When reading these notes look at which words are in all CAPS. These three words make a phrase that you will enter as the password on the machine. I don't want to spoil the phrase, but if you have any further problems let me know.

Edited by derekmoyer

There are four notes within the plant lab, one of those is attached to the machine that requires a password and does not contain any information needed for the password. Now there are three other notes within rooms of the plant lab, one per room. When reading these notes look at which words are in all CAPS. These three words make a phrase that you will enter as the password on the machine. I don't want to spoil the phrase, but if you have any further problems let me know.

OMG you are amazing. I will definitely need your help in the future. Thank you! I never would have figured that out. Gonna go try it out in a few. I stream by the way. If you're ever on Twitch and feel like being a personaal guide, my stream has very friendly people. My name is Firedemon2021 everywhere (twitter too if you're so inclined). Always looking to meet cool new gamers.

Have to agree, a really fun game. I am halfway through the second week and have enjoyed playing it a lot. Looks like a lot of the trophies you will get during the third week of playing seeing they consist of collecting all the items in a certain area of the game.

OMG you are amazing. I will definitely need your help in the future. Thank you! I never would have figured that out. Gonna go try it out in a few. I stream by the way. If you're ever on Twitch and feel like being a personaal guide, my stream has very friendly people. My name is Firedemon2021 everywhere (twitter too if you're so inclined). Always looking to meet cool new gamers.

No problem, happy to assist. I will have to check out your stream sometime.

How missable are the trophies on this one?

I believe the only ones that are not missable are the plot-related ones: Back in one piece, What a week, Double rotation, and Are we there yet?. And you're guaranteed to either get one of the ending trophies "Alone" or "With You", but not both.

I believe all the rest are missable, though they mostly seem pretty easy to get. The painful ones are going to be the various companion-related trophies, since that will require a bunch of replaying with different characters in the special simulations (and careful savefile management to minimize time).

I just finished it, backed up my save before the final holo bit, so i got my first character based one, and alone, and then reloaded and stayed behind to get another

I'm kind of annoyed because i got all the collectable trophy ones except for the hand-drawn schematics throughout Colony B one, despite the final meeting with that character saying "hey you found them all"....

Also does anyone know how to get the birthday/reconcilliation trophy? I looked at the birthday cards but never got the trophy

I believe the only ones that are not missable are the plot-related ones: Back in one piece, What a week, Double rotation, and Are we there yet?. And you're guaranteed to either get one of the ending trophies "Alone" or "With You", but not both.

I believe all the rest are missable, though they mostly seem pretty easy to get. The painful ones are going to be the various companion-related trophies, since that will require a bunch of replaying with different characters in the special simulations (and careful savefile management to minimize time).

Luckily you can ignore almost all of the scanning when just going for the ending trophies on later playthroughs (you can even skip entire rooms and the entire exploration of the last visit to Colony B as the password to the mess hall can be instantly entered). Winnie's parts take the most time on repeat playthroughs, the rest of them are all fairly quick (though the last Jean trip to the Caves is also lengthy compared to the other ones).

I just finished it, backed up my save before the final holo bit, so i got my first character based one, and alone, and then reloaded and stayed behind to get another

I'm kind of annoyed because i got all the collectable trophy ones except for the hand-drawn schematics throughout Colony B one, despite the final meeting with that character saying "hey you found them all"....

Also does anyone know how to get the birthday/reconcilliation trophy? I looked at the birthday cards but never got the trophy

I believe there are four schematics - 2 during week 1, 1 during week 2, and 1 during week 3. If you got all of those, then it's either buggy or actually requires some other optional scans to be done.

For the reconciliation trophy, scan the birthday cake in the last room of the last location the game forces you to go to during week 2. It'll be on a table between two corpses.

Luckily you can ignore almost all of the scanning when just going for the ending trophies on later playthroughs (you can even skip entire rooms and the entire exploration of the last visit to Colony B as the password to the mess hall can be instantly entered). Winnie's parts take the most time on repeat playthroughs, the rest of them are all fairly quick (though the last Jean trip to the Caves is also lengthy compared to the other ones).

I believe there are four schematics - 2 during week 1, 1 during week 2, and 1 during week 3. If you got all of those, then it's either buggy or actually requires some other optional scans to be done.

For the reconciliation trophy, scan the birthday cake in the last room of the last location the game forces you to go to during week 2. It'll be on a table between two corpses.

Cheers dude, i'm doing another playthrough and have got the 2 in week 1, so will keep track

As far as i can tell you only need 2 save backups, 1 at the end of week 1 when the storm turns up just before you choose who to have recreational time with in the holodome, and then later just before you choose whether to leave the planet.

That means you have to replay weeks 2 and 3, 4 times in total, and then reload and stay to get that trophy. Oh and on your final play through, having left the trophy for seeing a different character each recreation until last, save after the 2nd recreational holo visit, and choose someone other than Winnie, and from there just choose someone different each time, cuts out 2 weeks then

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :)

Edited by Fragpuss

Ugh I got everything except the Impress With Weather Knowledge one and the Commitment endings. I wish someone had a quick walkthrough but this game just came out. I don't know what I need to scan and what I don't to be msot efficient. It was very...I'll say confident of the dev to assume this would be worth five playthroughs.

Cheers dude, i'm doing another playthrough and have got the 2 in week 1, so will keep track

As far as i can tell you only need 2 save backups, 1 at the end of week 1 when the storm turns up just before you choose who to have recreational time with in the holodome, and then later just before you choose whether to leave the planet.

That means you have to replay weeks 2 and 3, 4 times in total, and then reload and stay to get that trophy.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :)

You only need 2 backups, correct. However, making one at the end won't be of any use as the commitment trophies require a) spending every simulation with each hologram (4 trophies) and then leaving; and b) spending every simulation with a different hologram and then staying with the AI. The second save backup doesn't need to be made until the last playthroughs: 1 at the storm point as you said and 1 before making the second "special simulation" choice (this doesn't need to be done until you're doing the last commitment trophy, but it will allow you to only have to replay week 3 for the AI commitment trophy).

Playthrough 1: Scan everything during week 1 in every location (this eliminates any need to replay week 1 for the other playthroughs), choose to spend time with one of the holograms and choose that same hologram for the other two special sessions as well (make a save backup before making the first special simulation choice) while also scanning every relevant item for them on weeks 2 and 3 - leave the planet at the end choice; I would also pick all positive options when talking to them though it may not matter

Playthrough 2: (Load backup) Choose the second hologram (of your choice) for all three sessions and scan that hologram's relevant items on weeks 2 and 3 - leave the planet at the end choice

Playthrough 3: (Load backup) Choose the third hologram for all three sessions and scan that hologram's relevant items on weeks 2 and 3 - leave the planet at the end choice

Playthrough 4: (Load backup) Choose the fourth hologram for all three sessions (Make a backup save before selecting that hologram for the second special simulation) and scan that hologram's relevant items on weeks 2 and 3 - leave the planet at the end choice

Playthrough 5: (Load the new backup) Choose a different hologram for each of the three special simulations (an example: choose Winnie, Jean, and Leslie for sessions 1, 2, and 3 respectively) - choose to stay at the end choice. I also chose negative/neutral choices for all the holograms throughout week 3 and during the special simulations, but that may not be necessary.

Ugh I got everything except the Impress With Weather Knowledge one and the Commitment endings. I wish someone had a quick walkthrough but this game just came out. I don't know what I need to scan and what I don't to be msot efficient. It was very...I'll say confident of the dev to assume this would be worth five playthroughs.

The game might tell you afterwards if you get it wrong, but the correct choice for the weather question is "Stay still".

I've been considering doing one on PSNProfiles once I start up the Vita version, but I'll have to see how things go once my work shifts (and work location) change starting tomorrow.

Unfortunately I can't confirm whether or not you need to only scan items that add a dialogue option during the simulations (those seem to be the mementos though as I got the trophy for Leslie even though I only scanned the notes at the end and the mandatory corpses on that playthrough), but I do pretty much know what things are mandatory to advance each location when wanting to "speedrun" them on later playthroughs; there is quite a bit of time you can save on them thanks to some of the password prompts being usable without doing all the necessary work to get the passwords.

Two examples of locations that can be done faster:

Caves - week 2: You can skip the drone fixing parts by looking at the datacard terminal in the computer room and then going back to the starting floor and entering the password - FILTER - on the middle door (out of three mandatory doors) that now prompts for a password (you'll also have to enter the room a bit to the right of the computer room and break the tube connection there in order to enter one of the three rooms as all three have to be entered to be able to leave the location)

Colony B - week 3 Interact with the mess hall door on your right as soon as you enter the inside of the building, enter the password (23164), pick up the food processing parts from the top of the screen, enter the area to the bottom-right, scan the corpse... and then you can leave :p

You only need 2 backups, correct. However, making one at the end won't be of any use as the commitment trophies require a) spending every simulation with each hologram (4 trophies) and then leaving; and b) spending every simulation with a different hologram and then staying with the AI. The second save backup doesn't need to be made until the last playthroughs: 1 at the storm point as you said and 1 before making the second "special simulation" choice (this doesn't need to be done until you're doing the last commitment trophy, but it will allow you to only have to replay week 3 for the AI commitment trophy).

Playthrough 1: Scan everything during week 1 in every location (this eliminates any need to replay week 1 for the other playthroughs), choose to spend time with one of the holograms and choose that same hologram for the other two special sessions as well (make a save backup before making the first special simulation choice) while also scanning every relevant item for them on weeks 2 and 3 - leave the planet at the end choice; I would also pick all positive options when talking to them though it may not matter

Playthrough 2: (Load backup) Choose the second hologram (of your choice) for all three sessions and scan that hologram's relevant items on weeks 2 and 3 - leave the planet at the end choice

Playthrough 3: (Load backup) Choose the third hologram for all three sessions and scan that hologram's relevant items on weeks 2 and 3 - leave the planet at the end choice

Playthrough 4: (Load backup) Choose the fourth hologram for all three sessions (Make a backup save before selecting that hologram for the second special simulation) and scan that hologram's relevant items on weeks 2 and 3 - leave the planet at the end choice

Playthrough 5: (Load the new backup) Choose a different hologram for each of the three special simulations (an example: choose Winnie, Jean, and Leslie for sessions 1, 2, and 3 respectively) - choose to stay at the end choice. I also chose negative/neutral choices for all the holograms throughout week 3 and during the special simulations, but that may not be necessary.

The game might tell you afterwards if you get it wrong, but the correct choice for the weather question is "Stay still".

I've been considering doing one on PSNProfiles once I start up the Vita version, but I'll have to see how things go once my work shifts (and work location) change starting tomorrow.

Unfortunately I can't confirm whether or not you need to only scan items that add a dialogue option during the simulations (those seem to be the mementos though as I got the trophy for Leslie even though I only scanned the notes at the end and the mandatory corpses on that playthrough), but I do pretty much know what things are mandatory to advance each location when wanting to "speedrun" them on later playthroughs; there is quite a bit of time you can save on them thanks to some of the password prompts being usable without doing all the necessary work to get the passwords.

Two examples of locations that can be done faster:

Caves - week 2: You can skip the drone fixing parts by looking at the datacard terminal in the computer room and then going back to the starting floor and entering the password - FILTER - on the middle door (out of three mandatory doors) that now prompts for a password (you'll also have to enter the room a bit to the right of the computer room and break the tube connection there in order to enter one of the three rooms as all three have to be entered to be able to leave the location)

Colony B - week 3 Interact with the mess hall door on your right as soon as you enter the inside of the building, enter the password (23164), pick up the food processing parts from the top of the screen, enter the area to the bottom-right, scan the corpse... and then you can leave :p

YOU ARE AMAZING.

I still wish there was a way to do this without backup saves.

How can you tell when you "commit" to someone?

i believe committing to someone is the moment at the end of the week 3 meeting with each person where they express an interest in being with you, and if you reply with "i'm with you" or words to that effect (always the top answer of the ones listed)

YOU ARE KIDDING ME.

I went through an entire playthrough and it didn't register a committment trophy. F--- this platinum. If someone wants to shareplay this I'd be more than happy but my brain has died playing this fing game

I can't do this anymore. I can't spend 35 hours to play the same game three more times. I just can't. It's cruel and unusual punishment.

Edited by Firedemon2021

i believe committing to someone is the moment at the end of the week 3 meeting with each person where they express an interest in being with you, and if you reply with "i'm with you" or words to that effect (always the top answer of the ones listed)

Committing is spending each simulation with the trophy-relevant person and (probably) picking the "I like you" and "Me too"-like options when talking to them during those simulations (just loading a save and spending one simulation with them + saying those options won't get you the trophy). Of course, all mementos are required for the other part of the trophy as well.

YOU ARE KIDDING ME.

I went through an entire playthrough and it didn't register a committment trophy. F--- this platinum. If someone wants to shareplay this I'd be more than happy but my brain has died playing this fing game

I can't do this anymore. I can't spend 35 hours to play the same game three more times. I just can't. It's cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm sorry to hear (or should I say "read") that. Who did you try to get the trophy for?

I can't for the life of me figure out the password for the week three caves room where you have to put in her "favorite things". i'm losing it.

Edit: the password needed to be plural. ffs. man fuck this game right now lol

Edited by J0HNL0CKE