Crystal Defenders - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

PsychoDelusion

http://i.imgur.com/GvdbekF.png

Thanks to morg106 for the banner

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10 (Τrophy Difficulty Rating)
  • Offline trophies: 12 (8(B), 3(S), 1(G))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 3-4hrs (Personal opinion) (Estimated Time to 100%)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 (Complete each map at least once)
  • Number of missable trophies: None
  • Glitched trophies: None
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
  • Do trophies stack?: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: There are no cheats for this game

Introduction:

Crystal Defenders (known as Crystal Guardians in Japan) is a turn-based strategy game that belongs in the Final Fantasy series. Your mission is to build an army consisting of Warriors, Archers, Black Mages, Thieves, Time Mages, Berserkers etc. in order to protect your crystals from 30 waves of enemies each time. It's one of the oldest titles on PSN and a pretty fun one to say the least. The gameplay is simple yet addictive and the soundtracks are surely memorable.

Trophy-wise this is a pretty basic trophy list that should not pose much of a threat if you're using a guide. The only obstacle in your way to this 100% is that you have to follow this guide precisely, because if you position a Warrior a little bit further out than you should then it's game over. With that in mind, you're ready to breeze through this wonderful game.

Walkthrough

Step 1: Complete every map without losing a single crystal

In this step you should focus on successfully completing all 12 maps this game has to offer, without losing a single crystal. While this looks like a daunting task, it's actually manageable to say the least, considering you will be following the dedicated walkthroughs in the trophy guide. Nevertheless if you're keen on not just watching the videos, then get the 100% and move on quickly. Here are some very valuable tips in order to get you accustomed to the world of Crystal Defenders:

Know Your Allies

The game features 9 different classes with some of them being exclusive to certain worlds. Below is a complete breakdown of each class:

Soldier/Fencer

Basic Information: Soldiers/Fencers do pretty much what you expect them to do. Their attack power is high but their range is limited.

Available In: W1/W2/W3

Effective Against: Ground Targets

Ineffective Against: Aerial Targets/Targets Immune to Physical Attacks

Archer/Hunter

Basic Information: Archers/Hunters can deal substantially less damage than Soldiers/Fencers but have a much wider range and can attack aerial targets.

Effective Against: Aerial/Ground Targets

Ineffective Against: Targets Immune to Physical Attacks

Black Mage

Basic Information: Black Mages come with a considerably wider range than Archers/Hunters and can attack multiple targets with a single attack. However, this comes with a much lower attack power and more time in-between attacks.

Effective Against: Ground/Aerial Targets

Ineffective Against: Targets Immune to Magical Attacks

Berserker

Basic Information: Berserkers are close relatives to Soldiers/Fencers. They have high attack power (weaker than a Soldier/Fencer) and limited range (wider than a Soldier/Fencer). Also, they can attack multiple targets with one attack but that comes at the cost of decreased speed

Effective Against: Ground Targets

Ineffective Against: Aerial Targets/Targets Immune to Physical Attacks

Time Mage

Basic Information: The purpose of Time Mages is quite different than the one the previous 4 classes have. Time Mages have a very low attack power and mediocre range but they have the special ability to slow down incoming targets, giving more time to your army to successfully defeat them.

Thief

Basic Information: Thieves cannot attack any targets as their only, yet important, purpose in your army is to collect extra gil for every target you defeat. This proves very useful in later waves and also helps you get a very high score at the end of the map.

Effective Against: None

Ineffective Against: None

Dragoon

Basic Information: Dragoons can deal an insane amount of damage to incoming targets thanks to his unbelievable attack power and very wide range. However, Dragoons are very slow moving and attack very few times during the course of a single wave

Available In: W2/W3

Ineffective Against: Targets Immune to Physical Attacks

Flintlock

Basic Information: Same as the Dragoons, Tinkers have very high attack power and wide range but they are very slow-moving units which means they only attack a few times during the course of a single wave.

Tinker

Basic Information: Little is known about this unit. Tinkers serve the same purpose as Time Mages but their range is more limited.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

Power Crystals Are Your Best Friends

In W2 you're introduced to Power Crystals. There 3 different types of them and you can use them to enhance the attributes of your army. Power Crystals cost 30gil each and they will get you out of tricky situation in all 8 maps W2 and W3 have to offer. Below is a complete breakdown of every Power Crystal:

Red Crystal: Red Crystals are used in order to enhance the ATK Power of every unit within their range. Enhancing them will result in an improved bonus ATK power on units and a wider Crystal range.

Yellow Crystal: Yellow Crystals are used in order to enhance the ATK speed of every unit within their range. Enhancing them will result in an improved bonus ATK speed on units and wider Crystal range.

Blue Crystal: Blue Crystals are used in order to enhance the ATK range of every unit within their range. Enhancing them will result in an improved bonus ATK range on unit is and wider Crystal range.

Espers And Why You Should Avoid Using Them

In addition to the aforementioned units, if you press :up: and :down: then you will find the Espers. Espers are legendary spirits which you can summon in order to help you in battle. If you choose to use them, they'll inflict massive damage to every enemy, thus helping you complete the wave easily. This however, comes with a downside. If you use them then you have to sacrifice some of your crystals, thus ruining your perfect run. With that in mind I strongly you avoid using them in any map in this game, if you want a perfect run and a high score.

Lamiae and Liliths

By far the deadliest enemies in the game. I can't stress enough how many times I had to restart a map because of these 2 waves. Lamiae and Liliths resist Magical attacks, are Quick-Moving enemies and have high HP. If you're not following the videos below, make sure to have a very strong physical ATK army with lots of enhanced Power Crystals. If however you decided to follow the videos below, just make sure to follow every move precisely. If you make one mistake, these are the waves that will ruin your perfect playthrough so be really careful.

After completing this step, you should have these trophies:

Novice Defender (B)

Seasoned Defender (B)

Expert Defender (B)

W1 Defender (B)

W2 Defender (B)

W3 Defender (B)

Crystal Hoarder (B)

Champion Defender (B)

Vetertan Strategist (S)

Overachiever (S)

Four-Star Strategist (S)

Step 2: Good Samaritan and Clean-Up

In this step you should focus on earning the Good Samaritan (G) trophy. You have to complete a map without losing a crystal and (most importantly) without deploying a thief. The big difference here is that you won't have enough gil to invest on your army so you need to be either gifted on this game or follow the walkthrough video under the trophy description. If you have followed every video then you should have every trophy I mentioned in Step 1 by now but if you missed any of them or made a mistake, simply go back to the maps you need and follow the instructions for each trophy requirement precisely and earn the 100% for this simple yet fun game.

After completing this game, you should have the following trophy:

Good Samaritan (G)

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

Trophy Guide:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/000.jpg Novice Defender (B)

Clear wave 10 on any single map.

In order to get this trophy, you simply have to complete the first 10 waves in any map. See Expert Defender for more information.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/001.jpg Seasoned Defender (B)

Clear wave 20 on any single map.

In order to get this trophy, you simply have to complete the first 20 waves in any map. See Expert Defender for more information.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/002.jpg Expert Defender (B)

Clear all the waves on any single map.

Each map in Crystal Defenders has 30 waves of enemies that threaten to steal your crystals. Fend off all 30 waves in any map and the trophy will be yours. If you find it difficult to even complete a single map, check the videos in W1 Defender, W2 Defender and W3 Defender as they offer "perfect" playthroughs for each map.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/003.jpg W1 Defender (B)

Clear all the maps in W1.

In order to unlock this trophy, you need to complete all 4 maps W1 has to offer. These are:

- Bisga Greenlands

- Bisga Greenlands (Adv)

- Orchise Snowfields

- Orchise Snowfields (Adv)

Below, you will find a detailed "perfect" playthrough of every map in W1, thanks to Artimes X Walkthroughs for kindly providing these videos:

--Bisga Greenlands--

[spoiler=hamachan]

--Bisga Greenlands (Adv)--

[spoiler=macchan]

--Orchise Snowfields--

[spoiler=yamachan]

--Orchise Snowfields (Adv)--

[spoiler=oni]

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/004.jpg W2 Defender (B)

Clear all the maps in W2.

In order to unlock this trophy, you need to complete all 4 maps W2 has to offer. These are:

- Kthili Sands

- Kthili Sands (Adv)

- Melby Point

- Melby Point (Adv)

Below, you will find a detailed "perfect" playthrough of every map in W2, thanks to Artimes X Walkthroughs for kindly providing these videos:

—Kthili Sands--

[spoiler=tanaka]

—Kthili Sands (Adv)--

[spoiler=kubonnu]

—Melby Point--

[spoiler=busaiku]

—Melby Point (Adv)--

[spoiler=dohentai]

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/005.jpg W3 Defender (B)

Clear all the maps in W3.

In order to unlock this trophy, you need to complete all 4 maps W3 has to offer. These are:

- Ruins of Delgantua

- Ruins of Delgantua (Adv)

- Zellea

- Zellea (Adv)

Below, you will find a detailed "perfect" playthrough of every map in W3, thanks to Artimes X Walkthroughs for kindly providing these videos:

—Ruins of Delgantua--

[spoiler=naoki]

—Ruins of Delgantua (Adv)--

[spoiler=makiyusotaro]

—Zellea—

[spoiler=samui]

--Zellea (Adv)--

[spoiler=plum]

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/006.jpg Crystal Hoarder (B)

Clear a single map without losing any crystals.

In order to unlock this trophy, you need to achieve a "PERFECT!" score in any of the 12 maps. A "PERFECT!" score is achieved by completing a map without losing a single crystal, meaning that you must not let any enemy get through the other side of the map. If you find it difficult to complete a map without losing any crystals, then check the videos in W1 Defender, W2 Defender and W3 Defender as they offer perfect playthroughs for each map.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/007.jpg Champion Defender (B)

Clear all 12 maps.

This trophy unlocks after you complete all 12 maps the game has to offer. If you're following my Roadmap, then you will get this trophy after you complete the --Zellea (Adv)-- map. If you find it difficult to complete any of the 12 maps, then check the videos in W1 Defender, W2 Defender and W3 Defender as they offer "perfect" playthroughs for each map.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/008.jpg Veteran Strategist (S)

Accumulate a total score of 50,000 points.

See Four-Star Strategist for for more information regarding this trophy.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/009.jpg Overachiever (S)

Clear a map with more than 10,000 points.

This is a simple trophy. You need to earn 10,000 or more points in a single map and the amount of points you get the end of the map depends on three things:

1) How many waves you cleared (100 points per wave)

2) How many crystals you kept by the end of the map (200 points per crystal)

3) How much gil you kept by the end of the map (1 point per gil)

You can also receive bonus points if you meet the requirements for 2 "hidden" objectives:

1) "PERFECT" Bonus: If you manage to complete a map without losing any crystals, then you will receive a bonus which is 1,000 points.

2) "Strategist" Bonus: If you manage to complete every wave without upgrading or deploying new allies after you start a wave (when the enemies have already started entering the area), you will receive another bonus which is 900 points. For each wave you deploy or upgrade a unit in that period, you will lose 30 points from the 900 points sum. (30 waves x 30points= 900 points)

If you find it difficult to reach this score, then check the videos in W1 Defender, W2 Defender and W3 Defender as they offer perfect playthroughs for each map.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/010.jpg Four-Star Strategist (S)

Accumulate a total score of 100,000 points.

Another simple trophy. You need to get a score of 100,000 points across all maps. If you're following the videos then you should be averaging 10,000-11,000 points per map so this is going to unlock naturally in the first two maps of W3.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Only the highest score from each map counts towards the accumulated score for this trophy.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/110/011.jpg Good Samaritan (G)

Clear a map without deploying a Thief or losing a single crystal.

Theoretically, this is the hardest trophy of the game. You need to complete a map without losing any crystals and without deploying a thief. This trophy is a huge pain without a video walkthrough as you can't collect as much gil as you could without a thief. Every gil must be spent strategically and precisely where it needs to be spent or you will be in trouble from the get-go. Thankfully, Artimes X Walkthroughs has kindly provided a video, showing you how to get the trophy in the Kthili Sands map in W2, which you can find below:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVUpfpTefqQ[/ame]

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

Looks pretty solid, bud! Good job! :applause:

Thanks man! :D

Nice guide PsychoDelusion. You've put a lot of work into this guide. Wish I had it years ago. :p

Thanks a lot! :) Hopefully people still play this game nowadays :p

Good guide, love this game. Played it even on PSP before getting the PS3 version for trophy hunting. It's really addicting!

Same story here! I played the demo in my PSP back when it first came out and then got the full game on PS3. Thanks for the kind words! :)

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/GuideStuck_Gold.gif

Congratulations :).

Don't forget to post in the Guide Updates thread here: Updates Needed on a Main Site Trophy Guide or Roadmap? Let us know here. if you ever make any updates to your guide and If you add any Trophy Tags or find any that are missing or incorrect, either here or on the Main Site version(s) of the Guide, then please tell us here: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/guide-central/268887-missing-incorrect-trophy-tags-reporting-thread.html :).

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/GuideStuck_Gold.gif

Congratulations :).

Don't forget to post in the Guide Updates thread here: Updates Needed on a Main Site Trophy Guide or Roadmap? Let us know here. if you ever make any updates to your guide and If you add any Trophy Tags or find any that are missing or incorrect, either here or on the Main Site version(s) of the Guide, then please tell us here: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/guide-central/268887-missing-incorrect-trophy-tags-reporting-thread.html :).

Thank you very much! :)

I should play this, actually. I think I own it... Played on PSP, but trophies... Hmmm. :think:

If you have it, it's a must! It's a great game and the trophies should not pose any threat :_

You should, I played it because back then. I had a mindset of owning all FF related trophies. I never stayed true to this though. :o

I had the same target a couple years ago, but eventually I gave up on the FF series. Hopefully FF XV will wake up the fire inside me :p

Fantastic work mate, really wish I had this guide available when I played it rather than the struggle I had.

Hopefully this inspires you to write more as it's really good stuff :)

Thanks man, that means a lot! :)

• 10 months later...

Would've been nice if the video guides were all perfect runs too, but at the very least you can follow them.

The reason this took me almost 8 years to 100% is because of the terrible videos on the game. 480p, fast forwarded to the point you can't tell wtf they're doing. It was so frustrating, I came back multiple times only to be met with the same issues.

Glad to finally delete this from my PS3. It's a decent tower defense game, but man.

Would've been nice if the video guides were all perfect runs too, but at the very least you can follow them.

The reason this took me almost 8 years to 100% is because of the terrible videos on the game. 480p, fast forwarded to the point you can't tell wtf they're doing. It was so frustrating, I came back multiple times only to be met with the same issues.

Glad to finally delete this from my PS3. It's a decent tower defense game, but man.

Did my best to find the most easy-to-follow videos, so as long as they give you the 100%, I didn't mind that they weren't perfect runs :p

Glad to hear that everything went well though :)

It's hard to do perfect runs since the game never runs the exact same every time. I followed the videos in the guide and occasionally the AI reacted differently and I had to restart a few times until they obliged.

The videos could be better though, I agree. Fast-forwarding was annoying.