Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Batman: A Telltale Game Series. This thread has been created to discuss anything Batman: A Telltale Game Series related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. A little reminder for you all, posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 1 year later...

Just to discus the story of this game, figured I'd make a thread as there would have been more and more people having played the first episode by now.

I for one very much enjoyed it for sure. I know it was not up there on par with The Walking Dead and Tales From the Borderlands, but it was still very much enjoyable.

But it's interesting in what Falcone had said in the ed, about the Waynes being crime lords as well. But I have a feeling it was only to save his own skin really. I mean Bruce's parents were only connected to Falcone, but didn't mean that they too were crime bosses either, at least that's how I see it anyway.

But man, I do hope the Joker is in this... him and possibly Harley Quinn too, but I guess we shall see.

I don't see the Joker or Harley Quinn being in this. Maybe in another season, but not this one. They already have Catwoman, Harvey Dent, the Penguin and Falcone. The story for this season just involves them. They might hint at another character towards the end of it, for next season.

I think there might be something with Bruce's family with Falcone, as there was a picture of them all hanging out together if you remember, but that could just be something similar to how they showed Bruce and Falcone at the party.

Oh and a side note, unless a staff makes the thread for the spoiler story discussions, it's not official and the same rules apply if someone were to run across a spoiler as it would be in any other thread. :p

Edited by PainOfDemise

I love the music and this is the only game from Tales where I actually read the character profiles/codex. Never really had the need to read them in Wolf Among Us. Still need more episodes to have an overall opinion about the this series, but it's shaping up good.

Just not buying that the Wayne family were the real Gangsters of Gotham. :p

As cool as it would be to see Joker and Harley in this, I don't think they'll be in here either. As PainOfDemise said, they already have Falcone, Harvey Dent, Catwoman and Penguin in here. They could maybe throw in another villain in a minor capacity, but that'd be it. Joker would be too big I think to try and shoe horn in, and I think the story is gonna revolve more around the Waynes and Falcone and all that drama to then bring in Joker. He'd be a better season 2 villain I think.

I think they're going to throw lots of stuff to make us/Bruce/Gotham think the Waynes were in with Falcone, but it'll probably be revealed they were trying to bring Falcone to justice or just trying to get something good or something in the end.

Anyone else curious about the gas thing that made the cop attack in the mercenary in that warehouse crime scene? Almost made me wonder if Scarecrow is going to be in it at all, or hinted at/briefly introduced later on?

As cool as it would be to see Joker and Harley in this, I don't think they'll be in here either. As PainOfDemise said, they already have Falcone, Harvey Dent, Catwoman and Penguin in here. They could maybe throw in another villain in a minor capacity, but that'd be it. Joker would be too big I think to try and shoe horn in, and I think the story is gonna revolve more around the Waynes and Falcone and all that drama to then bring in Joker. He'd be a better season 2 villain I think.

I think they're going to throw lots of stuff to make us/Bruce/Gotham think the Waynes were in with Falcone, but it'll probably be revealed they were trying to bring Falcone to justice or just trying to get something good or something in the end.

Anyone else curious about the gas thing that made the cop attack in the mercenary in that warehouse crime scene? Almost made me wonder if Scarecrow is going to be in it at all, or hinted at/briefly introduced later on?

I actually thought that the gas thing was the Joker Toxin at first, but then the hallucinations make it seem more of the Fear Toxin instead. So perhaps Crane might make an appearance before he is Scarecrow? Like how we have Harvey, but not Two-Face right now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Despite the frame rate issues the story is good.

I actually feel they should leave Joker and Quin out of this idk I don't want this game to become about them, I prefer it being more focused on Mafia and Bruce's family but that is my personal opinion... all I heard was how they died and it's interesting to get some more background on his family.

Got to say the butler was funny as always.

• 1 month later...
To those who saved Dent in episode 2, does he still become two face in episode 3?

He does indeed - the encounter at Selina's plays out identically, regardless of whether or not you saved him.

It's pretty cheap from a storytelling standard - after demonstrating how much of a difference your actions can make in the previous episode, they've completely undone it with this one - but for this particular character, it has a poetic element to it. Harvey's second persona is rooted deep within his mind, going a lot further than just facial scarring.

• 2 weeks later...
I just nailed Cat Woman, is there anyone that didnt??

enjoyed episode 3 a lot, any ideas for what the season finale will be?

I didn't. I held out!

I'm really enjoying this so far. This actually might be my favorite one out of all the TellTale games I've played so far. I think it's been excellent. I can't wait to see what the next two episodes bring.

Okay, so what happens if you go to Bruce's mansion at the end? :francis:

I went to Wayne Enterprises and Harvey burned Bruce's house down. Uhm, okay. Not sure what he thought that would accomplish for him, burning the house down doesn't get him the money he told everyone on the news he was going to get by seizing it. Plus there's still the Batcave and I still have all my toys after stopping Cobblepot, so whatever, good one Harvey :shrugs:

I went to Wayne Enterprises and Harvey burned Bruce's house down. Uhm, okay. Not sure what he thought that would accomplish for him, burning the house down doesn't get him the money he told everyone on the news he was going to get by seizing it. Plus there's still the Batcave and I still have all my toys after stopping Cobblepot, so whatever, good one Harvey :shrugs:

That's exactly what I did as well. So I'd like to know what the difference would be if I went to the house instead of Wayne Enterprises.

That's exactly what I did as well. So I'd like to know what the difference would be if I went to the house instead of Wayne Enterprises.

Harvey and his soldiers force their way into the mansion, Alfred confronts them, Batman enters the scene and begins to take out the soldiers, Harvey pulls out a sub-machine gun armed with explosive rounds, a back-and-forth combat sequence culminates in Batman throwing a batarang at Harvey's gun, causing it to misfire and ignite. It was at this point that I thought Harvey would finally get his face burnt, but only the side of his body does (I guess that can only happen in epsiode 2?). Gordon arrives at the scene, and you are then given the option of sending Dent to prison or to Arkham Asylum. The final scene takes place in the Batcave, where it shows Batman being forced to take the Bat-Tech offline.

It was a lot more exciting than I probably made it out to be :p

Edited by Byrney

Harvey and his soldiers force their way into the mansion, Alfred confronts them, Batman enters the scene and begins to take out the soldiers, Harvey pulls out a sub-machine gun armed with explosive rounds, a back-and-forth combat sequence culminates in Batman throwing a batarang at Harvey's gun, causing it to misfire and ignite. It was at this point that I thought Harvey would finally get his face burnt, but only the side of his body does (I guess that can only happen in epsiode 2?). Gordon arrives at the scene, and you are then given the option of sending Dent to prison or to Arkham Asylum. The final scene takes place in the Batcave, where it shows Batman being forced to take the Bat-Tech offline.

It was a lot more exciting than I probably made it out to be :p

Oh.

So I guess maybe Alfred could die if you you go Wayne Enterprises. But probably not because they already set up season 2 in this episode (glad they did it here rather than having a massively unfulfilling ending like Game of Thrones), and they aren't likely going to write two entirely different versions of Season 2.

Of course, on the flip side, I'm sure Batman and Alfred will pull a second Batcave with a second Batcomputer and Bat-gadgets out of their ass for people who went to the house so they can finish episode 5. :shrugs:

But it's interesting in what Falcone had said in the ed, about the Waynes being crime lords as well. But I have a feeling it was only to save his own skin really. I mean Bruce's parents were only connected to Falcone, but didn't mean that they too were crime bosses either, at least that's how I see it anyway.

This was probably the one change I really liked if only because they stuck by their decision and didn't back out of it.

I wasn't expecting the Joker to show up in any fashion but he was definitely a welcome addition. I'm curious as to if owing him a potential favor was a slight nod to the episode "Joker's Favor" from the Batman animated series. :think:

• 3 weeks later...