Prestige Mode - Most difficult gold medals?

paulcoe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the hardest races were On The Dream Team, A Legend's Wheels and Torque of the Town. The traffic is outrageous in Dream Team and Torque. A Legend's Wheels is just really hard to do correctly because it has some very frustrating turns to master.

For drift events it is a little harder to pick 3. Wide and Tight, Mental Block and Lock It Down were probably the hardest for me, but I spent a lot of time on several of the drift contest events. Drift contests are infuriating due to the AI and tight score requirements. None of them should be underestimated.

Edited by Elegy

There are few hard races and hard drifts..

Some races u can pass with 1/2 wrecks. These races are:

MANIAC OR MASTER (1 wreck)

HORSES FOR COURSES (1wreck)

RED MAKES IT FASTER (1wreck)

DREAM TEAM (1/2wrecks)

TURBO DUCKING (1wreck)

HUNGRY AS A MANTICORE (1/2wrecks)

A LEGENDS WHEEL (1wreck)

So these races are easssssy.

Hardest races are:

BUSINESS OR PLEASURE

TORQUE OF THE TOWN

NOTHING TO SEE HERE

ASSUME THE POSITION

HARDEST DRIFTS:

Clamping Down

Remastered (sometimes cops wants to wreck u)

Lock It Down

EASIEST DRIFTS:

Push Upstairs

We Go On Three

Maximum Attack

I'm stuck on Clamping Down at the moment, spent ages and wasn't even getting a silver, but after quite a few hours practice I'm about 50k of Gold. It's very frustrating though.

Wide & Tight was difficult, but if you look at Elegy's and other videos, and experiment yourself you can earn quite a few points drifting off the main path before it tells you you're going the wrong way. I was able to earn around 40-50k points on that one even before getting to the main windy road, and I then took it slowly just doing small handbrake drifts to get 1 or 2k on the straighter parts of the road.

I remember that I set world record in HUNGRY AS MANTICORE (2:03,09) with extra time of course..

I can pass HUNGRY AS MANTICORE and DREAM TEAM in first/second attempt. But sometimes CLAMPING DOWN,MLOCK IT DOWN drifts are hard and much annoying because our Ai opponents are seriously angry at us.

I remember that I set world record in HUNGRY AS MANTICORE (2:03,09) with extra time of course..

I can pass HUNGRY AS MANTICORE and DREAM TEAM in first/second attempt. But sometimes CLAMPING DOWN,MLOCK IT DOWN drifts are hard and much annoying because our Ai opponents are seriously angry at us.

I just don't understand where your speed comes from. It feels like I'm not wasting much time but obviously I am. Ive spent hours on hungry as a manticore and still no gold. Most of the attempts end up with a smash into an AI car, dont know how you can consistently get the end of races let alone get gold as well. On dream team most attempts end up with a crash into a car within the first minute. Its not unusual on the narrow highway section about 40 seconds into the race with the 90 degree left hand corner to see 3-7 cars spawn - no idea how you avoid these regularly.

It reminds me of when I was trying for platinum in ferrarri challenge and all the videos showed how easy it could be done and nothing i tried allowed me to get close to the times. I emailed developer and they were unable to explain it. It turned out that the particular versions of the game (including the digital copy) were much harder with faster AI. When I bought the correct disk version it turned out to be as easy as the videos showed!

I'm stuck on Clamping Down at the moment, spent ages and wasn't even getting a silver, but after quite a few hours practice I'm about 50k of Gold. It's very frustrating though.

Wide & Tight was difficult, but if you look at Elegy's and other videos, and experiment yourself you can earn quite a few points drifting off the main path before it tells you you're going the wrong way. I was able to earn around 40-50k points on that one even before getting to the main windy road, and I then took it slowly just doing small handbrake drifts to get 1 or 2k on the straighter parts of the road.

Youre going well wttyujmnbggtreed.... keep it up!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've only done the races so far, but I'd say

Turbo Ducking

Hungry as a Manticore

Torque of the town

the races for travis robyn and amy weren't too bad imho

I still have to do the final event though :D

after that, there's nothing left but going sideways :dance:

------

Wide And Tight most definitely the single most tough drift challenge.

If you can beat this, you can drift. And you got the skills to win all other events

Mental Block is a tough one, because of it's sheer length. but I found it a fun one to drive.

All touge and drifttrain events are more gentle on your patience

drift attack are the worst.

Gymkhana is not too bad.

finally done with everything, I couldn't be happier

Edited by Elathril

I've only done the races so far, but I'd say

Turbo Ducking

Hungry as a Manticore

Torque of the town

the races for travis robyn and amy weren't too bad imho

I still have to do the final event though :D

after that, there's nothing left but going sideways :dance:

If I struggle the same as you id be happy. Ive completed Turbo Ducking and after many hours Hungry as a Manticore. Working on Torque of the Town now....

Looking forward to one or two events that dont take days to complete - if they exist!

Edited by paulcoe

If I struggle the same as you id be happy. Ive completed Turbo Ducking and after many hours Hungry as a Manticore. Working on Torque of the Town now....

Looking forward to one or two events that dont take days to complete - if they exist!

They exist, trust me they do. Plus your skill is climbing to new heights. By the time you're halfway through all the races, you will drive more consistently and will be able to see the corners you can improve on.

travis has 1 or 2 tricky ones, the others are "OK" not gonna go as far as to say Easy.

same for Robyn 1 tricky that's it I believe.

If you're stuck or want to see how I did some corners check out my channel. Every challenge I got gold is online. Most of them I did with the Hotrod, some with the rsr porsche.

the handling on the porsche is unchanged except for nitrous is 3 points towards power. good luck

• 2 weeks later...

When you begin, Torque of town just feels like banging your head against the wall. In the start with seemingly quite good runs its not too rare to be over 4 secs off the gold. Only after always trying to minimize the slides (slower is better for all the hairpins) and basically getting perfect line over the hill without slowing down at all (around 0:55-1:17 if you get the gold) ive been able to score 1:44's and 1:45's. Should be able to get this done tomorrow, if not tomorrow eventually anyways. Best run now .42 seconds off the gold.

When you begin, Torque of town just feels like banging your head against the wall. In the start with seemingly quite good runs its not too rare to be over 4 secs off the gold. Only after always trying to minimize the slides (slower is better for all the hairpins) and basically getting perfect line over the hill without slowing down at all (around 0:55-1:17 if you get the gold) ive been able to score 1:44's and 1:45's. Should be able to get this done tomorrow, if not tomorrow eventually anyways. Best run now .42 seconds off the gold.

One thing I noticed that really help knock a good second or more off my time was where is started the race from.

If you edge forward so you are as far forward as you can be when you start the race, when you gain control you are pretty much around the first bend. This enabled me to use nitro immediately.

One thing I noticed that really help knock a good second or more off my time was where is started the race from.

If you edge forward so you are as far forward as you can be when you start the race, when you gain control you are pretty much around the first bend. This enabled me to use nitro immediately.

Wish i had realized this before and i propably would've been done with this piece of shit event yesterday already instead of running it for 2 hours more today landing low 1:44's including 1:44:02....

Oh well, one more gold down, ONLY 32 more to go....