Missable Trophies

The Collector trophies are missable.

Once you enter Dime Tower, you cannot return to the World Map. You need to have collected all other items and equipment before entering. The last ones are in the final dungeon.

There is a trick to obtaining certain equipment from monsters in the last dungeon. For example, Ninjas, Floating Demon Heads, and Elephants, all have a chance of dropping chests. If your item inventory is full when you try to open the chest, it will give you the usual "You cannot carry any more!" text - but if you keep trying to open it, you will get the best equipment in the game (Samurai Armor, Samurai Helm). So have your item slots full, but a few free armor slots.

The shield is from the chests dropped by Elephants near the last boss. Those chests also contain Unicorn Horn, an item which isn't obtained anywhere else. Make sure you have a free item slot to collect that. Also make sure you have a couple of keyrings before entering.

Keep a spare save before going into Dime Tower if you are unsure. A few items drop from chests dropped by Crabs, Frogs, and those Armored cow things near Ish.

The guide I used occasionally while playing is this one:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/563272-final-fantasy-adventure/faqs/9218

Its a guide for the original GameBoy game, so the names of some items and enemies are different, but the step-by-step walkthrough is the same.

Only item I missed on my playthrough was the 'Adaman Brew' item from the armored cow things (that GameFAQs guide calls them Sea Shells). I reloaded my spare save to get it and will have to clear through Dime Tower and the Final Dungeon again.

The four trophies for maxing stats are missable.

Warrior of Warriors (STR99)

Mage of Mages (INT99)

Monk of Monks (VIT99)

Sage of Sages (MND99)

You need to only pick Warrior and Mage to get all skills to 99 in one playthrough. You need to keep count on how many times you pick each. From 98 level ups you must split these even between them (49 each).

The stats they increase are:

Warrior:

+1 VIT, +2 STR, +0 INT, +1 MND

Mage:

Mage gives:

+1 VIT, +0 STR, +2 INT, +1 MND

Both give +1MND and +1VIT and gives 99 total, and the warrior will give 99STR and the mage will give 99INT.

If you pick either Monk or Sage even once, you will need to play through one more time to get all stats to 99.

I just realized this halfway through when checking the list so I'm starting over (it's a pretty short game anyway).

The four trophies for maxing stats are missable.

Warrior of Warriors (STR99)

Mage of Mages (INT99)

Monk of Monks (VIT99)

Sage of Sages (MND99)

You need to only pick Warrior and Mage to get all skills to 99 in one playthrough. You need to keep count on how many times you pick each. From 98 level ups you must split these even between them (49 each).

The stats they increase are:

Warrior:

+1 VIT, +2 STR, +0 INT, +1 MND

Mage:

Mage gives:

+1 VIT, +0 STR, +2 INT, +1 MND

Both give +1MND and +1VIT and gives 99 total, and the warrior will give 99STR and the mage will give 99INT.

If you pick either Monk or Sage even once, you will need to play through one more time to get all stats to 99.

I just realized this halfway through when checking the list so I'm starting over (it's a pretty short game anyway).

Note that if you screw up you don't need to restart the whole game.

As you don't need to have all stats maxed out simultaneously, you can make a save then procced to max out as many stats as you can and finally load your save allocating all your points on that final stat.

Just be carefull to save your game with enough levels left (i.e. if you will be missing 11 points of strength then you need a save with your character at level 93 at most).

I have to ask, but does the Myconid's have any items? I ask because the Final Fantasy wiki says they carry an item called 'Will' in the original GB version, and if they still carry the equivalent in this game, it might be the last item I need, but they wont drop it at all.

EDIT: so the item I was looking for is called Athena's Kiss and it was dropped by the Mud Men.

Those chests also contain Unicorn Horn, an item which isn't obtained anywhere else..

Actually, you can get them from the mirror enemies in the Buried Ruins.

Edited by JonahTHD

I have to ask, but does the Myconid's have any items? I ask because the Final Fantasy wiki says they carry an item called 'Will' in the original GB version, and if they still carry the equivalent in this game, it might be the last item I need, but they wont drop it at all.

EDIT: so the item I was looking for is called Athena's Kiss and it was dropped by the Mud Men

Actually, you can get them from the mirror enemies in the Buried Ruins.

Where can I find these mud man, please?

There are some Trophies wich you never will get:

1. Gold Digger: You have to get 100000 Gold. But you can only get 65535. Then you can not take more money, so you miss this trophy. At The Game Boy Version it is the same problem.

2. Item Collector: You only have not enopgh place for all the Item.

Stupid trophies

I think I'll wait for a good ol' trophy guide or a "perfect save" guide to pop up before I get this game and try to platinum it!

1. Gold Digger: You have to get 100000 Gold. But you can only get 65535. Then you can not take more money, so you miss this trophy. At The Game Boy Version it is the same problem.

Stupid trophies

Huh? Several people have them already. They are just grindy.

Stupid trophies

You don't have to own all items at once or have 100k at the same time. You only need to have owned one each of all items and can then sel or use them.

And accumulate a total of 100k gold.

Note that if you screw up you don't need to restart the whole game.

As you don't need to have all stats maxed out simultaneously, you can make a save then procced to max out as many stats as you can and finally load your save allocating all your points on that final stat.

Just be carefull to save your game with enough levels left (i.e. if you will be missing 11 points of strength then you need a save with your character at level 93 at most).

Didn't think of that, thanks. Saves me a couple hours :)

all i got left to do is get to 99. does it matter what enemy you fight? or is there a good grind area?

The Elephants near the end yeild the most XP I think.

I used two spots for grinding.

The above mentioned place with the elephants. Just go between the two sections and kill one ot two every time, leaving at least one so they respawn. Don't run around looking for them if theyvspawn some way off, just go back to the next area to get as much xp/hour possible.

The other area I used was one where you have four werewolves. They are always respawning, even if you kill all on the screen. The area I farmed at was quick since I just entered the screen from the top, attacked once with the flail and stepped up and then re-entered the area with wolves and repeated. This method gives a little less xp/hour but I could do it without looking at the screen much so could watch a movie at the same time :)

The elephant grind give about 175000 xp/hour

and the werewolf about 145000 xp/hour.

The Elephants near the end yeild the most XP I think.

I used two spots for grinding.

The above mentioned place with the elephants. Just go between the two sections and kill one ot two every time, leaving at least one so they respawn. Don't run around looking for them if theyvspawn some way off, just go back to the next area to get as much xp/hour possible.

The other area I used was one where you have four werewolves. They are always respawning, even if you kill all on the screen. The area I farmed at was quick since I just entered the screen from the top, attacked once with the flail and stepped up and then re-entered the area with wolves and repeated. This method gives a little less xp/hour but I could do it without looking at the screen much so could watch a movie at the same time :)

The elephant grind give about 175000 xp/hour

and the werewolf about 145000 xp/hour.

The Elephant grind trick is the one I have been doing. I am now in the 80's, hoping to be done today.

Edit: All done. That was easy, though the grind was boring.

I can confirm that you DO NOT need level 99 stats all at one time, though it is kind of obvious. I was close, but had to re-do the last 3 levels of the grind for Warrior after Mage using a backup save.

Now, I started a walkthrough, and the only missing piece of information I need is the item list.

If anyone wants to contribute this, I will be happy to credit thee.

Also, the Dragon armor is found in Dime Tower, and the Mythril Helm is purchased on the Airship?

The item list I currently have is:

Candy (First treasure)

Hi-Potion (Shop/Mic)

Hi-Ether (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Elixer – (Red Samurai enemy drop/Temple of Mana)

Keyring (Shop/Misc)

Silver Key (Story related)

Skeleton Key (Story related)

Fireball (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Thunder Arrow (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Firestock (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Ice Rocket (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Thunderbolt (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Antidote (Shop / Misc)

Eye Drops (Shop / Misc)

Gold Needle (Shop / Misc)

Mole Whiskers (Shop / Misc)

Baby Monkey (Shop / Misc)

Unicorn Horn (Elephents drop/Temple of Mana)

I know I am missing the sellable loot drops, just cause I can't remember their names.

The bag of rubys, gold, and a crystal or something.

Edited by shrapx

The Elephant grind trick is the one I have been doing. I am now in the 80's, hoping to be done today.

Edit: All done. That was easy, though the grind was boring.

I can confirm that you DO NOT need level 99 stats all at one time, though it is kind of obvious. I was close, but had to re-do the last 3 levels of the grind for Warrior after Mage using a backup save.

Now, I started a walkthrough, and the only missing piece of information I need is the item list.

If anyone wants to contribute this, I will be happy to credit thee.

Also, the Dragon armor is found in Dime Tower, and the Mythril Helm is purchased on the Airship?

The item list I currently have is:

Candy (First treasure)

Hi-Potion (Shop/Mic)

Hi-Ether (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Elixer – (Red Samurai enemy drop/Temple of Mana)

Keyring (Shop/Misc)

Silver Key (Story related)

Skeleton Key (Story related)

Fireball (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Thunder Arrow (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Firestock (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Ice Rocket (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Thunderbolt (Shop/Ish Sundries)

Antidote (Shop / Misc)

Eye Drops (Shop / Misc)

Gold Needle (Shop / Misc)

Mole Whiskers (Shop / Misc)

Baby Monkey (Shop / Misc)

Unicorn Horn (Elephents drop/Temple of Mana)

I know I am missing the sellable loot drops, just cause I can't remember their names.

The bag of rubys, gold, and a crystal or something.

Lamb Pillow (Bought from vendor, don't remember wich one)

Gold Dust (Drop from Orcs)

Diamond Dice (Drop from Griffon Hand)

Ruby Baubles (Drop from?)

Crystal (Drop from Owls)

Bacchus Wine (Drop from Crabs)

Athenas Kiss (Drop from Mudman)

Adaman Brew (Drop from Desert Armadillo)

EA's kiss (Drop from Ghosts)

Saurus Fangs (Drop from Desert Lizards)

Just finished grinding after the last item (Ea's kiss it turned out to be) so have them pretty fresh in memory.

Pro-tip:

I missed "Helm Collector" in what was otherwise a single-run platinum trophy. The one I missed? Mithril Helm. It is *not* sold by Watts, but rather sold in a general store near the airship. It's not "missable" but it does require backtracking through the Gaia Cave if you miss it first time around.

Nonsense, I say. Glad I kept a save outside Dime Tower. :)

I'm in the same situation. I orginally got the Mythril Helm, but I restarted just after completing the Airship because I chose the Monk upgrade a few times.

In my second playthrough, I realized I forgot to grab the Mythril Helm just after the airship again. I couldn't find a way back though.

Now I just defeated the Chimera. The world map doesn't even show the old places. Can I still get the Helm at this point?

I'm in the same situation. I orginally got the Mythril Helm, but I restarted just after completing the Airship because I chose the Monk upgrade a few times.

In my second playthrough, I realized I forgot to grab the Mythril Helm just after the airship again. I couldn't find a way back though.

Now I just defeated the Chimera. The world map doesn't even show the old places. Can I still get the Helm at this point?

Well, If I were you, I would take the brief time and continue.

Spoiler free, but once your done with the area your at you can return to the world map. Try to return to the Airship using pgann's method and report back.

I'd like to know. I will throw it in my guide :)

Thanks! I didn't need to go back to the airship specifically, but I was able to go back to Jadd for the Were Axe and the shop I missed for the Mythril Helm. Was sort of a pain to figure out where exactly I needed to go, but I got there eventually.

Wait, so the Mythril Helm was purchased where? In Jadd?

I apologize. I wrote my guide after the fact, so the finer details I don't really remember.

• 5 weeks later...