THL 8 ~ Post-Mortem Feedback Thread

Noid

http://i.imgur.com/cQ8WEWJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/Dt8f9ny.png

Or maybe i just don't like the way it looks.

How quickly time flies when you're having fun, amirite? The month is over and THL is done and dusted. The winners have been announced and you all probably hate each other by now, ready to go to war in some Game of Thrones-esque shenanigans. No I will not come to your wedding.

The long and short of it is that we want your feedback. What worked? What didn't? Did you like the prizes? Hate 'em? I'm not a sensitive guy, lay it on me. (Yes I am, please don't hate me)

Before you rush to the proverbial comments section (lol youtube lingo) and blast away, I'd like to take a moment to share my own thoughts, so sit back and listen while I grand-stand here on my podium.

If you don't give a damn about my stupid commentary (ouch, man...), skip on past it (italics below) for a list of suggested questions to answer here in the thread. You can freestyle it if you like, but the questions are there to give you a starting point, and were picked by the staff as questions we'd like to see answered specifically.

I had a ton of fun, overall. There are ALWAYS ups and downs in every event (EVERY. EVENT.), and this was never going to be any different. It was a long journey to get to this point and I can almost not even believe we've made it to the START, let alone the end.

From a participant standpoint, as a past participant and certainly as a prior MVP contender (tried and failed), I personally loved the changes we landed on. Two months is a long time to dedicate to winning something, and when you have a significant other, family, friends, and a full-time job (I only actually have two of those things, don't judge me), it can be really difficult to be competitive. I wasn't in this to be competitive, especially knowing how super sketchy that'd look if the guy hosting the thing won it, but I ended up going kinda ham for the first week or two anyway, because I find it FUN.

At the end of the day that's really what this is all about. We're a trophy community. You can have your little 32x32 awards, and your prestige, but at the end of the day the epeen is determined by thine trophies alone. THL is a celebration of that. No matter where you go, the trophies will follow you.

From a staff standpoint, and having been staff for this THL, but none past... it's pretty exhausting to be honest. I did a bunch of research months ago, back when the snow was still falling, working out the best way to automate as much as possible. I got it down to a pretty automatic process, too. I hit a button, it does it's thing, then it spits out some BBCode that I can copy paste to the site, all ready to go. This part worked out great.

Back to what I said earlier - ups and downs. The life of a staffer is pretty similar to the life of an active user, really. I mostly make graphics, think up ideas for events, and in general try to drum up excitement. An event like THL is kinda like a baby. The ED team made a baby (lol gross), and when we see people raining praise upon it, we shine. Sometimes though you hear that one asshole teen on the street whisper to his girlfriend "man, what an ugly baby". Granted, some babies are pretty ugly... but I dunno... I think ours looks pretty good... A few wrinkles maybe, sure, but overall it's all there. The key here I think is to take the ugly baby comments in stride, and try to think for the future - what can I do better? If there are to be more of these, expect them to be better and better. Don't go in expecting a shit show, or that's what you'll leave with, cuz that's what you'll bring.

I'm happy with the outcome, and I'm happy we've made it. I'm happy I earned a bunch of trophies, and went up a whopping 1% completion ratio on my profile (wooo...).

Now I just need to know how YOU all feel... *braces for impact*

Suggested Questions to Answer

How do you feel about the change to one month instead of two?

The playoffs from previous seasons have been removed; thoughts on that?

What are your thoughts on the site awards for this THL?

Did you like the theme? Did it add to your enjoyment overall? Or do you just like hurting people?

Much better because keeps up momentum and sounds like people are getting burnt out only right at the end, which is what we want!

Personally I think this is fairer, as it stopped people sandbagging/hording games for those playoffs and I don't think it hurt the competitiveness of the competition to remove it.

Site awards.. what can I say? Definitely fantastic artwork all round :hug:.

Firstly removal of the MVP of the entire competition was a great move, and I think worked well in stopping some of the previous issues :).

I also really like the dynamics created by the MVP of the team, as its really made people strive within the team even if they know they could never reach the heights of the more hard-core people.

One change I think is that maybe next time the 3rd award should be less about competing against others (as the MVP awards already do that), but should be instead something that can be achieved personally regardless of anyone else's performance. Or alternatively include a more team based award instead of working against one another, because this THL there wasn't as much of an incentive for teamwork for the average player (who wasn't trying to win the whole thing).

See Olsen's Idea about the next THL's 3rd award:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5684779-post2706.html

Noid's response:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5684834-post2709.html

Did you like the theme? Did it add to your enjoyment overall? Or do you just like hurting people?

I think that the theme was cool, but it was a shame that it didn't have more of a focus throughout the competition (other then the award and very nice graphics). So maybe next time having ad hoc events throughout that match the theme would be good?

Thoughts about descriptions of the rules:

I very much liked the idea of trying to get people to sync often and to sign up for the 3rd award as and when they earn't it (as this is better for us).

However I think that maybe next time we should be a bit clearer before the event as to what will punish or not punish as it seems there was some confusion about that as and when it arose, especially with the late sign ups where we stated about "risk" of punishment but nothing for definite. I know this is in place to cover our decision later on, but it has made members question what is against the rules or not. So maybe that is something to think about when creating the rules for the next one :).

Overall I think that it has worked better then ever this year and has ran very smoothly (in comparison to other ones I have experienced being on staff!). So I would like to say a very big thank you to Slamma and Noid for the amazing leaderboard updates and Noid specifically for creating the system which makes it so much less laborious to run, and has been an amazing help in streamlining the whole thing :applause:.

Edited by BinkUncia

I like the change. It felt more like a trophy rush, instead of a trophy marathon where you had to pace yourself, otherwise you will get burned out.

The removal of playoffs is an interesting change, but at the same time, there wasn't much suspense at the end of the season. Part of the fun was "watching" the playoffs as they unfolded. At least the site awards gave incentive for other teams to compete even if they weren't in contention to win the whole thing.

The team MVP was an interesting choice, because it gave everyone an incentive for every team to earn trophies. At the same time, it felt like less of a team, and more of an "I" thing when you're competing and trying to win against your own teammates. I felt like the third award should have been less competitive based, since we already had the MVP award, so it felt a little redundant, though it did give a bit of an incentive for those who weren't in contention for the MVP award. Still, with the combination of the team MVP award, and the 3rd award, it felt more like an "I" competition instead of a team competition.

The theme is fine, but it only showed up for the award and graphics. I wish there was more theme related events, even if it were EDs posting quotes, during THL. Related to the theme, I missed the opportunity to make my #305 (P) Hotline Miami :p (305 is Miami's area code, BTW).

It was perfect. You need to do it again from now on because it's no longer a drag. One month makes it far more manageable and it keeps you from getting yourself tired out.

That's good, in my opinion, because that relieves us of the unnecessary stress. No more worrying about playoffs means you can just focus on the real issue, competing with others to get as many trophies as possible.

I honestly was hoping for some cool black and pink award designs. But it's all cool. I'm glad I was able to get both the MVP and the 3rd award (which at one point I nearly abandoned my run for).

I liked it. I never meant to hurt my teammates feelings when I pushed trophies out the butt and they struggled to keep up. I really wanted to win my first THL. Nothing more.

I enjoyed the theme but think it could have been more 'interactive' instead of just being graphics/awards; I think we missed a perfect opportunity to pit teammates against eachother in deathmatch type events related to Hotline Miami

A personal gripe, but could have drastically changed the leaderboards - Since I don't have instant access to a ps3 it kind of bugged me seeing people sign up with episodic games. For example, someone could get 5 completion credits for ps3 Back to the Future but I could only get 1 for the ps4 digital version since it's all combined. Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and King's Quest to name a few I think should be fully completed for 1 credit.

I loved everything else - 1 month long, no playoffs, very fast updates and some great quotes and friendly atmosphere from the staff. Pat yourselves on the back, this was a fantastic THL; I never wanted another one but I'm glad I was a part of THL 8 :D

Edited by Dipsy

As someone who has only now competed in two of these contests, I can say i think this one was run super well. I had never done one with playoffs so i really can't comment but I'll tell you I'm glad there weren't any. at 8 tonight I was more releaved the month was over. A month is also definitely enough

As for the team mvp, the award is fine. As someone pointed out, lowest on our team would still win on all but 2 other teams but that's just how it goes. I think it's a lot more fair and fun for people than just an overall mvp. That way teams all still have something to play for even if they are way behind

As for the theme, I thought it was awesome. Hotline is just cool all around, characters, music, etc. As a monster payday fan (first thing I played when this was over), the theme was also appreciated as the games have ties to each other

We are in preliminary talks of maybe having the team award relate to the theme.

All around I think the contest was awesome. ran super well, leaderboards updated fast, and slammas comments on the 3rd award sign ups were often pretty funny.

Also one rule change if I had to suggest one would be no autopopping. It benefited nearly every team in one way or another. Could even do it where autopops count towards the mvt award but not individual. not the biggest suggestion but a team could have theoretically popped 3000+ trophies on SS and taken 3rd place with minimal effort throughout.

Edited by MikeKeese

This was by FAR the funnest THL (personal opinion) - The atmosphere of it all was just great and the event was an overall good time! This was the first one I've had the pleasure of being on staff for and that really changed my perspective on the event in whole, but in a good way. There were a few hiccups, sure, that's expected, but it didn't take away from the fun.

The chemistry between Noid and Slamma (:bearhug:) I think motivated a lot of people to not only participate, but to remain active throughout the entire event - when the leaders are happy and having a good time, it really changes the mood of things into a positive experience for everyone and I really think that showed. People were literally completing games and holding out on submitting them until Slamma was online so they could get a witty response - hell, people were completing MORE games to get those! The constant leaderboard updates helped keep the competitive feel alive - being able to see where you stand on an almost daily basis does wonders to motivation and spirit. It set a standard for future THLs.

It was awesome - do I dare say perfect? Going more than one month really takes a toll not only on the participants, but on the people who deal with them irl - be it SOs, children, parents - a lot of us go into these things and really put everything we can into it. You can only drop everything for so long before it becomes a burden.

I think it also helped with the overall competition. Instead of spreading the games out over two months, we had to jam a normal two month season into one (month) - it challenged participants to really push their limits and do their best (which, after reading the other threads, a lot of people exceeded their own expectations of themselves, and that alone makes this THL a success). From what it sounds like, most participants are walking away feeling proud of the job they've done, some with awards, some without. That's saying a lot!

I was never really a fan of the playoffs - I get why they were there and all, but it was much preferred to see every team be able to compete to the end - full on Battle Royale for the entire time.

One word: sexy.

More words:

The team MVP award was a great idea - two people on my team were vying for it and seeing the inner team competition take place was quite motivating. Once it became clear who was going to get it, it bumped up the overall team morale and support (for him). I definitely like that idea better than an overall MVP - this is a team event afterall :p

LOVE the theme! It added some pizzazz to the overall look and feel of the competition. I also like hurting people... sometimes... especially if there's a fireaxe and a crapping gangster involved.

A HUGE thank you to Noid and Slamma for taking a lot of time out of their busy schedules to keep everything updated and running smoothly - you guys were on top of it just about 24/7 (you gotta sleep at some point!) and when something came up, you were fair and quick to deal with it - I don't know if anyone who could've done better - especially you Noid - you really put your heart into this and it showed. Many, many kudos to you!

Thanks to all the participants for taking part in this - as stated earlier, this THL was fun as hell to be apart of! The numbers overall are amazing! Pat yourselves on the back - you deserve it!

Edited by Velvet

A personal gripe, but could have drastically changed the leaderboards - Since I don't have instant access to a ps3 it kind of bugged me seeing people sign up with episodic games. For example, someone could get 5 completion credits for ps3 Back to the Future but I could only get 1 for the ps4 digital version since it's all combined. Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and King's Quest to name a few I think should be fully completed for 1 credit.

Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and King's Quest did have to be fully complete for one credit, didn't they? Those games have never had separate lists. Even if you're talking about DLC, only King's Quest counts later chapters as DLC.

The suck-ass games were Back to the Future, Sam & Max 1 & 2, and Jurassic Park. These were the ones where people were getting four or five credits for one game.

However... why not? I personally was guilty of playing at least a dozen games that took less than two hours. Why should I get one credit for, say, Sonic the Fighters, MLB Home Run Derby 13, or Aabs Animals, and somebody else not get the same credit for Back to the Future Chapter 4? And while I find the Back to the Future anomaly a tough call... nothing was actually physically stopping anybody from getting ahold of a PS3 and playing the same Chapters for five credits.

As for complaining about the differences between PS3 and PS4 - that door swings both ways. There were dozens and dozens of quick 100% games that I couldn't earn because I don't yet have a PS4. As well, I truly believe PS4 has the advantage over the PS3 in old games ported forward with easy trophies, as the PS4 has been using old ports as a poor substitute for their lack of substantive new games (relative to the PS3).

Most of the complaints about THL and the 3rd Award will probably boil down to "it isn't fair that I had to XXX while YYY got to ZZZ", or "I don't have the time/money/access that others have". The fact is, it was totally fair. We all had the same 30 days, and all had (potential) access to the same hardware and software. If I prioritize my time and money differently that somebody else, that's just a decision with which I have to live.

My only complaint (and it's a petty one) is that I've pretty much already burned most of the easy plats and 100%-games that exist for the PS3 (short of Hannah Montana of course... not crossing that bridge for some site award). I've closed most of my own doors with previous THLs and such. As such... how to I get motivated to participate in THL when failure is pretty much a forgone conclusion? Guess I'll finally have to break down and get myself a Vita and PS4 for THL 9. Whole new ball game.

Thanks to all the participants for taking part in this - as stated earlier, this THL was fun as hell to be apart of! The numbers overall are amazing! Pat yourselves on the back - you deserve it!

EDIT: Great respect to Velvet for being such a positive influence and amazing sport, despite being edged out of the 3rd Award at the 11th hour. If we had an award for most sportsman-like attitude, I'd vote Velvet. Silver medal to kfree.

Edited by Velvet
No actual edit just giving Minder a :bearhug:

I think the one month thing is a good thing. Long enough to be impactful yet short enough to not get burned out.

I think you will be stuck on the playoff thing, on the one hand yes, you'll get sandbagging. On the other hand, you run into a situation where only 2 teams are competing for overall best. Not sure what or if there is a proper solution.

Lastly as for the awards, I agree with the sentiment I see where perhaps one award is of competitive nature (Team MVP) and one is either team related or everyone has a chance to earn it regardless (Bingo). These 2 did make it a little more individualistic and hurt those who were just trying to have fun or rack up just a good count and basically shut them out of a chance at an award.

THL was fun as hell! A month was long enough but sadly it felt like it flew by. The staff did an amazing job of hosting the event, especially Noid, Slamma and Kendall with the leaderboard updates and statt tracking. You guys are the real MVT!

I really like the implementation of the Team MVP award. It really gave me the feeling of "I can do it!". The 3rd Award requirement was definitely great but I do feel bad for people who tried really hard to get it but life called and preventEd them from doing so.

I have a 3rd Award suggestion for the next THL: Trophy Streak (working title) - Awarded for earning X or more trophies every day for the entire duration of THL9.

Based on the results of this THL, not everybody would earn it but it would definitely be doable for a majority of people and still present a challenge to earn as well.

Edited by JayPBM

As a first time THL participant, I think it was a huge success. I'm not privy to the back stage stuff, but on the surface there appeared to be little to no drama. I had a lot of fun and hope there is another.

One month seemed to be just right. Two months would've put a huge strain on my wallet. :whistle:

I have no experience with the playoff system. No opinion.

The awards look very cool. Disappointed I didn't nab one. Can't win them all I guess. The third award was a good idea for a secondary competition. And having a team MVP kept me involved longer than an overall MVP would have.

I like the Hotline Miami/80's theme, but I can't say it really added to my enjoyment. No, I don't like hurting people.

Another big thank you to Noid, Slamma and the rest of the staff for putting this together and keeping it running smoothly. You dudes are awesome! :applause:

http://i.imgur.com/OfYGY.gif

Through out the last 2 weeks I was wondering how did we use to do this for 2 months!, so once a month is fine. Personally the last THL I only had one child but this THL I have 2 so it was tough, but do able.

Good!! because I hate having to play the game or be strategic instead of just blowing my load. We got a solid show of seeing the hardcore people be hardcore

I like the 3rd award even though it was really really brutal but like Noid said it wasn't for everybody just the people who really wanted it. The team MVP was a nice touch because it added motivation for more trophy hunting. With that being said I didn't feel anything was team related, both the 3rd award and Team MVP award was something just about me and I felt selfish because by going for the 3rd award I pretty much stole the Team MVP award as well. Now I don't think we should get rid of the team MVP award but maybe for the next 3rd award it can be more about team work or something that anyone can get if they tried hard enough, instead of who has the most time, access to fast games, and $$$$$, because let's face it not everyone can complete 30+ games in one month. Since most of the fast game were digital there might be issues with peoples internet or they might have a cap so downloading all those games could've been an issue as well. Thankfully I had a horde of old PS+ games..and a Vita.

I enjoyed the theme it made me want to play Hotline Miami, everything was consistent which did add to my enjoyment.

On a side note I really think the constant updates made this waaaaaay more enjoyable because having to wait until Sunday caused me to much anxiety because I would constantly be worried about not having enough. The ED's did a wonderful job and I hope they do THL 9!!!!

Edited by Nobodygrotesque

This was my first THL but I have followed past seasons and I am glad it was only a month by the last week I was burnt out and went back to playing longer games.

To be honest I don't mind either way, It has its perks but negatives

I enjoyed the 3rd award it did change my orgional THL plan of doing half started backlog games but overall I think that was the best award, I also enjoyed the MVP award... Why becasue I won I guess :D

I did not see or think to much of the theme I just like hurting people I guess.

As a final note the community was great to be apart of I think this would be close to my most posted posts for the month.

The one liner notes/songs and so on when you submitted a 3rd aware were a nice addition to read that made me want to go back to check other one liners from other members as well.

The simple fact that there was a lot more preparation to ensure that things didn't go sideways and that there were a ton of stats to distract us made this arguably the best THL yet.

Perfect.

Perfect.

I would have made the requirements for the 3rd award the top 50% rather than top 33% of participants. Some people who put some serious time into participating in the competition came up with not much in terms of reward.

I'm not sure i'd do team MVP as next comp someone looking for a cheap award could join a casual team and go all out knowing they'd have a guaranteed award.

It didn't over-shadow the competition which is what i think the goal was and should be.

One month is fine. I got distracted with football matches and random laziness so I think I could have survived for another month. However, due to the nature of the 3rd award, I think my wallet would have hated me for the rest of the year.

Can't say much since this affect only the very top teams. :shrugs:

I will go with other members saying that both the 3rd and team MVP award geared this THL towards competition instead of teamwork.

Nothing wrong with that but I really wanted to take my time and go casual this THL. I pretty much bagged both awards because I changed my plans once the 3rd award was announced. I did manage to put a respectable dent in my :ps+: catalog so there's that. :o

The team MVP award can stay but maybe balance it out with a team based one next time (things went smoothly so I'm confident there will be a next time :)).

I really liked Hotline Miami/80's theme. It made me go and search for my Retro and Vaporwave playlists. :cool:

I wanted Noid to stick to character with every leaderboard update but maybe this would have been too much. :rofl:

I do hurt people but I don't like it, I swear... most of the time...

Shout out to all the staff for a smooth event, especially Slamma and his magical comments during completions process. :thumbsup:

Although I never participated in previous THL's, I cannot fathom two months of earning trophies at the pace I did, I think a month is the sweet spot.

Can't really comment on this as mentioned above, but I think it was the right decision, the top team is the top team.

I'll echo what fellow members and a few team mates mentioned, make the next one so players who choose to be casual can go for it rather than competing, this way we have something for everyone :)

Although I got it easily myself, the best thing for THL imo would be to stick to something more casual friendly.

Well I know nothing about Hotline Miami, but the whole 80's theme was pretty cool.

Edited by Sellers

Reducing the time to a single month was the right decision. I'm burned out after giving my all for 30 days so I'm perfectly fine when we stick to this frame of time.

I don't really care about that, because I won't ever intend to be in the winning team. Seems good though, so people can play all their games whenever they want without saving lots of them until the end (if they want their team to win).

Awesome. Liked the change of the MVP award, and the 3rd award has been a good opportunity to play some of the Plus games I had saved but never played before. Would be cool to see a cooperative 3rd award next time, though. For example, I loved the bingo board on THL 7 since you needed to play together with your teammates to get the whole bingo board done.

I liked it. Enjoyed playing Hotline Miami back then, so it was cool it revolved around it a little. And... all that sexy pink, couldn't have been better than that :whistle: I'm always open for more pink.

Could the next theme be something like "Cute and fluffy" with pink unicorns and stuff, please? :francis:

Firstly thanks again to all the staff for allowing the whole THL to run smoothly. I can see why over the years its been a success.

Its my first one (I know where have you been) so I cant compare it to previous ones, but havent had any gripes with any of it, the only downside for me is just the non gaming commitments I have that prevented me putting in more time but hey thats life for me & others & its how it goes. Still had a blast & met & chatted to some new people which in itself just adds to the greatness of PST as a whole. :thumbsup:

Some suggestions I had/have are these for awards & layout:

Spell Checker - Simple really, an award for those that play games that spell out Trophy Hunting League, using the first letter of a games title & where letters duplicate it has to be a different game.

Eg: T - Technomancer R - Randals Monday & where as said the letter duplicates so say E it has to be 2 different games. :think:

Title Topper - In a spin on the above, maybe an award for someone who plays the most games beginning with the same letter??

Versus - At the end of each week, maybe either the current top 2 in the league or 2 participants are picked at random & have 24 hrs or maybe 48 to see who gains more trophies than the other.

Nemesis - In relation to Versus, the opponent who gets beaten has a chance to get revenge & try & beat them back at a different time within the month??

Division - Not sure about how this would work but maybe as its a league some sort of promotion/relegation system where competitors move up & down through a couple of divisions based obviously on weekly trophy haul?

Finally & this may not be approved by many but maybe an award for taking part? The only way to achieve this though is by competing the whole month & a requirement of maybe 50/100 trophies so people cant bail out.

I know, I know & yes I didnt achieve an award this time, hence the suggestion & it maybe takes the shine off those who work damn hard in getting the MVP/3rd Award etc but its just a suggestion, its just a suggestion :p

I didn't participate, can I still comment? :p

The only thing I can say is that I love the removal of the playoffs. You don't have the intensity (uncertainty?) but I hate the idea that a team could absolutely thrash the opposition but still lose the title based on two trophy battles. I know it's used (pretty commonly?) in American sports but I'll never agree with it.

Good job everyone.

I think one month was perfect. I was starting to feel burned out towards the end and I'm not even anywhere near the top of the pile, I can't imagine having to keep up the pace I did for another month. Not only that, any longer and I think (personally) real life stuff would have probably suffered - health from those late nights, relationships from those times you want to squeeze out that last trophy or two in a game.

They didn't really apply to me in the first place but it seems a sensible move. I never really understood why play-offs exist anyway, if I'm honest. For league winners that is, in everyday sports leagues. Here in the UK if a football team wins the league, they win the league. They were told how long a season lasts and once time was up, if they were in the #1 spot, they won. Playoffs are highly unnecessary.

Winning Team - That's fine. One for a hardcore group to aim for, as a team. No problems.

Third Award - Perfect. The individual element of competitiveness where a significant chunk of participants get a reward.

Team MVP - This was OK but my least favourite. I cannot stop myself from being competitive at times and the criteria of this award made me a little uncomfortable. I felt a bit of guilt having the means to get my hands on a few VNs and Sound Shapes stacks in order to secure it. On the flip side, it was within the rules and if anyone else wanted to have done it, it wouldn't have taken much to surpass me.

I think if I were to change any award it would be the Team MVP - replacing it instead with a goal the team can aim for, that all teams could win if they tried. Such as spelling, popping plats within a certain time frame of each other, team bingo, something like the Scavenger Ad Hoc from House Champs (where you had a list of categories to aim for). We have the hardcore award (Best Team), we have the individual (Third Award), it would be nice for a casual team to be able to achieve together.

I enjoyed the theme, not because I like Hotline Miami (never played), but because it was pink and consistent. Yeah, I love pink. What of it? It was nice to see something bright pink and immediately know you were in THL zone.

Additional comments:

The leaderboard updates were probably the best part of this. They happened often and the vast majority played ball by syncing and signing up regularly. This made the whole thing what it was - exciting and competitive. It was staggering really, that you kept up with it, massive kudos for that.

Secondly, I am a great believer that if you love doing something, the end product is great. It is blindingly obvious to me that THL was a labour of love. I can tell that huge amounts of effort, organisation and care went into it, there's no denying it, and I hope you feel proud of the job you've done here.

I appreciated the laid-back atmosphere and the fact that there were no confrontations (that I was aware of anyway). I've never really participated in any other THLs other than #1 because there always seems to be a bit of drama, but after this, I would sign up again without a doubt. I think you have the right team and solid foundations on which to build on.

Simple answer? - Perfect, Anything more just becomes a drag, A single month was all that was needed to make this a success.

Never effected me in previous THL's but id mirror what others have already stated, There was no need for them at all.

The selfish answer after scooping Team MVP & the 3rd award would be awesome however i cant help but think there is so many teams with players that have no sign ups or just simply dropped from participating for one reason or another

I feel this could be addressed by making the 3rd award something based across the team like if each member of the team contributed X amount of sign ups or earned X amount of trophies to qualify the whole team for an award?

Sexy design - Sexy tiles, But i agree with others, there would of been something nice like a mid THL bingo styled aim to fit the theme throughout the month that would of made it even more fitting.

Totally enjoyed this THL, My favorite to date, Such a friendly competitiveness this time round.

Props to all the guys that maintained the signups and leaderboards. Awesome work.

My only real feedback is on the lack of anything Team related (outside of winning the whole thing). We sign up as groups but we're all competing against each other here rather than working together, it felt like this THL was very much all against all.

I would have really enjoyed something that rewarded an entire team for the work they've put in together, instead of making them compete amongst themselves.

My only real feedback is on the lack of anything Team related (outside of winning the whole thing). We sign up as groups but we're all competing against each other here rather than working together, it felt like this THL was very much all against all.

I would have really enjoyed something that rewarded an entire team for the work they've put in together, instead of making them compete amongst themselves.

This. If anything this should have just been a free for all.

The selfish answer after scooping Team MVP & the 3rd award would be awesome however i cant help but think there is so many teams with players that have no sign ups or just simply dropped from participating for one reason or another

I feel this could be addressed by making the 3rd award something based across the team like if each member of the team contributed X amount of sign ups or earned X amount of trophies to qualify the whole team for an award?

Also this. There were quite alarming number of people who signed up, but then didn't bother with the competition at all. Whether that is due to rl or they just simply didn't care, we won't know.

Edited by Combatting

I thought it was a fantastic change. Still long enough that serious contenders will have to put in a lot of effort over a long period of time but not too long that everyone, casual or competitive, gets burnt out.

I think the playoffs are great for teams that are involved in them, and it adds an extra bit of strategy to THL too. However, it's definitely less involving for everyone else who didn't make the playoffs. So I could go either way, I don't think one is clearly better than the other.

I hate the third award! (Only because I didn't get it :whistle:). Seriously though, I thought both the 3rd award and the new team MVP award were very well done and good ideas.

I liked the bright colours. I'm pretty easy to please though.

Overall this was probably my second favourite THL (only behind THL 3 for obvious reasons :blurp:). Very well run event and I can't wait to participate in the next one.

... There will be a next one, right?

Perfect! One month was plenty and I don't know how we've managed with two months before.

I was always against removing the play-offs when that idea was floating around the staff a year or two. It gave many teams something to strive for as they didn't have to just fight for first place.

That being said, the change of the MVP award to be per team means that there is something extra for people to go for, so it kind of balances out nicely.

I'm happy with the new MVP award. Next time I'll join a team of people who don't game!

I wasn't keen on the third award though. I'd prefer an award that anyone can get and the only thing stopping you is yourself. Instead of limiting it to a third of participants you could've just said 'get 30 completions' instead. I'm sure there are many more ideas though, most of them Velvet's. :p

Overall a very smooth THL in a simple format that bodes well for any future THLs. Thanks for running it!