Disney Infinity 3.0: Marvel Battlegrounds DLC ~ Road Map & Trophy Guide

DISCOKING

http://i.imgur.com/SkgCEjp.png

Disney Infinity 3.0: Marvel Battlegrounds DLC ~ Roadmap & Trophy Guide

http://i.imgur.com/Bkb2jbN.png

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 1/10 (personal opinion)
  • Offline trophies: 5 (4(B), 1(S))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100: 2-3hrs (personal opinion)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 versus fight, 1 Story Mode playthrough, and beating 28 challenges
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
  • Do trophies stack?: Yes, the PS3 and 4 versions of this game have separate lists
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.

http://i.imgur.com/aHMDX7o.png

Disney Infinity 3.0 is the third instalment in the Disney Infinity series. Like the other two, the game allows players to place a figure on the base and transport that character into the game. Unlike most DLC content, this DLC cannot be purchased digitally from the PSN store. You must purchase the Marvel Battlegrounds Playset from local retail stores such as Walmart, Target, Best-Buy, Toys R Us, or Order Online from Amazon. This DLC is an arena battle royal fighting type of game and has 3 different modes.

Versus: This mode is for up to four local players. There is no online connection available for this content. Versus has 4-5 types of various games you can play.

Story Mode: There is a small story that you can play through to stop Ultron from getting or using an infinity stone.

Challenges: A few challenges are unlocked initially, but you'll have to finish the Story Mode to unlock all 28 challenges. The challenges just ask you to defeat 1-5 characters, and if you do it with a certain character then you can unlock alternate outfits or toys for your toy box mode found in the base game.

As far as trophies go, you will need four PS4 controllers to unlock every trophy but the good news is you do not need all the character figures for any of them. It comes with a Captain America figure which you could use to get 100% of the trophies with. You can easily switch between the modes and none of the trophies are missable but I've listed my recommended order for obtaining the trophies in the walkthrough.

WALKTHROUGH

STEP 1: VERSUS MODE

Click vs. Mode at the beginning make sure to have four PS4 controllers logged in. If you own any Marvel characters put them on the base to load them into the game, and they will be available in the select your fighter menu. If you do not have anyone but the Captain America the set came with, then you will have to use the free timed available characters but you get new free trial characters daily. Alternatively, you can use the trial tokens to use any character you want in the Versus mode. You are provided with some tokens initially for free, and you earn more as you play. No matter how you get your characters you will want at least one flying character selected for the Take My Wings trophy.

After this step you will earn the following trophies:

(B) Take My Wings

(B) Fighting Friends

(B) Special Delivery

STEP 2: STORY MODE

There are no trophies directly associated with this mode. However, you need to complete the story for two reasons.

1. You will get the much needed experience points (XP).
  2. You need to finish the story to unlock all the challenges.

STEP 3: CHALLENGE MODE

After completing the story mode you will have 28 challenges (1 challenge for each of the 28 marvel figures created) unlocked. Each challenge requires you to beat 1-5 characters but you do not need to beat it with the character suggested so don't worry if you don't have that figure. Beating it with the recommended figure only unlocks alternate outfits or toys for your toy box and winning the fight counts as completing the challenge for earning the trophy.

After this step you will earn the following trophies:

(B) Great Collection

(S) Veteran Hero

Edited by DISCOKING
Editorial Sweep.

http://i.imgur.com/kYP11Ax.png

http://i.imgur.com/zUf61QB.png

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/3611/133.jpg Veteran Hero (S)

Earn 10,000 Experience Points in Marvel Battlegrounds

This trophy should come naturally if you are going for the 100% in this DLC. You will earn XP for your 1 versus fight, 1 Story Mode playthrough and beating 28 challenges. You will earn 10,000 XP by the 27th or 28th challenge and if for some reason you don't have enough, then just replay a challenge.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/3611/82d.jpg Take My Wings (B)

Knock 5 enemies out of the sky with thrown objects in Marvel Battlegrounds

In your versus fight make sure you have one character that can fly. If you don't have a figure that can fly use one of your timed daily use trials on a flying character. Select the flyer on the second controller and not the main account you want to earn the trophy on. Now double jump (:cross:, :cross:) to fly and with your main character, pick up any box or item by pressing :square:. Now turn and aim it at the flying character, then press :r2: to throw it at them and it will knock them down. Do this 4 more times to earn the trophy.

Flying Characters Include:

• Falcon
  • Nova
  • Iron Man
  • Loki
  • Vision
  • Ultron
  • Iron Man: Hulk Buster Armor
  • Thor
  • Star Lord

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/3611/82e.jpg Fighting Friends (B)

Play any four-player Versus match in Marvel Battlegrounds

Turn on four PS4 controllers then press :cross: at the character select screen on each one to pick a character. If you have 4 figures then you can load them in on the base to be used at the character select screen but if not, then use the daily timed use characters. Pick any arena and once the match starts, the trophy will pop.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/3611/97c.jpg Special Delivery (B)

Use 3 Special Moves in One Match in Marvel Battlegrounds

In your versus mode match, after getting take my wings, beat up people (with :triangle:, :triangle:, :triangle:) and collect their purple sparks to fill up your super meter. You can also collect purple sparks from the purple capsules and once you have enough purple sparks, :r1: will show up around your character to signify that your super meter is full so press :r1: to use it. Your attack doesn't even need to connect for it to count. Once you have executed 3 special moves in one match, then the trophy will pop.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/3611/b98.jpg Great Collection (B)

Complete all Challenges in Marvel Battlegrounds

Go to the Challenges menu and pick them one by one to beat them. Each challenge requires you to beat a certain number of characters ranging from 1-5 but if you only have one character figure and die or lose the challenge, then you can simply restart the challenge. However if you have more character figures and one dies, then you can put a new one on the base and continue the same challenge without restarting. Although that should not be necessary, as it is very easy. If you are close to dying, then collecting green sparks will refill your health meter. Once you have beaten all 28 challenges (which takes about 2.5 hours if you play straight through) then the trophy will pop.

Edited by DISCOKING
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/GuideStuck_Gold.gif

Congratulations :).

Don't forget to post in the Guide Updates thread here: Updates Needed on a Main Site Trophy Guide or Roadmap? Let us know here. if you ever make any updates to your guide and If you add any Trophy Tags or find any that are missing or incorrect, either here or on the Main Site version(s) of the Guide, then please tell us here: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/guide-central/268887-missing-incorrect-trophy-tags-reporting-thread.html :).

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

Great guide. You may want to mention that you can use the trial tokens to use any character you want in the Versus mode, and that you aren't just limited to the trial timers, although this technically doesn't affect getting the trophies at all.

Also, the game gives you free trial tokens when you go into Versus mode the first time, so you definitely want to do Versus first as your guide suggests. I did the story mode first, and got up to 20 tokens, then did the Versus mode, so all the free tokens it gave me were basically wasted, as you can only have 20 at a time.

Great guide. You may want to mention that you can use the trial tokens to use any character you want in the Versus mode, and that you aren't just limited to the trial timers, although this technically doesn't affect getting the trophies at all.

Also, the game gives you free trial tokens when you go into Versus mode the first time, so you definitely want to do Versus first as your guide suggests. I did the story mode first, and got up to 20 tokens, then did the Versus mode, so all the free tokens it gave me were basically wasted, as you can only have 20 at a time.

Thanks for the compliment, Yeah I just stuck to the info for getting the trophies but I guess I could add that bit part

• 2 weeks later...

I would say the trophies are somewhat glitched, the one for knocking people out of the air didn't pop for me when the feat did.

And if you've unlocked a feat, you can't get the trophy without resetting. I knocked people out of the air over 10 times after the feat popped hoping it would pop. Had multiple games of 4+ specials.

I couldn't find a way to reset it without deleting my entire DI 3.0 save file and doing the intro over again. [already had the feats for 4player and using 3 specials in one battle] Since unlike other playsets starting a new save only wipes your progress, the feats stay around since this has a separate vs mode.

I would say the trophies are somewhat glitched, the one for knocking people out of the air didn't pop for me when the feat did.

And if you've unlocked a feat, you can't get the trophy without resetting. I knocked people out of the air over 10 times after the feat popped hoping it would pop. Had multiple games of 4+ specials.

I couldn't find a way to reset it without deleting my entire DI 3.0 save file and doing the intro over again. [already had the feats for 4player and using 3 specials in one battle] Since unlike other playsets starting a new save only wipes your progress, the feats stay around since this has a separate vs mode.

This is the first I've heard or read of this

I had no problems did it twice

Once on PS3 then on ps4 without any issues

If others report similar problems I'll update the guide

• 3 weeks later...
Is this possible to play without removing from the packaging... I know single characters can

iIgot the pPlatwithout opening anything besides the starter obviously.

Yes it is

On the base - Just put it so half the box - part with Playset- on the top of the base and the other half -part with Capt. America- is on the player 1 part of the base (if you need him)

Btw-- this works for dory too

I did this - took it back and and exchanged it for dory

Then never took dory out of the box kept the receipt and will take it back too however it's been 3 weeks or more -- I really need to take that back (I was waiting for something I wanted but I better do it soon and get a gift card or something

Edited by DISCOKING

Thanks... Just bought battlegrounds. I have yet to see dory in any store

Edit... Also iI did not see it mention anything about spendingXP... I think the 10K trophy requires you to have 10K all at once... I am back to 8000...i Believe i used quite a bit to get to level 6 on the skill tree... No trophy. I did at 40 challenges now. They are rinse and repeat boring. If you spend XP. I Suggest that you do a 5 or 6 player challenge so u get 400+ per match

Edit 2 Nevermind... It popped one match later... Still did way more than 27/28

Edited by knoxville363

Thanks... Just bought battlegrounds. I have yet to see dory in any store

Edit... Also iI did not see it mention anything about spendingXP... I think the 10K trophy requires you to have 10K all at once... I am back to 8000...i Believe i used quite a bit to get to level 6 on the skill tree... No trophy. I did at 40 challenges now. They are rinse and repeat boring. If you spend XP. I Suggest that you do a 5 or 6 player challenge so u get 400+ per match

Edit 2 Nevermind... It popped one match later... Still did way more than 27/28

Funny i did this dlc twice, once on PS3 and once on ps4, and by the time I finished all the challenges I had over 10,000 XP without needing to replay any. Both times.

However in the guide I did note that if you don't have it by the end just replay a challenge to get it. You had to be close.

I know you did... I just didn't expect it to be that many more. i was thinking maybe a few more. If you did all 4-5 player battles instead of single... A few more probably...not bashing your guide... Just my own observation.

Edited by knoxville363

It doesn't need to be 10,000 in the bank at one time, so you can spend as you like. Mine popped at far less than 10,000 in the bank since I was spending, and it did at the point where it would be 10,000 if I hadn't spent anything.

Also strange that you had to do so many more battles? Did you do story mode? After completing story mode and all challenges, I only had a few more fights to complete, without having even touched Vs. mode yet.

Yes I did a few challenges..finished the story. ... Then finished the challenges. I did the story on easy... Does that matter?

I also did ---

vs first

Story second

then challenges third

I might have had XP from vs mode (3 supers & take my wings) that you didn't have which made you have to replay challenges - because you saved vs for last maybe?

But anyway couldn't have been many more right? Just 1-2 extra I would think?

Yes I did a few challenges..finished the story. ... Then finished the challenges. I did the story on easy... Does that matter?

Yes, I think the difficulty does matter. You get more XP on harder difficulties I believe. Also I'm not sure if the XP bonus you normally get in the game from owning extra figures counts. I'm thinking no, since the XP you get is always a nice round number.

Yes, I think the difficulty does matter. You get more XP on harder difficulties I believe. Also I'm not sure if the XP bonus you normally get in the game from owning extra figures counts. I'm thinking no, since the XP you get is always a nice round number.

That's it Beens! You figured it out.

I played on easy so it's not about difficulty.

However my son had all the marvel characters except for lik 3-4 of them. And you get XP bonuses or owning more characters and also those power discs and things. So I probably had a multiplier on my XP that others may not have. Causing them to have to replay some challenges.

Good going beens! :applause:

As far as trophies go, you will need four PS4 controllers to unlock every trophy

This information is incorrect, you can get it with only two controllers (PS4 version)

I started the game with controller 1 on my main account and went into vs mode at the character selection screen. Then I turned on Controller 2 and used a guest account with no psn sign in and chose another char. I then switched controller 2 to another new guest account and chose yet another char and did the same thing for the last player.

Now you are at the screen where you choose the battlefield and it neeeds all 4 votes to start, so I chose battlefield 1 with my 2 active controllers and then switched the users around on the controllers again. There will always be popups that you need to connect a controller for whatever players not assigned. After lots of :x: presses I was able to vote for the same battlefield with my other 2 chars and the battle finally started (still with popups that I need to connect the controllers)

Battle started and trophy popped immediately.

Did not try it on ps3 as I had enough controllers.

This information is incorrect, you can get it with only two controllers (PS4 version)

I started the game with controller 1 on my main account and went into vs mode at the character selection screen. Then I turned on Controller 2 and used a guest account with no psn sign in and chose another char. I then switched controller 2 to another new guest account and chose yet another char and did the same thing for the last player.

Now you are at the screen where you choose the battlefield and it neeeds all 4 votes to start, so I chose battlefield 1 with my 2 active controllers and then switched the users around on the controllers again. There will always be popups that you need to connect a controller for whatever players not assigned. After lots of :x: presses I was able to vote for the same battlefield with my other 2 chars and the battle finally started (still with popups that I need to connect the controllers)

Thanks for this tip. It isn't bad enough that I had to spend for the figures, and now I have to get MORE controllers for one freakin' trophy?!? My other alternative was that I was gonna try to see if a Move controller and possibly even the Rock Band controllers counted as controllers for the trophy :think:

Well, for the ps3 Move Controllers and such should work. But those don't work on the PS4. (no clue if the alternative PS4 controller from Rock Band would work as I have none of those)

I actually used a gun controller (the Top Shot from Cabela) as my 4th controller on the PS3. Worked without a problem.

Edited by Lucksi

My my aren't you tenacious :)

Yeah I tried the reassign trick but it wouldn't let me -- I guess I wasn't as persistent as the game or you obviously were.

It always said reconnect the controller when I switched so I figured you needed 4.

I just borrowed from a friend for like 2 min - then gave them right back no big whoop.

Edited by DISCOKING

FWIW I am at 8636 XP after completing story, all challenges, and the other trophies.

How many characters did you preload in?

That's probably why I didn't have to do extra challenges. I had a lot of characters which gives a XP multiplier boost

Edited by DISCOKING