morphingryno

8071053D

Hard boot the PS3, turn off the PS3 to stand-by, flip off the back switch and remove the power cord. Then shut off your modem/router, for about 5 minutes, then turn the modem back up first and let it sync, then turn the router back on(if using one) and let it sync. Reconnect your power cable and flip the back switch up again. Then make a new network connection.

^^^^^^^^^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I have a few questions and need some help. My 60gb PS3 no longer reads any disks at all and it's come to my understanding that i have to pay Sony to get it fixed. To be honest I really don't want to have to pay 150$ for it, which brings me to my next question; is there a way that i can fix this myself? I have some technical expertise but nothing extreme. So for all you hardcore PS3 fanatics can you tell me which is the best of the two alternatives?

A) Fix it myself - Buy a new laser lens, open the PS3 and install it myself. How hard is this? How much will it cost?

B) Send it in - Do I need to do anything aside from backing up my system and Deactivting my PSN?

Thank you for reading all this, It'd just be nice to play disks again.

Hey I have a few questions and need some help. My 60gb PS3 no longer reads any disks at all and it's come to my understanding that i have to pay Sony to get it fixed. To be honest I really don't want to have to pay 150$ for it, which brings me to my next question; is there a way that i can fix this myself? I have some technical expertise but nothing extreme. So for all you hardcore PS3 fanatics can you tell me which is the best of the two alternatives?

A) Fix it myself - Buy a new laser lens, open the PS3 and install it myself. How hard is this? How much will it cost?

B) Send it in - Do I need to do anything aside from backing up my system and Deactivting my PSN?

Thank you for reading all this, It'd just be nice to play disks again.

answer a is the best solution if it is out of warranty

i would recommend replacing the bd drive which costs about 40$ - 50$ on ebay it is not to hard to replace either

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qztw_aUBQhI]YouTube- How to replace a PS3 blueray drive[/ame]

Edited by morphingryno

Any idea how to fix error code: 8002A407

It only comes on when I play Bioshock 2 (Mirror's Edge, Ghostbusters, Little Big Planet all still work for me). It says cannot connect to network but I can send/receive messages, check trophies, go to the store/home etc.... I haven't found any solution anywhere else but actually found some people get this error code when play Lost Planet, and some racing game (i forget what one right now).

Any idea how to fix error code: 8002A407

It only comes on when I play Bioshock 2 (Mirror's Edge, Ghostbusters, Little Big Planet all still work for me). It says cannot connect to network but I can send/receive messages, check trophies, go to the store/home etc.... I haven't found any solution anywhere else but actually found some people get this error code when play Lost Planet, and some racing game (i forget what one right now).

enter these port numbers into your router

tcp ports: 80, 443, 5223 and udp ports: 3478, 3479

80023017 ?

Also when I try to go to PlayStation Store I get this sentence;

This service is not available in your country/region.

Anyone know what the hell is going on?

their was maintance today and while you can still sign in you still cannot access the store right now

wait a few hours and it should work again

Hey guys I need your suggestions.. I'm frequently getting the error 8002AD23 when playing online and as per your description, the connection drops that's why I'm being sign out from PSN. How do I prevent that connection drop from happening?What do you think is causing it? Because I noticed that when it happens, I can still go to the internet on my laptop. The connection doesnt drop on my laptop but it does on my PS3?please help guyzzz

Hey guys I need your suggestions.. I'm frequently getting the error 8002AD23 when playing online and as per your description, the connection drops that's why I'm being sign out from PSN. How do I prevent that connection drop from happening?What do you think is causing it? Because I noticed that when it happens, I can still go to the internet on my laptop. The connection doesnt drop on my laptop but it does on my PS3?please help guyzzz

are you using wireless or wired

if wired it will happen occassionally

if wireles it will happen more often

some thing you can do

1. change to wired internet

2. move your ps3 closer to the modem / router

3. make sure nothing is blocking the signal from your modem / router to your ps3

4. refer to this thread as well

mjc reported getting this today when attempting to sync trophies for Monkey Island chapters 4 and 5... I looked around the interwebz and found this...

80022D68: Sony does not have the trophy list on their servers yet.

Solution: Try synching again everyday until it syncs.

• 2 weeks later...
By formatting the HDD do you mean go into system settings and then click on format utility? or do i go into the ps3 recovery menu?

go into the recovery menu and select option 5 also if you can get to the xmb i would recommend backing up everything first as formatting the hdd erases everything

Edited by morphingryno