Speed Run Exploit

Just got it using the exact same method as Pyramat. Beat on Moderate, started new Crushing game on the same file with same stats, played through Prologue and Chapter 1, quit to Main Menu, played the Epilogue through Chapter Select, got the trophy during the credits. In my experience, you have to do exactly these steps, as my previous attempts failed due to some minor changes.

Did you save over top of the crushing save when you started a new game? Or made a new save? And you played all the way through chapter 1 until you got to the start of chapter two?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone done this that didn't complete first run on Moderate?

Anyone done it by starting a new game and soon as game starts quit out without playing?

Seems to be a lot of people getting it in slightly different ways im currently speed running it on Crushing be nice if i can do it this way if i mess up after.

Has anyone done this that didn't complete first run on Moderate?

I think that might be part of it, because I haven't seen anyone who said it worked for them say they did it on any difficulty other than moderate.

I just tried it again off my crushing save, deleted all other saves, redid the ending of the epilogue, waited out the credits, started a new game and saved over my crushing save, played until the start of chapter 2, didn't work.

Right now I'm going to try chapter selecting the epilogue on moderate, then starting a new game again and see what happens. If that doesn't work I'll just do it legitamitely tomorrow unless someone figures out a foolproof way to get it to work.

Edit: Nope, I give up. At this point it'll be easier to just do it legit than waste more time trying to figure this out.

Edited by Gage

US NA Disc based game.

Completed game on explorer.

Quit game, backed up save on usb, and cloud.

Started new game, Crushing mode, used last final save.

When Chapter 1 started, I quit to menu and closed application.

Restarted game, chapter select, chose Prologue.

Worked.

Profit.

Thanks

Nice so we know that it can work on Disc or Digital and work after completing the game on Explorer or Moderate.

• Beat the game on moderate earlier today
  • Started a new game on moderate, carried everything over but made a new save
  • Played through the prologue
  • Quit to the main menu, went to chapter select, and chose the epilogue
  • Loaded that same new save I just made for this, and it popped once I hit the credits

Followed these awesome steps! Thanks so much! I changed the steps a little bit below though to make more sense (at least to me). Feel free to update your comment with my list if you'd like.

• Beat the game on Moderate earlier today
  • Backed up my saves
  • Started a new game on Moderate, carried everything over but made a new save
  • Played through the Prologue
  • Quit to the Main Menu, went to chapter select, and chose the Epilogue, then OVERWROTE THE NEW SAVE I JUST CREATED IN STEP 2 ABOVE
  • Trophy popped once I hit the credits (you can skip all cinematic to speed up time)

Here's my information on my game and save files for anyone wondering:

• North American PSN Digital Copy
  • Played first play through on Moderate
  • Started a NEW SAVE unrelated to the exploit on Crushing yesterday. Got to Chapter 9.
  • Found out about the exploit so I then followed the steps above EXACTLY as they are typed and got the trophy.
  • Now back to my Chapter 9 Crushing save going for the Crushing difficulty trophy

Edited by ClarkZuckerberg

US NA Disc based game.

Completed game on explorer.

Quit game, backed up save on usb, and cloud.

Started new game, Crushing mode, used last final save.

When Chapter 1 started, I quit to menu and closed application.

Restarted game, chapter select, chose Epilogue.

Worked.

Profit.

Thanks

Hot damn, this way worked for me. :D

Popped for me:

- Digital EU/DE Version

- First playthrough was done on light (to enjoy the story and locations, don't judge me hah)

- I backed up my save (just to be sure)

- New Game -> Crushing -> Overwrote my existing savegame

- Played prologue -> skipped chapter 1 cinematic and waited for auto-save to finish once the Chap1 text appears

- Quit to main menu -> Closed app

- Restarted game -> Story -> Chapter select -> Epilogue

- Skipped the minigame by losing (to speed it up), finished epilogue and immediately skipped the cinematic that pops up

- Credits -> trophy popped

Didn't pop a crushing trophy though.

I'm going to try this with zero stats carrying over to see whether you can also use it to pop the accuracy trophy.

//EDIT: Doesn't seem like it. I think the glitch is related to your stats NOT reseting properly on new game. Checking my stats shows me my old kill count and accuracy from the previous run. The only way to reset them is to chapter select and quit to main menu which automatically kills all your progress (including completely removing the option to chapter select).

They'll probably fix this sooner rather than later so yeah glad I got the speedrun one. It was the only trophy that gave me the shivers cause I'm no fan of speed runs (and the game literally took me 15h to complete).

Edited by TimL

Popped for me:

- Digital EU/DE Version

- First playthrough was done on light (to enjoy the story and locations, don't judge me hah)

- I backed up my save (just to be sure)

- New Game -> Crushing -> Overwrote my existing savegame

- Played prologue -> skipped chapter 1 cinematic and waited for auto-save to finish once the Chap1 text appears

- Quit to main menu -> Closed app

- Restarted game -> Story -> Chapter select -> Epilogue

- Skipped the minigame by losing (to speed it up), finished epilogue and immediately skipped the cinematic that pops up

- Credits -> trophy popped

Didn't pop a crushing trophy though.

I have Digital EU Version and I completed the game on moderate then on crushing(with different save game) and I can confirm it works for me :applause:

The only extra thing I did was after backup I kept only profile and Save game 1 (was on moderate) and deleted the other save files just to be sure

Thanks for sharing

Someone on reddit mentioned that you can also obtain the accuracy trophy that way... when I tried it it didn't work because you have to chapter select a few times to reset your accuracy to 0% (there's a bug that has stats like accuracy carry over from your last playthrough). Anyone know of a way to get the accuracy stat to 0% without voiding the chapter select menu? Would really like to get the accuracy trophy out of the way to fully enjoy the crushing playthrough.

Just tried it, works properly, got my trophy!

Do it quickly before Naughty Dog patches it :dance:

Someone on reddit mentioned that you can also obtain the accuracy trophy that way... when I tried it it didn't work because you have to chapter select a few times to reset your accuracy to 0% (there's a bug that has stats like accuracy carry over from your last playthrough). Anyone know of a way to get the accuracy stat to 0% without voiding the chapter select menu? Would really like to get the accuracy trophy out of the way to fully enjoy the crushing playthrough.

Hmmm, have you tried the same thing as the Speedrun trophy, but instead of restarting at epilogue, restarting at chapter 20 with several gunfights and with auto-aim? The accuracy stat should go up above 70%. Then you do chapter 21, then 22, then Epilogue. Didn't try it yet.

Edited by Linkinito

Hmmm, have you tried the same thing as the Speedrun trophy, but instead of restarting at epilogue, restarting at chapter 20 with several gunfights and with auto-aim? The accuracy stat should go up above 70%. Then you do chapter 21, then 22, then Epilogue. Didn't try it yet.

Nope will try it later today once I have time to boot this up again. Maybe someone else tries it till then (I think the chapter select after new game resets your accuracy to 0% so could very well work?).

Why are we carrying over our stats and treasures?

Every time I do this, I start the prologue still with my original play time of 14 hours. It hasn't reset.

The stats reset the second you use the chapter select feature. Once you finish the prologue you chapter select to the epilogue and your playtime & co goes to zero (and it only then blocks out the option to chapter select). That's what triggers the speedrun trophy I guess.

What's the last chapter with gun combat? One could possibly replay from that chapter and get the accuracy trophy.

The stats reset the second you use the chapter select feature. Once you finish the prologue you chapter select to the epilogue and your playtime & co goes to zero (and it only then blocks out the option to chapter select). That's what triggers the speedrun trophy I guess.

What's the last chapter with gun combat? One could possibly replay from that chapter and get the accuracy trophy.

Chapter 20 (No Escape). Because chapter 21 is very short and features no combat iirc, and chapter 22 only has the final boss fight with doesn't involve guns.