Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. This thread has been created to discuss anything Uncharted 4: A Thief's End related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread may result in a three day ban.

Edited by BreadSkin

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll get things started then.

Whilst I think Uncharted 2 is probably the overall better game, this has perhaps the better story and acting. The story of Libertalia and the pirates turning on each other was fascinating and I really enjoyed collecting what journals I could to find out more.

Sam was a really good addition and didn't really feel out of the blue like I thought it would. Touching on that conversation in Uncharted 3, I liked how it showed them 'becoming' Drake.

Chapter 4 was all kinds of win. Drake using the toy gun was funny and of course fucking CRASH BANDICOOT! Thought it was cheesy at first but when I realised I was playing the game I thought it was amazing. Drake's criticisms were hilarious. 'Why's he wearing sneakers?' 'You can't climb up? I'd have just climbed up'. :rofl:

I was 36 points away from breaking the top score in the Epilogue. Now I know there's a trophy attached to it I'm even more annoyed!

Speaking of the Epilogue, I thought it was a really nice touch. Although it reminded me too much of The Last of Us and not in a good way. :o

What else... :think:

Oh yeah, the sword fight at the end was great. I do wonder about Nadine to an extent. Whilst of course we can just say she fucked off to wherever, it's still surprising to have one of the antagonists just walk off. No big deal though.

I really don't see this one being the last one. If they do uncharted 5, you know Nate's daughter will be the main character now.

That would be awful. They've built this up as the final game. If they ever did more Uncharted games it would be pre/mid-quels like Golden Abyss and wouldn't involve Naughty Dog, but I really hope this is the end, as much as that saddens me.

Is it just me or is averys Treasure still there to be found????

The money they got out of the malaysia job is a different story if i got it right.

Why didnt they go back to libertalia to get it?

Didn't you get the message of the game? All that wealth and power just makes people turn against each other! :francis:

Are the puzzles easy? Just ran into my first one on chapter 9 didn't even pose any difficulty unlike previous titles.

You found the puzzles in the previous games difficult? The answers are always in the journal. This one actually requires more thought.

Edited by AshtimusPrime

Is it just me or is averys Treasure still there to be found????

The money they got out of the malaysia job is a different story if i got it right.

Why didnt they go back to libertalia to get it?

Pretty sure it's implied that Sam did, which is where Elaina got the gold coins she gives to Nathan when they're talking about buying JMI and going to Malaysia.

Does it seem to anyone else like there are a lot less enemies in this game compared to the previous 3?

It definitely feels like there are a lot less enemies than in 2 and 3 for sure. At times those two felt like there was too much shooting so I don't have a problem with it. The pacing of the game is a bit of an issue though. The first four or five chapters are basically one long tutorial.

Does it seem to anyone else like there are a lot less enemies in this game compared to the previous 3?

There are, but for me the fights that are in the game are ridiculous. Maybe I'm just a bad shot, but you can't combat in this game like the other 3. They will flank you, all of the time.

I didn't cry. My eyes were just taking a tactical wee :p

In all honesty, it was pretty much the perfect ending for me. Mid way through I kinda expected Elena and Drake to break it off and one of them die and it teach a story of some kind, but the ending is just how I wanted it.

Can definitely see a few games (dlc maybe) featuring Sully and his past and present. Which I'll definitely get behind :D

Just finished my first playthrough and damn, what a ride that was. Well it did start off kind of slow, I'd say the rest more than made up for it when the action kicked in. It can be hard to end long-running series but I'm very satisfied with this conclusion. It tied up everyone's stories nicely.

I was thinking they were going to leave Sam and Sully going off open-ended, but then the epilogue happened and I found a note from Sully mentioning his retirement.

Edited by HeeboHammer

I really don't see this one being the last one. If they do uncharted 5, you know Nate's daughter will be the main character now.

The SP DLC will more than likely focus on her.

Pretty sure it's implied that Sam did, which is where Elaina got the gold coins she gives to Nathan when they're talking about buying JMI and going to Malaysia.

Sam took a couple of coins in his pocket, one of those coins was probably worth about $30,000 if his whole treasure was $400 million

Who else was a little peeved off that the trailers killed the suspense of Sam getting 'killed' in the prison escape at the beginning of the game? Of course he's still alive if the trailers show Nate and Sam together as older men. That "death" scene did nothing for me when I was playing it. :(

In all honesty, it was pretty much the perfect ending for me. Mid way through I kinda expected Elena and Drake to break it off and one of them die

My heart sank when Elena pretended to be dead. I couldn't take a real death of one of them. :p

I do wonder about Nadine to an extent. Whilst of course we can just say she fucked off to wherever, it's still surprising to have one of the antagonists just walk off. No big deal though.

Nate probably just figured it was better for his and his families safety to just let it go. That's how I am looking at it.

I was seriously expecting her to be the JMI buyer, though.

Edited by JHChiBulls

Unless I'm missing something, I'm real miffed about the ability to throw back hot grenades being taken out. So many times this got me killed. That, and the jacked cover system. I would roll to dodge enemy fire and get placed into cover I didn't want.

I wanted my first play through to be enjoyable without trophy hunting so I put the difficulty on moderate without the auto aim. Still finished the game with 60+ trophies due to spend large amounts of time exploring. I may have died 3 times at the most at a certain point. Nothing was too hard. I think crushing with auto aim will be a breeze.

I found myself taking photos and uploading them. When you first get to the island with Sam, and you can see the storm coming in, that's where this game really shows its beauty graphically.

I don't mind at all playing through this game multiple times.

Edited by Buckeye02

You're lucky a Michigan fan like myself is here :p I recorded the stats from my very first playthroughs of 2, 3 and 4. This was all done of Moderate/Normal. I also recorded the numbers for the remastered, but that's a little skewed as I was working on trophies along the way.

Enemies defeated:

Uncharted 2: 829

Uncharted 3: 711

Uncharted 4: 558

Enemies defeated using stealth:

Uncharted 2: 15

Uncharted 3: 16

Uncharted 4: 58

Checkpoints failed/restarted:

Uncharted 2: 103

Uncharted 3: 113

Uncharted 4: 56

First playthrough time:

Uncharted 2: 12:41:00

Uncharted 3: 8:28:29

Uncharted 4: 15:45:51

There are other numbers, but I went into cover less in 4. Less blindfire and run and gun. MUCH less shots fired (nearly 4 times less than 2). I did collect more treasures in 4 my first go.

I definitely doubt it. I think they set it up nicely for a Sam and Sully DLC. This is the last Uncharted thing ND will ever do. To have Cassie as the lead would, I think, take away from the ending. What I'd like it to be is Sam and Sully in a bind. Duh. They're trying to make their way to Drake's in time for the birth of Cassie. Things don't go well. The end would be really heartwarming. Nothing says full circle more than the birth of a child.

Edited by mcolwander90

My money is on The Adventures of Sam and Sully.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm real miffed about the ability to throw back hot grenades being taken out. So many times this got me killed. That, and the jacked cover system. I would roll to dodge enemy fire and get placed into cover I didn't want.

Same. I really missed that feature.