Are you farming for 12-slot weapon?

hajpero

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran one of my Normal playthroughs playing on Expert mode, from levels 1 - 30/95 and I didn't get a SINGLE 12slot weapon drop...

When I did my Hardcore playthrough I had 2 12slot weapons before I reached level 22, from alternating Rookie-Expert. I don't feel like difficulty altered my drop rates at all.

Has anyone actually got a 12 slot legendary weapon while doing the normal playthrough??? I just want to know, otherwise I'm wasting my time as I'm level 30/152 with my Tank character and so far, the best weapon I got was a 11 slot Launcher.

EDIT: Finally got one during one of my Master runs and then, a few hours later while doing the challenges on Rookie, I get another two 12 slot weapons. Sigh :wall:

Edited by wicken

Has anyone actually got a 12 slot legendary weapon while doing the normal playthrough??? I just want to know, otherwise I'm wasting my time as I'm level 30/152 with my Tank character and so far, the best weapon I got was a 11 slot Launcher.

EDIT: Finally got one during one of my Master runs and then, a few hours later while doing the challenges on Rookie, I get another two 12 slot weapons. Sigh :wall:

Congrats man! It's definitely possible to get a 12 slot weapon early on. I played a lot of coop with the same person. He got two 12 slots before getting to level 30, and he got a 3rd one before hero level 100. Meanwhile I didn't have a single one. It's a pure luck thing. Though I stopped playing with him after he got the 3rd "just in case" he was sucking up all of the 12 slot drops. LOL

So I finally got not 1 but 2 legendary 12 slots. I was playing my tank character getting my last trophy other then the elusive 12 slot (level 30). I got 2 drops in a row and both were 12 slot legendaries. Insane. Now I have some work to do. My tank has no where near enough cores as I just hit level 30. Oh and by the way I got the 12 slot legendaries on rookie... What a game....

Edited by Longhungsilver
Forgot difficulty

man, this game is ridiculous. I've literally been playing all day, at least 8 hours and I haven't gotten a 12 slot. I wonder how many hours I have on this game grinding just for a 12 slot.

I was playing master difficulty and I was getting 2-3 Legends on some missions. But, that became a total chore so now I've resorted to farming UFO missions. I have 20 keys, so I just back up my save, farm 20, revert save when I dont get a 12 slot, farm 20, revert save, etc.

I'm on my 80th UFO mission in the past 3.5 hours. I'm clearing them in about 90 seconds. A totally useless grind.

EDIT: And just like I thought it would, I got it within 10 more tries after posting. Mine was dropped by a killed enemy and not out of a chest during a UFO mission. Plasma Shotgun with Grenade when damaged.

I also got a Plasma Shotgun 9 slot with boomerang on shot during the same farming session. Now it's time to get my platinum (activate all spawn beacons in hardcore///save it for last so the platinum screenshot isn't some boring menu and is actually live gameplay). I might just muster up the energy to finish these DLC trophies too. That way, I can scratch this game off my list completely.

What a good feeling to finally have this shitty weapon.

Edited by ifistbrowni

Has anyone actually got a 12 slot legendary weapon while doing the normal playthrough??? I just want to know, otherwise I'm wasting my time as I'm level 30/152 with my Tank character and so far, the best weapon I got was a 11 slot Launcher.:

yes, i got three. a minigun, a powershot and an energy gun. only the energy gun was level 30 though.

All my 12slots so far have dropped during normal missions, not UFOs or Arks. 3 of them came before level 30. 4 out of 5 dropped directly from enemies but my most recent was from the end-mission chest, on Master.

I find myself still playing this game a lot post-trophies, I simply can't put it down. So I could have probably coped with a longer grind for a 12-slot, which I anticipated going in. I feel for people who are fed up with this and still grinding away at it, while I'm just annoyed that my 12slots keep having rubbish perks.

Would love a primary or shotgun with boomerang on shoot :D

Edited by CravingClarity

I feel for people who are fed up with this and still grinding away at it, while I'm just annoyed that my 12slots keep having rubbish perks.

agree..

Would love a primary or shotgun with boomerang on shoot :D

man, I can tell you.. I'm now at over 7 days playtime and got only one of my three favorite weapons..

I screamed out so loud that my neighbours heard it, as my 12slot MP with boomerang on shoot dropped.. :D

and now I'm still waiting for a 12slot shotgun and/or powershot w boomerang.. maybe a minigun w boomerang could be nice, too, but its no must have for me..

• 2 weeks later...

I am Level 30:270 and have seen none.

Level 30:100 on Hardcore and seen none.

Level 30:50 on the 3rd character and also seen none.

Max is 11 Slots...

This is just a pain and takes away the fun of the game completely. Luck based trophies are the worst.

Edited by Frozone

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I must have got very lucky. I got a 12-slot launcher about halfway through World 2, no more than a few missions after hitting 30. I haven't even done a UFO key mission yet. I've been playing on Professional. It's going to take forever to get enough level 6 cores though, I haven't even got 1 yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well, when I was playing with my buddy i had the option "drop" so we could give eachother the weapons we found? Its only possible when i was in a mission. Maybe it was because it was local co-op. Anyway 30/145 in and did 3 levels of arkship on legendary and a 12 slot dropped finally !!

Yes, local co-op gives you the option to drop weapons for other players. I did this to transfer a 12-slot weapon from one of my characters to another that had more cores using a mule. I think you could even dupe weapons this way if you use save backups.

Note that the mule character has to be a high enough level to pick up the weapon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I raised like 70 levels with my 3 normal characters and seen none.

On hardcore, from levels 15 to 27, I have 2 12-slot weapons already...

earning cores on hardcore is a pain with quitting and uploading to the cloud for precaution, but I've got six already being a 30/35, so in the end I will farm them here and call it quits.