Drifting Guide (Drifting made Easy)

Basics first

1.) The drift rating for a car matters enormously! Always choose the car with "Fantastic" drifting ability when you have a choice, even when it's not in the same class as the event.

2.) The longer you drift the more points you get. You will hardly achieve something if you only aim for drifts of 10k points or less.

3.) Speed and angle matters, as does using the boost.

4.) You can finish the current drift when time has run out; with an endless drift you can raise you score endlessly until you are bored.

5.) The drifts in the championship are all very easy (with the right car) and a good preparation for the special events; I recommend to finish the championships before seriously starting with the special events

Championship Drifts

For the drifts in Street Race category take the following videos as reference if you still find them too hard. Personally I found these trivial. The Supercars events are where it starts to get serious.

All you need to finish the Supercars events easily is the Street Racers car "Rally's Cool 72". Maxing it's stats certainly doesn't hurt.

Supercars - Nitrous Challenge Drift Event #1

[ame]

[/ame]

Supercars - Nitrous Challenge Drift Event #2

[ame]

[/ame]

Supercars - TTR Legend Cup Drift Event #1

[ame]

[/ame]

Supercars - TTR Legend Cup Drift Event #2

[ame]

[/ame]

Special Events

Here you are given a car that you cannot change. Therefore it's recommended to finish the championship first. You'll likely have enough money to buy and max out almost any car. I recommend to have the cars required for the events maxed out before you start, although I'm not sure if that even matters as the drifting physics of the car is what is important and neither speed nor acceleration. Still, I hereby let you know that I had all cars maxed out when I recorded the videos.

You'll see that for every track including the final 1,000,000 points track I found a "sweet spot" where I could drift indefinitely which is how I recommend to tackle these events.

The results are by no means high scores but what is easily achievable with little effort.

Cult Classics - Unthinkable II / Braking's Bad 334,804 Points!

[ame]

[/ame]

Street Races - Junk in da Trunk / Widowmaker 406,287 Points!

[ame]

[/ame]

Street Races - Back to the 80s / Tokyo Zero Stage 2 644,198 Points!

[ame]

[/ame]

Supercars - Back to the 80s / Mchandful P16 707,585 Points!

[ame]

[/ame]

Supercars - Chop Shop / Mchandful P16 1,014,229 Points!

[ame]

[/ame]

This last video is an alternative strategy to the 1,000,000 drift points video already provided in another thread. I personally find it easier and faster to do it in one spot instead of a continuous drift over the whole track but the room here is very tight (also thanks to the fast car) and it's definitely harder to master than the other ones. There are multiple potential spots around that corner but the exact loop you can see in this video is where I was immediately successful, while my previous attempts in front of the corner and further down the track always failed (with up to 600k points which is not event close to what is required).

Edited by i667090375202107

does tapping the brake help with the drift at all or is it literally just turning really hard while giving it gas?

edit: yeah, just driving in a circle on the braking bad one, i cant get it tight enough to do donuts or cause a drift and braking doesnt seem to be causing me to drift either. god i hate these events.

Edited by 8BitArtist

does tapping the brake help with the drift at all or is it literally just turning really hard while giving it gas?

You don't need to hit the brake to initiate a drift, but it helps with cars not so well suited for drifting. I hardly used the brake during drifts. Instead I didn't stay on the gas the whole time but tapped it or just released it for half a second to keep the drifting circle small and at the location I wanted it to be. I think it should be noticeable from the engine sound in my recordings.

Before I used the tactics shown in my videos I just drifted without any concept and noticed soon that I couldn't even reach 100,000 points this way. However if you try to apply what I did you should get the idea pretty quickly. I figured it out and finished all harder drifting events within about two hours (this is the whole time frame within which I recorded the videos above), so it really can't be said that the learning curve for this game is high.

Doing the championship events on 3 stars first (and with the proper car) should get you prepared for the harder special events in which you might want to drift in an endless circle.

Edited by i667090375202107

You don't need to hit the brake to initiate a drift, but it helps with cars not so well suited for drifting. I hardly used the brake during drifts. Instead I didn't stay on the gas the whole time but tapped it or just released it for half a second to keep the drifting circle small and at the location I wanted it to be. I think it should be noticeable from the engine sound in my recordings.

Before I used the tactics shown in my videos I just drifted without any concept and noticed soon that I couldn't even reach 100,000 points this way. However if you try to apply what I did you should get the idea pretty quickly. I figured it out and finished all harder drifting events within about two hours (this is the whole time frame within which I recorded the videos above), so it really can't be said that the learning curve for this game is high.

Doing the championship events on 3 stars first (and with the proper car) should get you prepared for the harder special events in which you might want to drift in an endless circle.

i honestly have no idea how youre getting it to drift in that area. this is me trying to drift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwlknsw2hD8

my engine isnt revving nearly as high as yours even though i have everything maxed out and im not getting anything to start a drift.

i honestly have no idea how youre getting it to drift in that area. this is me trying to drift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwlknsw2hD8

my engine isnt revving nearly as high as yours even though i have everything maxed out and im not getting anything to start a drift.

this is what i look like lol.... but i can get a good 130k out of a start run but i cant do a drift without boost

and i know this is the drifting thread but how do you get a boost at the start of the race i cant seem to get it hold R2 down at 1?2?3? or Go? or tab it?

Well I think with the bus you could stay at full gas since it's one of the lowest tier cars (with a weak engine). You should be able to control the size of your drifting circle by moving the left stick more or less strong to the right (or left in the other direction) while staying at full speed, if it feels like the drift ends just press L2 tightly once while continuing to stay on the gas and steering to the right (or left). It's a bit difficult for me to describe it in words but I actually don't feel a big difference to other arcade racers with drifting. If you can drift in Need for Speed (like NFS Rivals) you should get it working in a similar way here.

Have you done all the championship drift events already? It's definitely easier to use a car more suitable for drifting and once you get the hang of it in a drift car you should eventually feel comfortable with the bus.

@acemonkey87: I don't know how to get a boost from the start but I certainly didn't need it to pass every event with 3 stars. If you have troubles keeping up with the AI it's probably easier to look for shortcuts and use them. Many tracks have ridiculous shortcuts that skip a big part of the track, especially if you use the boing wheels.

Gah Doing that Constant Circle is tricky, can't get past 337 points (tottal) on the 1st one that only needs 400k,

don't even want to try the one that needs 1m.

Getting these last 6 "stars" are all i need for plat Bleh lol

Gah Doing that Constant Circle is tricky, can't get past 337 points (tottal) on the 1st one that only needs 400k,

don't even want to try the one that needs 1m.

Getting these last 6 "stars" are all i need for plat Bleh lol

same. serious lack of balance when i can drive with my eyes shut and obliterate the ai in everything. the whole game is essentially a time trial cuz im out dominating so bad. then you get to drift and restart over and over just to barely get a star.

same. serious lack of balance when i can drive with my eyes shut and obliterate the ai in everything. the whole game is essentially a time trial cuz im out dominating so bad. then you get to drift and restart over and over just to barely get a star.

The Mid- teir cars were much better at drifting as well,

And the constant doughnut made me sick XD

1. Special Event - Cult Classics Drift (Braking's Bad) VERY EASY

[ame]

[/ame]

2. Special Event - Sreet Racers Drift (Rally's Cool '72) VERY EASY

[ame]

[/ame]

3. Special Event - Sreet Racers Drift (Tokyo Zero Stage 2) VERY EASY

[ame]

[/ame]

1. Special Event - Cult Classics Drift (Braking's Bad) VERY EASY

2. Special Event - Sreet Racers Drift (Rally's Cool '72) VERY EASY

3. Special Event - Sreet Racers Drift (Tokyo Zero Stage 2) VERY EASY

What are the stats of your cars? I can't seem to maintain the drift while going in circles :/.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was struggling with the last drift.

I went to garage and noticed the "tuning" option where you press L1 and R1. I put top speed all the way down, left acceleration at maximum and put handling down as low as I could.

I got the 1 million points really easy after that just by feathering the throttle on and off in a steady rhythm.

Hope this helps.

Maybe the car "stats" will make it a bit easier. I've done it with these car stats and it was going very well.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2re0awp.jpg

I used your settings and I got it on the third try (after getting 600.000 and 700.000).

Thank you!!!!!!! :)

would of helped alot if the main poster put the specs down

anyways i got it by doing this

5 speed

full acceleration

2 handling

armor full

did a lap and right before finish line drifted in a doughnut, you have to get super lucky to get it going and your hand not to destroy your controller and slip off the joystick

Edited by melodicmizery

I'm not sure that it'll help, but I was having a good bit of difficulty with the Supercar events drifting for 400K & 1M points. In particular it was just the vehicle. I had settled into a good rhythm for drifting w/ other classes of cars, but I just could not get the green super car to match up with the other classes. I finally 3-starred them in a fully upgraded car, with my left stick held firmly somewhere between 7 & 8 on a clock dial (probably closer to 7) while tapping R2 very rapidly. I found that if I was doing it perfectly, I kept a near perfect circle & would not come close to falling off the side or hitting objects. If I was getting too close to one of those, then I'd try to give a slight bit more gas when moving away from it then immediately go back into the rapid tapping rhythm. I got the 1M points on approximately my 8th attempt upon figuring the rhythm out. So, even if you figure it out, it's not a given that you'll be able to maintain it for that long. GL!

I'm not sure that it'll help, but I was having a good bit of difficulty with the Supercar events drifting for 400K & 1M points. In particular it was just the vehicle. I had settled into a good rhythm for drifting w/ other classes of cars, but I just could not get the green super car to match up with the other classes. I finally 3-starred them in a fully upgraded car, with my left stick held firmly somewhere between 7 & 8 on a clock dial (probably closer to 7) while tapping R2 very rapidly. I found that if I was doing it perfectly, I kept a near perfect circle & would not come close to falling off the side or hitting objects. If I was getting too close to one of those, then I'd try to give a slight bit more gas when moving away from it then immediately go back into the rapid tapping rhythm. I got the 1M points on approximately my 8th attempt upon figuring the rhythm out. So, even if you figure it out, it's not a given that you'll be able to maintain it for that long. GL!

Actually, the 1MIO drift with supercars is supereasy !!! You dont need to tap anything, you just circle with full throtle, I will tell you how !

1. DEactivate all your upgrades on the green car, so you are having basic car with NO upgrades.

2. Get on a speficic spot (yes, that one that is showed in all videos according this method).

3. just "enter" drift mode (with L2) and hold R2 fully down, and left stick fully RIGHT (if you are making circles clockwise)

I did this method and I made it in first attempt !! Finding the right spot is all that mathers, when you find it, you just hold R2 down and left stick right and wait for 1 million points :)

I know it can be depressing with tapping, because 1 mio is a long journey and u usually lose that momentum somewhere between.

Good luck all :cool:

P.S. this trick (Full Throthle) works with other cars aswell, except one, I think its the Special event YO Shushi drift, where I had to add some upgrades on speed and accelerations and handling I think.

VIDEO GUIDE::

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by PumaDrifter
adding video

I managed to get all the drift events to 3 stars last night in about 15 mins. The key was to adjust the cars stats to around:

Max Speed 4-5

Acceleration Max

Handling as low as possible

Armour doesn't matter but I had it at max.

Using these stats you should be able to get 3 stars within a couple of attempts.

Actually, the 1MIO drift with supercars is supereasy !!! You dont need to tap anything, you just circle with full throtle, I will tell you how !

1. DEactivate all your upgrades on the green car, so you are having basic car with NO upgrades.

2. Get on a speficic spot (yes, that one that is showed in all videos according this method).

3. just "enter" drift mode and hold R2 fully down, and left stick fully left (if you are making circles clockwise)

I did this method and I made it in first attempt !! Finding the right spot is all that mathers, when you find it, you just hold R2 down and left stick left and wait for 1 million points :)

I know it can be depressing with tapping, because 1 mio is a long journey and u usually lose that momentum somewhere between.

P.S. this trick (Full Throthle) works with other cars aswell, except one, I think its the Special event YO Shushi drift, where I had to add some upgrades on speed and accelerations and handling I think.

i did this and got it first try, thanks

actually, the 1mio drift with supercars is supereasy !!! You dont need to tap anything, you just circle with full throtle, i will tell you how !

1. Deactivate all your upgrades on the green car, so you are having basic car with no upgrades.

3. Just "enter" drift mode and hold r2 fully down, and left stick fully left (if you are making circles clockwise)

i did this method and i made it in first attempt !! Finding the right spot is all that mathers, when you find it, you just hold r2 down and left stick left and wait for 1 million points :)

i know it can be depressing with tapping, because 1 mio is a long journey and u usually lose that momentum somewhere between.

P.s. This trick (full throthle) works with other cars aswell, except one, i think its the special event yo shushi drift, where i had to add some upgrades on speed and accelerations and handling i think.

you helped me alot,

i did your method and i got it in the second or third attempt.

Thank you so much bro :) :D