Sprinting makes my character run slower?

Darkrider9

Anyone know why this happens? About half the time I hold down the stick to sprint, it will move my character super slowly for about 2 seconds and I'll have to re-sprint to get back to normal walking pace. I've died plenty of times due to this. The walk speed when this happens in comparable to being over-encumbered in a Bethesda game.

This happening for anyone else?

Edit: Also, does anyone know: If you get all Dee's letters as soon as you get your hacking upgrade, can you beat the game without doing the "Save the girl" quest? So basically is the church section optional?

Edited by Darkrider9

Anyone know why this happens? About half the time I hold down the stick to sprint, it will move my character super slowly for about 2 seconds and I'll have to re-sprint to get back to normal walking pace. I've died plenty of times due to this. The walk speed when this happens in comparable to being over-encumbered in a Bethesda game.

Edit: Also, does anyone know: If you get all Dee's letters as soon as you get your hacking upgrade, can you beat the game without doing the "Save the girl" quest? So basically is the church section optional?

No you need arena :(

• 2 weeks later...

It might be because you actually have to keep your stick pressed, unlike in games like Call of Duty where you can basically press it and it will remember it as being pressed.

In this game the mechanics aren't that smooth, its a WiiU port :o

Also, no, you have to do the church section. It isn't that hard if you play it right.

Start by picking up all handgun ammo before picking up the gun and ammo that are together on the pedestal. Picking these up will trigger the event.

There's 1 in the fenced area with two doors to your left.

There's 2 on the car where the left caged zombie is.

There's 1 by the thrash on the other side. Maybe 2 can't recall atm.

There's 2 in the church:

1 to the left, in a tire.

1 behind the right door of the church.

Don't try to pick these 2 up untill you've killed all the zombies in this area

Now you've picked up all the ammo you can get at this point. Pick up the gun and ammo and run back to where you woke up.

Wait till all 3 zombies are almost at the red fuel can and shoot it. Don't get too close it destroys your health! It will take about 1-2 seconds before it blows so keep that in mind when getting them into postition.

The trick is to use as few bullets as possible so you have as many bullets as possible when you actually need them.

So if you did it right and got all 3 with the fuel can, there will spawn 2 more zombies in the church.

1 of them is an explosive one, shoot him in the stomach-chest area and he will explode, killing them both.

Now 4 more zombies will spawn, 1 explosive one. You can try to get as many of the cop zombies around him and shoot him, or shoot him right away killing 2, and deal with the other 2 afterwards. The best option is to kill as many as possible with the exploding one though.

If you got them all you'll get some time to breathe, and to pick up that ammo in the church!

Progress through the gate and pick up the ammo on top of the car to the right, 15 bullets, really important stuff.

Pick up the mine and flare next to the bus, you could use the mine to kill the 3 zombies in the cage,

Dont place it next to the cage though it will explode immediately.

EVERYTHING THAT EXPLODES IN THIS GAME DESTROYS YOUR HEALTH BE CAREFUL WITH MINES, GRENADES, FUEL CANS, EXPLODING ZOMBIES, FALLING FROM HEIGHTS, ETC. I know ladders take hours to climb but I'm sure you'd rather climb a ladder than play through 3 quarter of the game again. Of course this only goes for Survivor mode.

Now pick up the mines on top of the bus. A couple more groups of zombies will spawn.

You can use this spot to let them come to you and place mines to get rid off them easily or you could try to lure them to the fuel cans in the main area and use them to your advantage.

Now when this guy tells you to hit the FUN button, watch out because after the cutscene 2 zombies, of which an exploding one, will come from behind.

Run forward, turn around and shoot the exploding one killing them both.

Now before hitting the button, place a mine in front of the door with, its pretty obvious, a group of zombies behind it.

Hit the button and watch them all get blown to pieces. Done :applause: