Poll Tournament Central

Slamma

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Will won’t do another OST poll so soon. But yes, we are considering the next iteration for subscribers jk lol

Three months later and only now noticing this, getting triggered, then seeing what I should be seeing in the quote.

#polltourneywhen? We can ban staytrue if that helps.

Three months later and only now noticing this, getting triggered, then seeing what I should be seeing in the quote.

#polltourneywhen? We can ban staytrue if that helps.

I was just thinking about this in the past couple of days, actually. Get outta my mind!

Soon, hopefully.

• 3 months later...
Future tournament ideas!

- Best video game weapons (no real world weapons though)

- Best video game robots

All I got for now. :coffee:

You ideas have been noted and will be considered in future Poll Tournament events.

Thank you!

This automated message brought to you by Shia LeBeouf.

Took nearly three years to happen. I look forward to the robot noms in 2022!

• 3 months later...
What about favorite videogame race track or favorite videogame fighter stage? Maybe most 'tragic' moment in a video game?

I would be more open to the latter suggestion. Racing and fighting games are both niche genres which I think would lead to more "I haven't heard of game X so I'm voting for game Y" votes instead actual insightful opinions. Not to say that isn't the case with most of these polls, just saying that the likelihood of it occurring with niche genres has a higher probability.

The biggest concern I would have with "most tragic moment" is the number of spoilers that would accompany the nomination/voting threads. Not to say it can't be done, but I would be wary of doing so. It could certainly be handled in a capacity where the spoilers themselves aren't made easily accessible. For example: the thread titles would just consist of game names and the nominated moments could be hidden in spoilers. The nominations could be done through a private form so that the moments wouldn't need to be posted publically (to avoid those spoilers).

So yes, it is certainly a possibility. Thank you for the idea

• 3 weeks later...

What about hottest male/female character in gaming? Or best video game ending? (dancing around spoilery stuff again)

So yes, it is certainly a possibility. Thank you for the idea

Glad to hear that! I totally agree with there being too many spoilers. There would just need to be a censorship. And I understand when it comes to the fighting and racing games.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Slamma said:

I've added some boss fight videos to the OP of each poll. So if you are voting a certain way simply because you haven't played a game with the other boss, now you at least have a video to reference since searching YouTube is very difficult.

Thanks. I've decided to vote on all of them and these videos will help.

The video you provided for Skolas was someone going back to it after new expansions allowed you to level up and new weapons allowed for cheesing. Not really reflective of the original difficulty or helping my case, haha!

Anyone, here's a good one.

Edited by AshtimusPrime
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Call me needy @Slamma, but in future could you post in here when new polls are put up? Missed a few that I'm disappointed about because I thought with your back issues etc this was on the backburner (wahey) for a little bit.

Not sure if it's just me that only really browses the forum based on notifications rather than going into all the sub-forums every now and then!

In fact, any chance you could re-open the locked Round 1 poll? Each one only has like 6-10 votes which isn't great, maybe now the newsletter has jogged people's memory we could get more eyes and opinions?

Edited by Darth_Krid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Is there a compiled list of all the tournaments' results? I am only seeing 4 on the first page of this thread. 

No, I haven't gotten around to that yet.

EDIT: Whiiiiiiich I won't be able to organize nicely as I have in the past since i can't insert new posts... gonna have to rearrange it a bit and consolidate posts...

EDIT2: I've added all current polls and results here:

14 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Call me needy @Slamma, but in future could you post in here when new polls are put up?

You're needy.

14 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

In fact, any chance you could re-open the locked Round 1 poll? Each one only has like 6-10 votes which isn't great, maybe now the newsletter has jogged people's memory we could get more eyes and opinions?

Thought about it... and no, I'm going to leave them locked. The results have already been submitted for the next round's graphics and the ones that are locked already have pretty hefty leads that won't change with a few more votes.

Edited by Slamma
  • Like 1