No Trophies for The Last Maharajah DLC

I don't get season passes as a general rule unless they are outrageously cheap (like 50%+ off). But now I still have to buy the Jack the Ripper DLC for $14.99. I really hope this goes on sale. Still waiting for the AC Revelations DLC to go on sale again. I've waited this long...

You can get them for free in the Hong Kong store. That's what I did... and glad I didn't pay for them because they're not worth it.

You know, far less than the DLC aspect, I'm more upset about the lack of follow-on or AAA+++ grade content. Last year? By *FAR!!!!!* Unity's best aspect? The mechanics and game play presented in the DLC follow up pack.

This year? Same exact deal. The mechanics and game play of the Ripper pack - the fear stuff, yet even the tone/setting/narrative - far surpassed most all of Syndicate proper. I'm far more depressed that goes out the window -again- than a lack of trophies here, with this.

All the same, the freaking mystery/investigations side missions in Unity/Syndicate? Should have their own darned spin off title by this point.

Instead...? Well, instead, we get a year off and it sounds/appears as though they'll hit a big, fat old reset button on the series when it returns. You just know, the next AC is going to be more action oriented whilst following up on the theatrical film - seeking to appeal to a new, different, and Ubisoft believes/prays, far larger audience. The odds AC gets a Syndicate/franchise follow up or sequel over a shallow attempt at a merger of Far Cry/Watch Dogs with a little AC thrown in... seem pretty bloody high.

And all of these various things, far more than this DLC not having trophies, is the real crying shame from my vantage point. But yeah, it also sucks for all of us that paid for the season pass sight unseen not to have Ubisoft take a couple workdays of budget to factor in a few bloody trophies for this, all the very same. A crying shame, all the way around... such being the generalized state of affairs for AC of late, so it's fitting.

Edit to add: Then again, what game have I been playing/going for the Plat this past week...? Far Cry Primal. So I suppose Ubisoft already owns me and my soul, or else I'm just an absolute and unabashed idiot.

Edited by Coladar

• 3 weeks later...

^^ in regards to what he said, next week could be a time ot get it. it isn't always the case, but i noticed fairly frequently, the uk will have a weekly sale the week before us. currently there is a massive dlc sale happening, so potentially next week this may be on sale. included in that sale is ac: syndicate, ac: black flag, and fc4, games mentioned above by ubisoft :) like i said, jsut keep an eye out in case.

• 2 weeks later...

Still on sale in the Uk store for £5.99 JTG Standalone.

Sooo glad I saw this thread first because I nearly picked up the complete season pass for £14.99. Still a terrible price even after discount. Terrible Ubi.

I picked up a used copy of Syndicate today on a whim for only £12, so I've got the complete trophy set for a bargain price and I feel really bad now for all the other trophy hunters who got stung so badly by the season pass on this one.

• 1 month later...
It is a habit now with Ubi, it happened with pretty much most of their last games:

- Watch Dogs only has trophies for one DLC

- Far Cry 4 too

- AC Unity... but well he only had one story DLC

And they put their DLC on sale a lot, so think twice before buying Ubi season passes.

Yeah, noticed that with their DLC. Bought Bad Blood for Watch_Dogs for cheap before it went back up.

• 4 weeks later...

Reminds me of AC II's DLC and AC: Brotherhood's Copernicus DLC. Both didn't have trophies.

Still the missions were sort of fun... Had a really bad glitch on one mission and had to restart from scratch to fix it. The guy in the gold vault kept died and when I restarted checkpoint, he would just die.

Kind of feel like it should have been in the game in the first place, since the story makes it seem like Evie has more of a relationship with Duleep than what is provided in the main game.

• 6 months later...

Sony COULD, as apart of their submission standards, require trophies for story (as opposed to of characters and skins) DLC so we wouldn't have this weird value proposition come up. Has anyone actually played the DLC? Curious to hear from trophy hunters that found value in it despite the lack of meta-score boosters.

• 8 months later...
Has anyone actually played the DLC? Curious to hear from trophy hunters that found value in it despite the lack of meta-score boosters.

Very late reply here. It's pretty average at its best - buggy, poor animation, lacklustre writing and the missions aren't anything that different from the rest of AC:S.

Maybe the lack of trophies was a dev's way of warning us away :think:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...