Pokémon Sun and Moon

ShadowStar83x

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro10161.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro10162.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro10163.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro10164.jpg

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them.

The name of the Pokémon Rockruff evolves into is Lugarugan and has a different appearance based on if it evolves in Day or in Night. It notes that Rockruff becomes the Day form when bathed in the rays of the sun and when full of the night's power, it becomes the Night form.

There are also two Ultra Beasts called UB02, UB02 Beauty and UB02 Expansion. In the scan, it shows UB02 Expansion appearing in Pokémon Sun, facing off against Tapu Koko and UB02 Beauty facing off against Tapu Koko in Pokémon Moon. . We'll bring more as it comes

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i.imgur.com/lKo3lFG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bkTivgl.jpg

New images of CoroCoro have come out showcasing more of Lugarugan. In it, it shows the Midday Form being obtained in Pokémon Sun and the Midnight Form being obtained in Pokémon Moon. It also says that Midday Form has a move called AccelRock while Midnight Form has got the move Counter. We'll bring more as it comes

Am I the only one who gets more nervous about the game as more details are revealed?

My only slight worry are the absence of Gym's/Elite 4/Champions. I know we have the Captains and kahuna's but I don't know, it's a brave step away from the formula and whilst I'm still really anticipating the game, I'm a bit wary of it as well.

My only slight worry are the absence of Gym's/Elite 4/Champions. I know we have the Captains and kahuna's but I don't know, it's a brave step away from the formula and whilst I'm still really anticipating the game, I'm a bit wary of it as well.

I don't mind a one gen deviation from that tried and true formula. It's fresh, I like it. Hope it's really cool and encourages them to explore other ways to defeat eight big shots in the future. Though I still have my fingers cross we can go to a previous region a la Gen II.

I agree not so much about the Gym Leaders (although I would hope if they are to be absent from these games we get something to mark our progression in their place) but more so with the Elite Four. If we don't have that or some grand final battle I'll be pretty bummed out.

Though I still have my fingers cross we can go to a previous region a la Gen II.

I'm not so keen about returning to older regions but like ShadowStar83x, I too am nervous, specifically that Sun and Moon could be yet another set of games to have lackluster postgame content. There's really no reason fans of the series should have to point fingers at Gen II and reminiscence on how great the postgame was there, especially not over a decade later.

As I said I don't care so much about exploring older regions, but I want something to explore and lots of additional stuff to do. Especially on a region based on Hawaii, what with islands and all. Hell, even something akin to the Sevii Islands from FireRed and LeafGreen would be fine. Just give us something! :|

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/media/uploads/sept_20_assets/passimian.png

Passimian is a Pokémon that only appears in Pokémon Sun. If you’re playing Pokémon Moon, you can obtain it by trading with someone playing Pokémon Sun.

Passimian live in troops of 20 to 30 individuals, all following a leader. This leader will take 10 of the individuals in the best condition to search for food. The troop’s teamwork is strong, and the boss of each troop decides what mark members will wear on their arms to distinguish the troops.

The boss puts the troop members through training to improve their coordination with one another and their skill in handling Berries. Apparently this training is so hard that some Passimian end up running away.

Lobbing Berries at foes is how Passimian attack. They sometimes work in coordination with others, passing Berries back and forth to bewilder their opponents. Passimian don’t just pitch hard Berries at opponents, either—they also have a technique that uses soft Berries to obscure their opponent’s ability to see.

Passimian wants its Trainer to have the qualities of a leader as well. It watches a Trainer’s form closely when he or she throws Poké Balls, and will not listen to the orders of a Trainer with poor form.

Passimian has a new Ability, Receiver, which no other Pokémon has previously had. With the Receiver Ability, this Pokémon can inherit the Ability of an ally who faints in battle.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/media/uploads/sept_20_assets/oranguru.png

Oranguru is a Pokémon that appears only in Pokémon Moon. If you’re playing Pokémon Sun, you can obtain it by trading with someone playing Pokémon Moon.

Oranguru live solitary lives deep in the forests and do not usually take much action. Instead, they position themselves high up in the trees to meditate. Long ago, people thought that Oranguru were humans who dwelled in the forest depths, so they called them “the people of the forests.” Oranguru is kind to the other Pokémon living in the forest, providing medicine for injured Pokémon and food for the hungry.

Oranguru sometimes act on their own initiative and will use items that only humans normally use. From a Trainer’s perspective, they can be hard Pokémon to handle at times. Allegedly, there have been sightings of Oranguru using Poké Balls!

The fan-like objects held by Oranguru are handmade by the Oranguru themselves. These fans appear to be made of layers of leaves bound together with Oranguru’s own fur.

Instruct is a move that only Oranguru can learn. It can make the selected target use its most recent move again immediately.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/media/uploads/sept_20_assets/lycanroc_midday_770x562.png

When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form. In the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form.

Lycanroc lives solo in mountains and deserts, not creating a pack. Each has its own territory, and they live without interfering with one another, which helps to avoid unnecessary fights.

Lycanroc obeys its Trainer’s orders dutifully. In particular, if a Trainer accepted it during its more rebellious pre-Evolution period, Lycanroc will never ever betray that Trainer and will be the most loyal of partners.

The Midday Form Lycanroc is known for speedy movements that leave its opponents bewildered. It dodges opponents’ strikes while attacking with the sharp rocks of its mane as it slips right past them.

Accelerock is a move that only Midday Form Lycanroc can learn. It slams into an opponent with quick moves. This move is guaranteed to strike first!

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/media/uploads/sept_20_assets/lycanroc_midnight_770x562.png

When Rockruff is bathed in an abundance of lunar energy, it evolves into its Midnight Form. In the world of Pokémon Moon, Lunala’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form.

Midnight Form Lycanroc provokes its opponents by pressing in hard and inviting their attack. When an opponent falls for this tactic and attacks, Lycanroc counters with its forte: a single devastating blow that finishes off its foe! The stronger its opponent is, the more excited for battle Lycanroc becomes. It doesn’t mind getting hurt if it means victory in battle. Battles thrill it so much that its eyes glow.

Contempt rises in this Pokémon for Trainers who give orders it doesn’t agree with or who try to force it to battle. On the other hand, it will feel a deep trust in a Trainer who can truly draw forth its power in battle.

Counter is a move that Rockruff can learn when it evolves into Midnight Form Lycanroc. When Lycanroc takes physical damage from an opponent, it deals double that damage back to the same opponent.

~ Serebii

The Pokémon Company today reuploaded a trailer for Pokémon Bank, but within this trailer's description, it stated the timing for the special update to Pokémon Bank that will add support for Pokémon Sun & Moon, as well as Pokémon Red, Green, Blue & Yellow. This update is currently tentatively schedule for January 2017, later than the autumn timing that was stated in the Pokémon Direct back in February. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to keep checking back

Duuuuudddeee I want a Passimian! Luckily I'm getting Sun, so his spot on my Hall of Fame is all but assured :p

EDIT: I am so out of loop. I just now learned we're getting a Volcanion event in October. That was announced at the beginning of August. Can't wait! I'm on a mission to get one of every single Pokemon. I've never completed a Pokedex, but I felt it would be more cool to go beyond that. Especially since I can eventually send them to Sun. I'm at 626. I just completed Gen I today and have three to go in Gen II. Volcanion is all I need for Gen VI. The Diancie and Hoopa I have came from GTS, so their legitimacy leaves a lot to be desired. For now, they're good enough, but would like to get my own. I missed their previous events. Hoping they'll replace the Regi Trio in the PokeBank come November.

EDIT2: It takes a lot of grinding in Victory road though. So many evolutions! Thankfully we have EXP share. Through that I got my Greninja, Haxorus and Charizard to level 100. Never reached 100 with a Pokemon previously. Now I'm working on Yveltal (78 now). Volcanion or MewTwo might be next.

Edited by mcolwander90

EDIT2: It takes a lot of grinding in Victory road though. So many evolutions! Thankfully we have EXP share. Through that I got my Greninja, Haxorus and Charizard to level 100. Never reached 100 with a Pokemon previously. Now I'm working on Yveltal (78 now). Volcanion or MewTwo might be next.

All that grinding paid off! I caught a shiny Druddigon! My 3rd caught shiny! I also have a shiny Pidgey and Furfrou :)

EDIT: I am so out of loop. I just now learned we're getting a Volcanion event in October. That was announced at the beginning of August. Can't wait! I'm on a mission to get one of every single Pokemon. I've never completed a Pokedex, but I felt it would be more cool to go beyond that. Especially since I can eventually send them to Sun. I'm at 626. I just completed Gen I today and have three to go in Gen II. Volcanion is all I need for Gen VI. The Diancie and Hoopa I have came from GTS, so their legitimacy leaves a lot to be desired. For now, they're good enough, but would like to get my own. I missed their previous events. Hoping they'll replace the Regi Trio in the PokeBank come November.

Well considering they have had all the 20th anniversary events this year, it's made getting the event pokes pretty easy. It was such a pain getting em before because you needed a Pokemon of equivalent value to trade which is almost impossible to get without an event in the first place!

And I remember all the grinding! I completed the pokedex and then went back to actually owning 1 of every Pokemon in my PC (not just evolutions). Soo much breeding and training. Worth it though. Good luck!

Well considering they have had all the 20th anniversary events this year, it's made getting the event pokes pretty easy. It was such a pain getting em before because you needed a Pokemon of equivalent value to trade which is almost impossible to get without an event in the first place!

And I remember all the grinding! I completed the pokedex and then went back to actually owning 1 of every Pokemon in my PC (not just evolutions). Soo much breeding and training. Worth it though. Good luck!

Thanks! Yeah, I got my 3DS and Y in March, so I luckily showed up right from the start of the 20-event (was still able to get a Mew code). There was also the Regi Trio you could get from the PokeBank, that made life a little easier ($5 and I was going to use it anyways, why not?) as well as the bird trio from the newsletter.

I'm almost at the point where I've evolved all I can at the moment. Then its back to breeding some more. I have 646 different Pokemon in my PC now at just over 190 hours in haha. I have four more Pokemon to evolve via trade and one more that needs friendship. A lot of the others I'm missing can be obtained through my older brother's Omega Ruby. Just got to convince him to let me haha. Still have to wait until December for Meloetta, so I can't get all 721 before I get Sun.

Earlier today, Nintendo Japan uploaded a new episode of their special Neko Mario Time (Cat Mario Show) Youtube show and at the end of the show there was a segment on Alolan Exeggutor. In this segment, it showecased a brand new move both for Exeggutor and the game, which was seen un-named in the August 1st reveal of Alolan Exeggutor. This move is called Dragon Hammer (ドラゴンハンマー) and was seen taking down an Exeggcute in one hit. Full details of the move are forthcoming but the move has been added to our pre-release attack page. Click the image to go to the page

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/exeggutor.jpg

Whoa, awesome trailer. Lol at Rowlet's evolution parting his hair XD. Torracat is pretty sick as well, and it looks like it could remain quadrupedal which goes against the leaks. I hope that's true because I'd much prefer a quadrupedal final form.

So Ash Greninja is a thing, and it's a special Greninja with a hidden ability from the looks of it. Interesting.

All I ever wanted was an extremely goofy looking Jester/Clown water starter. Not this pop star business. It's like the game wants me to go against my tradition of always picking water starter :pout:

EDIT: But at least it's not a rich preppy white boy.

EDIT2: Have no need for Ash-Greninja. I trained my Pokemon Y Greninja to level 100. If I'm using any Greninja, I'm using that one.

EDIT3: And before anyone says anything, I would've been cool with a goofy feminine looking clown/jester water starter. It would be badass and remind me of Child of Light. I don't like the singer/idol angle.

Edited by mcolwander90

Dartrix looks like a douchebag, Brionne doesn't do its initial form much favors. Loving Torracat. Hopefully, as stated, its final form is a quadruped. I know the rumors show otherwise.

I'm in the extreme minority that really loves Popplio's design. It's not cute or cool like every other starter ever. It's straight up goofy. A real breath of fresh air and I'd love to see more goofy looking starters in the future. I'd be extremely disappointed if that goofy starter becomes the beautiful/elegant Siren/Mermaid the leaks have led us to believe. So uninspired. Brionne being the "Pop Star Pokemon" as oppose to the "Talented Pokemon," "Show Pokemon" or "Stage Pokemon" all but assures the leak designs being true.

Now, Brionne's design, the more I've thought about, could still have a clown/jester 3rd stage like I've been dreaming of. It'd be way more consistent than the leak design. However, it may require the split evolution like most are hoping for. I love the idea of Rowlet's final stages being Robin Hood and a wealthy looking Owl (to play on the Robin Hood story).

I guess we'll all find out next week when the demo gets data mined like ORAS. I still have my fingers crossed.

Think I have changed my mind and may go with Rowlett, I really am not liking the design of Brionne, it looks like some kind o seal performer.

I also don't like how neither Brionne or Terrocat don't gain a second typing, it would suck if they stuck as Pure Water/Fire. Though I am tempted to trade with my brother to get all 3 starters right at the start of the game :p

Think I have changed my mind and may go with Rowlett, I really am not liking the design of Brionne, it looks like some kind o seal performer.

I also don't like how neither Brionne or Terrocat don't gain a second typing, it would suck if they stuck as Pure Water/Fire. Though I am tempted to trade with my brother to get all 3 starters right at the start of the game :p

They'll most likely get a second typing in their 3rd evolution like they did in X & Y.