Would I like this game?

Cold Fusion

Question, seeing as how this game is on sale in the european store, i'm actually a bit interested in playing a call of duty game....I've never played a cod before, but looking at some visuals, the game does look pretty cool. i'm not much of a mp person, so for me, it'll mostly be about the single player campaign, and maybe trying the mp at some point.

what I did take from the rather older review, is that on ps4 the game has frame rate issues, but other than that, there wasn't enough in most reviews to actually make a fair judgement on it.

so, would anybody recommend this game as a first cod, or would I need to play others to get the story, or try a different one? also, it's FPS, can you change it to third person, or is it always fps?

any information would be appreciated.

so, would anybody recommend this game as a first cod, or would I need to play others to get the story, or try a different one? also, it's FPS, can you change it to third person, or is it always fps?

any information would be appreciated.

This wouldn't be a bad CoD to start on and you don't need to play any of the other ones to understand this one; Ghosts is a standalone CoD. This game is always first person.

I don't really mind the campaign of this CoD, it gets the job done. The ending is pretty ridiculous, but I don't want to spoil anything. The multiplayer was a letdown for me, the maps were way too big! Extinction is a fun little game mode as well, I've still got to get the rest of the DLC trophies.

How much are they selling it for, btw?

This wouldn't be a bad CoD to start on and you don't need to play any of the other ones to understand this one; Ghosts is a standalone CoD. This game is always first person.

I don't really mind the campaign of this CoD, it gets the job done. The ending is pretty ridiculous, but I don't want to spoil anything. The multiplayer was a letdown for me, the maps were way too big! Extinction is a fun little game mode as well, I've still got to get the rest of the DLC trophies.

How much are they selling it for, btw?

it's in the store for:

Call of Duty Ghost: Gold Edition -- €27,99

Call of Duty Ghost + season pass -- €43,99

a lot of these games are on sale, but through the recommendations of a friend, i think I'll just leave them; the price is good though. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you've bought it yet or not, but here's my opinion since I've played a lot of COD games on PS3/PS4 (all of them actually!).

COD Ghosts maps in MP are very big for a COD game. There's a map that looks like an old English castle and ruins, which is ridiculously big and also very open (would've been good as a small Battlefield map actually), so I'd say get used to sniper and assault rifles. If you look up how to quickscope, you'll be sure to annoy the hell out of a lot of gamers!

At first, I didn't like the Extinction mode. I loved zombies in the Treyarch COD games. But now, I've tried Extinction again and it's actually a very fun mode - but you do need a very good team to do well. Also, unlike zombies, you can actually complete a game of Extinction.

The campaign in Ghosts is very odd to say the least. As one person has already said, the ending is incredible lol. I'd say just get the game and enjoy it.

Last but not least, I'd say Ghosts is the least COD-like COD game. The MP maps are mostly medium-large, which isn't normal for COD; and the way you unlock guns and stuff is with "squad points", which you gain very easily per game. My advice is to go for guns with a very good range rather than fire rate if you're good at aiming. If not, any SMG will do!

The campaign is ok. If you're looking to experience a CoD campaign I'd go with either World at War or Modern Warfare (start on the first), or Advanced Warfare if you want something newer (Kevin Spacey OMG). The story in Ghosts gets a little crazy, and without any spoilers, ends on something of a cliffhanger. If you're looking for a complete campaign experience, I'd personally not suggest Ghosts (at least not if you're attempting to get a real feel for what CoD is normally like).

Ghosts is the only CoD that I've actually bothered to max prestige on, and that's saying a lot considering how much I play CoD (prior to Ghosts I just didn't prestige). I found the MP to be extremely enjoyable.

And as far as extra modes go, Ghosts is the tops IMO; Alien Extinction is beautiful. I could play that shit all day.

• 6 months later...