The Mummy (2017)

Blaze Naruto Shippuden

• 9 months later...

Very lukewarm reaction from me. I like the look of the 'Mummy' and Boutella in general - hope they don't make her do any Enchantress dance wiggles - but this trailer makes it come across as a generic action film starring Tom Cruise more than a film about 'The Mummy.'

Did anyone else notice they also used the same damn scream sound effect twice? Could have just used the Wilhelm scream and I would have been fine with it. :coffee:

Also, I bet there's a big teleport thing at the end. Anyone wanna bet there's a big teleport thing in a city with falling skyscrapers at the end? :whistle:

Now Universal is trying to create a cinematic universe with their properties? Haha, good luck. As of right now this first entry doesn't look too promising.

They've done it before. Universal dominated back in the 1930s and 40s. That was the golden age of horror films before they died down in the late 50s with the new age of sci-fi horror.

Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, House of Frankenstein, House of Dracula, Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein, etc. They can do it again. I'd love to see the Universal Monsters come back for a new age.

• Like 1

I thought Dracula:Untold was good. Not great but I like it.

Universal is copying Marvel and DC and trying to create their own cinematic universe. This reboot of the Mummy will be the first film to start building their shared universe of the Universal monsters. So get ready for reboots of all the classic Universal monsters.

• 3 months later...

[ame]

[/ame]

On May 16th, Universal is releasing Mummy box sets on bluray (both the classic series and the remake series).

There's the classic films (The 1932 Mummy, The Mummy's Hand, The Mummy's Tomb, The Mummy's Ghost, The Mummy's Curse, Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy):

https://www.amazon.com/The-Mummy-Complete-Legacy-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B06VYGFK9M?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-030-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B06VYGFK9M&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

----------

This one's The Ultimate Mummy Collection (The 1999 Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, and The Scorpion King):

https://www.amazon.com/The-Mummy-Ultimate-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B06WVK15BK?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-011-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B06WVK15BK&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

----------

And here's a 4K set which features The 1999 Mummy, The Mummy Returns, and Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. No Scorpion King:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Mummy-Trilogy-4K-Blu-ray/dp/B06WD8YS8M?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-030-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B06WD8YS8M&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...