Update

+3 (P):

Blue Reflection

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (PS4)

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5)

Very conflicted about GotG counting since it felt not at all like an RPG in any sense of the word to me, but hey, free points. :shrugs:

Also as the guy who tends to vouch for Rata games and the like counting for genre leaderboards, I can actually easily advocate for excluding the Our Church and Halloween games specifically on the basis that Breakthrough Gaming is literally just splitting the game up into god knows how many "games" for the sake of plat spam like they do with the rest of their catalog, and not even in the FFVII Remake way where each part is an actual game unto itself. At least with Rata games, the piss-easy plat that you can get in 30-60 minutes is attached to a complete game. :rofl:

Only way it could ethically count is if you required every single "game" in the "series" for a single point, and with how they've now moved into releasing "Challenge Mode" versions of the levels of their already-released games, who even knows when that'll be possible.

Edited by Walt the Dog

23 hours ago, YokA_sun said:

I'd like to recommend a game that's currently on sale, named Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands. It's $1.99 now. Best dollar I spent. It's apparently a  Zelda-like game made by a single person. It reminds me how much I miss the zelda like games on PS. The last memorable one was probably 3D heroes. Although I am not even remotely interested in switch, I do enjoy zelda and hope there could be more clones on PS.  Anyone know some good zelda like games on PS? 

P.S. it's Zelda clone but it's very much role playing at the same time. I would rate the platinum difficulty 4. Definitely worth the time. 

its already on the leaderboard. i vouched for it a long while ago.

It's been mentioned a few posts ago, but Far Cry 6 should be eligible I think since New Dawn is and it's similar in terms of RPG elements, so I'll just submit it! 

+3

Far Cry 6 (PS5)

Far Cry 6 (PS4)

Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Thanks!

Edited by Easty
  • Like 1

I've been having so much fun with Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on Vita these past few weeks. Has no one here played it? I used Crtl+F in the archives but it didn't turn up any results, so either no one has played it, or at the very least, no one here has gotten the plat, which to be fair is quite a long one. 

I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now. The fact that certain RPGs are simply stranded on PS3/Vita has made them more appealing to me, made them more important to buy and "rescue". One of those games is Ar Tonelico Qoga on PS3. I found a copy on Ebay that's relatively fair priced, for a game that's unavailable digitally. The only thing giving me pause is the "fanservice" in the game. I'm generally against "fanservice", so I have doubts if this is a game for me or not. Do any of you here that have played it have any opinions, advice for me? Is the "fanservice" too much in this game? I've heard positive things about the story and characters, and if I were to play it, I'd read a summary of the first two games (from PS2) beforehand. And then afterwards I'd probably keep my eye on Ar Nosurge on Vita to continue playing in this universe ,if I were to be so keen. @fisty123@Arturia@AppleKratue@Archavia@Hogger@neosnake101@Shirou@Tosmasta00(sorry for tagging you all!)

You have not tagged me so i don't know if you want to know my Opinion about these two Games i played (and like any else have no Platinum) But im online right now :D

- Oreshika:

Since you need the Years ongoing and manageing evrything its kinda loosy to keep track. Its long since i play this but something wirth Birth was involving it. I found the Game verry confusing.

- Ar Tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel

The Fanservice is really low in this Game. It has a really nice Story and i was more than once thinking of a Replay.

19 minutes ago, Meikoro said:

You have not tagged me so i don't know if you want to know my Opinion about these two Games i played (and like any else have no Platinum) But im online right now :D

- Oreshika:

Since you need the Years ongoing and manageing evrything its kinda loosy to keep track. Its long since i play this but something wirth Birth was involving it. I found the Game verry confusing.

- Ar Tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel

The Fanservice is really low in this Game. It has a really nice Story and i was more than once thinking of a Replay.

You and anyone else is very welcome to chime in :)  I just tagged those people because I saw they had gotten the platinum in Ar Tonelico according to this leaderboard's archive. 

And yeah, Oreshika is a very intricate game with a lot of different systems. But having played it now for what feels like 30+ hours, I think I have a good enough grasp on it and I'm having lots of fun with it, grinding and cultivating better and better warriors, and making sure the secret arts and heirlooms are inherited.

7 hours ago, mattigummi said:

I've been having so much fun with Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on Vita these past few weeks. Has no one here played it? I used Crtl+F in the archives but it didn't turn up any results, so either no one has played it, or at the very least, no one here has gotten the plat, which to be fair is quite a long one. 

I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now. The fact that certain RPGs are simply stranded on PS3/Vita has made them more appealing to me, made them more important to buy and "rescue". One of those games is Ar Tonelico Qoga on PS3. I found a copy on Ebay that's relatively fair priced, for a game that's unavailable digitally. The only thing giving me pause is the "fanservice" in the game. I'm generally against "fanservice", so I have doubts if this is a game for me or not. Do any of you here that have played it have any opinions, advice for me? Is the "fanservice" too much in this game? I've heard positive things about the story and characters, and if I were to play it, I'd read a summary of the first two games (from PS2) beforehand. And then afterwards I'd probably keep my eye on Ar Nosurge on Vita to continue playing in this universe ,if I were to be so keen. @fisty123@Arturia@AppleKratue@Archavia@Hogger@neosnake101@Shirou@Tosmasta00(sorry for tagging you all!)

It's been over 10 years since I've platinumed this game, so I can't comment in details, but the fanservice is definitely there. There is a part of the battle system where the girls have to strip to become stronger with the highest level where they just wear their undies. There is even a trophy for a full strip. iirc there are sexually implied scenes in the story, but it's been a long while. I think this game will be too much fanservice for you, so my advice is to stay away.

I've also recently played Oreshika due to the shutdown announcement, great game! Yeah, the platinum is very grindy which explains why only few people have the platinum. Will be a great feeling when you earn it.

On 1/22/2022 at 3:55 AM, mattigummi said:

its 1 of the weirdest jrpgs i played so i dont recommend it. i not sure if i ever going to play the other one on ps3 

On 1/22/2022 at 12:12 PM, AppleKratue said:

It's been over 10 years since I've platinumed this game, so I can't comment in details, but the fanservice is definitely there. There is a part of the battle system where the girls have to strip to become stronger with the highest level where they just wear their undies. There is even a trophy for a full strip. iirc there are sexually implied scenes in the story, but it's been a long while. I think this game will be too much fanservice for you, so my advice is to stay away.

I've also recently played Oreshika due to the shutdown announcement, great game! Yeah, the platinum is very grindy which explains why only few people have the platinum. Will be a great feeling when you earn it.

Nice, you look pretty close to the Oreshika platinum from my perspective, but in reality you have quite a lot left, right? It's the only game I'm playing right now and I'm hoping to get it done by the end of February, lol. 

I see. How prevalent is that stripping mechanic in Ar Tonelico, something you can avoid, minimize?  Even so, I still feel compelled to buy it, lol. Maybe I can buy it now and play it many years later when I've built enough tolerance for fanservice 😅 Only been watching anime for less than 2 years. 

Actually, speaking of games I'm half-interested in but pushed away by fanservice; the Hyperdimnesion Neptunia series is one that I decided to pass on. Those games didn't look interesting enough to me to look past the fanservice. However, the spin-off game Super Neptunia RPG gave me a totally different vibe. The 2D artstyle looks gorgeous to me, and from looking at gameplay and trailers it seems tame in comparison to the mainline games. I kinda want to play it. So let me know if anyone here thinks making Super Neptunia RPG my first entry in the series is fine/weird/bad/whatever :) 

19 hours ago, Hogger said:

its 1 of the weirdest jrpgs i played so i dont recommend it. i not sure if i ever going to play the other one on ps3 

Noted. Weird doesn't necessarily mean bad though 👀

10 hours ago, mattigummi said:

Nice, you look pretty close to the Oreshika platinum from my perspective, but in reality you have quite a lot left, right? It's the only game I'm playing right now and I'm hoping to get it done by the end of February, lol. 

I see. How prevalent is that stripping mechanic in Ar Tonelico, something you can avoid, minimize?  Even so, I still feel compelled to buy it, lol. Maybe I can buy it now and play it many years later when I've built enough tolerance for fanservice 😅 Only been watching anime for less than 2 years. 

Actually, speaking of games I'm half-interested in but pushed away by fanservice; the Hyperdimnesion Neptunia series is one that I decided to pass on. Those games didn't look interesting enough to me to look past the fanservice. However, the spin-off game Super Neptunia RPG gave me a totally different vibe. The 2D artstyle looks gorgeous to me, and from looking at gameplay and trailers it seems tame in comparison to the mainline games. I kinda want to play it. So let me know if anyone here thinks making Super Neptunia RPG my first entry in the series is fine/weird/bad/whatever :) 

Noted. Weird doesn't necessarily mean bad though 👀

wel i meant to say that the strip mechanic is weird. aside from that its not a bad game. and i dont think there is a way to reduce it. 

edit: i said to avoid it cause if u worried about fanservice its defo a game that should be avoided. but i wouldnt call it a bad game i guess

Edited by Hogger

On 1/21/2022 at 9:55 PM, mattigummi said:

First off glad to see someone else enjoying Oreshika since the game is underrated and is really fun of a game if you don't look at that trophy list then oh boy some of those things are just there to bloat the time I can tell you first hand but overall a well deserve plat too and like apple said will likely be "more" rare when it goes offline unless u can use the QR thing still but nonetheless satisfying of a Plat.

As for Ar Tonelico I'm just gonna say this I'm kinda bias on the series since I love its music but your gonna get that fan service there no way around it since they like to kinda do that kind of thing in Ar but overall its more then that since the music side is still strong which works with the story as they mix well and its enjoyable too given its age so its up to you if you can handle the fanservice since sometimes you can miss on a potential good game but that just my 2cents.  Though with JRPGs trying to dodge that fanservice bullet is a lot harder then you think these days *looking at u Tales of Arise*

As for Neptunia, starting at Super might be a odd place to start at but if it gets you into a series then I honestly don't see the harm as neptunia is very story friendly to the player and sure u might not get all the jokes but hey could get you to play the rest so no harm in starting there especially if it interest you then you shouldn't need to worry too much there i say.  Hope that helps you even a little xD

On 1/22/2022 at 1:55 PM, mattigummi said:

I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now. The fact that certain RPGs are simply stranded on PS3/Vita has made them more appealing to me, made them more important to buy and "rescue".

If you are looking at playing more older RPGs and on the Vita there is always on the option of PSTV, would need to buy second hand and price is slightly higher then what it was retail but all this is a small box that connects to your TV via HDMI and allows you to play 95% of all Vita games on your TV using a PS4 controller, In the end its up to personal preference but Vita systems are easier to find. 

As for the PS3 well Sony's rumored new subscription looks to be bring them back in some way or another, a few PS3 games are already on the PS5 store in some countries so unless you can get a cheap one I would hold off.

In terms of the gaming Ar Tonelico Qoga is great game however and this might go against some of the fans here it's also a hard game to take if it would be your first of the series, its very different to standard RPGS, even more so with the current way they are being made. But once you play a few of the more well JRPG niche tiles I would defiantly go back to this one, I would read up on the series before starting it, while you can play the game without previous knowledge a lot of references and reappearing events/characters.

Edited by fisty123

On 1/25/2022 at 10:00 AM, fisty123 said:

As for the PS3 well Sony's rumored new subscription looks to be bring them back in some way or another, a few PS3 games are already on the PS5 store in some countries so unless you can get a cheap one I would hold off.

Link? I wanna see this

And i for sure recommend a PSTV.

Edit Nevermind i found it. Yea i can't wait for that, ever since i saw the linked mobile controller. Hopefully it fits the fold 3 if not my note 20 is ready. ps gaming on the go, vita is ok just outdated, yes please.

Edited by RogueShadow

18 hours ago, RogueShadow said:

So is Sakura wars a rpg or no? @fisty123 @Arturia @Hogger It's listed as a rpg, and i remember seeing some discussion about it. If it made it to the list i'm totally buying it.

If you ask me I would say yes but I heard the argument for it on both fronts so its still hard to say tbh but  @Laburnski is the one who gets the final say not to mention he has played it for a certain RPG event so I'm not sure why his opinion on it is so weird or the reason its not on. But honestly If it looks enjoyable to you then you should just buy even if it doesn't count, it still a good series.

19 hours ago, RogueShadow said:

So is Sakura wars a rpg or no? @fisty123 @Arturia @Hogger It's listed as a rpg, and i remember seeing some discussion about it. If it made it to the list i'm totally buying it.

i honestly dont remember what i said but i will let majority decide. personally i looked up gameplay again yesterday and i will stay neutral on this 1 and let majority decide. laburnski has the final say tho so guess we will see what he says

13 minutes ago, Hogger said:

i honestly dont remember what i said but i will let majority decide. personally i looked up gameplay again yesterday and i will stay neutral on this 1 and let majority decide. laburnski has the final say tho so guess we will see what he says

Its a Nice Game. Maybe no RPG but here most of the Games are "so-so" "la-la" RPG's who cares if this Count?

If its intressted to you buy it :)

i went back to gem of wars. i havent played the game for several years but i feel like it should count on this leaderboard as it is very similar to marvel puzzle quest. 

edit: yes i prolly will buy sakura wars regardless if it makes it or not as after rewathing a few videos it looks interesting to buy

On 2/3/2022 at 3:13 PM, RogueShadow said:

Older games in the series yes it was Visual Novel with SRPG fights, the latest game removed the good combat and added in hack and slash action RPG type elements which makes it fall under the yes and no section. It depends on @Laburnski's mood at the time I guess for this one.

However most sites like PSNP and even the wiki list this as a cross genre game with one of them being Action RPG so I guess a case for it to be added could be made. Still wish they had of left the combat alone but faster pace battles sell more in the west these days.

Edited by fisty123

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 3:49 PM, kishnabe said:

64: Vampyr

65: Dungeon Hunter Alliance Vita

66: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition (Shadow of War Counts, does Mordor count?))

67: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

68: Nights of Azure

69: Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion

70: Slay the Spire

71: Undertale

72: Judgment

73: Reverie (NA PS4 Stack)

74: Monster Harvest • NA