I will throw my thoughts into this new debate as well, I think the 90% rule is a good idea or something on them lines. 
I know games like Our Church and Halloween RPG do play like an RPG I get that but you can pass the game faster then it took to load a game on the PS3 (almost).
While there are a small amount of Asian location stacks that are RPGs with higher percent complete rate due to less gamers having access to these game most are still under 80% rarity and if the odd chance one is higher you can view the trophy list on True Trophies as this has an avg compete time that can backup the info.

If and I say if you decide to add games that are above 90% compete rate then it would have to be one only not stacking the game, getting 6 points in under an hour does not sit well with me. Again this is an if I don't support games above 90% but this is my thoughts in case you wish to add them.

Edited by fisty123

I m cool with all Decissions. But i have to throw ALL Games here inside that maybe a RPGs at least once.

I also don't need the Points that badly because i have a huge RPG Backlog :D

There are a few easy short Fighting Games as well and i have them to my List, but as you suggest if there wehre Hundreds of them i highy would them rule out too.

Again there are not much RPG's for now so this is still considerable but up to @Laburnski

5 hours ago, Meikoro said:

I m cool with all Decissions. But i have to throw ALL Games here inside that maybe a RPGs at least once.

There are a few easy short Fighting Games as well and i have them to my List, but as you suggest if there wehre Hundreds of them i highy would them rule out too.

Again there are not much RPG's for now so this is still considerable but up to @Laburnski

I am sorry dude, but to me, suggesting 5 minute plats looks exactly like you're trying to get easy points for this leaderboard. That would be 14 points counting all stacks from the "games" you suggested. They may not be hundreds of points now, but as these 5 minute plats are released on a daily basis nowadays, it's only a matter of time until you can have so many points from them and this leaderboard becomes a joke.

7 hours ago, AppleKratue said:

I am sorry dude, but to me, suggesting 5 minute plats looks exactly like you're trying to get easy points for this leaderboard. That would be 14 points counting all stacks from the "games" you suggested. They may not be hundreds of points now, but as these 5 minute plats are released on a daily basis nowadays, it's only a matter of time until you can have so many points from them and this leaderboard becomes a joke.

I only play them once for example but either Way is fine :D

Besides Loot Hero and Brave Match there is another Game i would Name but i fail to remember the Name :(

Its more a SRPG so im not confident in that one. Was turn Based on a Hexagon FIeld Map.

The only Time Members got active here is when they want denied Games :D

On 12/6/2021 at 6:48 AM, Darth_Krid said:

Has Star Wars: Fallen Order ever been up for discussion?

It has an XP bar, a customisable character, a skill tree and free roaming different planets in a semi-open world. And you role play as a Jedi!

Not an out-and-out RPG but if God of War 2018 and the new Assassin’s Creed games count then I can see absolutely no reason why this doesn’t. 

I think it came up once. Since I just purchased this one from one the BF deals, I will follow this. I am good with adding this title but I have not played it yet. This one has autopop trophies and I made a rule for myself "only backward autopops allowed". So no worries.. 

P.S. I also take back what I said about Diablo2 platinum. It dropped to 250hrs platinum and probably an 7 or 8 now. No more Hastune miku collections as gifts haha.

For the 5 min easy platinums, I am also strongly against adding those. For me anything less than 15hrs don't qualify for RPGs haha (not against adding them). 5min nonono...

Edited by YokA_sun

Under 15 hrs :)

So Cat Quest and Reverie will go off the Line. I only have this two and can tell they shorter.

Costume Quest and other short ones will go of.

I know Lab has gone the Limit 1 Stack for the EZPZ RPG's because he allows now Autopop Platinums.

It would also be fine to limit these again and add the missing or Kick anything below 15 hrs :D

14 hours ago, Meikoro said:

It would also be fine to limit these again and add the missing or Kick anything below 15 hrs :D

Nah. Lab is the king not me. plus I am about to play cat quests so no I'm NOT saying we should limit 15hrs :wall:

Edit: About autopops since it's brought up again: it's different than short easy plats. The games themselves are fine RPGs. It's like collecting real world oil paintings no matter what price you got them they are master oil paintings. Same logic goes if someone uses in game cheats or tricks to get the plat it still counts. If it's free then it's free for everyone. I myself will not play ps4 version over ps5 for the fact that the experience is inferior. Back to 5min. I don't have problem with the short time. I simply question the nature of the game. There is no way they can be RPGs. How can role playing be done in 2 min? (how can doodles be seen as master oil paintings? They gotta prove real hard). This is how I see it. 

Edited by YokA_sun
  • Haha 1

On 12/2/2021 at 8:52 PM, Laburnski said:

Those are Fate Extella, Sakura Wars and My Time at Portia. But My Time at Portia actually count after checking it again so yours actually 34 points now, mb for missing it : )

Thank you for clarifying it! Yeah, Portia is a huge RPG with Harvest moon elements in. Or Harvest moon game, with allot of RPG elements in (different weapons, armors, you can level up, upgrade weps and whatnot etc). I can see why Sakura Wars wouldn't make the cut...its mostly a LN, with a few mech fights included here and there. I don't really remember if you could level up your mechs and whatnot though...been a while since I played it...I remember being able to customize them and whatnot, so my mind automatically thought it was an JRPG. 

Regarding the 5min plats...I deffo agree with the others...you can't consider a 5min plat game an RPG, even if it has rpg elements in it, where  J/RPGs even the beginning tutorial is not even done haha. I'd probably put some sort of rule, like, anything that takes under 15-20h to plat doesn't count.

8 hours ago, Shirou said:

I'd probably put some sort of rule, like, anything that takes under 15-20h to plat doesn't count.

Think rarity is a far better barometer than time. Firstly, time is very objective especially with RPGs, secondly there are some great RPGs which don’t take 15-20h, like Child of Light, FFXV King’s Tale, Bastion, Undertale etc.

Actually, just noticed A King’s Tale isn’t here, shouldn’t it be? :p

Edited by Darth_Krid

On 12/6/2021 at 7:51 PM, Meikoro said:

On 12/7/2021 at 8:44 AM, Meikoro said:

The only Time Members got active here is when they want denied Games :D

Well I'm just gonna say this since I feel like your implying this, but we are not coming out just to deny your gaming suggestion but more so when some people with some kinda integrity/principle/love (w/e u wanna call it) towards RPGs see something that makes no sense to be thrown out there people will naturally come out of the shadows to voice there opinions you know especially to someone who has said they wants to throw out ALL games that MAYBE a rpg which shows your stance on "RPGs" really imma be honest. Plus like apple said with how games are these days it just gonna be one copy and paste list after the next so it will just snowball with even +1's adding up.

In regards to the other stuff @Laburnski you need to get off that FF14 and say your piece :p But I feel like its gotta be come kinda combination with rarity and time really unless we go by a game by game bases since otherwise the 100% games will be in trouble since there usually on the lower end of time spectrum so we gotta find some happy medium or you know just make Lab do more work which is a win win :whistle:

• Haha 1

See? You only Post when i gotta some Games to deny for you :D

But glad you all doing Well these Days. Since there is no EZPZ RPG Spam as you maybe Thing. The Next Bunch of Games i suggest will take a Wile.

God Thanks its much easier to sort out new Fighting Games, when i can get cut Beat em Up and Musou Games from the List.

On 12/13/2021 at 10:08 PM, Darth_Krid said:

Our Church and Halloween RPG Part 1 actually has a rarity of 79% so would be eligible under any '90%' rule :rofl:

The others not so much.

im kinda leaning towards what applekratue is saying with the 90 percent rule but i think we should just make it simple and let every game under an hour or under 45 minutes just not count. offcourse there are people who speedrun games like dark souls 1 but if the top 50 exist of people who done it under 10 minutes the game shoudnt be on here.

as for stacking i still have the same opinion either let them count or make a game count only once (like ps3,ps4, vita only counts once)

the reason why is cause there is no difference between autopopping or making clever saves to unlock trophies on another platform (skyrim, immortal phoenix) it just that making clever saves doesnt give it away easily but its still unfair to remove autopopping and not clever save as its basically the same. at the end of the day autopopping takes 3 seconds while making clever saves can take like an hour but i dont see why thats fair. so like i say allow stacks or dont

and yes i more leaning towards still allow stacking

edit: also the last time i talked with laburnski he said i gotta play ff14 expansion and i havent heard from him since 🤣

Edited by Hogger

+28 (P)

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Alphadia Genesis (PS4)

Alphadia Genesis (PS5)

Alphadia Genesis 2 (PS4)

Alphadia Genesis 2 (PS5)

Cat Quest (NA)

Cat Quest (AS)

Cat Quest II (NA)

Cat Quest II (AS)

Cat Quest II (JP)

Empire of Angels IV (PS4 NA)

Empire of Angels IV (PS5 AS)

Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights

Haven (PS4)

Haven (PS5)

Light Fairytale: Episode 1

Light Fairytale: Episode 2

Lost Judgment (PS5)

Maneater (PS4)

Maneater (PS5)

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5)

One Piece: World Seeker

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (PS4 AS)

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (PS5)

Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands

Xuan Yuan Sword VII (AS)

Xuan Yuan Sword VII (EU)

Xuan Yuan Sword VII (NA)

Edited by YokA_sun

On 12/13/2021 at 10:08 PM, Darth_Krid said:

Our Church and Halloween RPG Part 1 actually has a rarity of 79% so would be eligible under any '90%' rule :rofl:

The others not so much.

90% would be easier to track, but yeah, an average completion time is needed in a way. Imagine making an ezpz plat game though and then 21% of your target audience can't get the plat. Mission failed :rofl:

Update:

+5 (P)

Bug Fables

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (EN)

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki

The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki

On 1/20/2016 at 9:33 PM, Laburnski said:

I forgot how it went on previous leaderboard ( Ichab's / Rogueshadow's ) regarding criterias for RPG games, but wasn't in the end ppl still uncertain whether a game which has that qualified "RPG Criteria" should count or not. Like for example if ppl decide all those above criteria ( actual story, a level up system, equipment system, crafting, open world ) as RPG thing then GTA V came up on my mind ( Level up system on GTA V online portion ) and i reeeallyyy never thought GTA V as an RPG at least for me. Even if we take from RP itself ( Role-Playing ) i still can't think GTA V as RPG....

The current case-by-case mentioned by Dark_Raven666 seems much simpler to me but it just my opinion though and whether you guys decide to continue with the current one or / and adding criterias (Just don't too strict or loose either ) i'm fine with either way.

lol. I was doing a search of my name and found this, didn't find any of my posts though as i was going to search the games i added so i could update for end of year update. While i didn't forget about mine i know i got slack cause i was doing a spreadsheet, but yea it was if we all agreed on it then it was legit, i remember quite a few were quite iffy though. Still got that spread sheet infact. heh.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:59 PM, Laburnski said:

That bad huh lol i see no one plat it yet as of now 🤣

From what i seen myself ( Youtube ) and heard from people who played it, Neptunia x Senran Kagura is more lean to action RPG-esque thing compared to those 2 games. Granted i never tried it myself yet but right now those 2 i think belongs to just hack 'n slash game same with DW games and the rest.

No one can plat it yet due to mass amount of bugs, bugged servers, lag on the ps4 version where you load in and everything is killing you before you can fully load in. Only the ps5 has no issues with the loading, but yea... that's still up in the air. But every version suffers from tons of the same bugs. I know blizzard could screw up a steel ball with a rubber hammer in a sandpile but to screw up a remaster is enough to stop me from probably buying anymore blizzard things.

Those 2 mentioned are DW rogue games. I've played all the Neptunia's and they for sure shouldn't be added.

37 Alvastia Chronicles
38 Asdivine Hearts
39 Asdivine Hearts 2
40 Asdivine Dios
41 Asdivine Menace
42 Atelier Lydie & Sue: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings DX
43 Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online
44 Dark Souls: Remaster
45 Marvel Avengers (PS4)
46 Marvel Avengers (PS5)
47 Outriders (PS4)
48 Outriders (PS5)
49 South Park Stick of Truth (PS4)
50 Tera
51 Devious Dungeon? It has a lot of rpg elements but idk? It surely isn't a 5 min plat as i see people are talking it does have a 87.2 plat rating

I see people are talking about a 90% threshold. That can be good and bad. As some of these games only rpg players play some of these and things like neptunia and Atelier games are rather easy to beat. Ontop of Kemco games listed as easy on psntl. Not sure psnp as i don't look at that site at all. i know psnp is also riddled with cheaters that screw up some of the %'s. So, that could be a double edged sword. I would never list a 5 min rpg plat myself, other than Magus and well that wasn't 5... it was 10 ;)  While i didn't look at that list that was posted, i'd say just don't accept any of those titles or the developer as part of the list. If someone wants to use them to fluff up their plat's have fun, as i know i just did that to some games just to hurry and get to 124 plats for DS Remaster as my work schedule the last 3 months has been plain horrendous can't even play ff 14 anymore. bleh, just don't list em here. My 2 cents.

Rebel Galaxy does also have quite a bit of RPG element's, it's rather fun.

Also i'm rather proud of DS Remaster it's plat was my 10k trophy and 125th Plat together.

Edit ok so i checked psnp and yea quite a few of the Asdivine games are nearing 82% and up. all it would take is for a bunch of people to say hey, i'm gonna do a back log cleaning and boom quite a few of us would lose 30+ hours per game on a leaderboard cause someone wanted some 5 min plat's.

Edited by RogueShadow

3 hours ago, RogueShadow said:

No one can plat it yet due to mass amount of bugs, bugged servers, lag on the ps4 version where you load in and everything is killing you before you can fully load in. Only the ps5 has no issues with the loading, but yea... that's still up in the air. But every version suffers from tons of the same bugs. I know blizzard could screw up a steel ball with a rubber hammer in a sandpile but to screw up a remaster is enough to stop me from probably buying anymore blizzard things.

That's why I am still waiting for their fixing all the bugs. I am going to go for the PS5 version someday soon. I would definitely use anything that's there to help me lower the amount of grinding. Heard that they still plan to do some big updates early next year. Blizzard has been long gone. The company was "dead" to me once they released Starcraft II. There is still tiny hope for diablo IV but it's probably just mediocre if it's ever released.  P.S. at least two people plat it legitimately already, heard it's 400hr grind now offline. Maybe it will be down to 200hrs next year once they release 8 player patch on the condition that they don't fix the dupe glitch. 

10 minutes ago, YokA_sun said:

That's why I am still waiting for their fixing all the bugs. I am going to go for the PS5 version someday soon. I would definitely use anything that's there to help me lower the amount of grinding. Heard that they still plan to do some big updates early next year. Blizzard has been long gone. The company was "dead" to me once they released Starcraft II. There is still tiny hope for diablo IV but it's probably just mediocre if it's ever released.  P.S. at least two people plat it legitimately already, heard it's 400hr grind now offline. Maybe it will be down to 200hrs next year once they release 8 player patch on the condition that they don't fix the dupe glitch. 

Yea i just tried to pick it back up. PS5 died 3 times to old lag bugs and lag in general. put it back down in disgust. If anyone did it they did it offline and doing it offline would take forever and prolly used save back up's. Which i want to do that, but i'd perfer to play online. Hardcore i'll do that offline. For sure.

Going to attempt one more play of diablo and if no go then yea i'm waiting for new updates. 2.4 is gonna be released soon. Either this year or early next year. I know even with increased stash space you still need mules also.

One of the worst things about it is it's using the old ui and using a controller on it.. SUCKS. omg.. especially dying. Having to re put all the pots back in place. ugh. Not sure if it's even mouse/kb playable.

Edited by RogueShadow

I'd like to sign up please

PSN: stpatty
Trophies: In sig

Games:

Alienation
Borderlands (PS3)
Borderlands (PS4)
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
Child of Light
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning 
Okami HD (PS3)
Yakuza 4

i think far cry 6 should be on here. it has gear pieces, sidequest, main quest and perks on the gear. i know some of you wil disagree but any game where u can stack fire defense and almost take no damage from fire should qualify. like darksiders 2 etc. i played granblue, god of war recently and i all think they are very light on the rpg elements but i accept the fact they are on here as the majority decided. i hope far cry 6 will get a pass

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 4:22 AM, Hogger said:

i think far cry 6 should be on here. it has gear pieces, sidequest, main quest and perks on the gear. i know some of you wil disagree but any game where u can stack fire defense and almost take no damage from fire should qualify. like darksiders 2 etc. i played granblue, god of war recently and i all think they are very light on the rpg elements but i accept the fact they are on here as the majority decided. i hope far cry 6 will get a pass

It does seem like Ubisoft is starting to move to the RPG genre and going pretty good to.

• Like 1

I'd like to recommend a game that's currently on sale, named Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands. It's $1.99 now. Best dollar I spent. It's apparently a  Zelda-like game made by a single person. It reminds me how much I miss the zelda like games on PS. The last memorable one was probably 3D heroes. Although I am not even remotely interested in switch, I do enjoy zelda and hope there could be more clones on PS.  Anyone know some good zelda like games on PS? 

P.S. it's Zelda clone but it's very much role playing at the same time. I would rate the platinum difficulty 4. Definitely worth the time. 

• Slamma locked this topic