Trophy Difficulty Rating  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Trophy Difficulty Rating

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_rating_na.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 0.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

2/10. You really only need the Dart Tower for most of the levels, along with the Mine. I tried to drop the mine in the most central location, fully upgrade it to a Radar Tower, then fill the map with Darts. Don't fully upgrade those, as many of the enemies are immune.

I poured my gems into the Dart Tower, Mines and starting cash, plus a few of the cheap spell unlocks, and I ended up with about 500 leftover.

• 11 months later...
2/10. You really only need the Dart Tower for most of the levels, along with the Mine. I tried to drop the mine in the most central location, fully upgrade it to a Radar Tower, then fill the map with Darts. Don't fully upgrade those, as many of the enemies are immune.

This. This game isn't harder than the other ___ Defense games, but it's much fussier due to enemies' immunities (and by immune, I mean no damage whatsoever):

-skeleton (intro'd immediately) - immune to green dart tower (but not purple)

-large enemies and the tiniest (released by killing an enemy) immune to purple

-fire elemental - immune to purple and green but not regular dart

-wood elemental - immune to all dart towers (only artillery hurt)

That might not be so bad, but this game has HORRIBLE targeting AI. Your towers will futilely shoot at a target they can't hurt, even if there is stuff they can hurt within range. They NEVER learn. As a result you're either swapping green to purple and back OR leaving your towers at second tier and hoping you have enough firepower. Some levels I needed to deliberately target the healers running imbetween the big guys in order to survive the level (past games your green dart towers were usually enough to take down everything even with healers running amuck). Your towers will occasionally completely ignore a visible enemy, even when they are right at the gates - again, you'll be manually targeting. From the fire elemental on, I think I used tier 2 dart towers, with the occasional green tower to help slow down the big guys.

All this is exacerbated by the lopsided maps. There is often a path that is very short that has few places to build a tower - unless you shell out some gems. Or the most central spot (ideal for your radar) needs crystals. The past games I didn't find this much of a problem, but in this game I had to use crystals to unlock the 60th level's extra spots (key spot on the short path). And a few levels I had to experiment with radar placement to ensure that enemies were visible near the castle (this doomed me one level - I had to choose between having more dart towers under the radar or fewer towers protecting the castle under the radar).

I kept 100-150 crystals on hand through the third campaign just in case but didn't really need them. Ended up with full dart tower upgrades, all-but-full spell dmg/duration upgrades for ice, fire, & hero, near full artillery tower upgrades (not cost), full range/buff upgrades for mine/radar, and some cash upgrades.

I'd vote 2.5 if I could - gave Fort Def a 3, Royal Def a 2, Fort Def NM a 1.