Just Cause 3 ~ General Questions Thread

Gage

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried "Without Bullets" Trophy using only tethers and it didn't pop :(. Anyone know the specifics for this one? What counts as a "base" Because the one i tried it on was militarized.

Only those with the watchtower icon count. Like Cima Leon: Silo for example. When hovering over the icon in the map screen it shows you what type of base it is in the top left (military base, military outpost, air base, town etc.). Only those labeled with military base actually count.

ok...a question about collectibles. i just liberated all of Bana at the start of the game. it shows 2 ...thingys, 3 motorbike guys, and 1 cassette tape looking thing. i see on the map the 3 motorbike guys to set a waypoint at, but i dont see the other 2 collectibles? i do see 2 question marks in bana, but there are 3 remaining collectibles. do they not show on the map to set waypoints at?

also, for challenges, is there an easier way to just see a list of the challenges you have or have not completed, along w/ the gears you earned in them? or do i have to manually search the map?

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro

ok...a question about collectibles. i just liberated all of Bana at the start of the game. it shows 2 ...thingys, 3 motorbike guys, and 1 cassette tape looking thing. i see on the map the 3 motorbike guys to set a waypoint at, but i dont see the other 2 collectibles? i do see 2 question marks in bana, but there are 3 remaining collectibles. do they not show on the map to set waypoints at?

also, for challenges, is there an easier way to just see a list of the challenges you have or have not completed, along w/ the gears you earned in them? or do i have to manually search the map?

Check and see if the marker for the collectible (circle with the question mark) might be hiding behind something else. Some of the ones in cities are really close to the map markers so might be slightly obscured for you.

I can't find a way to see a list of the challenges. In progress you can see the total number of gears from each challenge in each region, but nothing with a list of what you have done.

Check and see if the marker for the collectible (circle with the question mark) might be hiding behind something else. Some of the ones in cities are really close to the map markers so might be slightly obscured for you.

I can't find a way to see a list of the challenges. In progress you can see the total number of gears from each challenge in each region, but nothing with a list of what you have done.

ok thanks. so the ? are the colelctibles and they turn into their respective logo once you acquire it? i am pretty sure the city of Bana is concealing one. in the lower part of the game, the area liberated from the beginning of the game has 3 collectibles and 3 ? marks, none hidden by being close to one another.

ok thanks. so the ? are the colelctibles and they turn into their respective logo once you acquire it? i am pretty sure the city of Bana is concealing one. in the lower part of the game, the area liberated from the beginning of the game has 3 collectibles and 3 ? marks, none hidden by being close to one another.

Unless I'm missing something they disappear off your map once you collect items :p (jumps turn blue instead of white). While your on the map try pressing :square: to open filter settings then turn off everything but collectibles.

Unless I'm missing something they disappear off your map once you collect items :p (jumps turn blue instead of white). While your on the map try pressing :square: to open filter settings then turn off everything but collectibles.

i went ahead and got some and they do dissapear. i have 2 more questions..

when in the map it says in the upper left like 3/8 provinces liberated for example..what are the two things beneath it? cant remember the middle option and the bottom says air strike a lot. (turned the game off so cant refer it atm)

also, it seems like each time i liberate a town, outpost, or base, that i unlock a vehicle for the drops.. will this unlock all meaningful vehicles and i shouldnt bother dropping them off at the garage?

also, i think in the drop tutorial mission did it say you have certain amount of weapon / car crate drops, or is it unlimited just a cool down timer?

when in the map it says in the upper left like 3/8 provinces liberated for example..what are the two things beneath it? cant remember the middle option and the bottom says air strike a lot. (turned the game off so cant refer it atm)

The two things under it show whether the main military base and the FOW for it are captured/disabled. You deal with them both through story missions.

also, it seems like each time i liberate a town, outpost, or base, that i unlock a vehicle for the drops.. will this unlock all meaningful vehicles and i shouldnt bother dropping them off at the garage?

You unlock vehicles when you clear military bases, and those are the military vehicles that you can get in drops. You still have to bring all the civilian vehicles to the garage for the vehicle trophy and the 100%. There's a mod you unlock that shows which ones you need when you're near them though, so I wouldn't worry about that until later as you don't really get anything for dropping them off as most other than some sports cars are shit to drive.

also, i think in the drop tutorial mission did it say you have certain amount of weapon / car crate drops, or is it unlimited just a cool down timer?

Vehicles have a cooldown timer on them after you call them in, you get mods that lessen then disable this. You can carry a certain number of drop flares at a time, which increases as you liberate places and do stuff. That's the "x of x beacons available" that shows on the top left of the rebel drop page.

Does this game have a season pass or microtransactions?

There's the Land/Sea/Air pass thing that can be bought separate or comes with the XL version of the game, but I don't know if it's going to be actual DLC expansions with trophies or just extra items like the DLC in 2 was.

yeah, i wasnt too worried about cars, i was just curious since i noticed i was unlocking them. is there a location to pick up the drop flares?

also, what exactly are the feats?

how do you call out/beat players challenges/feats?

You can pick up flares at garages, in military bases/outposts, and various areas that spawn around the map when you complete encounters. On your map the places you can pick up flares are marked with the white circle with an arrow pointing down inside them.

Feats are just things you do in the game, time spent in wingsuit, enemies killed in one explosion, etc. You view them in the leaderboard tap then under Feat Scores.

To call out someone on a feat score you go into that tab, highlight one you're on then press :triangle: to bring up the in game friends list and choose someone. To beat a challenge score you just have to get a higher score on any challenge than a friend.

thanks for all the help Gage. :dance::dance: i have two final questions for the time being.

is there a specific reason for encounters? i have seen just one, it said pick up. it happened after liberating a town.

also, how do you know if someone calls you out ?

is there a specific reason for encounters? i have seen just one, it said pick up. it happened after liberating a town.

also, how do you know if someone calls you out ?

Encounters give you locations to pick up flares and beacons as well as the heat clearing locations. I don't think they count for the 100% but you need to unlock at least 3 of the heat clearing locations and 10 supply points for trophies, so you should for sure do them as they pop up until the have those two.

When you get called out it shows the notification on the bottom right like when people beat your score, you can also check the Call-Out inbox in the leaderboard tab, which then lets you track the feats you're called out on.

Encounters give you locations to pick up flares and beacons as well as the heat clearing locations. I don't think they count for the 100% but you need to unlock at least 3 of the heat clearing locations and 10 supply points for trophies, so you should for sure do them as they pop up until the have those two.

When you get called out it shows the notification on the bottom right like when people beat your score, you can also check the Call-Out inbox in the leaderboard tab, which then lets you track the feats you're called out on.

gotcha.. i lied too..do the encounters show up on the map or just as you are nearby ? i did a heat clearing one for my first one, but i have no clue where the location is after beating the encounter? also, does encounters for heat clearing have to do with the level 5 sanctuary o trophy?

gotcha.. i lied too..do the encounters show up on the map or just as you are nearby ? i did a heat clearing one for my first one, but i have no clue where the location is after beating the encounter? also, does encounters for heat clearing have to do with the level 5 sanctuary o trophy?

They just show up as the arrow and circle on your hud, don't think they show up on the map. The monasteries show up on your map as the taller blue building when they are unlocked and available, which is what the heat clearing place is. They're what you go to for the heat level 5 trophy.

when do encounters typically show up? i find sometimes due to the brighter environment it is a tad hard to see the becones at the side of the screen sometimes cuz im in the zone of destroying shit.

edit - got the trophy for 3 priests heat locations unlocked...but the only one i see (i think ) is one in bana by a cannonball icon for a challenge...where the heck are these other 2? could they be unlocked in locations i havve not yet liberated yet so they dont show up?

to beat a challenge a player set, is it as simple as just surpassing a friends timescore on a challenge in the leaderboards, no specific challengees need sent?

also, it appears once u 5 gear a challenge, it turns blue so you know which ones are totally done?

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro

when do encounters typically show up? i find sometimes due to the brighter environment it is a tad hard to see the becones at the side of the screen sometimes cuz im in the zone of destroying shit.

edit - got the trophy for 3 priests heat locations unlocked...but the only one i see (i think ) is one in bana by a cannonball icon for a challenge...where the heck are these other 2? could they be unlocked in locations i havve not yet liberated yet so they dont show up?

to beat a challenge a player set, is it as simple as just surpassing a friends timescore on a challenge in the leaderboards, no specific challengees need sent?

also, it appears once u 5 gear a challenge, it turns blue so you know which ones are totally done?

Encounters are totally random and can show up basically everywhere, but are more common near roads.

The monasteries show up if you either are close enough to discover it or once you liberate the province they are in.

Beating anybody's score on the leaderboard will be sufficient, it doesn't need to be a friend.

You are correct on the last point. You can also check your total gears for each challenge type on each island in your Progress screen.

the resupply points from encounters are the arrow down in a circle, right? also, anyone know of some good bases to do the fist/teather only and not getting out of your vehicle torphy..ASIDE from the ones in powerpyx videos? i had done the first bana one before looking at the vid and the vehiclegot destroyed nearly instantaniously. those would eventually become missable im assuming. i also havent found a base with objects that cnan be destroyed purely by hand since the original bana one. they all have the huge dishes or very tall radio towers, which i dont think teathers can take down.

the resupply points from encounters are the arrow down in a circle, right? also, anyone know of some good bases to do the fist/teather only and not getting out of your vehicle torphy..ASIDE from the ones in powerpyx videos? i had done the first bana one before looking at the vid and the vehiclegot destroyed nearly instantaniously. those would eventually become missable im assuming. i also havent found a base with objects that cnan be destroyed purely by hand since the original bana one. they all have the huge dishes or very tall radio towers, which i dont think teathers can take down.

Yeah that's what the circle with the arrows mean. You can ignore those trophies until the end of the game. Once you finish the story you can re-opress locations and liberate them again, so those trophies aren't missable and you can just do them once you have all tether upgrades and the best tank available for drops.

Yeah that's what the circle with the arrows mean. You can ignore those trophies until the end of the game. Once you finish the story you can re-opress locations and liberate them again, so those trophies aren't missable and you can just do them once you have all tether upgrades and the best tank available for drops.

fantastic! i was really hoping there would be a way to re-oppress certain places to do those trophies!