• 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

took me 76 hours on the dot.

Hardest to complete are the Settlement happiness trophy and the trophy for reaching level 50

I completed all story missions at about level 38 and had to repeat many random Mintutemen and Collect Flesh sample quests to level.

Now on to the Witcher 3

Im always undecisive about posting in these threads, due to the fact no individual plays the same and reading a post on here doesnt necessarily advise you about how long it will take you to earn your Platinum. Each individual has different responsibilities/pressures in life, different commitments, different careers/jobs, varying amounts of free time and to expect another player to play a game in the exact same way you have is just simply not practical and I guess could be seen as selfish!

So, I will provide 3 estimates here in the hope that I can reach every playstyle.

Playstyle 1:

No guide whatsoever and explores everything

If you attempt this game without using a Guide at all at the same time of exploring everything this game has to offer, you will likely be in the area of about 150+ hrs for your Platinum.

You will likely look into a Trophy Guide between 100 and 150 hrs because you will not earn your Platinum without the use of a Trophy Guide and this is perhaps the time you wi be running out of ideas.

Playstyle 2:

Using a guide whilst exploring everything at the same time:

Using this method, you will probably reach Platinum at about 100hrs - 125hrs.

Playstyle 3:

Using the Trophy Guide and Roadmap and only playing for Platinum:

This will take you approx 75-100hrs, basically due to the Trophy Guide giving a casual route and explanation as opposed to providing the fastest easiest route to Platinum.

Playstyle 3.5

Playing only for Platinum, but using the fastest easiest route:

Of course, you would need a thorough guide for this (which I am currently working on) but in this case you would be looking at approx 30hrs, so would save Trophy Hunters a lot of time.

Every estimate i provide here is without the use of Glitches.

Edited by optimusmart

I got it in about 90 hours but I was just playing the game without worrying about trophies at all. Today I actually tried to earn the last 5 trophies that I needed and I had everything to earn them like 100% Happiness for instance.

I'm gonna guess that it's doable to earn in about 60 to 70 hours though, so I voted 51-75 Hours.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted 76-100 hours. Thats what I believe the game could be comtortably finished in. I got the platinum yesterday and my game saves says 7 days 14 hours (182 hours) but I enjoyed playing and wasn't trying to get it finished. Its the only game I had played since it came out at the beginning of November. I kept it on whatever difficulty its set at by default and the game got very easy half way through. Wish they'd put a difficulty trophy in the list.

Didn't plan on getting platinum until I was already so close.

Took me about 96 hours but that includes 10+ hours of messing around. Rated it as difficulty of 5 only because the amount time is consumed of my life. It's not a 1 or a 2 because you really have to commit have put forth some effort to platinum.