Fallout 4 Missable Trophies Guide (Tested)

UnchartedMaster101

Alright so the current guide about the missable trophies is hard to understand and also involves hours of backtracking and replaying missions. In my playthrough i had already completed the Molecular Level quest before realizing there were missable trophies and so i made saves during my playthrough at points i thought would allow me to get all trophies without having to back track or do multiple playthroughs. I was able to get all the trophies and it only required 1 reload of a save and i didn't have to replay any quests.

So this method may or may not depend on who you chose to go to to build the teleporter. ( I went to the minute men) Honestly i don't think it matters who you build it from cause the factions only seem to care that you have access to the institute.

Since i made the teleporter with the minute men, it allowed me to get all missable trophies of all the factions and i only had to reload 1 save.

There are very mild spoilers below that shouldn't really matter.

Here is a quick overview of the quests you should watch out for in your playthrough:

Minute Men: No quests affect other factions.

Institute: Battle of bunker Hill is the first quest that affects the railraod but to stay on both factions good side, read my guide, its in there. Pinned is the quest that can affect either The Minute Men or the institute (Institute becoming an enemy) if you're not careful. For this quest, simply either convince the Minute Men to stand down (what I did) or let the minute men be killed by the institute. But do not attack the minute men or the institue in this quest. Mass Fusion is the quest that affects the BoS. Then End of the Line is the second quest that affects the Railroad.

BoS: Tactical Thinking is the quest that affects the Railroad. Followed by Ad Victorian that affects the Institute.

Railroad: Rockets Red Glare affects the BoS. Nuclear Options affects the Institute.

Alright here's a step by step guide of what you need to do:

(Note: Every time i mention making a save, it means to make a manual save in a new slot, not Auto-save or Quick Save)

Step 1. Make sure you're in good standing with all the factions (I.e. None are hostile towards you)

Step 2. Make sure to get all the minute men trophies so you get them out of the way

Step 3. I'm not sure if it really matters who you choose to build the teleporter from in The Molecular Level quest but i chose minute men and was able to get all trophies so I reccomend using the minute men.

Note: This may or may not affect you getting the underground undercover quest but at some point in the game, the leader of the Railraod will ask you if you side with the minute men or the railroad, i reccomend choosing the railraod because this keeps them on your good side but also doesn't affect the minute men in any way, you're still the leader and all. Now once you go visit the institute for the first time ever, you would have to upload a holotape that you got from struges and then return it to him, don't do this just yet. What you should do is, after visiting the institute the first time, head over to the Railroad and talk with the leader, she should at this point talk about how you visited the institute an all and then she'll ask you to go see tinker tom. This is where you give the holotape to tinker tom and that will unlock the Underground undercover quest in case some were having problems unlocking this quest. If you already gave the tape to struges, don't worry, just simply talk to tinker tom and then you can go retrieve it from struges. If anything you can juts pickpocket struges to get the tape back.

Step 4. During the quest The Battle For Bunker Hill, father will tell you to meet up with one of his synths to kill all the synths who are hiding at bunker hill. Instead, go warn Desdamona (Railroad leader) then kill the synth you are to meet up with and then ignore everything else and go meet father at the ruins of CIT and tell him you were ambushed (I don't think it really matters what you tell him cause I'm pretty sure he forgives you either way but i said ambushed and it all worked out)

Step 5. When you get to the quest Mass Fusion (Institute quest), the game will eventually tell you that proceeding any further will make the Brotherhood of Steel your enemy. Don't proceed and make a save here instead, you will use this save later to come back and mop up the Brotherhood trophies. This is actually the only save you really need as you'll be getting all other trophies in your original playthrough.

Step 6. Now after making the save, go ahead with the quest Mass Fusion and make the bortherhood your enemies. Keep going with the institute quest line from here but make sure you're also at the underground undercover quest for the railroad. At this point you should be nearly done it (Underground Undercover) when you get the Mass Fusion Quest.

Step 7. Once you finish the Mass Fusion quest, you should be able to finish the underground undercover quest which will later open up the rockets red glare quest. Now keep proceeding with the institute quests until you get to a quest called End of The Line (Don't do this quest yet)

Step 8. Once you've reached the End of The Line quest, don't proceed any further. Instead keep doing all the railroad quests until you get all their trophies.

Step 9. Eventually, the railroad will give you a quest after Rockets Red Glare called The Nuclear Options. Now at this point you can make a save so that you can come back and finish the game with the railroad but its not necessary unless you want to side with the rail road for your master save (I wanted to side with them so i made a save here and came back)

Step 10. At this point you should be sitting at the quest End of the Line for the institute and the quest Nuclear Option for the railroad. For trophy purposes, continue with End of the Line and then you'll get the Nuclear Family quest and finish that. This will give you all the institute trophies. By now you would have gotten all the quest trophies beside the Brotherhood of Steel and Nuclear Options (Unless you made a save at step 9 and reloaded that after finishing all institute trophies and finished the game with the railroad)

Step 11. Make sure you've saved after beating the game with the institute (Unless you wanted to side with the Brotherhood of the Steel or the Railroad for your master save) Now reload the save you made during Mass Fusion before turning the Brotherhood hostile.

Step 12. Once you've reloaded the save, go and warn the brotherhood instead of proceeding with the Mass Fusion quest and then continue with the brotherhood story.

Step 13. Now simply keep doing brotherhood quests and ignoring every other faction quests and you will be able to earn all brotherhood trophies.

Step 14. Now the only trophy you should have left is the Nuclear Options trophy (You may already have it if you made a save during step 9 and then reloaded that after beating the game with the institute and finished the game with the railroad) So right after you finish Ad Victoriam, you'll get the Nuclear Options quest from the brotherhood, just finish that and you will get the Nuclear options trophy.

And there you have it, now you should have all the quest related trophies and hopefully you made a save after beating the game with your preferred faction and can reload that and continue playing. Hopefully this was helpful to some who are still early in the game and are confused as to where to make a save. I'm sure you don't have to follow exactly what i did but where i made the save is crucial.

I tried to be as detailed and as concise as possible but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Edit: It has been brought to my attention that if you build the Mass Relay with the minute men, you might not end up unlocking the underground undercover quest. There's a simple fix for that and I have updated the guide with a Note in between so that it doesn't happen to you although this doesn't apply to everyone as I've only had 1 person ask about this problem they had.

Edit 2: Some people have been asking for which quests to watch out for that would lock them out of other factions trophies. I have included the quests at the beginning of the guide and then in the steps, I mention where to save and what to do during certain quests.

Edited by UnchartedMaster101

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one question you maybe able to answer, this guide looks quite good btw.

I read that if you get to a point it will say "doing this will cause 'BoS' to become hostile" .... will that work the same with the Institute? If I do BoS quests will at some point it say "Doing this will make you hostile to the Institute/Railroad"

My idea is to do as many of the quests as I can just before a lockout point for the other factions. i.e. get as far into the brotherhoods questline as I can before im locked to it... then go about the other stuff ((Mainly to reduce replaying time)) Currently I think im heading twords the second? Bronze trophy for them..Maybe the first after 'joining' them.

I got one question you maybe able to answer, this guide looks quite good btw.

I read that if you get to a point it will say "doing this will cause 'BoS' to become hostile" .... will that work the same with the Institute? If I do BoS quests will at some point it say "Doing this will make you hostile to the Institute/Railroad"

My idea is to do as many of the quests as I can just before a lockout point for the other factions. i.e. get as far into the brotherhoods questline as I can before im locked to it... then go about the other stuff ((Mainly to reduce replaying time)) Currently I think im heading twords the second? Bronze trophy for them..Maybe the first after 'joining' them.

Yeah I get what you're asking. And yeah all faction except the minute men have a point where another faction becomes hostile, that's why I said in the guide to make sure you're in good standing with all of them in the beginning. Although some quests might not alert you that you're about to have a faction become hostile so just be careful if you aren't following this guide.

And to address your idea, you could do that but you might accidently lock yourself out of something and I didn't do that so I can't confirm. If you follow this guide, you actually won't have to replay any quests at all as every quest will be new to you, so in that sense you're not adding extra playtime at all.

Hope this helped, good luck!

Do you think it is possible you (ot any other person) to make a quick chart with the branching paths, and as few spoilers as possible? Like put the name of the quest, "side with [...]" as a first branch and same for the other, and where you unlock the trophies, please?

I know this is a lot to ask, but sure it will help a lot, not just me and may be clearer.

Do you think it is possible you (ot any other person) to make a quick chart with the branching paths, and as few spoilers as possible? Like put the name of the quest, "side with [...]" as a first branch and same for the other, and where you unlock the trophies, please?

I know this is a lot to ask, but sure it will help a lot, not just me and may be clearer.

That will actually take a long time to do, if I get the time I'll definitely look into it but I feel like doing that might make things more complicated instead of doing a step by step guide. If you have any questions, let me know, good luck!

That will actually take a long time to do, if I get the time I'll definitely look into it but I feel like doing that might make things more complicated instead of doing a step by step guide. If you have any questions, let me know, good luck!

Yeah, you're right there. I found that when I was writing up my guide, everything made sense because I did it myself and knew the routes that I had to take to get it done. All of the faction trophies really just require you to fully understand all the quests until it finally pops in your head. I was thinking about creating some kind of flow chart as well, but it could get confusing as there's a ton of jumping around.

Your guide is concise, and amazing. Thank you.

I am more visual with text guides, and need it all spelled out for me, since there isn't an official guide yet. But, I added some BOLD and ITALICS and made everything kinda color coded by faction, with quest names....this has helped me follow your guide tremendously. This was mostly for my own personal use, but I thought I'd share. Helped a TON

Your guide is concise, and amazing. Thank you.

I am more visual with text guides, and need it all spelled out for me, since there isn't an official guide yet. But, I added some BOLD and ITALICS and made everything kinda color coded by faction, with quest names....this has helped me follow your guide tremendously. This was mostly for my own personal use, but I thought I'd share. Helped a TON

Yeah you're welcome! I don't mind as long as it was for personal use only, if you post it somewhere, do give me creds!

Thanks for posting the guide!

I don't know enough about the faction yet, so haven't decide who to stick with for my main save. You seemed to have done loads of missions for minutemen, Railroad and Institue and considered that you remain save, doing a shorter run for the Brotherhood just to get those trophies? Then turned back to your Institue save to continue the game?

If yes to the above, could I swap Institue and Brotherhood and do it that way? (Other threads seem to indicate that BoS and Institute are the main opponents and Railroad and Minutemen are more flexible).

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for posting the guide!

I don't know enough about the faction yet, so haven't decide who to stick with for my main save. You seemed to have done loads of missions for minutemen, Railroad and Institue and considered that you remain save, doing a shorter run for the Brotherhood just to get those trophies? Then turned back to your Institue save to continue the game?

If yes to the above, could I swap Institue and Brotherhood and do it that way? (Other threads seem to indicate that BoS and Institute are the main opponents and Railroad and Minutemen are more flexible).

Thanks for your time.

Actually after I beat the game with the institute, I loaded up a save (See step 9 for when to make this save) I made when I had the option to side with the institute (End of the line) or the Railroad (Nuclear Options) and so I sided with the Railroad the second time around and finished the game with them and used that as my master save. I still have my save from the institute ending but I liked the Railroad ending better so I stuck with that. Then after having beat the game with both the institute and railroad, I loaded up my save from Mass Fusion and played all the brotherhood quests, thus earning me all quest related trophies, I even went ahead and beat the game with the brotherhood even though I didn't need the Nuclear Options trophy anymore cause I got it from the Railroad as previously mentioned.

And to answer your question about swapping faction, yes you can. The absolute crucial save you must make is before doing the Mass Fusion quest where it alerts you that the brotherhood will get hostile, simply get the Mass Fusion quest but don't do anything further, make a save and then play how you want, then return to it later to get the rest of the faction trophies. Also something to note, the save you make during Mass Fusion must be where you are in good standing with all the factions and none are hostile towards you or else you will miss out on trophies.

Another thing to consider is that doing it your way will work but may require you to replay some quests after reloading your save at Mass Fusion. In my method, you don't replay any quests as all quests you will play are completely new. So you will save a lot of time.

And you're welcome, I was able to figure out a really good point to make a save and luckily it worked out (When I made the save at Mass Fusion, I wasn't sure it'd work but after testing it, I was really glad)

Hope this answered your question, good luck!

Edited by UnchartedMaster101

So on my way to Diamond City I ran into the BoS and agreed to help them with some quests. I have a save right before talking to them. It's the Call to Arms quest. From what I'm reading I can do these side missions fine? Just don't join them?

No you can in fact join all factions ( I joined all of them and did 1 or 2 quests for them, you just don't want to advance far enough in each of their stories to turn some other faction hostile (I.e. doing a lot of brotherhood quests and making an enemy of the railroad)

The only thing you need to make sure is that once you get to Mass Fusion, (Institute quest) you aren't an enemy of any faction and are in good standing with all of them and then make a save at the very beginning of Mass Fusion and use this save as a point to return to after beating the game to get the rest of the factions trophies you may have missed your first time around.

Hope this helped

No you can in fact join all factions ( I joined all of them and did 1 or 2 quests for them, you just don't want to advance far enough in each of their stories to turn some other faction hostile (I.e. doing a lot of brotherhood quests and making an enemy of the railroad)

The only thing you need to make sure is that once you get to Mass Fusion, (Institute quest) you aren't an enemy of any faction and are in good standing with all of them and then make a save at the very beginning of Mass Fusion and use this save as a point to return to after beating the game to get the rest of the factions trophies you may have missed your first time around.

Hope this helped

Yeah, that does help. Thanks!

Is it pretty obvious if I'm about to upset another faction?

Yeah, that does help. Thanks!

Is it pretty obvious if I'm about to upset another faction?

Most of the time you get a notification saying something like "proceeding any further will trun The Brotherhood of Steel hostile" then they'll give you 2 options: Proceed or Back out (or something like that)

So just back out.

This example I used is what you'll get at the Mass Fusion Quest.

Also, sometimes, when you're being breifed about the mission, it'll become pretty obvious that you're about to upset another faction group although at these times it won't have an alert so be careful. For example, there won't be an alert when either doing the Nuclear options quest for Minute men and Ad Vistoriam for Brotherhood of steel, as well as the End of the Line quest for the Institute.

Most of the time you get a notification saying something like "proceeding any further will trun The Brotherhood of Steel hostile" then they'll give you 2 options: Proceed or Back out (or something like that)

So just back out.

This example I used is what you'll get at the Mass Fusion Quest.

Also, sometimes, when you're being breifed about the mission, it'll become pretty obvious that you're about to upset another faction group although at these times it won't have an alert so be careful. For example, there won't be an alert when either doing the Nuclear options quest for Minute men and Ad Vistoriam for Brotherhood of steel, as well as the End of the Line quest for the Institute.

Thank you! It's a little like NV with the four endings. But I think this makes sense knowing what to watch for.