Need for Speed Bitching Thread

Youles

So I played for about 3-4 hours last night and so far I've had these issues:

- cars disappearing in front of me (usually after finishing an event)

- serious pop-up

- unable to access "Edit Paint & Wraps"*

- equipping purchased wheels doesn't save when exiting garage*

- save progress lost (approx. 2 hours worth)*

- completed 3 Daily Challenge but 2 got reset it seems as it then said only 1/3 complete*

*all due to servers, and the game being online.

It's not a good start really, particularly as there was a beta. Most issues seem to be because data isn't saving on the servers, and none of which seem to be necessary - I mean I can't change my wheels ffs?! I was against "online-only" from the start and this just confirms my thoughts and hates.

Since online-only is mandatory you would expect some good features, right? Nope. Just compared stats to players I don't know (or care about), and who happen to be driving in the same city (read: lobby) as me. Well who the fuck cares.

Furthermore the game isn't finished. Something as obvious as custom brakes/callipers are coming in an update!! An update?!! Wasn't the game delayed by a year for further development? And no manual gears?

Although this one is probably me being stupid - when I finally did manage to create a wrap, I couldn't seem to access previous layers (the Triangle button just seemed to allow me to change the overlay order of decals).

I want to play it again tonight but might try Black Ops 3 instead as I don't want to waste another evening!

EDIT: So not to seem like a total ass, other than the above I'm really enjoying the game and as a car fan, I love the level of customisation - just wish I could save it! ;)

Edited by Youles

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that it's always online feels like a big mistake imo. My first day of playing this I had numerous network failures even during events. The reason it's always online is to be able to drive in a crew I guess but yesterday me n a friend had an extremely hard time even getting in the same lobby. Apparently it is only possible to 'crew up' when you start up the game. The issues I had with the garage have worked itself out after a few hours and another restart but I did sell a good car for no reason because of it (thought it might be a solution for not beeing able to upgrade it).

Anyway I was hyped for this and even tho the graffix are simply unbelievable it's not what I expected.

Indeed. The fact that the game could be played totally offline, minus the background online features, just shows that it's an EA agenda. It means they can switch the servers off whenever they like and force people to buy the next NFS game.

Fortunately I've not had any issues during the events, only around progress and car modifications. I was very annoyed when I lost progress last night. I exited the game - for a break - and came back shortly afterwards and had lost about 2 hours progress. How did it not save at least once after the various other events I had completed! Very frustrating. And why is progress saved on the servers, could that information not be stored locally - along with car modifications data - you would still need to be online to play it?

How does the whole Crew thing work (with friends), presumably you can both continue your own story in the same lobby, but can also compete in events together?

Another note - I think the city is vastly under-populated with AI/NPC vehicles.

I was so hyped to play this game and 10 minutes into the intro part and I can no longer play. I was about to meet up with Amy to get into my garage and then all of a sudden I was disconnected from the servers. I had to restart the game and lo and behold no servers found please try again. That's all I get now. WTG EGAY!!! Let's make a racing game online only so if the servers go down the game is useless. Fucking morons, I swear EGAY is total trash for a developer these days.

Some things I've noticed - the 'hood' view with the Honda Civic is broken. All of my other cars show that view correctly, but the front end of the Civic is flashing on and off, sometimes not appearing at all. Also, I was disconnected in the middle of the final Ken Block race last night for server maintenance. I was able to connect right back, so what was the point?

One more thing that has been plaguing me is the cars seem to steer themselves at times. Again, last night I was driving on a freeway when my car suddenly took a sharp turn and crashed into the guardrail. I'm often having to fight with the controller to keep my car on the road. Happens with every car, both drift and grip. I don't have issues with the left analog on any other game or the NFS menus. Any thoughts on that one?

The trophy "iconic builder" (become a build icon) hasn't unlocked for me and I already beat the game. What should I do? I'd hate to start a new game :(

That sucks, hope you get it sorted.

Can you even start a new game as it's online-only? There's no local save data to delete.

Other things I hate.....I saved up and bought the Cayman GT4 and there’s only one bumper, one side-skirt and one rear bumper to choose from. Same goes for the McLaren. The “body-kit” is just buying all of those items bought collectively, and with the McLaren you can't fit a splitter with the body-kit on even though the front bumper has changed ffs! It’s such an unfinished game: the brakes can’t be customised yet this feature was shown in a pre-alpha video; a lot of cars don’t have alternative fenders, mirrors and other basic custom items; there are manufacturer decals on some AI cars but not available to us. Also it seems odd that you can have wheels from the brand Fifteen52, but their decal isn’t available!?! Also shocked there is no Monster decal given the drink is rammed in your face in every cutscene.

I’ve also had the colour of decals change for no reason; I’ve tried to select some decals and yet the selector thingy on screen won’t allow me to move over it (presumably it’s not loaded properly on the servers or something so is refusing to let me select it).

I like the game, it's just so, so unfinished imo.

I like the game, it's just so, so unfinished imo.

This exactly, it all looks very good but after taking a closer look the options are really limited also the fact that you can only have 5 cars is ridiculous. I mean that this kinda takes away any replayability for the games events. This is a plat n run game imo same as rivals.

Does anybody have certain things appear "off screen?"

For example the cop level and race invitations are half off the screen so I can't fully see what I'm doing. There are no options to adjust the screen height or width either and I have never had this issue with anything before as I run a 48" 1080P LED HD TV....

The game seems ridiculously short in my opinion. Plat and run indeed.

Enjoying the story and interaction and of course the gameplay/ graphics are very good. Just feels like a Beta same as Rivals. Typical EAids. £££$$$£$£$$$£

• Phone Rings Too Much (I don't need you to remind me I have events open)
  • People that ring you while you are in a race with them, talking about something different? (Takes away from the experience)
  • Rubber-banding (Damn how some of these cars catch up so quick is a mystery)
  • Online Only (Why is this game online only? I haven't done anything to interact with anyone, they only get in my way during a race)

hate the daily challenges were you have to finish a certain race but doesnt take you to it, making you search for that particular race

This is a really good point, and just highlights the lazy design in this game imo. ANY other game would take you directly to the event, or at the very least put a marker on the map for you upon selecting it.

Last night really pissed me off. I was doing one of the irritating Outlaw events and was 4 minutes into a 5-minute chase....when I got a warning that the servers were going offline in 30-seconds. Honestly, WTF, what IDIOT at EA thought that 30 seconds notice was sufficient, or fair! And doing a server reset or maintenance at 22:30 GMT on a Thursday evening?! Admittedly 30 seconds is probably enough time to finish most of the half-arsed events in this game, but typically not the one I was doing at the time.

:chair:

And ANOTHER thing...I spend a fair amount of time modifying my cars, then when I save the Wrap and exit, half the bloody decals have a horrible fuzzy line around them. What's more is that you can't just duplicate the decal, place it, then delete the original one as it just does duplicates this stupid fuzzy version! See the "Grip Enemy" decals, and green decals around the bottom of the rear bumper:

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w570/Youles/PlayStation/46F0EDF9-DF87-4D00-A438-434605C3D7A5_zpsgvvu6qtf.jpg

Edited by Youles

This is a really good point, and just highlights the lazy design in this game imo. ANY other game would take you directly to the event, or at the very least put a marker on the map for you upon selecting it.

Last night really pissed me off. I was doing one of the irritating Outlaw events and was 4 minutes into a 5-minute chase....when I got a warning that the servers were going offline in 30-seconds. Honestly, WTF, what IDIOT at EA thought that 30 seconds notice was sufficient, or fair! And doing a server reset or maintenance at 22:30 GMT on a Thursday evening?! Admittedly 30 seconds is probably enough time to finish most of the half-arsed events in this game, but typically not the one I was doing at the time.

:chair:

And ANOTHER thing...I spend a fair amount of time modifying my cars, then when I save the Wrap and exit, half the bloody decals have a horrible fuzzy line around them. What's more is that you can't just duplicate the decal, place it, then delete the original one as it just does duplicates this stupid fuzzy version! See the "Grip Enemy" decals, and green decals around the bottom of the rear bumper:

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w570/Youles/46F0EDF9-DF87-4D00-A438-434605C3D7A5_zpsgvvu6qtf.jpg

They actually gave 30 minutes warning. I had a notification every 5 minutes? But it seemed to end quicker than they mentioned though because i was kicked off after 15 minutes.:o

Nope, not for me, I only got a 30-second warning, then a 10-second warning - absolutely nothing before. I had been modding the above car, then drove around looking for cops, and was then in a chase for 4 minutes, and had no warnings during that time! :mad:

The fact that your 800hp Nissan Skyline R32 1999 gets beaten by a 197hp Honda Civic... Terrible AI.

oh the phone buzzing every 3 seconds.

Random turning to the right at high speeds (seriously..i tried 3 controllers and any speed past 155mph caused the car to jerk?..)

Oh the rubberbanding is that bad? :facepalm: You should play Duck Dynasty for real rubberbanding :whistle:

Now sometimes I do have problems with hearing, and you can tell when I turn the TV up, but most games has decent sound is it me or is everything so fucking quiet? Even at volume 10. I play most games around volume 8/9.

Edited by Combatting