Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_rating_na.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 0.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Didn't vote yet (I miss the trophy with all maxed levels 15).

But I can say it is easier than the main game if you went for all stars (which i did). I had a harder time with some drifting events and some time trials with the cars.

3/10. only hard one was that 1v1 against a guy in a japan point to point event. other than that i ran into like 3-5 events that were mildly challenging, and the rest were just simple.

I am not going to vote just yet (not quite done), but I just did that event earlier.. it was fairly frustrating due to the fact you have to do a stoppie and still get first. There was a time trial that required doing wheelies and getting the best time as well. Most of the circuit course time trials now require that you do a clean lap along with the best time which can be rather irritating too. The main reason being is that the game doesn't really tell you which corners you can cut and which you can't; plus, if both wheels go in the dirt your clean lap is invalidated regardless of whether it penalizes you or not so you may not even notice that you were disqualified. I imagine the DLC will force us to perform a handstand stoppie for 10 seconds and a superman air grab for 500 meters while still coming in first place in record time with no lap penalties during a CAT 5 hurricane at night given the direction they're taking these star requirements.

EDIT: I voted 4 for the learning curve and some irritating stars that I mentioned above.

Edited by Elegy

yeah, the wheelie time trial was a touch annoying. i didn't think it was one of the harder ones though because you can fly through the chicanes and gain loads of time where as the stoppie one you have a single good chance to do it and almost HAVE to keep the lead after you do it or its too hard to catch him up. the clean lap isnt necessary corner cutting, but meaning you need to stay on track (as you can see). i found it not that much harder though because you normally need a fairly clean lap as is to get the target time. it is a bit annoying though when you BARELY go off track and your whole lap is ruined.

it is a bit annoying though when you BARELY go off track and your whole lap is ruined.

That was the worst part of the game imo. Sometimes even being on the border part can make it say it wasnt clean even though you can clearly see you didnt touch dirt...

For the stoppie one I think I just went into a few of the harder turns too fast and got a little bit at a time and stayed with him. I found clean laps and the Challenge Accepted trophy to be the only "tough" parts about getting the plat...

Edited by JDizzle420

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I struggled with this a lot more than i'd like to admit. Im thinking a 5 is too low but a 6 is to high so ill give it a 5. Some time trials are tough as nails and there were multiple I spent upwards of 45 minutes trying to complete. Races weren't too bad, wish I learned the little glitch where you restart the race and then skip the 'ready' part. Would have made them all piss. Skill events were very easy.

Not factoring it into my vote but the EBR dlc was extremely easy apart from the time trials which took a bit of practice, so that gets a 3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

5 / 10

That is if you are someone like me who either never really played DriveClub or only went for the plat of the main game which had hardly any star requirements. If you already went through the DLC or just went for all the stars this probably feels like 3 / 10 or 2 / 10 for you.

Once you are really familiar with your bike the game is pretty easy. However until you are, some events feel like impossible for you. The totally unrealistic driving physics don't really help with that but if you don't know why you're last place all the time it will help to watch some youtube videos of good drivers. It also helped me to take the lap time related trophy on early. Check your section times and try to improve them every lap and once you managed to get a lap under the specified time you should be adequately prepared to take on the rest of the tour. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...