The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 – Step-By-Step Platinum Walkthrough

scharn73

• 5 weeks later...

I need help here because once again while following this guide I've ran into a brick wall. In Chapter 2 under the section "Golem Legs" it tells me to go back to "Bill The Trader" and to "open the hopping crate". There is no hopping crate...anywhere! Is there something I'm missing here because I'm completely stuck?

*UPDATE* Nevermind, finally it showed up.

Edited by TacoNinja

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK I'm having some issues here so any help would be much appreciated.

I'm at the point having just collected the pot of gold at end of rainbow. I go to Cheep and it says it's too heavy for him to carry. The guide/walkthrough says to talk to the King to ask about Cheep but the only options I have are "I am pregnant", "Enlighten me, Father!" and "See you later, Father". I picked the sunflower seeds earlier but have no apparent way to get the new conversation option.

OK I'm having some issues here so any help would be much appreciated.

I'm at the point having just collected the pot of gold at end of rainbow. I go to Cheep and it says it's too heavy for him to carry. The guide/walkthrough says to talk to the King to ask about Cheep but the only options I have are "I am pregnant", "Enlighten me, Father!" and "See you later, Father". I picked the sunflower seeds earlier but have no apparent way to get the new conversation option.

Did you pick up sunflower seeds twice? Have you checked your inventory to make sure they are still there before talking to the king?

I did, I even went back to sunflower plant to check and she says she doesn't need anymore from it. They are in my inventory too that's for sure.

Ug, don't know what to say. I'm not aware of any reported issue with this first area. My only (feeble) suggestion would be to try to exhaust all conversation options with the King and Cheep at a minimum and probably all the other NPCs too since there are not that many. I know that hardly qualifies as help, but I don't know what else to check if you've done all of the steps listed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just used the guide again to plat the game on PS3 this time. Thanks again!

I would update the end bit at Chapter 4 -- the guard monkey won't be there when you arrive at Tugator. You have to go into the palace and demand the compass from the Red Pirate and have him kick you out - the monkey will follow and stand outside the door with the key.

I would update the end bit at Chapter 4 -- the guard monkey won't be there when you arrive at Tugator. You have to go into the palace and demand the compass from the Red Pirate and have him kick you out - the monkey will follow and stand outside the door with the key.

I've added this to the guide. Thank you!

On the PS3 version I got the trophy for Exterminator on only 3 of 4 kobolds.

The one for the plants isn't needed for the trophy it seems. On my PS4 my last one was the window one. My last on the PS3 was the plant one.

Either way I guess it doesn't really matter. :p

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently playing through the game and following your step by step walkthrough. It has been immensely helpful so far, and I thank you for the amazing effort you put forth in creating it!

As I was playing I noticed a couple really minor things and figured I'd note them in case you wanted to update the guide. Keep in mind that I am playing on PS3, not PS4, so I guess certain things could be different (though they really shouldn't, that'd just be more work for the dev). The red text signifies where I either added a comment or made a change to one of your steps. Hopefully that's clear enough, as I didn't know how else to distinguish between your text and mine. Of course it's your guide, so feel free to ignore or incorporate these suggestions as you see fit.

EDIT: I think I'll do a single quoted post for each of your posts, just to make things easier to follow.

QUOTE OF Post #2:

Elfburrow (Chapter 1)

Bedroom

[Note: You can now explore]

^^ This simply lets players know it's not an in-game action, but something they can now do. It's actually not a necessary step, if you wanted to remove it entirely or add it to the previous step.

Library

The following step from 'Pot of Gold' can be done the first time you're in the library. Just a note, not required in any way.

Take the top right book from the bookshelf next to the Blue Creature.

Receive a carpentry book in the inventory.

Red Herring

Your fishing skill will rise to 1.

Go back to the library.

Look at the book shelf right next to the large bluish stuffed animal.

Read the book on fishing.

^^ I tried reading the book at skill level 1 and 3 and was not able to, so I fished few more times and got up to level 7 and then when I went back I was able to read it. My guess is you must be level 5+ to read the book.

Eventually Ivo will catch a red herring and place it in her inventory.

^^ This happened for me right after I hit skill level 25. It might be worth putting this in the guide as a general reference point.

Missable: Keep fishing until Ivo catches the master fisher’s hat and places it in her inventory. You must complete this before leaving the area.

^^ This happened for me right after I hit skill level 45. It might be worth putting this in the guide as a general reference point.

Create the potion

Take the water jug next to the bowl.

Pour water into the bowl.

The following step from 'Magic Mirror' can be done right after the above steps to save time backtracking later to Ivo's room for this one item.

Take the jug from the table.

Receive the jug in the inventory.

Throne Room

-or-

Magic Mirror

Look at the moon well next to the Queen.

Talk to the Queen.

Add a step either here or in first Throne Room visit that you must look at the stone symbols on the pillars before the conversation topic about them will show up when talking to the Queen. You cannot ask any of the following questions without looking at the pillars first.

Ask about the stone symbols on the columns.

Ask about the different types of water.

Ask for some moon water.

Hippogriff Purchase

Speak to the King. Ask him about Cheep.

^^ Add note that you must exhaust all conversation topics (other than Enlighten Me) before you can ask the King about Cheep.

That's as far as I got so far, will continue playing today and post more, if I see anything. Thanks again for the guide!

QUOTE OF Post #3

Seastone (Chapter 1)

Classroom

The following steps from 'Entrance Hall' can be added to the end of this section, which eliminates the need to come back to the Classroom just for the magic slate.

Go back to the classroom.

Look at the package on the podium.

Receive a magic slate in the inventory.

This was the only thing I saw in this post or Post #4 that was even worth mentioning. I'm about to start Chapter 2 (Post #5), looking good so far!

Edited by Matto

QUOTE OF Post #5:

Drunken Brawl

Missable: You must hit all 4 comic book balloons before they disappear[...]

Missable: Unlock Drunken Master (B)(H) after hitting the 4th balloon successfully.

^^ I had 5 prompts. I don't know if all 5 are required as when I got 4 in a row the first time I also hit the fifth, but there's definitely 5 balloon prompts to hit in this scene.

That was the only thing I really noticed. Again, I'm on the PS3 version, but it's probably not any different.