The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 – Step-By-Step Platinum Walkthrough

scharn73

I followed all the steps, completed the game with Tut-Tut without cheating, climbed through the tunnel, and went back into the Pyramid. I looked at the board on the wall in the right room, and it never presented me with any additional options to try and open it.

What does the game say when you perform an action on it?

What does the game say when you perform an action on it?

Looking at it just caused the standard explanation of it looks like some sort of game board.

It doesn't let me perform any action on it anymore. After I looked at it, the action buttons completely disappeared, like it's not there anymore. Did the same thing for all three characters.

Edit: I found a guide on YouTube that says you have to look at it on the wall while Tut-Tut is still on your back so that he will explain what it is, but that you can't interact with it and actually play the game to get the prize until after you've taken him to the tomb.

Edited by animuson

It would of been really nice if you put that Eyecatcher was misable before I brought him into the tomb and not put it at the bottom after I played the game with him.. I'm completely fucked now and have to start a second playthrough for the platinum :(

I was using the Gameboomers guide and made sure after i done a section, I would manually save and then backup my save to the cloud, just to make sure I don't miss anything.

I had the same problem with Eyecatcher, the first time I never touched the board when I had the mummy on my back and when i touched the board after he sat on the throne, it said "I should of asked the mummy how to play this" and then no more prompts would show for the board. Had to reload my Cloud save and then made sure try to touch the board as soon as I got in the tomb.

I think a mention of this needs to be added to the guide.

Looking at it just caused the standard explanation of it looks like some sort of game board.

It doesn't let me perform any action on it anymore. After I looked at it, the action buttons completely disappeared, like it's not there anymore. Did the same thing for all three characters.

Edit: I found a guide on YouTube that says you have to look at it on the wall while Tut-Tut is still on your back so that he will explain what it is, but that you can't interact with it and actually play the game to get the prize until after you've taken him to the tomb.

It would of been really nice if you put that Eyecatcher was misable before I brought him into the tomb and not put it at the bottom after I played the game with him.

I was using the Gameboomers guide and made sure after i done a section, I would manually save and then backup my save to the cloud, just to make sure I don't miss anything.

I had the same problem with Eyecatcher, the first time I never touched the board when I had the mummy on my back and when i touched the board after he sat on the throne, it said "I should of asked the mummy how to play this" and then no more prompts would show for the board. Had to reload my Cloud save and then made sure try to touch the board as soon as I got in the tomb.

I think a mention of this needs to be added to the guide.

All I can say is sorry that I missed that very important prerequisite step; I had no idea it was required while the mummy was still on Nate's back. I've made the following changes to this guide. Let me know if they still are not clear enough.

Open sesame

5. Missable: Before you leave this room, you must inspect the loose wooden panel on the left wall with Nate while the mummy is still on his back. The mummy will explain how the panel works. Keep inspecting it until the result text stays the same. This step is a missable prerequisite step required for the missable Eyecatcher trophy. Eventually the mummy will permanently get off of Nate's back as part of the storyline and if you have not inspected this panel by the time that happens then it will be too late. The Pyramid Safe steps below will eventually complete this trophy.

Pyramid Safe

1. Missable: This entire set of steps is highly missable as the side quest can only be started while the mummy is still on Nate's back but can only be completed after the mummy permanently leaves Nate's back when you find and talk to Tut-Tut. Both the prerequisite step and the steps below can easily be missed.

Edited by scharn73

All I can say is sorry that I missed that very important prerequisite step; I had no idea it was required while the mummy was still on Nate's back. I've made the following changes to this guide. Let me know if they still are not clear enough.

Open sesame

5. Missable: Before you leave this room, you must inspect the loose wooden panel on the left wall with Nate while the mummy is still on his back. The mummy will explain how the panel works. Keep inspecting it until the result text stays the same. This step is a missable prerequisite step required for the missable Eyecatcher trophy. Eventually the mummy will permanently get off of Nate's back as part of the storyline and if you have not inspected this panel by the time that happens then it will be too late. The Pyramid Safe steps below will eventually complete this trophy.

Pyramid Safe

1. Missable: This entire set of steps is highly missable as the side quest can only be started while the mummy is still on Nate's back but can only be completed after the mummy permanently leaves Nate's back when you find and talk to Tut-Tut. Both the prerequisite step and the steps below can easily be missed.

That sounds good, gives a good explanation. I wasn't having a go. What you done will help a lot of other people get the platinum. I got the platinum before this guide you did was up. must say you have put a lot of work into this.

I hated this game SO much but at least I got the platinum by following your walkthrough and lots of spamming through conversations. I found it to be accurate, clearly written and easy to follow (a rarity in online walkthroughs!).

Many thanks for all your effort.

I actually loved this game. Until it got to the point where it dragged out and had you back tracking and doing the same shit over and over again

No worries. I also would have been perturbed over having to do a long replay of a game I was expecting to do in 1 playthrough.

It's actually not that bad. I never continued past that point, and I figured "well I might as well just start over and work my way back to that point."

To my surprise, when I went to the New Game screen, it let me select which chapter I wanted to start at. It had Chapter 1 and Chapter 4 available, and 2 and 3 were disabled (no idea why), so I only have to replay from the beginning of Chapter 4 to get back to that point.

I'm assuming it lets you restart the current chapter while you're still playing and unlocks all of them at the end? I have no idea, but it seemed weird that the middle two chapters weren't selectable. There is a chapter select feature though, even if it's broken.

Edited by animuson

It's actually not that bad. I never continued past that point, and I figured "well I might as well just start over and work my way back to that point."

To my surprise, when I went to the New Game screen, it let me select which chapter I wanted to start at. It had Chapter 1 and Chapter 4 available, and 2 and 3 were disabled (no idea why), so I only have to replay from the beginning of Chapter 4 to get back to that point.

I'm assuming it lets you restart the current chapter while you're still playing and unlocks all of them at the end? I have no idea, but it seemed weird that the middle two chapters weren't selectable. There is a chapter select feature though, even if it's broken.

OMG NO SHIT? I'll check this when I get home and report back :dance:

One last thing to add, that I found out as I was playing through Chapter 5.

After you open the first seal on the chest in the castle, at some point you need to look at the first seal (all the way at the left). Otherwise, the dialog about van Buren will not appear when talking to the mayor and you won't be able to inspect the four graves individually in the cemetery later on.

I had to look this up in another guide because I wouldn't have thought to go all the way back to the castle and inspect that seal. I was just sitting there wondering why looking at the cemetery wasn't doing anything, and the mayor had no further conversation options. But once I went back and looked at the seal, I returned to the mayor and there was a new conversation option. Then went back and looked at the cemetery and it split into the four as mentioned in this guide.

One last thing to add, that I found out as I was playing through Chapter 5.

After you open the first seal on the chest in the castle, at some point you need to look at the first seal (all the way at the left). Otherwise, the dialog about van Buren will not appear when talking to the mayor and you won't be able to inspect the four graves individually in the cemetery later on.

I had to look this up in another guide because I wouldn't have thought to go all the way back to the castle and inspect that seal. I was just sitting there wondering why looking at the cemetery wasn't doing anything, and the mayor had no further conversation options. But once I went back and looked at the seal, I returned to the mayor and there was a new conversation option. Then went back and looked at the cemetery and it split into the four as mentioned in this guide.

Thanks for reporting. I've added the following as the first step underneath One seal left:

1. Investigate the unlocked 1st seal on the chest until the result text remains the same. This step is necessary to unlock the graveyard conversation options with the mayor..

Thanks for reporting. I've added the following as the first step underneath One seal left:

1. Investigate the unlocked 1st seal on the chest until the result text remains the same. This step is necessary to unlock the graveyard conversation options with the mayor..

Awesome guide man! I just completed the game on the X-Box One and this was really the only step missing. You could go and post this guide on Xbox One, Xbox 360 Achievements, News, Reviews, Guides & Forums at XboxAchievements.com too since we have nothing there and your guide is simply perfect. :)

I'm having an insanely difficult time trying to get the 'yes master' trophy. I've managed to get to the water and made a save file but from there on I'm just completely lost. I try going north a couple of seconds, then east, then north, but whatever I do wherever I go I can't hear wooden floorboards and I can't find the location I need. I've been stuck here for two hours and it's driving me crazy. :( I just want this plat over with but this stupid black room is preventing me!!

What do you mean by "While heading north, press towards the east so that you can take the first crossroads to the east.", from the water should I be heading northeast (diagonally on thumb stick) or north a bit then east a bit then north and so on?? I'm desperate here. :o

EDIT: Finally got it after seemingly forever, I tried turning up the brightness on my tv by 25 or so and that helped wonders. Might be worth sticking it in the guide, I couldn't see everything but it allowed me to see all the walls and where pathways begin in the area directly around the character, managed to get it first try after hours of unsuccessful attempts!! Made it significantly easier.

Edited by RPGriffin

I'm having an insanely difficult time trying to get the 'yes master' trophy. I've managed to get to the water and made a save file but from there on I'm just completely lost. I try going north a couple of seconds, then east, then north, but whatever I do wherever I go I can't hear wooden floorboards and I can't find the location I need. I've been stuck here for two hours and it's driving me crazy. :( I just want this plat over with but this stupid black room is preventing me!!

What do you mean by "While heading north, press towards the east so that you can take the first crossroads to the east.", from the water should I be heading northeast (diagonally on thumb stick) or north a bit then east a bit then north and so on?? I'm desperate here. :o

What I personally did was head north maybe a step or two and then I pushed to the east until I hit the wall. At that point I pushed NE on the :l3: stick until I entered the next hallway (which was very close). It is a frustrating area. The only other thing I could mention is the pathways are closer together than one would think so you don't have to walk far to hit the next place you need to turn.

EDIT: Finally got it after seemingly forever, I tried turning up the brightness on my tv by 25 or so and that helped wonders. Might be worth sticking it in the guide, I couldn't see everything but it allowed me to see all the walls and where pathways begin in the area directly around the character, managed to get it first try after hours of unsuccessful attempts!! Made it significantly easier.

Good suggestion. I added this:

RPGriffin also suggested turning up the brightness setting as far as it can go to see slightly better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the guide!

For Yes, Master...it seems obvious, but it may still be worth mentioning that in the settings/options menu, you have the ability to completely turn off the music in the game. It helps tremendously.

That is a good suggestion. I had the game music off the entire time so I did not think of that. I have added that to the guide.