Mad Max - Up To The Task Guide

AstroFlibble

Once you install the latest patch you cannot go back to an unpatched version of the game, unless you also have an older save that hasn't been used since before you patched the game.

The latest patch contains some significant changes to the game and saves made post-patch cannot be used with earlier versions.

That means im f****ed.

I was looking really looking forward to plat this.

Did i said i have map glitch as well :dance:

I should have listened to you and save every day :)

Edited by EraserHeadCro

Great guide! Not much left before this is my 76th platinum :applause:

Would you recommend me getting the "upto the task" trophy out of the way before I get the racing/ archangel trophies etc as well as the collectibles?

Currently at 68% completion? Are any trophies missable after taking over all scrotus camps ?

Any advice thanks in advance

Would you recommend me getting the "upto the task" trophy out of the way before I get the racing/ archangel trophies etc as well as the collectibles?

Currently at 68% completion? Are any trophies missable after taking over all scrotus camps ?

Some of the Up To The Task challenges are related to using archangels, and are easier to obtain during the races, eg shoot 2 fuel tanks using sniper rifle. The collectibles are also part of the UTTT trophy, ie 191 scavenging locations, and 77 insignias.

For most, UTTT trophy the very last trophy to get before plat.

There are no missable trophies, just that some challenges (not trophies, but challenges lead up to the UTTT trophy) might be harder to obtain if u took over all the camps, eg obtain fury in 10 seconds, or killing 8 in 1 fury meter, or 25 hit combo.

I read all the post but i had no problem with any challenges except one that came naturally with progress into the story. I've complete all the camps and 100% loot them and they green check mark on yellow background, my in game static tell me that i complete 37 camp but my challenge list tell me that i miss one. is there a 38th camp in the map or it's glitch somehow? cause i've got all the challenges except this one. is there a way to get pass this except starting over again??:(:(

Edited by carmania

Useful guide mate just got a couple of questions for any that may be able to help.

Guide says "You will only need to complete the challenges that don’t have 'completed x amount of times' under the description." Does this count for ones that say 0 times completed?

Secondly I can find any mention of unbeatable in here which is to kill 15 guys in a row without taking damage.

Useful guide mate just got a couple of questions for any that may be able to help.

Guide says "You will only need to complete the challenges that don’t have 'completed x amount of times' under the description." Does this count for ones that say 0 times completed?

Secondly I can find any mention of unbeatable in here which is to kill 15 guys in a row without taking damage.

That's exactly what the guide says. When a challeneges has "0 times completed", "1 time completed", etc. under it, you do not need to complete it for the trophy.

Unbeatable is one of these challenges and therefore not needed for the trophy. The one for 8 kills or so however is needed.

Some of the Up To The Task challenges are related to using archangels, and are easier to obtain during the races, eg shoot 2 fuel tanks using sniper rifle.

I don't think using races for that is easy, but just shooting fuel tanks on moving cars then yes that would be easy once you have lv4 shotgun it even takes out armored fuel tanks and tires! Should just shoot fuel tanks and win the races!

This was an easy way, and they wasn't even the convoy vehicles!

Mad Max - Rule the Day - Shoot 2 fuel tanks on moving vehicles using the Sniper Rifle also works for Point and Shoot!

Edited by gtasthehunter

I guess I lucked out. I was fully expecting the game to glitch on me but thankfully, I didn't run into a single glitch (aside from Max randomly falling through the map a few times).

I played the game from the beginning with the latest patch installed, 1.03 if I recall. I've died a couple of times where I've taken down a scarecrow or camp only for me to die and end up at the game over screen; which apparently the game still counted it even though I never got the usual "threat lowered" notification in he middle of the screen. I've also 100% looted several scavenging locations, like the above, never getting a notification in the the middle of the screen.

So not sure why glitches are occurring for some of you :|.

I guess I lucked out. I was fully expecting the game to glitch on me but thankfully, I didn't run into a single glitch (aside from Max randomly falling through the map a few times).

I played the game from the beginning with the latest patch installed, 1.03 if I recall. I've died a couple of times where I've taken down a scarecrow or camp only for me to die and end up at the game over screen; which apparently the game still counted it even though I never got the usual "threat lowered" notification in he middle of the screen. I've also 100% looted several scavenging locations, like the above, never getting a notification in the the middle of the screen.

So not sure why glitches are occurring for some of you :|.

Agreed aside from silly glitches, nothing severe like has been reported

The glitches that some players are suffering with appear to be random. I'd just say back up saves as much as possible and hope you don't get hit with anything. I went into the game 4 days early without any knowledge of what could do wrong, so I'd consider myself a bit lucky that I had no issues at all.

You'll need a large amount of overall game completion before all archangels are available to build, so I'd just go for them as and when they become available. You'll also need some of them for Up To The Task.

No trophies should be missable after all Scrotus camps are finished, as there are a decent amount of places which still have enemies spawning. You may have a tougher time with some of the challenges though, so it is advisable to leave some of the camps until last.

Looks like I wont be getting the plat. Having cleared everything and finding I only have Stick it to Ya left with only 2 kills in this challenge I'm well and truly screwed. I have been to various locations suggested in many threads and seen nothing.

It might have been random, but I came across a boarder vehicle pretty much immidiatley after fast travelling to the death Run location south for Deep Friah.

Might be worth a shot fast travelling there at night a few times.

Looks like I wont be getting the plat. Having cleared everything and finding I only have Stick it to Ya left with only 2 kills in this challenge I'm well and truly screwed. I have been to various locations suggested in many threads and seen nothing.

Well... I'm with you there mate... But unfortunately in a worse state.

I've spent serious time trying to get this plat. now... getting pi**ed off.

I'm currently stuck at 190/191 locations, with everything 100% in the game.

I was told to delete game and reinstall without patch, but after reading this thread, it appears THAT is even a NO GO.

Does anyone have any advise on this matter?

Edited by Jack Dex

I was told to delete game and reinstall without patch, but after reading this thread, it appears THAT is even a NO GO.

Wait and pray that AS release patch-fix ;)

Did you finish story? and look for a Wasteland Mission "A Shot in The Dark" Deep Friah's Temple. That is if missed doing it before won't get till after story and won't show any icons on map! But i forget if that location even counts as a scavenging location, I'm thinking it didn't count!

Could check the last 191 locations you might have went to if could remember what order!

Map of Scavenging Locations

Hmm, getting pretty miffed to be honest with this game, been waiting for it to come out, and they release with several issues?!

Only have 14 challenges left for upto the task which is straight forward, doesn't look like I'll get plat 76 as my maps glitched out!!! Nothing I've tried has solved it an there website is pathetic, no help what so ever ! Tried scrap looting, scavenging, I'd already upgraded all strongholds an side missions/ main missions, and all balloon locations.. Stuff starting again, taken about 70 hours and I'll be stuck at 80% completion.. Can't be arsed playing it when I ain't got use of a common sense item a MAP! :mad:

Did you try the somewhat hidden locations in Chums region at the very south of the map? I was missing a location there, maybe it's the one you need?

Yep got that one and rechecked.

Wait and pray that AS release patch-fix ;)

Seems like it

Did you finish story? and look for a Wasteland Mission "A Shot in The Dark" Deep Friah's Temple. That is if missed doing it before won't get till after story and won't show any icons on map! But i forget if that location even counts as a scavenging location, I'm thinking it didn't count!

Could check the last 191 locations you might have went to if could remember what order!

Map of Scavenging Locations

Yea I've defo cleared it all... Just border challenge left.. And they are non existent too!

P.S I DID delete and reinstall.. Even re-checked map... Still nothing!

Edited by Jack Dex

You need to be connected to the Warner Bros. servers to earn Scrap for one of the challenges.

Wich challenge is that?

Other question: when says "Completed 0 (zero) time(s)", it menas there are I already completed that challenge? Becouse some did not say anything and others challenges says "completed ZERO times".