Mad Max - Up To The Task Guide

AstroFlibble

Does anyone have a solution for this cause I only have 968 scraps from 2000, Is my only option leaving the game for about 2 days ?!

You only earn offline scrap while the game isn't running, so if you have all strongholds upgraded then yes, you'll need to shut down the game for a couple of days and then login, at which point you should get a few hundred scrap per stronghold. I believe the calculation is 6 scrap per stronghold per hour, so that's 576 scrap per day. At that rate it'll be a bit under 48 hours for you.

I don't think they want you to not play the game, they wanted to provide a means to get scrap while you weren't playing the game. Unfortunately, a lot of people who are going for Platinum didn't know about this challenge or just didn't build up their scrap crew early, so in those cases there's nothing to do but wait.

I don't think they want you to not play the game, they wanted to provide a means to get scrap while you weren't playing the game. Unfortunately, a lot of people who are going for Platinum didn't know about this challenge or just didn't build up their scrap crew early, so in those cases there's nothing to do but wait.
Still they put it as a challenge and 2000 is a lot :(

Thanks for the help.

Still they put it as a challenge and 2000 is a lot :(

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, it does take a while that's for sure. I suggest in the guide to get the stronghold projects done as soon as possible so people can get it before they finish the game but that's not always how it goes. At least you can (hopefully) play something else while you wait.

I got it using the stronghold trick. Make sure you boost into them, and hit them right on the front.

Chicken Soup:- Defeat 5 Rammerhead or Skullbutt vehicles by ramming head to head with the level 5 "Clawjaw Kill Grill"

did this this again isn't working for me you and record it should be some repeatable challages that shows it still counts

Cause you don't get the "Head to Head" notice, and i've done at lest 2-3 times and boosted in to the front.

Edit: just finished this must have been the wrong car before or something. but it had the same lv5 looking grill as the Rammerhead and the same body!

Edited by gtasthehunter

Both having a combo and getting special kills like shiv kills, gutshots etc. boosts the furymeter up. What I did was just beat up guys till the fury ends then when at 30x combo or so I got the opportunity to perform a shiv kill which filled almost half the meter, finally just knocked a guy out regularly and the meter was filled in 5 seconds.

Thanks I finally got it after trying several times at Proving Grounds. Using fury to build a combo then quickly doing several gutshots did it for me on the 2nd wave. In my euphoria I forgot to save the gameplay :(

OP please add this video to your guide for the Rattling Your Dags challenge. I had the hardest time with this challenge, tried for days with various guides and YouTube videos at the usual recommended locations (Havoc Point, Proving Ground, etc.) but no luck. Came across this video 5 minutes ago and unlocked the challenge instantly, it doesn't get any easier than this.

Just drive up to the scavenging location with a fully upgraded Max, parry the first guy with the bat, reversal, melee weapon execution, then just keep swinging at the other two enemies (light strikes will be fine) and you will finish with JUST enough Fury to activate the meter, all done in 10 seconds or less. Just reload your save if you don't get it the first try.

OP please add this video to your guide for the Rattling Your Dags challenge. I had the hardest time with this challenge, tried for days with various guides and YouTube videos at the usual recommended locations (Havoc Point, Proving Ground, etc.) but no luck. Came across this video 5 minutes ago and unlocked the challenge instantly, it doesn't get any easier than this.

Just drive up to the scavenging location with a fully upgraded Max, parry the first guy with the bat, reversal, melee weapon execution, then just keep swinging at the other two enemies (light strikes will be fine) and you will finish with JUST enough Fury to activate the meter, all done in 10 seconds or less. Just reload your save if you don't get it the first try.

That isn't really all that hard I've gotten that at-lest twice without even trying!

That isn't really all that hard I've gotten that at-lest twice without even trying!

Good for you. :applause:

But evidently there are other people on the internet, including some in this very same thread, who just aren't as skillful as you, and I hope the video will help them as much as it helped me. It never hurt to pass along useful information.

Good for you. :applause:

But evidently there are other people on the internet, including some in this very same thread, who just aren't as skillful as you, and I hope the video will help them as much as it helped me. It never hurt to pass along useful information.

I don't know any useful information, it just happened and i wasn't doing anything all that special.

All I really do with lots of enemies is press :square: then :triangle: and just spam them alternating between the buttons! If melee weapon users are around with full skill upgrades I disarm them spamming :triangle: and :cross: then use Melee Weapon Finisher, then just spam the other buttons... and use finisher if you have the chance... and it has only happened twice, i know i didn't have that many skill upgrades!

Edited by gtasthehunter

I am worried about rattle dags, the fury meter seems to always be at least partly full, also when fury runs out sometimes its still partially full. I don't understand how this works

The way it works think of it as a challenge to use then refill the fury meter. By using the fury meter to completion then filling it up again within the time limit.

Or follow that video guide where someone filled an already empty meter to full by killing a few guys at a scavenging location.

Am attempting to do the "snipe tanks of moving vehicles" challenges and it's super tough. Tried this spot: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFpWJ2ctRhc but it seems it's no use once you've reduced all threat there.

Does anyone know another good spot that works with everything else already done?

Edited by SoPoF

Am attempting to do the "snipe tanks of moving vehicles" challenges and it's super tough. Tried this spot: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFpWJ2ctRhc but it seems it's no use once you've reduced all threat there.

Does anyone know another good spot that works with everything else already done?

I haven't tried it, but some other places suggest doing the Reconvene Death Race that features the Rule of War archangel, then snipe at the start of the race.

Waiting along the route of a convoy is the usual advice but I've tried it, difficult to get it cuz the cars go by really fast and many of them are armoured.

This is where I got both challenges at 2 different times using 2 different vehicles! It will help if you still have the convoy there, not sure how it will work without a convoy anywhere! You might be able to get a War Party or Roadkill, or even Buzzards< but they don't have fuel tanks, well flame raiders do but other don't.

Could try to go to Pink Eyes Stronghold pull out a Rammerhead park it get out and call chum might not want to get in the car right away, and Roadkill or if night buzzards could show, destroy 2 weaken 1 of them Lv 2 thunderpoon level 1 armor or sideburners till they start to run, might be able to get 1 at a time like this chase and shoot fuel tank! And I've check that after getting platinum they still show up! But didn't need to use them for this. now sure how fast they will get away!

Or after race with?

Radiant Shadow at Even Rip in Region: Knite Sack, the race seems to end with lots of Roadkill still around and they should try to run away! have the Rule the Day before starting and revert back after the race and they should till be there? Or any other Time Bomb type race could work!

Edited by gtasthehunter

I haven't tried it, but some other places suggest doing the Reconvene Death Race that features the Rule of War archangel, then snipe at the start of the race.

Thanks so much, brilliant idea. Worked perfectly well and quickly!

@gtasthehunter: I tried the spot shown in your vid. While I had bad luck and couldn't hit the vehicles, at least they showed up rather quickly despite having done the convoy earlier.

OP please add this video to your guide for the Rattling Your Dags challenge.

Looks helpful, however, it seems to require shown scavenging location to not be scavenged yet.

Edited by SoPoF

The location here is perfect for any of the melee challenges, I think:

Lots of enemies, even more if you happen to attract vehicles on your way there and they all respawn every single time you fast travel. If you struggle with those challenges, give it a try! I got the remaining two ones there rather quickly.

The location here is perfect for any of the melee challenges, I think:

Lots of enemies, even more if you happen to attract vehicles on your way there and they all respawn every single time you fast travel. If you struggle with those challenges, give it a try! I got the remaining two ones there rather quickly.

I used this spot for 15 kill without getting hit, it doesn't pop there i get it later, and you don't need to use Fast Travel, and is anyone sure that fast travel doesn't reset the kills? and It seem like call camps in Gastown Territory respawns enemies!

The way it works think of it as a challenge to use then refill the fury meter. By using the fury meter to completion then filling it up again within the time limit.

Or follow that video guide where someone filled an already empty meter to full by killing a few guys at a scavenging location.

I already cleared that spot, and it doesn't seem to re-spawn enemies. I still am completely unclear how this works. The stupid meter always seems to be at least partly full. I tried to follow the other guide and fill the fury meter then let it completely drain however the meter doesn't seem to empty. Thankfully I got the 8 fury kills during the final mission on chapter 3.

I already cleared that spot, and it doesn't seem to re-spawn enemies. I still am completely unclear how this works. The stupid meter always seems to be at least partly full. I tried to follow the other guide and fill the fury meter then let it completely drain however the meter doesn't seem to empty. Thankfully I got the 8 fury kills during the final mission on chapter 3.

The meter didn't empty cuz you killed everyone before the meter emptied. The only way to get it to completely empty is to completely use up the meter and still have enemies left alive. The moment fury ends is the moment the counter starts.

So if u want to fully drain it, either find alot of enemies or just don't hit anyone while in fury mode.