Mad Max - Up To The Task Guide

AstroFlibble

Reached rank 110 or something and still it shows 16 are outstanding. This one trophy is pissing me off. Finished every damn thing inthe game. Will try for couple of days and if I get it good or else will give it up.

It will always show the repeatable challenges as outstanding, you don't need to complete those for the trophy, and they keep coming back.

The only ones you need to get rid of are the non-repeatable ones.

Looks like clearing out the map before finishing the game is a BAD idea since u need alot of stuff left to finish off the challenges. Think I cleared out all the convoys :(

How does one execute the gut shot once unlocked? I've never seen it appear as a context button press.

Killing enemies with the boarder spikes is the only real bitch after clearing everything else. Other than that, the rest are actually pretty simple for the most part.

5 boarder spike kills is the only thing keeping me from the platinum, but I actually got so sick of sitting around waiting for the night cycle for the off chance of finding Buzzards driving a boarder truck that I finally gave up and shelved the game.

I have a question about the challenges. Is it possible the patch changed them? I could not for the life of me find 2 challenges:

- fill fury meter in 20 seconds or less

- fill fury meter in 10 seconds or less

I only have 60, 50, 40 and 30 seconds. I searched through both Combat and All listings, but could not locate eg "Rattling the Dags" and under Combat I only have 5 challenges left listed: Gutshot, Wall Finisher, 15 melee kills without taking damage, 25 hit combo, disarm 10 enemies.

Also, above, my challenge is to do a combo of 25 hits but the challenge guide says it's 20. My stats even said the highest combo I've done is 23.

I checked and checked and pretty damn sure on the above.

Killing enemies with the boarder spikes is the only real bitch after clearing everything else. Other than that, the rest are actually pretty simple for the most part.

5 boarder spike kills is the only thing keeping me from the platinum, but I actually got so sick of sitting around waiting for the night cycle for the off chance of finding Buzzards driving a boarder truck that I finally gave up and shelved the game.

I got boarder spikes naturally :dance: I suppose YMMV depending on the gameplay style. I have side ram and grind kills outstanding though.

Paying closer attention to the challenges now so I don't make things too difficult for myself.:(

I got boarder spikes naturally :dance: I suppose YMMV depending on the gameplay style. I have side ram and grind kills outstanding though.

Paying closer attention to the challenges now so I don't make things too difficult for myself.:(

Well if you already have it, you should be golden. I cant think of another challenge that gave me too much trouble. I had all the threat levels down to 0 and all the camps cleared when I finished the game and started doing challenges. Everything else came while I was clearing loot locations and doing death races.

My problem is that I never look at trophies and little challenge things like that until Im done with the game... luckily I already had 10 boarder spike kills from regular gameplay, so I really only have to get the last 5, which I know is possible, its just time consuming and boring as hell letting the day/night cycle and finding the right Buzzard enemy, which is totally random and not guaranteed.

I have a question about the challenges. Is it possible the patch changed them? I could not for the life of me find 2 challenges:

I only have 60, 50, 40 and 30 seconds. I searched through both Combat and All listings, but could not locate eg "Rattling the Dags" and under Combat I only have 5 challenges left listed: Gutshot, Wall Finisher, 15 melee kills without taking damage, 25 hit combo, disarm 10 enemies.

Also, above, my challenge is to do a combo of 25 hits but the challenge guide says it's 20. My stats even said the highest combo I've done is 23.

When you clear the 30 seconds challenge, the 20 seconds challenge appears etc.

You probably cleared the 10 combo challenge with your 23 combo.

Now you need to perform a new 20+ Combo to clear the 20x combo.

Hope that makes sense.

When you clear the 30 seconds challenge, the 20 seconds challenge appears etc.

You probably cleared the 10 combo challenge with your 23 combo.

Now you need to perform a new 20+ Combo to clear the 20x combo.

Hope that makes sense.

Ok I see now. I have the 20 second Fury Meter challenge locked. Once I clear it the 10 second one will appear. Similarly I see that I cleared the 15 and 20 combo challenges, so the one locked is 25. Sorry all for the confusion!

Edited by arcana75

It will always show the repeatable challenges as outstanding, you don't need to complete those for the trophy, and they keep coming back.

The only ones you need to get rid of are the non-repeatable ones.

Thanks and I know that some are difficult after you clear out everything.:mad:

Filling fury meter easy. If you upgraded Max and had all Griffa abilities, it's easy. Use a shiv kill on an enemy after you see X on him in start of a combat. It will fill immediately.

Any way to get around cars fleeing you on sight?

Filling fury meter easy. If you upgraded Max and had all Griffa abilities, it's easy. Use a shiv kill on an enemy after you see X on him in start of a combat. It will fill immediately.

Strange. I never noticed my fury meter filling up with a single shiv. You sure yours was empty at the time, or already almost filled? Fury meter is persistent and carries over battles.

I just got the platinum... I was being held up by the Stick it to Ya challenge. It was driving me crazy. I actually got so sick of it I decided to just shelf the game and stop wasting time, but I went back to it because I couldnt stand knowing 5 stupid kills was standing in the way of being totally done with the game.

I used this spot (NOT my vid, just the vid I found that pointed out the spot) and I got it in no time.

I had to restart the game because enemies weren't spawning at first. After I restarted and went back there it took something like 5 minutes to get the 5 kills I needed.

I think its worth checking out for anyone stuck on that challenge like I was.

Edit: I used the T-boning method the player in the vid used too... WAY better than riding NEXT to the car and timing a move when they jump.

Edited by MikeyPooPants

Link below. This area should be noted not to clear this convoy route! As it has 2 each on 2 trucks and 1 on a car with total of 5 boarders but still 2-3 still might not die from spikes! Once i had 2 die and 2 didn't die from both trucks on both sides at the same time it was kind of funny!

Edit: Well might not have 2 trucks once there was metal grinder instead of a 2nd truck

Mad Max (Stick it to Ya) Kill 15 enemies by using Boarder Spikes!

Some parts didn't go all that smoothly,

Edited by gtasthehunter

Any way to get around cars fleeing you on sight?

Strange. I never noticed my fury meter filling up with a single shiv. You sure yours was empty at the time, or already almost filled? Fury meter is persistent and carries over battles.

Well, I'm certainly sure about it. Whenever I got into combat, it filled so quickly with shiv kill. Maybe you are right!? I've been away from this game and give it a try today and let you know. In the meantime, if you have time, please give it a try and let us know. Cheers.

I have a problem with the challenge about shootinh 2 car barrels

Barrels? Do you mean gas tanks? Those are on the back most of the time, so if you shoot from the front you're not likely to hit it.

The easiest way to get that is to start a death race in Jeet's territory and then shoot the gas tank of the car directly in front of you as soon as the race starts.

Barrels? Do you mean gas tanks? Those are on the back most of the time, so if you shoot from the front you're not likely to hit it.

The easiest way to get that is to start a death race in Jeet's territory and then shoot the gas tank of the car directly in front of you as soon as the race starts.

Can you even use the Sniper Rifle in the races and it is quite slow to equip and put away? and then you need to win the race for it to count?

If have convoys left get in front of one and camp it they will might stop and try to turn about giving you a shot at fuel tanks on moving vehicles.

Edited by gtasthehunter

Can you even use the Sniper Rifle in the races and it is quite slow to equip and put away? and then you need to win the race for it to count?

If have convoys left get in front of one and camp it they will might stop and try to turn about giving you a shot at fuel tanks on moving vehicles.

You can actually use the sniper rifle in the races. You may struggle to win the race if you stop to use it, but it's handy for getting the challenge for shooting gas tanks with the sniper rifle. That's how I did it.

Yes, it works. I did all mine in races. The rifle has a lot of range so you have several seconds to shoot the tank after you equip it. As for winning the race, just exit the car after you get the sniper shot done and restart the race.

I read the guide again it says no need to do challenges that say "completed 0 times"? For example my game I already did 5 side rams and I now have a challenge to do 24 side rams. I don't have to?

Repeatable challenges do not need to be completed for the trophy.

Edited by swotam

Thanks for the confirmation!

Edit: don't quite understand what the videos are showing for the 10 second fury challenge. In those videos I see for some reason their fury meter fill up by a lot for killing 1 dude. I tried prepping the enemies with my fury and once it ends I go take them out but it doesn't fill after finishing off 4 dudes.

What is the real reason for this? Killing someone or killing someone while having a high hit combo? Do shiv and shotgun kills have the same effect? Do wearing good gloves help increase the fury meter? I took them off hoping to get longer combos but after my fury ends and I have a high combo the enemies are already dead.

Edited by arcana75

* Dividend - Earn 2000 scrap from Scrap Crews

so I finished EVERYTHING in the game and this is the last challenge I have left, which is very stupid since it's like the developers are telling us not to play the game :/

Because I almost never get scrap from scrap crews when I am online, not sure if it's a glitch or this is how it's supposed to work ?

Does anyone have a solution for this cause I only have 968 scraps from 2000, Is my only option leaving the game for about 2 days ?!

Thanks for the confirmation!

Edit: don't quite understand what the videos are showing for the 10 second fury challenge. In those videos I see for some reason their fury meter fill up by a lot for killing 1 dude. I tried prepping the enemies with my fury and once it ends I go take them out but it doesn't fill after finishing off 4 dudes.

What is the real reason for this? Killing someone or killing someone while having a high hit combo? Do shiv and shotgun kills have the same effect? Do wearing good gloves help increase the fury meter? I took them off hoping to get longer combos but after my fury ends and I have a high combo the enemies are already dead.

Both having a combo and getting special kills like shiv kills, gutshots etc. boosts the furymeter up. What I did was just beat up guys till the fury ends then when at 30x combo or so I got the opportunity to perform a shiv kill which filled almost half the meter, finally just knocked a guy out regularly and the meter was filled in 5 seconds.