Mad Max - Up To The Task Guide

AstroFlibble

• 1 month later...

I did not play this game yet. But I am in a gamer group, and people are talking a lot about this issue.

It seems scraps are no longer being issued to players, thus rendering the platinum unobtainable. Of course, it needs confirmation, but if it's true, then no only WB cheated on us, but those who believed in earlier informations are now permanently affected.

I did not play this game yet. But I am in a gamer group, and people are talking a lot about this issue.

It seems scraps are no longer being issued to players, thus rendering the platinum unobtainable. Of course, it needs confirmation, but if it's true, then no only WB cheated on us, but those who believed in earlier informations are now permanently affected.

There are now multiple confirmations on PSNP that the servers are toast :(. I never believed the WB Support answers that were floating around the net, because they have lied multiple times in the past about their games not being affected by server closures e.g. saying FEAR 2's MP would remain fully operational after the GameSpy shutdown when that was completely untrue.

There are now multiple confirmations on PSNP that the servers are toast :(. I never believed the WB Support answers that were floating around the net, because they have lied multiple times in the past about their games not being affected by server closures e.g. saying FEAR 2's MP would remain fully operational after the GameSpy shutdown when that was completely untrue.

Thanks for clarification, man. It's sad indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

I started to play again a week ago, after 3 years, had to delete my ps4 memory for a problem, so lost everything, I decided to play this again because i liked the game, i spent a lot of time playing because i want the platinum, to find out today that I won’t be able to do it... i feel really depressed now, we should find a way to get this trophy...

1 minute ago, Mosk17 said:

I started to play again a week ago, after 3 years, had to delete my ps4 memory for a problem, so lost everything, I decided to play this again because i liked the game, i spent a lot of time playing because i want the platinum, to find out today that I won’t be able to do it... i feel really depressed now, we should find a way to get this trophy...

You don’t have a save backed up in the cloud, by chance? I was saved a few times by other games when I got glitched on something or my save corrupted and there was a copy of my save in the cloud. 

10 minutes ago, Slamma said:

You don’t have a save backed up in the cloud, by chance? I was saved a few times by other games when I got glitched on something or my save corrupted and there was a copy of my save in the cloud. 

Sadly I don’t have, is the first thing i looked at, I’m on the 84% of the trophies, only need to finish some races and a few challenges (including this one...) to get the platinum. I hope some time in the future they make a fix for this, like other companies did, like metal gear solid 4, the online servers are working again due to players request 

20 hours ago, Mosk17 said:

like metal gear solid 4, the online servers are working again due to players request 

When did that happen, has there been a new patch in recent years I don't know about? When I installed the trophy patch for the PS3 version when it came out, it made it crystal clear that all the online stuff was being nuked and removed from the game :think:.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

6 hours ago, Terminator said:

When did that happen, has there been a new patch in recent years I don't know about? When I installed the trophy patch for the PS3 version when it came out, it made it crystal clear that all the online stuff was being nuked and removed from the game :think:.

I got the game when it was on ps plus games, 3/4 years ago, and the online things were there, this trophy needed online connection, same with downloadable content and the opus wars, and now when I started playing still the same

3 hours ago, Mosk17 said:

I got the game when it was on ps plus games, 3/4 years ago, and the online things were there, this trophy needed online connection, same with downloadable content and the opus wars, and now when I started playing still the same

I think we have crossed wires, because I interpreted your previous statement to mean the MGS 4 servers were still up :think:.

https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058007413-Mad-Max-Status-Update

Due to changes with our network, access to certain online features for the Mad Max videogame on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam and Linux will no longer be available beginning Oct. 31.

Affected features include:

• No longer able to access the WB Play service to obtain the Battle Brand decal for your Magnum Opus.
  • No longer able to access Opus War, leaderboards or redeem codes.
  • Scrap Crews will no longer gather materials. The "A Penny Saved" and "Dividend" non-repeating Challenges cannot be completed and could impact the ability to unlock the "Up to the Task" trophy/achievement.

1 hour ago, Viper753 said:

https://wbgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058007413-Mad-Max-Status-Update

Due to changes with our network, access to certain online features for the Mad Max videogame on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam and Linux will no longer be available beginning Oct. 31.

Affected features include:

• No longer able to access the WB Play service to obtain the Battle Brand decal for your Magnum Opus.
  • No longer able to access Opus War, leaderboards or redeem codes.
  • Scrap Crews will no longer gather materials. The "A Penny Saved" and "Dividend" non-repeating Challenges cannot be completed and could impact the ability to unlock the "Up to the Task" trophy/achievement.

The sneaky bastards updated that after the fact, because the bottom line wasn't there prior to the shutdown.

11 hours ago, Lonewolf2783 said:

Is it possible to download someone else's save file that has the challenge already completed and finish the challenges off from there for the trophy?

That's a violation of both Sony's and our T&Cs and will get you banned from PSN when Sony finds out, plus you will be flagged on PSNP and banned from the leaderboards over there for this game.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Ursmyers said:

Is there no was round this? Because its kinda horse crap that a trophy like this would be locked out to people who never got it before servers closed. Couldn't they patch it so the requirements are slightly different?

They could patch it but they won't. Closing servers basically means any and all support is long over, no way would they spend the money developing and pushing out a patch for a game that produces basically no money for them anymore.

It sucks especially in the case of this game since the online was completely and utterly unnecessary.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LionSquid said:

They could patch it but they won't. Closing servers basically means any and all support is long over, no way would they spend the money developing and pushing out a patch for a game that produces basically no money for them anymore.

It sucks especially in the case of this game since the online was completely and utterly unnecessary.

This^

The devs could very easily fix this in a variety of ways but they're not going to, therefore all you can do is write off this game and move onto something else :(.