CatsBlock Vestival - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

Velvet

eMGV4Mt.jpg

02eUzTJ.png

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (personal rating)
  • Offline trophies: 15 (13(B), 1(S), 1(G))
  • Online trophies:
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 6-8 hours (skill dependent)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 – level select available
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
  • Do trophies stack?: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheat codes

Mq5clvg.png

You play as Totan - a Square Cat from a distant planet who was separated from the other Square Cats when they were struck by a strong solar storm. Using the TV in Rino's house, you'll need to flip and match your way through 50 levels of feline shaped fun to find your lost friends. Use the power-ups, earn rewards and get the high score to ensure a future exists for all Square Cats!

TigHqAz.png

Step 1: Play through all 50 stages.

Play though the 5 different Stages and complete all 50 Levels while going for SS rank, but don't worry if you don't get them during this step. Once you have completed the final stage, you will have earned:

• (B) Incredible Me!
  • (B) Hello!
  • (B) Watch Out for This Guy
  • (B) Freezing Breeze
  • (B) Princess Pinky
  • (B) Kitten Paradise

Step 2: Survival Mode

While there are technically 3 trophies that, by the trophy description, are earned in Survival Mode, 2 of these trophies are actually earned in Story Mode and it is much, much easier earn these two trophies here. So for this step, you simply need to get to Rank 10 in Survival Mode. Once you have done so and finished the stage, you will have earned:

• (B) Souvenir from the third kind

Step 3: Collect all Furniture and Toys

There are 5 Toys and 38 pieces of Furniture to earn. You do so by completing stages as well as objectives in certain stages. Once you have received all the toys and furniture, you will have earned:

• (B) Decorating Expert

Step 4: SS in all Stages and the remaining two "Survival" trophies.

You can use Stage select in Story mode to replay any of the levels you do not yet have an SS ranking on. Once you have earned the ranking on all 50 levels, you will earn:

• (G) Cat of Clarity

Step 5: Miscellaneous trophies

Here you will go back and earn any of the misc trophies that you may have missed in the previous steps, including the two "high score" trophies. See individual trophies for details. After all is said and done, you will have earned:

• (B) Cat is so Cute!
  • (B) New Arrival!
  • (B) Deep in Thought
  • (S) Ran out of Brain Power
  • (B) Dancing with Cats

Edited by Terminator
Replaced some missing banners.

t4ZLWKF.png

553.jpg  Incredible Me! (B) :tagstory:

Stage 1-1 cleared

Stage 1-1 is the very first level you will play. You do not need to get an SS rating on this level to earn this trophy, you just need to complete it.

539.jpg  Cat is so Cute! (B)

Play with cats for the first time

While you’re inside of your home, you will have a few options as far as activities go. Clicking on the box of Legos on the left will open up the Cat Toy menu, but you will need to complete the first Stage to unlock the first toy. Click on it to play with the cats. Once they start playing with the toy, the trophy will unlock.

b93.jpg  New Arrival! (B)

Change the furniture

To change the furniture, you need to click on the Book on the bottom of the screen while you’re in your home. This will open up the Furniture Menu. You will need to get a score of 15000+ in Stage 1-2 to get your first new piece of furniture (Masonry Floor). Simply click and drag any piece of furniture out to your living room to change it.

To get that score, save up until you can get the Trans-All Area bonus as this will give you enough bonus points after the level is finished to bump you over 15000.

1c7.jpg  Hello! (B) :tagstory:

Clear Stage 1

You do not have to get the SS rating on each level to get this trophy, but you will eventually need to get them for Cat of Clarity (see this trophy for Quest details and furniture opportunities). Once you have finished the 10th level, this trophy will unlock.

ef2.jpg  Watch Out for This Guy (B) :tagstory:

Clear Stage 2

You do not have to get the SS rating on each level to get this trophy, but you will eventually need to get them for Cat of Clarity. (see this trophy for Quest details and furniture opportunities). Once you have finished the 10th level, this trophy will unlock.

839.jpg  Freezing Breeze (B) :tagstory:

Clear Stage 3

You do not have to get the SS rating on each level to get this trophy, but you will eventually need to get them for Cat of Clarity. (see this trophy for Quest details and furniture opportunities). Once you have finished the 10th level, this trophy will unlock.

5e3.jpg  Princess Pinky (B) :tagstory:

Clear Stage 4

2db.jpg  Kitten Paradise (B) :tagstory:

Clear Stage 5

0e6.jpg  Clear Thoughts (B) :tagstory:

Getting a chain combo

A Chain combo happens when you match one color and the falling bricks from this match create an additional match. Do this once for the trophy. You will need to make a 3 Chain Combos to complete level 1-8 so this will happen naturally as you play through the game.

Edited by Velvet

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/3183/fea.jpg  Cat of Clarity (G) :tagdifficulty:

Get SS medal for every quest

You'll need to get an SS rating in all 50 levels to earn this trophy. Here is the list of Quests for each level with the score I got the SS rating with in ( ) – please note these may not be the minimum scores required for the SS rating, you'll just need to get around there. The furniture and trophy opportunities for each level are also listed in case you're going for everything on the initial through of the game:

Stage 1 - Rainy Ripple Pond

• Spoiler

• 1-1: Clear 3 Yellow, 3 Green and 3 Red Blocks (2400)
    • 1-2: Clear 20 Yellow, 20 Greed and 20 Red Blocks (15800)
      Furniture: Masonry Floor – Get 15000 score in 1-2
    • 1-3: Clear 20 Yellow, 20 Green and 20 Red Blocks (10200)
    • 1-4: Clear 20 Yellow, 20 Green and 20 Red Blocks (16900)
    • 1-5: Clear 10 Yellow, 20 Green, 30 Red and 40 Blue Blocks (25300)
      Furniture: Orange Bed - Clear 1-5 w/out using Swap
    • 1-6: Clear (3 Green block) then (3 Red blocks) then (3 Blue blocks) in :30 (4000)
    • 1-7: Use x5 Bomb Horizons (27900)
    • 1-8: Create 3 Chain Combos in 3:00 (7100)
    • 1-9: Clear 15 Yellow, 15 Green, 15 Red and 15 Blue blocks in 3:00 (11300)
    • 1-10: Clear 30 Green and 30 Yellow blocks in 4:00 (33000)
      Furniture: Glass Table – Clear 12 Blue and 12 Red Blocks in 1-10
      Furniture: Mirror – Clear Stage 1
      Furniture: Pink Wall Paper – Clear Stage 1

Stage 2 - Melodywave Gressland

• Spoiler

• 2-1: Use x5 Warps in 5:00 (20200)
    • 2-2: Clear 10 Yellow, 10 Green, 10 Red, 10 Blue and 10 Purple blocks in 3:00 (15100)
      Furniture: Get a combo 5 Times in 2-2
    • 2-3: Clear 10 Yellow, 10 Green, 10 Red, 10 Blue and 10 Purple blocks in 3:00 (21400)
    • 2-4: Clear 30 Yellow blocks in 2:00 (22200)
    • 2-5: Use x10 Bomb Horizons (20300)
    • 2-6: Clear 10 Yellow, 10 Green, 10 Red, 10 Blue, 10 Purple and 10 Black blocks (27200)
    • 2-7: Create x3 Chain Combos in 1:00 (25700)
    • 2-8: Clear 20 Yellow, 20 Green, 20 Red, 20 Blue and 20 Purple blocks in 4:00 (35500)
    • 2-9: Clear 20 Yellow, 20 Purple 20 20 Black blocks in 3:00 (21000)
    • 2-10: Clear 10 Yellow, 10 Green, 10 Red, 10 Blue and 10 Purple blocks in 2:00 (18200)
      Furniture: Calendar – Clear Stage 2
      Furniture: Purple Book – Clear Stage 2

Stage 3 - Hollow Creamheim

• Spoiler

• 3-1: Clear 20 Red, 20 Blue, 20 Purple and 20 Black blocks in 2:00 (17500)
    • 3-2: Clear (1 Green Block), then (1 Purple Block) then (10 Yellow, 10 Green, 10 Purple and 10 Black blocks) (20300)
    • 3-3: Clear 20 Red, 20 Blue, 20 Purple and 20 Black blocks in 4:00 (21300)
    • 3-4: Use a “Clear Color” power-up in 1:00 (9400)
    • 3-5: Clear 20 Yellow, 20 Green, 20 Red and 20 Blue blocks in 3:00 (19900)
    • 3-6: Use 1 “Trans All-Area” Power-up (22000)
      Furniture: Wooden Shutter Window – Clear 3-6 in 2:00
    • 3-7: Use 5 Bomb Horizons in 2:00 (19700)
    • 3-8: Clear 20 Yellow, 20 Green, 20 Red, 20 Blue, 20 Purple and 20 Black blocks in 4:00 (23400)
    • 3-9: Use 3 Bomb Verticals in 3:00 (30000)
    • 3-10: Survive for 1:30 (12100)
      Furniture: Arched Window – Clear Stage 3
      Furniture: Brown Bed – Clear Stage 3

Stage 4 - Starynight Ciel

• Spoiler

• 4-1: Clear 10 Yellow, 10 Green, 10 Red and 10 Blue blocks in 1:00 (12100)
    • 4-2: Clear 30 Yellow, 30 Green, 30 Red and 30 Blue blocks in 2:30 (20700)
    • 4-3: Use x3 Horizon Bombs in 1:00 (4100)
    • 4-4: Use x3 Bomb Verticals (See opportunities)
      Trophy Opportunities: See Deep in Thought and Ran out of Brain Power (score 40000 and 200000, respectively)
    • 4-5: Survive for 1:00 (19200)
    • 4-6: Clear 20 Yellow, 20 Green, 20 Red, 20 Blue and 20 Purple blocks (31500)
    • 4-7: Use x4 Warps in 2:00 (27000)
      Furniture: Clear 4-7 in 1:30
    • 4-8: Clear 20 Yellow, 20 Green, 20 Red, 20 Blue and 20 Purple blocks (28800)
    • 4-9: Use x20 Bomb Horizons (44700)
    • 4-10: Use x7 Warps (50200)
      Furniture: Prison Bar Window – Clear 4-10 in 2:30
      Furniture: White Couch – Clear Stage 4
      Furniture: Blue Box – Clear Stage 4

Stage 5 - Chromatic Cubeland

• Spoiler

• 5-1: Use x10 Warps in 4:00 (37700)
      Furniture: Get Chain Combo 5 Times in 5-1
    • 5-2: Use x2 Warps (29400)
    • 5-3: Clear (1 Green block) then (1 Red Block) then (3 Yellow, 3 Green, 3 Red, 3 Blue, 3 Purple and 3 Black blocks) (15500)
    • 5-4: Use x10 Bomb Horizons (17000)
    • 5-5: Clear (1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Purple and 1 Black block) then (1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Purple and 1 Black block) then (1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Purple and 1 Black block) (25700)
    • 5-6: Use x2 Trans All-Area Power-Ups in 5:00 (35900)
    • 5-7: Clear 20 Yellow, 20 Green, 20 Red, 20 Blue, 20 Purple and 20 Black blocks (44500)
      Tips for this level:
      - Get a Trans-All Area power-up as early as you can to clear the board of all the mess it started off with.
      - From there, keep an eye on how many you still need for each color. You’ll want to avoid completing 1-2 colors if you can and just keep matching the other colors. 1 will work if you can’t save 2.
      - Build your bonus up again and start stacking Trans-All Area power-ups in the stage. You’ll want to get as many as you can on the board before you set them off. You will also get auto bonuses with every Chain Combo that you make - the bigger the chain, the better the power-up!
      - You can all stack Trans-All Color power-ups if it’s taking too long to get to the Trans-All Area.
      - Save a Trans-Vertical power-up and aim to get a match of 3+ going vertically into one of the Trans-All Area. Wait for your score to hit about 34000 before setting everything off.
      - The more bonuses you have on the board while the Trans-All Area is active, the higher your score will be as a result so stack, stack, stack!
    • 5-8: Clear 40 Yellow, 40 Green, 40 Red, 40 Blue, 40 Purple and 40 Black blocks (43400)
      Furniture: Dark Purple Rock-ish Wallpaper – Get area all Clean in 5-8 (Use a Trans All-Area Power-Up)
    • 5-9: Clear 30 Green, 30 Red, 30 Blue, 30 Purple and 30 Black blocks (31700)
    • 5-10: Use x3 Trans-Vertical Power-Ups (39100)
      Furniture: Brown Table w/ Doily – Clear Stage 5
      Furniture: Blue Television – Clear Stage 5

Edited by Velvet

spacer.png  Deep in Thought (B) :tagdifficulty:

Get 40000 score

See Ran out of brain power.

f4b.jpg  Ran out of brain power (S) :tagdifficulty:

Get 200000 score

These two trophy descriptions are misleading, as you do not need to get the scores in Survival Mode. You can actually get them in Story Mode, level 4-4 which is much, much, MUCH easier than trying to get the score in Survival Mode. Thanks TsubakiCalamity for this great tip:

TsubakiCalamity said:
Notes:

Strategy: The stage's goal asks you to create and use the Vertical-bomb (VB) power-up three times. Instead, focus on making Square Gene (SG) power-ups. Avoid making chains, as you may create VB power-up by accident, so just create 3-match single many times until the power-up meter is maxed out. When it's full, obtain the SG, but don't use it yet. The reason why you don't use it yet, because if you do it now, you'll probably be unable to use it when you placed it at the bottom where it's likely to be stuck by many blocks. Instead, save it until you have two SGs. By the time you have two, wait until the board is filled half-way. When it's half-way, find the place where you can safely place the SG at the top and detonate it (I use Horizontal-bomb power-up to detonate the SG). Repeat this until you scored 200,000 points. Once you scored 200k, finish the stage by creating and using VBs three times. Remember, go slowly! This should take you between 25 to 30 minutes to reach 200k points (for me, I finished it in 26 minutes). The Ran out of brain power trophy unlocks once you've cleared the stage.

Alternatively, if you're still not quite making it, here is another method to the madness! (Thanks OmegaDenmad!):

OmegaDenmad said:
I found 3-6 better for the 200000 score trophy. "Use 1 “Trans All-Area” Power-up" will never happen on accident since as far as I know Trans All-Area is only created manually. It only has cats too so you have complete control of what chains you want to detonate, and can even setup big combos. Took me little over 23 minutes.

819.jpg  Souvenir form the third kind (B) :tagcollectible:

Get a Mr.Researcher doll

You will get a Mr.Researcher doll by getting to Rank 10 in Survival Mode. You will reach Rank 10 rather quick. Match as many blocks and go for combos for extra points. The trophy will not unlock until after the Survival Stage has ended.

f2f.jpg  Dancing with Cats (B) :tagcollectible:

Tried all the toy with cats.

There are 5 toys that you can play with the cats. They are opened up by completing the 5 Stages. You will open all of these while trying to earn the Cat of Clarity trophy. You and the cats will need to play with each toy to earn this trophy.

• Spoiler

• Feather Duster
    • Bow and Plunger?
    • Bubble Gun
    • Remote Control (turn the TV on)
    • Fish Ball

c12.jpg  Decorating expert (B) :tagcollectible:

Get all furniture

There are a total of 38 pieces of furniture. 11 pieces are open from the start and the remaining 28 are opened by completing Stages and Objectives. For the most part, they are straight forward and not too hard, but there are a few that are a little more difficult than others. Here is the list of all the furniture and how to get them:

Spoiler

Windows

• Red window with Yellow Curtains: Open from the start
  • Prison Bars: Clear Quest 4-10 in 2:30
  • Arched Window: Clear Stage 3
  • Wooden Shutters: Clear Quest 3-6 in 2:00

Beds

• Pink: Open from the start
  • Orange: Clear Quest 1-5 without using Swap (To Swap is to change the color order of the Catsblock). You can’t switch the colors at all and must keep the blocks as they start. It’s not as bad as it sounds! You can use power-ups if you have them.
  • Brown: Clear Stage 3

Couch

• Red: Open from the Start
  • White w/ Heart: Clear Stage 4
  • Activate 10 items at once
    – This is actually not as hard as it might sound and is easiest completed in Survival Mode since it starts off slow enough to build up what you need. Mentally split your board so the far two right lanes are separate from the rest. Match enough pairs to get a Trans-All Area bonus and drop it on the board early on anywhere on the left side. From here, match enough pairs to continuously get the Trans-Horizon bonus and just start stacking them on the right side of the board (don’t focus on matching the colors on this side). Once you have 8 Horizon bonuses stacked up, match enough blocks to get a Vertical Power-up. Set up the board to make a vertical match over the Trans-All Area block and use the Trans-Vertical power-up to set it off. All 10 bonuses will go off at the same time.

Table

• Brown w/ Placemat: Open from the Start
  • Brown w/ Doily: Clear Stage 5
  • Glass: Clear 12 Blue Blocks and 12 Red Blocks in Quest 1-10

Doors

• Brown: Open from the Start
  • Metal: Fail 3 times in the same stage
  • Brown/Gold: Clear 5 Quests in a row w/out failing

Floors

• Gear Rug: Open from the Start
  • Masonry: Get 15000 score in Quest 1-2
  • Get to rank 30 in 3 minutes in Survive Mode
    - Save up for the Trans-All Area bonus and build up the blocks so there's a decent amount on the board. Set off the bonus to clear the board. Rinse and repeat to boost your score. If there are any extra bonuses in the mix on the board, you will get added points.

Wall Décor

• Clock: Open from the Start
  • Mirror: Clear Stage 1
  • Calendar: Clear Stage 2

Books

• Red: Open from the Start
  • Purple: Clear Stage 2
  • Get Chain Combo 5 Times in 5-1

Boxes

• Blue: Clear Stage 4
  • Clear Quest 4-7 in 1:30

Televisions

• Blue: Clear Stage 5
  • Get at least Silver medal for every Quest

Wallpaper

• Peach: Open from the Start
  • Dark Purple Rock-ish: Get area all Clean in Quest 5-8 (use a Trans All-Area)
  • Get Chain Combo 5 Times in Quest 2-2
  • Wood: Have played Catsblock for over 5 Hours
  • Pink: Clear Stage 1

Misc (hidden)

• Get 100000 score in Survive Mode
    - This one must be done in Survival Mode. Use the same technique from the "Get to Rank 30 in 3 minutes" objective. Build up the board and wipe it clean with Trans All Area.
  • Mr. Researcher Doll: Get to Rank 10 in Survive Mode

Edited by Velvet

I have not seen a single guide on this game until I look and read today. I'm glad you found my tip on scoring to be helpful. Thanks for making the guide. Even though I beaten it without the guide, I can personally look, review, and give feedback based my impressions and suggestions. Needless to say, the guide I read is fine and it'll work pretty well for everyone, even the game didn't get that much love.

I have not seen a single guide on this game until I look and read today. I'm glad you found my tip on scoring to be helpful. Thanks for making the guide. Even though I beaten it without the guide, I can personally look, review, and give feedback based my impressions and suggestions. Needless to say, the guide I read is fine and it'll work pretty well for everyone, even the game didn't get that much love.

Thanks for looking over it and thanks a bunch for that tip! I barely got past 100k for the furniture so 200k made me cringe. Until I saw your blurb :) The game itself is decent imo - there are no glitches which was rather refreshing compared to recently played games. It's definitely good for passing the time - short enough where you won't get bored and just challenging enough to keep you coming back.

• 4 months later...

I found 3-6 better for the 200000 score trophy. "Use 1 “Trans All-Area” Power-up" will never happen on accident since as far as I know Trans All-Area is only created manually. It only has cats too so you have complete control of what chains you want to detonate, and can even setup big combos. Took me little over 23 minutes.

^THIS Worked like a charm on my first try.

Appreciate your tip, more input from people on this game the better. I'm stuck on 3-4...any help? Thanks

......And of course I beat it right after posting this. Ain't that always the case?

This game has been out for so long, yet no video walkthroughs...

Hey BloodVelvet or anyone else: that wood wallpaper under the furniture unlockables...is the 5 hours requirement cumulative or consecutive? Thanks...again, I've answered my own question: it's cumulative.

Also thanks of course for the great guide!

I apologize for how schizophrenic this post sounds, since I'm just talking to myself.

Edited by SNACH2497

Thanks man! I've added the tip to the trophy guide for future players =)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I'm trying to figure out how can I use the powers or choose....

And why do I have L and R?

The level 3-04 I need to finish with a power bit I don't know how can I make this power appear. Always show me another and I fail

Hi there, welcome to the forums.

Basically to explain about the powerups:

As you match cat colours the bar on the right hand side will fill, when it becomes full you will get access to the power up which is displayed as a image at the end of the bar. If you want you can "bank" this powerup by pressing either L or R to store it, or you can just let the bar fill to the end again, as this will cause the powerup to change to a more powerful/different version.

It is therefore useful to become familiar with the symbol for each power up is, because it isn't clear during the game which one is what and in the "quest" description it will only have the symbol of the one you need to use - it won't describe it.

The power ups go in this order:

Green Leaf = Horizontal blast, across the entire screen.

Apple image = Clears cats in a 4x4 block.

Yellow striped donut = Vertical Blast, across the entire screen.

Grennish stop watch/ with checked lines = Clears all cats of the same colour as the one which the power up is attached to.

Rainbow box (Trans All-Area)= Clears the entire screen, removing all cats and other obstacles blocks.

The benefit of L and R, means you can hold two power ups at one time, meaning you can be strategic as to when you want to attach them to a cat, and to set up combos.

In order to use the power up you just need to press L or R (which ever one you want to use), and it will attach that power up to the front most cat in the line of three which appear. If you want to switch the cat that it gets attached to you can press :circle: to re arrange the order.

Personally I found this game is quite hard, and relies ALOT on luck, so keep at it!

Thanks so much for the guide Velvet it really helped :D.

Edited by BinkUncia

• 1 year later...

Some SS scores must be updated, because they need less points. Here you are:

1-1: 1200pt
1-4: 13400pt
1-7: 25100pt

2-3: 16200pt
2-6: 25300pt
2-7: 12000pt

3-1: 16400pt
3-3: 18000pt
3-5: 18300pt