Official CFL Thread

Jerry Appleby

We've been to a number of our home teams football games. They are always very exciting. Do you go to many games Jerry?

I have season tickets, so I go to every game :)

I actually have extra tickets to a few games this season. I might invite Vo1cl to one since I haven't seen him in a while :p

26-23 for the Lions, you're a lucky charm for the home teams, Jerry!

Yup, as usual. I swear I should just go to every single sporting event in Vancouver in order to make our teams win :D

BC totally didn't deserve to win that game though. They played like crap most of the game. Luckily Edmonton messed up a few easy chances at the end, giving BC a chance to capitalize, which they did!

This weekend BC Lions play Hamilton in Hamilton.

I'm going to the game this weekend as part of a BC Lions fan trip experience that they call Operation Orange!! My dad is coming with me since he convinced me to go with him :p

I get to take a charter flight there with the Lions, hang out with them and have meals with them, then watch the game from a suite in the new stadium there! Then we fly back home after the game.

There is a small amount of free time during the trip, which we might use to go see a Blue Jays game in Toronto, since it's only a short train ride from Hamilton. :D

Can't wait to go! :dance:

Only downside is having to get up at like 5am in order to get on the 8am flight there, and also getting back at like 3am Sunday. :p

Got back from my flight to Hamilton early this morning (was like 4am when I got home)!

Unfortunately the Lions played like crap and lost 52-22 in Hamilton, but being there as part of the "enemy" team was a very cool experience!

We got to stay at a suite at the game, and we met the president of the Hamilton TigerCats, who gave us a neat tour of the new stadium! He was a really nice guy, he even let us go on the field before the game!

The suite had unlimited alcohol and food, so we definitely enjoyed ourselves up there :drunk:

I got a few pictures during the game, and the whole experience was awesome!

We also chatted with some of the players before and after the game, they were really polite and friendly the entire trip. The whole experience was fantastic and would definitely do it again in the future!

Got back from my flight to Hamilton early this morning (was like 4am when I got home)!

Unfortunately the Lions played like crap and lost 52-22 in Hamilton, but being there as part of the "enemy" team was a very cool experience!

We got to stay at a suite at the game, and we met the president of the Hamilton TigerCats, who gave us a neat tour of the new stadium! He was a really nice guy, he even let us go on the field before the game!

The suite had unlimited alcohol and food, so we definitely enjoyed ourselves up there :drunk:

I got a few pictures during the game, and the whole experience was awesome!

We also chatted with some of the players before and after the game, they were really polite and friendly the entire trip. The whole experience was fantastic and would definitely do it again in the future!

Nice, it's nice sometimes to go on the enemy field, but it's hard when your team get crushed. I've exeprienced that in CHL few years ago, travelled to Quebec (5 hours drive) to see my team, the got crushed 7-1.

I'm lucky to stay in Gatineau, i'm 20 minutes away from RedBlacks stadium, and 1h30 drive to Montreal who is my team. It's sad that we cannot buy points right now. We don't have a bad team, in fact we have a really good defense, it's just that there is much that a defense can do.

The offense coach, Kut Schoener, is getting really bad comments from everywhere right now and i think his time with Montreal is about to end. Calvillo will end at this position i think. Cato is not that bad, but he is 23 and he really need experience behind him, i guess that is why we got Lewis and Stamps, but without a coach, we are getting nowhere.

Nice, it's nice sometimes to go on the enemy field, but it's hard when your team get crushed. I've exeprienced that in CHL few years ago, travelled to Quebec (5 hours drive) to see my team, the got crushed 7-1.

I'm lucky to stay in Gatineau, i'm 20 minutes away from RedBlacks stadium, and 1h30 drive to Montreal who is my team. It's sad that we cannot buy points right now. We don't have a bad team, in fact we have a really good defense, it's just that there is much that a defense can do.

The offense coach, Kut Schoener, is getting really bad comments from everywhere right now and i think his time with Montreal is about to end. Calvillo will end at this position i think. Cato is not that bad, but he is 23 and he really need experience behind him, i guess that is why we got Lewis and Stamps, but without a coach, we are getting nowhere.

Well your team just beat mine tonight :( Lions lost to the Als 23-13, they played like crap.

At least the Lions have a bye this week, so hopefully they can get better during that time!

Well your team just beat mine tonight :( Lions lost to the Als 23-13, they played like crap.

At least the Lions have a bye this week, so hopefully they can get better during that time!

BC has been playing terrible lately. A few of the times they won was by pure luck. Hopefully they start playing better, maybe we'll make a run for the Grey Cup again if it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, now that NFL season has started, nobody will be paying attention to CFL anymore this year :(

BC Lions played today, played the worst game I've seen in ages, and lost 31-18 to the Ottawa Redblacks (yes I know, worst team name ever!).

They only had 5 first downs the entire first 3 quarters, and literally no offence. The fact that they scored 18 points surprises me because they had no business playing in today's game.

Well, now that NFL season has started, nobody will be paying attention to CFL anymore this year :(

I know I live in BC and all, but the Seahawks will forever be my home team.... :whistle:

BC Lions played today, played the worst game I've seen in ages, and lost 31-18 to the Ottawa Redblacks (yes I know, worst team name ever!).

They only had 5 first downs the entire first 3 quarters, and literally no offence. The fact that they scored 18 points surprises me because they had no business playing in today's game.

Yeah, I heard from a friend watching the game that it was terrible. No idea how the Lions won the Grey Cup a couple years ago because this offence clearly doesn't pass for a team. The Lions either gotta get up and get to work, or go home.

Yeah, I heard from a friend watching the game that it was terrible. No idea how the Lions won the Grey Cup a couple years ago because this offence clearly doesn't pass for a team. The Lions either gotta get up and get to work, or go home.

Well the reason they won a few years back is because the players were all at their prime and their coaching staff was good. Now that most of the good players are retired, all that's left are rookies and the old players that refused to retire yet. Plus the new OC is terrible, he was good a few years back, but not anymore.

Congrats to the CFL for getting its own thread. Didn't realize it was here until today. probably will forget it's here by tomorrow.

lol this thread has been here since the start of the 2015 season :p It's been here for a good 2 months! :francis:

I'll watch a couple games. We have so many channels you can get lost. Hopefully a few games will make it to on our cable TV Jerry.

I'll watch a couple games. We have so many channels you can get lost. Hopefully a few games will make it to on our cable TV Jerry.

Too bad you can't give some of those channels to me..... my family refuses to get any sports channel and I'm dying to watch some hockey and football games!! :francis:

Friday night football! BC Lions against the Calgary Stampeders!

Should be a good game, Calgary always has exciting games against BC!

I was not disappointed with the game! The Lions did lose the game, but it was a lot of fun to watch it! BC's returner Rainey got 2 returns for TDs! One off a kickoff and the other off a punt! Both were 103 yard returns!

BC's backup QB got injured so it was up to the 3rd string QB to play, and he actually played quite well! Other than 2 INTs at the end, he played great!

I was not disappointed with the game! The Lions did lose the game, but it was a lot of fun to watch it! BC's returner Rainey got 2 returns for TDs! One off a kickoff and the other off a punt! Both were 103 yard returns!

BC's backup QB got injured so it was up to the 3rd string QB to play, and he actually played quite well! Other than 2 INTs at the end, he played great!

Sorry about the loss. Playing with 3rd string is a tough way to go. Nice to hear you've kept a positive attitude Jerry. Cool that the 3rd string played well and the TD returns are exciting. The long run backs are always a thrill to see.

• 3 weeks later...

Lions just played a fantastic game today against Saskatchewan!

They won 46-20 and the rookie QB Jennings played like a pro!

The best moment of the game was a double-reverse to a receiver, who then threw the ball to the end zone, where the QB Jennings caught it for the score!

Videos | CFL.ca | Official Site of the Canadian Football League

Never seen a play work out so well!

(KFREE YOU MUST WATCH THE VIDEO!) :francis:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Lions just played a fantastic game today against Saskatchewan!

They won 46-20 and the rookie QB Jennings played like a pro!

The best moment of the game was a double-reverse to a receiver, who then threw the ball to the end zone, where the QB Jennings caught it for the score!

Videos | CFL.ca | Official Site of the Canadian Football League

Never seen a play work out so well!

(KFREE YOU MUST WATCH THE VIDEO!) :francis:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I am fired up. Love the reverse and he patiently moves back looks for the open man in the end zone and lobs it up........Touchdown!!!! Holy Shit...Amazing catch for a touchdown. The crowd goes wild. I'm going wild, but I already am. Jerry goes wild!!!! Fantastic. Love the crazy trick plays. Thanks for sharing it. :applause:

I am fired up. Love the reverse and he patiently moves back looks for the open man in the end zone and lobs it up........Touchdown!!!! Holy Shit...Amazing catch for a touchdown. The crowd goes wild. I'm going wild, but I already am. Jerry goes wild!!!! Fantastic. Love the crazy trick plays. Thanks for sharing it. :applause:

Glad you liked the video :D

Lions play Winnipeg today, both teams are in a race for the 3rd and final playoff spot in the West! But BC is a game ahead, so they need to hold on to that lead tonight!

Attendance at today's game will probably be low due to the Canucks also playing tonight, but I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

BC just destroyed Hamilton tonight 40-13!

Went to the game as usual and got a free jersey tonight! :D :D

Hamilton could not get even a single point in the 2nd half, whereas BC got a few TDs and a couple INTs to finish them off! Playoffs hopes are still alive for the now 6-10 Lions :p

BC just destroyed Hamilton tonight 40-13!

Went to the game as usual and got a Freejersey tonight! :D :D

Y

Hamilton could not get even a single point in the 2nd half, whereas BC got a few TDs and a couple INTs to finish them off! Playoffs hopes are still alive for the now 6-10 Lions :p

^^ Free is always good Jerry.