Quick FAQ about PS4 Version

Hello, thought I'd answer some general questions about this game as I've played multiple version's.

1. The PS4 version is not a remaster. It's a straight port of the PC version. Everything seems to be set on the highest graphical quality and the game tries to maintain a 60 FPS gameplay. However there are a couple things to consider. Remember that this game is a very low budget game from a small team in Germany. Even on PC the graphics are dated and not the best. Bugs are still present and the FPS can dip sometimes. Nothing so far that is game breaking, but if you are not used to playing low budget PC games, you might not like this.

2. To compare this game to other games, think Gothic and Risen. It's technically apart of the Gothic series, though you need not have played the previous entries to enjoy this.

3. Your inventory is limitless. Pick everything up. There is no penalty for stealing so don't worry about looting in houses or inns. Early in the game you will be given a lock pick for locked non-quest related chests. The mini game is really simple and the items from these chests are really great.

There is really no need to sell or buy anything, as the best equipment usually comes from quests or drops. Also, crafting will mostly be used to craft food or potions. Food is important as it can heal you during combat, and you can mash away and eat as much as you need. Potions are harder to come by but heal a lot more. You can craft items straight from your inventory if you have the recipes. If you don't plan on crafting weapons and armor, which I never do, the recipes can sell for a lot of gold. Since the trophy for learning all recipes has been removed in this version, you can also sell food recipes if you don't think you will be crafting certain ones for more gold.

4. There is a fast travel system, although I doubt most will use it. There are large stone circles you can find and "activate" which can then be used to teleport. You will most likely use these only when looking for collectibles or maybe backtracking to turn in a forgotten quest.

5. Combat is simple once you get the hang of it. Practice dodging as blocking just isn't usually worth it. Also practice using your bow while backing up. Magic is practically useless on the Gothic difficulty, so for magic kills go after wildlife like rabbits and farm animals. You can kill these and loot them with no repercussions, even the ones in villages, and they count for magic kills.

Another thing to do is go into options view the Touchpad, press Rd and go over to gameplay, and make sure Flurry Timing Helper is checked on as well as Healthbars.

With Healthbars activated, you will be able to see during combat the remaining life of enemies. This is useful for finishing off enemies with magic or a flurry when they are low on health. The flurry system is actually rather basic, when you attack, your weapon will glow when the flurry is ready. This is always at the very end of the swing animation. If you are having trouble, two handed weapons have a much slower attack speed and animation, which will give you a better view at the glow. If you use that method I would recommend doing it one on one with enemies until you are more powerful.

6. The hardest difficulty, Gothic, isn't that hard even at the start if you play careful. It becomes significantly easier as you level and gain items.

7. The trophies are simple and pretty straightforward. I would pay attention to the one quest missable with the Dog.

8. Unlike the PS3 version, you will need to beat the expansion as well to unlock the Gothic difficulty trophy.

9. There is no recipe trophy in the PS4 version.

10. There is an autosave, but it's usually only used after finishing or starting quests, or milestones during quests. I highly advise saving manually regularly, which you can to anytime by pressing the TouchPad and selecting save.

11. The game still has bugs. If the music or sound cuts out, reboot your PS4 to fix. The game can crash, but it's not a regular occurrence. Still, like I said for number 10, save often.

If you can get past the low budget graphics and voice acting, this game is fun for fans of open world RPGS.

Edited by ZombieLover84
Typos

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

another hint always use manual load as it loads ur last autosave if u press load latest

I got this game yesterday as it was in the sale. So far I'm mostly liking it the only problems I have are the camera is too close to the character when you aren't weilding a weapon and the sound is a bit choppy at times, mostly at night!

Thank you for the manual load hint - I'll be going back and playing more later and that will definitely help!

Not sure why they health bars aren't on as default, I only knew about them because they are on in the video on the PS store.

I've been looking for open world games similar to Sacred 2 and this seems like it could be one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this is obvious or has already been answered, but why are the Collectible Trophies (Ancient Relics, Radiant Blessing, and Dark Reward) missable?

If it is because once you use the teleporter in Thornaria, you can't go back (the apparent point of no return), then I'm not worried because I'll just make a manual save before using the teleporter.

If it is because a certain, earlier part of the game can only be accessed once and after completing it, it's gone forever, then I'd have to use a guide while playing, which makes playing a game sometimes feel like a chore.

I just started playing the PS4 version on Gothic and I'm not asking about the recipes. It's my understanding there is no trophy for finding recipes in the PS4 version. I got this game from the US PSN Store for $3 or $4 about a month ago. So far, it's pretty enjoyable. I'm still on the first few quests where you have to impress your future father-in-law by doing three quests.

Thanks to ZombieLover84 for the FAQ and Xander45 for the guide.