I feel like vomiting...

I literally just fired up this game for the first time, played less than 10 mins, and felt like vomiting. Is the frame rate really low, or perhaps it's the crappy graphics? Or something else entirely?

The last game I tried that made me feel as nauseous was Portal 2. Never had issues with COD, Killzone, Destiny. But have had issues with Bioshock, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge.

Does anyone feel like vomiting with some games but not others?

It's all to do with the Field of View (FOV) setting that the game has, which is much nearer than you would find on the PC. A lot of people get FOV sickness with games (mainly FPS ones), though I'm not sure of the reason but it leads to the nausea/vomiting and dizziness. To alleviate the symptoms, take your eyes off the screen every 15mins or so then look around the room you're in and let your eyes re-adjust to your environment before returning to the game. This isn't a permanent fix because the problem will come back so all you can take it easy and not spend as much time playing the games that trigger this for you :(.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

• 1 month later...
I literally just fired up this game for the first time, played less than 10 mins, and felt like vomiting. Is the frame rate really low, or perhaps it's the crappy graphics? Or something else entirely?

The last game I tried that made me feel as nauseous was Portal 2. Never had issues with COD, Killzone, Destiny. But have had issues with Bioshock, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge.

Does anyone feel like vomiting with some games but not others?

I don't feel like vomiting, but it gives me a splitting headache to play.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't feel like vomiting, but it gives me a splitting headache to play.

i used to get that, i got it real bad on the n64; 007, duke, conker, army men. but not at all with perfect dark, turok, winback, banjo or any other similar games. but 007 would be fine when playing multiplayer (splitscreen on the same tv). and playing duke on the vita hasn't bothered me any. i think it's like terminator said, its a fov issue, but i think there are other factors. like a small fov is alleviated by a small vita screen and horizontal stretching to fit a widescreen aspect ratio. i think fps, texture quality, texture brightness, anti-aliasing (or lack thereof) and resolution play a part (turok and perfect dark were not bright or colorful games). like playing 007 at a shit res didn't bother me on splitscreen multiplayer for the same reasons, even with an equal or lesser fps.

funny how banjo and conker were made by the same dev, and only one gave me headaches. same with goldeneye and timesplitters (ps2). havent gotten headaches from ps2 onwards (actually hitman 2 would), but i'll still get them if i play n64.

and i think that's different from getting nauseous. that sounds more like a motion sickness aspect, which i can say a lot of ppl got playing older fps' because of the weapon sway. thats why many games had a toggle to turn it off. that and don't run.

Edited by uber_mensch2012

• 3 months later...

If any of you are still on the game, my advice is to avoid the game and just forget it unless you are a completionist. I tried to rush finish the game in the past few days after putting it aside for quite a while, and vomitted 10 times over the past few days.

Unfortunately I am a completionist, so I cannot allow it so sit there forever. :p

• 2 months later...

I have/had the same problem of getting felt vomiting with this game and WOlfenstein 3D years ago.

Everytime i got lost in the levels i felt like vomiting. I never could get my 100% without Youtube vids. I'm 100% hunter too, so i had to go through this thing.

I'm very happy now, that i was able to complete this game after 13 months.

I have/had the same problem of getting felt vomiting with this game and WOlfenstein 3D years ago.

Everytime i got lost in the levels i felt like vomiting. I never could get my 100% without Youtube vids. I'm 100% hunter too, so i had to go through this thing.

Grats to you~~~~

same here. Not vomiting but a little dizzy and sick. This never happened before I played wolfenstein. After a few days I guess my brain got used to it. As terminator mentioned, try playing in small intervals, walk around a bit, get the mail and so on and try again. After a few days I was able to play it for longer periods without (too many) problems. I know this game was making feel the same but not as bad, guess my brain was more easily adjusting to it this time.

• 3 months later...
Definitely not!

A lot of us have this problem and I am keeping myself off FPS due to that.

Hope you are alright now.

Keep feeling vomiting. The best way is to play 3-4 episodes and take a rest.

Vomiting time finally over!!!

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit/multi quote button instead of multi-posting.