Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition - S Rank Guide

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you keep the combo with the monsters with shadows, those you have to shoot to make them fall? I waste time shooting them and then lose my combo.

I also have a lot of trouble with the monsters that move like crazy that have those daggers. They go underground and then jump. I am not talking about the things that like look sharks you find in the laboratory. They always hit me, hard to dodge, hard to predict.

How do you keep the combo with the monsters with shadows, those you have to shoot to make them fall? I waste time shooting them and then lose my combo.

Nero = Snatch them over and over. Or use Lv3 charge shot.

Lady = Wireshot them over and over. Or use Lv3 charge shot with Handgun.

Vergil = Use Summon Swords, Blistering Swords or Rain Swords. (You can find the movelist in the pause menu > skill list > Summon Swords)

Dante = Activate DT and shoot them with handguns. Or use Pandora Omen. (Switch to Gunslinger Style > Hold :r1: and forward on left analog stick + :circle:)

Trish = Activate DT and shoot them with handguns. Or use Pandora Revenge. (Hold :r1: and press back to forward on left analog stick + :square:)

I also have a lot of trouble with the monsters that move like crazy that have those daggers. They go underground and then jump. I am not talking about the things that like look sharks you find in the laboratory. They always hit me, hard to dodge, hard to predict.

You mean those giant lizards infected by chimera seeds and then they wiggle their tail and burrow underground?

Nero = Lv2 or Lv3 Charge shot stuns them (stops them from wiggling). Snatch them then Buster. Rinse and repeat.

Lady = Lv2 or Lv3 Charge shot with Handgun stuns them (stops them from wiggling). Destroy them with Kalina Lv2 or Lv 3 Charge shot.

Vergil = Kill them with Summon Swords, Blistering Swords or Rain Swords. (You can find the movelist in the pause menu > skill list > Summon Swords)

Dante = Activate DT and shoot them with handguns and they will stop wiggling. The use Stinger (Hold :r1: and press forward on left analog stick + :triangle:). Rinse and Repeat.

Trish = Activate DT and shoot them with handguns and they will stop wiggling then Snatch them with V-Divider (Hold :r1: and press back on left analog stick + :triangle:) and hit them hard with Thunder Blow (Hold :r1: and press forward on left analog stick + :triangle:). Rinse and repeat. Or use Pandora Revenge to kill them immediately if you have atleast 3 Devil Trigger runes (Hold :r1: and press back to forward on left analog stick + :square:).

Finally got a SSS combo :D and some S rank missions. Feeling motivated. I really like Vergil. I think he is the easiest to use and very strong. Havent tried the girls yet though. Do you know why I can buy any more blue orbs? I got only 6. I already found more pieces for the orbs. I think there are 14 orbs in total? I have 200k red orbs, but the game doesnt allow me to buy more. Why?

Yeah I finished it, they were huge pain but i managed after couple tries.:boom:

I also just finished my HaH run and I think to reach S ranking of all missions on DMD is so much harder and of course MORE time consuming. What's your opinion?

Now it's time to beat (heh, it's easy to say but hard to do) Bloody Palace with Nero, Lady, Trish and I'll be done with a plat. However I can't even imagine how many times I'll need to retry with Trish in Bloody Palace. Definitely rage mode is coming, I can feel it... :whistle:

Edited by CNorris

Finally got a SSS combo :D and some S rank missions. Feeling motivated. I really like Vergil. I think he is the easiest to use and very strong.

Did you finally realize why Vergil is awesome?

http://i.imgur.com/E40Z4ie.gif

Do you know why I can buy any more blue orbs? I got only 6. I already found more pieces for the orbs. I think there are 14 orbs in total? I have 200k red orbs, but the game doesnt allow me to buy more. Why?

Blue Orbs can be found on:

1. Item shop - You can buy them with Red Orbs.

2. Hidden Locations - You can find all their locations using this guide:

Devil's Lair - Devil May Cry

Blue Orb Fragments can be found on: (Everytime you collect 4 fragments, the game will give you a Blue Orb)

1. Combat Adjudicators - You can find all their locations using this guide:

Devil's Lair - Devil May Cry

2. Secret Missions - You can find their locations and how to clear them by using this guide:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition/268950-devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-secret-mission-guide.html

Now it's time to beat (heh, it's easy to say but hard to do) Bloody Palace with Nero, Lady, Trish and I'll be done with a plat. However I can't even imagine how many times I'll need to retry with Trish in Bloody Palace. Definitely rage mode is coming, I can feel it... :whistle:

Lady is easy. Nero is normal. Trish is very hard. If you are having trouble with every character in Bloody Palace, you can check this amazing guide below:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition/268949-devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-bloody-palace-guide.html

I also just finished my HaH run and I think to reach S ranking of all missions on DMD is so much harder and of course MORE time consuming. What's your opinion?

Yeah it's a lot harder. I never did it in the original DMC4 because I had other games to play and had like 2-3 missions left to S rank on DMD. Now I'm feeling that I finally get it done.

Then I'll start the BP grind but I'm not sure if I'm up for platinum in this game just because of the clear BP with X character trophies...

I dont like the girl with the guns. And the worst of all is that I started the Sparda difficulty with the girls lol.

Why you don't like Lady?? :think:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HA7JzXXWLnc/maxresdefault.jpg

She's actually high tier in this game. Just charge her handgun and keep dodging until you see it glowing brightest (Lv 2 or Lv3 charge) then shoot the nearest enemy. They will explode after 1-2 secs.

S A S doesn't always guarantee an S as overall rank because it depends on how much Devil Hunter points you got.

Off Topic finally Plat it! :dance: :dance:

Wow congrats. You people are crazy. I think I will give up soon :( I just tried the Bloody Palace, and only made it to stage 19. Plus there is a trophy for getting an S rank in every stage :S I am doomed. I will keep playing it for funt though.

Wow congrats. You people are crazy. I think I will give up soon :( I just tried the Bloody Palace, and only made it to stage 19. Plus there is a trophy for getting an S rank in every stage :S I am doomed. I will keep playing it for funt though.

Don´t give up. You just have to beat it without a super character for the S rank.

Lady is really easy to use. You really don´t have to do anything fancy with her. Just run and jump around while charging L3 with her weapons. Use Kalina Ann only when the enemies are down for some time.

S A S doesn't always guarantee an S as overall rank because it depends on how much Devil Hunter points you got.

Congrats!

"Winners don't quit! Quitters don't win!"

http://www.popcults.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/John_Cena.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Congratz. I see you made it your 100th platinum.

Thanks. Yeah i planned it to be my #100 a while ago.

Well i wouldn't say i'm crazy but i pretty much knew what to expect and so since i played pretty much every DMC and beat all dif and BP on the PS3 version of DMC 4.

That trophy discription ain't quite accurate you just need to get an S rank at the end screen which you can get by not using a super char. And since Lady/Trish don't have a super char you should get it with one of those two.

But Lady has it pretty easy while Trish pretty much has the hardest time out of all chars to clear BP.

Congrats!

Congrats! DMC4: SE platinum is probably one of the hardest of all PS4 games platinum trophies so far, except for DMC vets.

How many tries you took to beat BP with Trish?

Edited by CNorris