Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition – Secret Mission Guide

I made this guide for new players in DMC4. There are 12 secret missions in DMC4 that can be found throughout the game. I included some videos to help you out where to find them and how to complete them. Some of them are easy and some of them are very hard. But most of them are just tricky and it takes a lot of practice to complete them. These missions reward Blue Orb Fragments. Collecting 4 pieces of it rewards you a Blue Orb which increases your character's life bar.

I know a lot of people will start new threads about “How do I complete (insert secret mission) here?” in this board so it would be nice if we can point out this guide to them.

NOTE: I’m not really good in DMC games. I did my best in this guide to help people who are having trouble with the secret missions. So please, don’t criticize my work. I used model swapping in these videos. Lady is using Nero’s weapons/moveset while Trish is Dante’s weapons/moveset.

You don't have to clear all secret missions with the new characters if you have already completed them using Nero/Dante. Just remember to clear the mission that you are playing to get the trophy after completing the last Secret Mission, or clear another mission if you have quit the current mission. The Blue Orbs, Red Orbs and Proud Souls are shared between all characters.

Secret Mission 01 (Annihilation)

Difficulty - Easy

Mission 02: La Porte De L'Enfer

Just perform Buster on every enemy you see.

Secret Mission 02 (Alley-Oop)

Difficulty - Easy

Mission 04: Cold Blooded

Just jump in mid-air and snatch one enemy then perform Buster to increase your time in mid-air. Rinse and repeat. Use air hike (double jump if needed).

Secret Mission 03 (Nonviolent Resistance)

Pre-requisites: Aegis Shield (From Mission 08, after you fight Angelo Credo)

Difficulty - Hard

Mission 05: Trisagion or Mission 16: Inferno as Dante

Grab the nearest scarecrow to you and use it as a shield against the other 2 enemies. Taunt while doing it. Hopefully your stylish meter reaches C before the scarecrow dies. If it doesn't, just grab another scarecrow and repeat your taunting.

Secret Mission 04 (Tracking Treasure Down)

Pre-requisites: The Dangly Bit

Difficulty - Medium

Mission 06: Resurrection

The location of the orbs in this room is random. But here are some of the places where you can find them:

Underground

http://devils-lair.org/guide/dmc4/sm/SM4-Guide-Pic2.jpg

On one end of the left red carpet

http://devils-lair.org/guide/dmc4/sm/SM4-Guide-Pic5.jpg

Where the Gyro Blade is located

http://devils-lair.org/guide/dmc4/sm/SM4-Guide-Pic4.jpg

On the balcony's hand rail near the lower left corner of the Grand Hall (You have to stand right on the pillar support on the 2nd floor)

http://devils-lair.org/guide/dmc4/sm/SM4-Guide-Pic6.jpg

At the upper right corner of the room (1st floor)

http://devils-lair.org/guide/dmc4/sm/SM4-Guide-Pic1.jpg

In front of the Pedestal on the 2nd floor

http://devils-lair.org/guide/dmc4/sm/SM4-Guide-Pic3.jpg

In front of the entrance door (1st floor)

http://devils-lair.org/guide/dmc4/sm/SM4-Guide-Pic7.jpg

Secret Mission 05 (Sky Scraper)

Pre-requisites: Wing Talisman, Grim Grip

Difficulty - Hard

Mission 07: The She-Viper

This one isn't really hard as long as you keep on practicing. You will get it after a few retries so just keep on practicing.

Secret Mission 06 (Vermifuge)

Pre-requisites: Aegis Shield, Air Hike

Difficulty: Easy

Mission 10: Wrapped In Glory

Grab the scarecrow after it respawns. Jump to the top of the cliff behind you and throw it there. Go back below the cliff and perform Buster on every chimera.

Secret Mission 07 (Free Running)

Difficulty: Hard (Nero), Easy (Dante)

Mission 10: Wrapped In Glory (Nero) or Mission 12: A New Beginning (Dante)

As Nero: Activate the switch first and walk to the first 2 platforms to make the Mephistos spawn. Then go back to the switch and kill all Mephistos there to avoid falling. Once you kill all of them, just wait for the platforms to reset and activate the switch again. The Mephistos won’t bother you anymore while crossing the platforms.

As Dante: Just use Pandora Argument (requires half of the gauge full) and fly towards the exit.

Secret Mission 08 (Royal Blocker)

Difficulty: Hard

Mission 14: Forest of Ruin

2 Mephistos will spawn beside you. Kill one of them so it won’t bother you later. Stay in the middle of the room and wait for the Mephisto to perform his tail swipe on you. This move is the easiest move to counter with a Royal Guard. Simply press :circle: just before the move hits you. Mephisto’s other moves are hard to counter if you suck in using Royal Guard just like me.

If you block 2x or 3x in a row, activate Dreadnaught for the last 2 or 3 royal blocks. Even if you miss the timing, your counter won't go down.

Secret Mission 09 (Unbreakable)

Pre-requisites: Pandora Argument

Difficulty: Very Easy (Super Dante), Very Hard (Normal Dante)

Mission 15: Fortuna Castle

This is the Hardest Secret Mission of all. It only takes one hit from the enemy to fail this mission and you have to fight 2 waves of infected Assaults. You can do this in 2 ways:

With pride (Normal Dante): Learn to kill 2 waves of infected Assaults without getting hit at least once. If you fail, just keep on practicing.

Without pride (Super Dante): Jump in the middle of the room and use Pandora Argument but do not lock on. I'm sure even a 9 year old kid can do this without any effort at all. And remember!

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win".

Secret Mission 10 (Puppet Master)

Pre-requisites: Anima Mercury

Difficulty: Medium

Mission 05: Trisagion

This one is easy. It just requires some practice to complete it. When pushing the GyroBlade on hallways, slash it twice and Buster it to make it travel longer. When pushing the GyroBlade to a nearby statue, just Buster it without slashing it to make it travel shorter. This way, it won't bounce back and forth on walls and make your job harder.

Secret Mission 11: Point of Impact

Pre-requisites: Pandora Revenge (Hard), Ebony and Ivory (Medium) or Swordmaster Maxed Up (Easy)

Difficulty: Hard

Mission 16: Inferno

Run towards the stairs leading to the forest and stop by the upper end of the stairs (do not go down the stairs). Make sure you are facing the hallway straight on (press the right analog stick to center the camera). Hold :square:, then rotate the :ls: multiple times until Pandora Revenge (the laser cannon) comes out. Aim it downwards about 45 degress (do not hold :r1:). Release :square: to blast the statue at the end of the hallway.

Now run back to the opposite side (activate DT if needed), to the hallway leading to the HQ and do the same as above. But this time, hold :r1: so the weapon doesn’t tilt upward or downward. Release :square: to blast the statue at the end of hallway.

You can also do this mission without using Pandora:

Ebony & Ivory: Just run to both ends of the hallway and start shooting the statues. The distance between the statue and you should be at least 3 Stingers away from Dante. Activate DT while running if needed.

Rebellion (Swordmaster): Run to hallway A, perform Round Trip or Quick Drive. Then run back to hallway B, perform Round Trip or Quick Drive.

Secret Mission 12: Steeplechase

Pre-requisites: Pandora Argument (A Full Disaster Gauge) or Dreadnaught (Half Gauge)

Difficulty: Easy

Mission 17: Adagio For Strings

This can be done in three ways:

With pride (without using Pandora): Use Trickster style. Dashing/air dashing give you invincibility frames. If you fail, keep practicing.

Without pride (Pandora Argument): Jump twice in mid-air and use Pandora Argument (do not fire any missile). Just fly towards the end of the hallway.

Without pride (Dreadnaught): Activate your DT and Dreadnaught (Royal Guard should be maxed). Just spam Stinger until you reach the end of the hallway.

Edited by Terminator
Removed some dead videos and associated text.

NOTE: The Secret Missions trophy doesn't require you to clear all secret missions with every character. They can be done with Nero/Dante only. You may do these missions using Vergil/Lady/Trish, only if you are looking for a decent challenge in the game. Vergil/Lady/Trish doesn't have Secret Mission 2 & 8. Please refer to Nero/Dante guide above for the location of these Secret Missions.

Lady/Trish - Secret Missions Guide

#1 - Annihilation

Objective: Destroy all demons within the time limit.

Just use Lv 3 Kalina Ann blasts to dispose of the scarecrows.

#3 - Nonviolent Resistance

Objective: Raise your stylish rank without using attacks.

Just keep jumping or rolling while taunting to increase your style meter. But do not double jump because it will fire a rocket below you and hit the enemies.

#4 - Tracking Treasure Down

Objective: Find all the hidden orbs.

Please refer to Nero/Dante guide above for the location of the red orbs.

#5 - Sky Scraper

Objective: Reach the goal by rising to the top.

This one is really easy. Just keep practicing if you fail on your first try.

#6 - Vermifuge

Objective: Eliminate all Chimera before the Scarecrow is taken over.

This one is almost impossible. First, you need to lift up the scarecrow with your handguns to throw it away, then follow it and use wire shot to throw it up again. Now use your DT explosion (burst attack) to kill the surrounding chimeras. Then use your Kalina Ann to blast any leftovers.

Alternatively, just fire a Lv 3 Kalina Ann shot on the scarecrow when all the chimera seeds attack it together. Credit to RAVE-O-LUTION Visual Riot for the video.

[ame]

[/ame]

#7 - Free Running

Objective: Reach the goal without falling through the vanishing floor.

I strongly recommend that you go back to the pedestal/dial/switch after stepping on the first 2 platforms (once the Mephistos spawn). Kill them all near the pedestal so you won't have to worry about falling. Then wait for the platforms to reset and hit the pedestal again after killing all Mephistos.

#9 - Unbreakable

Objective: Eliminate all enemies without taking damage and without being captured by a Fault.

This one is also almost impossible. Use Round Trip first, then spam Thunder Blow when they are knocked back. Repeat when they stand up. Use Pandora laser instead of Thunder Blow when an infected Assault is knocked back.

#10 - Puppet Master

Objective: Manipulate the Gyro Blades and raze everything.

This is one is tricky.

#11 - Point of Impact

Objective: Use Pandora to destroy distant objects.

Just use Pandora laser on both statues. You can also use Round Trip to save time.

#12 - Steeplechase

Objective: Reach the goal without taking damage.

This one is also almost impossible. Jump twice slowly whenever a laser is going to hit you. Then dive kick at the peak of the jump. If your timing is correct, you will land unharmed. Rinse and repeat. Both Trish' jump and dive kick have invincibility frames.

Alternatively, just use Trish' Round Trip to grab the Blue Orb Fragment at the end of hallway. It will save you a lot of time trying to do what I did in this video. :)

Vergil - Secret Missions Guide

Here is a useful video of someone clearing all Secret Missions using Vergil. Credit goes to CGInfernoBlast for the video:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

If you like my guide, you can also check out my other guides for DMC4SE:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition/268940-devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-boss-guide-dante-must-die.html#post5203238

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition/268949-devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-bloody-palace-guide.html#post5215775

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition/269101-devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-s-rank-guide.html#post5207196

Edited by Terminator
Removed some dead videos and associated text.

I accidentally figured out how to do the Lasers Secret Mission with Trish:

Thanks for the info. I will update my guide as soon as I download the game. I tried your method with Dante's Round Trip but it doesn't work for him. Perhaps Trish' Round Trip can snatch Red orbs and Blue orbs/fragments the same way Nero can with Snatch. :think:

Thanks for the info. I will update my guide as soon as I download the game. I tried your method with Dante's Round Trip but it doesn't work for him. Perhaps Trish' Round Trip can snatch Red orbs and Blue orbs/fragments the same way Nero can with Snatch. :think:

No Problem! Somehow or other I beat the no damage mission on the first try with Trish as well, you can definitely get a lot of mileage out of just staying in the air and keeping lightning trails up. 10:00 in this video:

Aside: Playing on Legendary Dark Knight It took like 6 or 7 missions to get in the groove with Lady (though of course I didn't have all her abilities to start with) but I S Ranked every mission except 18 on the first try with Trish. I think in LDK Lady is actually a better character as she just does super well against huge numbers of enemies, but Trish definitely feels more familiar.

Edited by Valgresas

No Problem! Somehow or other I beat the no damage mission on the first try with Trish as well, you can definitely get a lot of mileage out of just staying in the air and keeping lightning trails up. 10:00 in this video:

I tried that mission with Dante without using Pandora and it only gave me a headache.

NOTE: Testing only

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9KKFOFneU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9KKFOFneU[/ame]

Fantastic guide!

Though, for Secret Mission 8, you might want to mention using Dreadnaught (if using Dante, not sure if Trish can do it as I only just found out she can use styles lol ha... pc only) when you are around 3/5 or 4/5 to give yourself a breathing room since it doesn't reset the counter when hit.

Edited by Density

Fantastic guide!

Though, for Secret Mission 8, you might want to mention using Dreadnaught (if using Dante, not sure if Trish can do it as I only just found out she can use styles lol) when you are around 3/5 or 4/5 to give yourself a breathing room since it doesn't reset the counter when hit.

Thanks for the info. I just updated my guide now.

Secret Mission 09 (Unbreakable)

Pre-requisites: Pandora Argument

Difficulty: Very Easy (Super Dante), Very Hard (Normal Dante)

Mission 15: Fortuna Castle

In order to unlock Super Dante/Nero you need to beat DMD mode, right? Is the same way to unlock Super Vergil as well?

Edited by CNorris

Clearing DMD with Nero/Dante unlocks Super Nero/Super Dante only.

Clearing DMD with Vergil unlocks Super Vergil only.

Clearing DMD with Lady/Trish unlocks nothing. :mad:

Thanks!

I feel like such a noob right now, seems like everyone knows everything about DMC and stuff here. And here I come with noobish questions because I have never played any DMC. I'm sitting on the secret mission 8 right now, which is kinda tricky for me and even I don't know why.

Edited by CNorris

Thanks!

I feel like such a noob right now, everyone knows everything about DMC and stuff here. And here I come with noobish questions because I have never played any DMC.

No problem. This is the reason why I made these guides in this board. To help new players in this game. I know it's hard to get into the series but DMC games are really stylish and fun to play. :)

No problem. This is the reason why I made these guides in this board. To help new players in this game. I know it's hard to get into the series but DMC games are really stylish and fun to play. :)

Oh yes, I already noticed this.

Don't get me wrong, I really like challenging games (especially hack and slash/action rpg), so that's why I decided to grab DMC4 SE. The last time I was that excited probably while I was playing Ninja Gaiden 2. :)

Edited by CNorris

For Secret Mission 9, I just did that. No need for DT, no need for any upgrades.

[ame]

[/ame]

Don't Lock-On the Assaults because they will start trying to shoot you or do their spinning flying attacks. They don't attack if they are off-screen (as shown in the video).

Edited by AegisAvenger

For Secret Mission 9, I just did that. No need for DT, no need for any upgrades.

Don't Lock-On the Assaults because they starts trying to shoot you or do their spinning flying attacks. They don't attack if they are off-screen (as shown in the video).

I just tried it and this method also works. It's not foolproof however. If you're very unlucky, you can get hit by an infected assault anytime you land on the ground. Just try again when that happens. :)

I almost done Secret Mission 9 with Vergil maybe should try it on human difficult.

I will need some time tho to figure out how to do Secret Mission 3? (The one where you can't attack but have to raise style meter) as Vergil. I know it's possible with just dodging but need to get the timing right.

Updated my guide. Vergil's all secret missions is up. My internet really sucks, I'm still downloading the game :(

Updated my guide. Vergil's all secret missions is up. My internet really sucks, I'm still downloading the game :(

Aww thought it would be each mission a vid.

Also don't worry for some odd reason DMC4 SE application data download took way longer that it should have.

Some tricks that people say that might help to shorten the download time are:

Put PS4 in sleep mode

Pause download wait like 5 secs then resume download.

Might be a lil off topic but i also got a vid for Wrath Of The Ragign Demon Hunter trophy.

Aww thought it would be each mission a vid.

Also don't worry for some odd reason DMC4 SE application data download took way longer that it should have.

Some tricks that people say that might help to shorten the download time are:

Put PS4 in sleep mode

Pause download wait like 5 secs then resume download.

Umm... I'm downloading the PC version because it has training mode/boss select. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's because Trish's roundtrip goes farther than both Vergil and Dante's, as well as Nero's snatch and Lady's grappling hook.

• 1 month later...