Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition – Bloody Palace Guide

Btw is PC version also easier? Looking at your Trish BP videos it looks like you take a lot less damage out of hits than I do :confused:

For some reasons I don't understand why, the difficulty becomes easier everytime you fail and retry Bloody Palace. This also happened to me in the original version (DMC4 2008). I failed 8-10x with Nero but I was able to beat it and the opponents were much easier.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reasons I don't understand why, the difficulty becomes easier everytime you fail and retry Bloody Palace. This also happened to me in the original version (DMC4 2008). I failed 8-10x with Nero but I was able to beat it and the opponents were much easier.

wow I never noticed that and I failed multiple times in the original DMC4. Maybe then I can get Platinum in this game by failing enough with Trish :whistle: as I only need to finish BP with her but my best with her is 38 :facepalm:

Edit:

I also wasn't indicating that the damage was any factor for your success in completing BP, It was just something that caught my attention. I think you haven't even seen a bad player and the fact that you kicked BP's ass with all characters and made walkthrough videos out of it means you are a very good DMC player. Just to clear that out.

Edited by DarkSephiroth

wow I never noticed that and I failed multiple times in the original DMC4. Maybe then I can get Platinum in this game by failing enough with Trish :whistle: as I only need to finish BP with her but my best with her is 38 :facepalm:

Edit:

I also wasn't indicating that the damage was any factor for your success in completing BP, It was just something that caught my attention. I think you haven't even seen a bad player and the fact that you kicked BP's ass with all characters and made walkthrough videos out of it means you are a very good DMC player. Just to clear that out.

Failure leads to success. I've been practicing in DMC4 2008 before the Special Edition came out. Thank God Capcom didn't add any new enemy/boss or all my DMC4 2008 guides in Youtube are useless now.

I added a video of Trish vs Blitz x2 on the bottom part of my opening post in this guide because I saw alot of people on Gamefaqs needing help on Trish vs Blitz. My only advice is:

1. Learn how to dodge.

2. Learn how when to perform a combo that is safe on dodge (recovery frames is fast).

3. Learn how to play fighting games. :p

Failure leads to success. I've been practicing in DMC4 2008 before the Special Edition came out. Thank God Capcom didn't add any new enemy/boss or all my DMC4 2008 guides in Youtube are useless now.

I added a video of Trish vs Blitz x2 on the bottom part of my opening post in this guide because I saw alot of people on Gamefaqs needing help on Trish vs Blitz. My only advice is:

1. Learn how to dodge.

2. Learn how when to perform a combo that is safe on dodge (recovery frames is fast).

3. Learn how to play fighting games. :p

Haha yeah. I think my biggest problem is that I don't use DT as much as I should. I'm always saving it for the Pandora use. I can check all three of those now I just have to learn Trish better. :think:

Although I'm not playing this daily anymore I appreciate you and everyone who has given me tips and tactis. If I ever get through BP with Trish it's because of you guys.

it's the same in the story missions, i died 5-6 times during the royal guard secret mission and at the end of the mission i got a penalty for [handicapped enemies] (meaning they became easier)

i guess the decreased difficulty is only temporary in the bloody palace as long as you use retry and not exit to the menu, but don't expect to get s rank at the end if you retry 10 times and get the handicap penalty

it's the same in the story missions, i died 5-6 times during the royal guard secret mission and at the end of the mission i got a penalty for [handicapped enemies] (meaning they became easier)

i guess the decreased difficulty is only temporary in the bloody palace as long as you use retry and not exit to the menu, but don't expect to get s rank at the end if you retry 10 times and get the handicap penalty

I was just thinking about that does it keep the decreased difficulty. I guess you are right about that and that's why I never noticed it on the original DMC4 as I tried BP once or twice a day then.

Luckily I already got my S rank with Vergil :cool:

Edit:

God f**king dammit!!! Died on the stage 89 with Trish....

Edited by DarkSephiroth

Well, that's depressing....:)

11754358_451923601653425_5933426701746299216_o.jpg

I got rekt by Angelo Agnus:p

Guess I should've listened to your advice about practicing the bosses before diving into BP:facepalm:

That was my 3rd run with Vergil

Now after some practice against Agnus and Dante

I think I can easily do it:think:

I got rekt by Angelo Agnus:p

Guess I should've listened to your advice about practicing the bosses before diving into BP:facepalm:

I told you guys:

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Died on the stage 89 with Trish....

http://www.popcults.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/John_Cena.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Edited by emiliathesage

I told you guys:

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

http://www.popcults.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/John_Cena.0_standard_730.0.jpg

I didn't. DMC4:SE Platinum!

Thank you guys, really thank you a ton!!!

Finally did it with vergil and got my 4 trophies:dance:

This time, Agnus is the one who got absolutely rekt:p

Congratz! Feels good right :D

Edited by DarkSephiroth

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Got all the way up to floor 101 with Nero and got killed by that cheap son of a bitch Dante. All he kept doing was mid-air shotgun blasts.

Wasted 2 hours of my life....

Finally beat Dante. I practiced a little trick in Legendary Dark Knight mode that worked like a charm.

With Nero, have a charge shot 3 ready at all times. Keep a distance away from him until fully charged then jump into the air and try to Air Buster him. If you're successful in grabbing him, release the Charge Shot at him right as he gets up in the air with you. The shot will knock him back and then the explosion will damage him heavily. Just rinse and repeat. I think it took me maybe 2-3 minutes to beat him.

I found the easiest way to pull this off is when he's in Swordmaster or Royal Guard Style. Trickster I grabbed him once but he got away. Gunslinger he does the mid-air shotgun blast, so don't try it then.

Last time I got brutalized by him, this time I only got hit by 2 mid-air shotgun blasts and lost 1 full block of Health. Good luck to those going for this!

Edited by Barrndawg

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished with Trish. Took me 3 or 4 tries and I died on the Blitz every single time (only random floors. 85 being the highest I got). She's not that bad of a character once you get the hang of her.

A tip for the Blitz....especially on Floor 85. Don't try to outright kill them. I found it easier to save at least 3 DT slots just in case it does happen to grab you (that's how I died on every attempt). That way you can Devil Trigger to get out of the grab and survive.

I just did 2 Pandora's Revenge (Back to Forward and Shoot) to get it in the red and just jumped around like crazy until it killed itself.

Hope this helps others!

Edited by Barrndawg