Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition – Bloody Palace Guide

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady is easy. Nero is normal. Trish is very hard. If you are having trouble with every character in Bloody Palace, you can check this amazing guide below:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition/268949-devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-bloody-palace-guide.html

If you mean Lady is easy compared to Trish, then I agree.

Speaking about enemies, forget Blitzes as being the hardest ones in Bloody Palace. Those freaking Cutlasses are on the spot right now. They already ruined my three great runs with Lady on stages - 96, 75, 88. :thumbsdown: To be honest, I have no idea how to fight them efficiently anymore since they can easily survive Lady's L2 grenades and have ridiculously high jumps with sometimes predictable accuracy. Blitzes can act unpredictable sometimes but at least they don't hide underground.

Edited by CNorris

Speaking about enemies, forget Blitzes as being the hardest ones in Bloody Palace. Those freaking Cutlasses are on the spot right now. They already ruined my three great runs with Lady on stages - 96, 75, 88. :thumbsdown: To be honest, I have no idea how to fight them efficiently anymore since they can easily survive Lady's L2 grenades and have ridiculously high jumps with sometimes predictable accuracy. Blitzes can act unpredictable sometimes but at least they don't hide underground.

Take a break for now. I'm sure you are physically tired and mentally exhausted. Come back when you are feeling better. :)

Handgun Lv 2 or Lv 3 shot stops them from moving.

Double jumping covers great distance. Use it to dodge when you see them jumping.

Wireshot snatches them when they are airborne and stops them from moving.

Just run around and use L3 handguns. Same effects as Nero.

Happend to me as well. Fell through the stage, had to restart lol.

It happened to me also but the camera angle fell instead of my character lol. I think it was chasing the Cutlass that fell and it was like "OMG!!! The cameraman is falling roflmao." :rofl:

Skip the video to 41:30

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxVM4xfbuUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxVM4xfbuUY[/ame]

Edited by emiliathesage

Handgun Lv 2 or Lv 3 shot stops them from moving.

Double jumping covers great distance. Use it to dodge when you see them jumping.

Wireshot snatches them when they are airborne and stops them from moving.

Just run around and use L3 handguns. Same effects as Nero.

Thank you for advices! It really helped me to fight those Cutlasses so much better and faster.

It was so close with Lady on 4th run, but still not finish... Let's just say a few stupid mistakes were made on stage 100. :)

http://i.imgur.com/1FDAH2I.jpg

I never give up so I will come back for this tomorrow!

On the other hand, I just beat Bloody Palace with Nero on my first try and I'm glad I didn't experience the fall out bug. :think:

Edited by CNorris

It was so close with Lady on 4th run, but still not finish... Let's just say a few stupid mistakes were made on stage 100. :)

Then practice defeating Agnus without taking alot of damage.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jovOxUF12ks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jovOxUF12ks[/ame]

Practice makes perfect! And remember:

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Then practice defeating Agnus without taking alot of damage.

DMC4 SE - Lady DMD Agnus SSS - YouTube

Practice makes perfect! And remember:

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Agnus is a tricky boss for me. Most of time I can beat him quite easily with any character (even with Trish), but sometimes I somehow manage to miserably fail in a fight against Agnus. For example, I beat Agnus on stage 100 with Nero without taking a hit.

I totally agree, practice makes perfect!

Edited by CNorris

Happend to me as well. Fell through the stage, had to restart lol.

I didn't had to restart it just respawned me in the middle of BP and lost a lil bit of health.

Agnus is a tricky boss for me. Most of time I can beat him quite easily with any character (even with Trish), but sometimes I somehow manage to miserably fail in a fight against Agnus. For example, I beat Agnus on stage 100 with Nero without taking a hit.

I totally agree, practice makes perfect!

So you beat Agnus like that?

EDIT:

Ugh just failed with Trish at the 2 blitzes floor messed up the start and from there it went downhill. Did manage to kill one and died like one moment before the second one would have gone into blow up state. But oh well i will try again tomorrow since for now i better get some sleep.

Edited by Tosmasta00

So you beat Agnus like that?

Yes, I wiped floor with Agnus.

And I finally beat BP with Lady. Now it's time for BP with Trish... oh man, it will take ages but I never give up! :whistle:

Edited by CNorris

Yes, I wiped floor with Agnus.

And I finally beat BP with Lady. Now it's time for BP with Trish... oh man, it will take ages but I never give up! :whistle:

BP with Trish is mainly trail and error. Hardest part is clearing floor 85 without dying (due to grabs mostly in my case) Oh and at Berial it sorta seems as if Trish can't really dodge his attacks well like that charge or that foward slash. Never had a prob with other chars to dodge it with jumps but as Trish i always get hit.

BP with Trish is mainly trail and error. Hardest part is clearing floor 85 without dying (due to grabs mostly in my case) Oh and at Berial it sorta seems as if Trish can't really dodge his attacks well like that charge or that foward slash. Never had a prob with other chars to dodge it with jumps but as Trish i always get hit.

Me too, it's weird that Trish quite often gets hit in air unlike any other character. And how about time? I tried a couple times with Trish and my biggest enemy is time so far. :think:

I also noticed this thing about Berial. At first I thought it's just a wrong timing with Trish, however I have never had any problem dodging his attacks with other characters. Oh her slowness.

I didn't reach Cutlasses yet but I'm pretty sure they will be pain to fight with Trish. How did you fight them?

Edited by CNorris

I didn't reach Cutlasses yet but I'm pretty sure they will be pain to fight with Trish. How did you fight them?

Snatch them then Stinger! Stinger! Stinger!

1. Use V-Divider (Hold :r1: + back on the Left Analog Stick and press :circle:) to snatch enemies.

2. Then use Thunder Blow ((during Round Trip or V-Divider) Hold :r1: + forward on the Left Analog Stick and press/hold :triangle:) until your Sparda returns.

3. Rinse and repeat.

Snatch them then Stinger! Stinger! Stinger!

1. Use V-Divider (Hold :r1: + back on the Left Analog Stick and press :circle:) to snatch enemies.

2. Then use Thunder Blow ((during Round Trip or V-Divider) Hold :r1: + forward on the Left Analog Stick and press/hold :triangle:) until your Sparda returns.

3. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks. I'll definitely gonna use it once I actually reach them. Blitz and mephistos killed Trish on stage 38 a five times in a row. I have no problem fighting Blitz+any other enemy, but mephistos bring so much chaos in a fight because they can't be staggered by V-Divider while flying around.

Edited by CNorris

YES!

I did it! I beated Bloody Palace with Vergil!

This is the first time ever I managed to beat Bloody Palace with normal character so that's why it's such a big deal to me :D

Congrats man! I know that feeling because Vergil was the first character I beat Bloody Palace.