• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm looking to buy the PS4 edition the October but after looking into the game's negative reviews and problematic camera I'm a little worried. As a fan will I enjoy it? I really liked these new combat movesets that chars have but I think it's the only good thing for the game. I'm between this one and Dragon Quest Heroes..

Excellent guide by the way and I will use it in the future.

I'm looking to buy the PS4 edition the October but after looking into the game's negative reviews and problematic camera I'm a little worried. As a fan will I enjoy it? I really liked these new combat movesets that chars have but I think it's the only good thing for the game. I'm between this one and Dragon Quest Heroes..

Excellent guide by the way and I will use it in the future.

The game got a lot of negative feedback, because Alisha does not have the traditional role of the heroine as people expected. But I won't say anything more about it as it's better to play the game yourself and judge her role then unlike many other people on the internet back when the game was released in Japan.

The camera can be problematic, but I'd say about 70% of the cases are caused by the players themselves. The battles are not on a separate screen, but rather on the current environmental surroundings whenever you touch the enemy. Most enemies stand in relatively wide areas, but when you try to bypass them, they will follow you when they see you. Mostly it is problematic when they touch you when you are currently in a narrow corridor.

The opinions on this game depend on what you like about the Tales series. The story is apparently a mess in the second half. Zestiria is worth playing for its music, battle system, and character interactions (skits) though. I also like the world map like 1000x better than in Xillia. Of the PS3 Tales I would put it above the Xillia titles, but below Vesperia and Graces f. It's a good game in my opinion and I am looking forward to play through it again. If you end up not playing the game, at least listen to the soundtrack because it is godly.

Tell you the truth I enjoyed the Xillia titles not for their story but for their gameplay. Especially the 2nd one that introduced the weapon switch. I understand what you say about they battles and truth to be told somethimes you get bored for all the fighting so I'll try to avoid enemies so I won't have to battle with sucky camera. I think I'll pre order now to have the DLC free...

PS: On my two playthroughts I can start the game in every diff I want and change it to chaos for the bosses only right? I'm thinking about making my 1st one on normal just for the grades.

Am I missing something here?

There was no shadow battle when I examined the mirror at Lakepillow High Grounds; nothing happens.

I thought I had to proceed further; I just finished the fire trial a while ago and went back there and still nothing happens.

Nevermind, figured it out.

If you had mumei items equipped on your characters and chose to carry them over via the grade shop. You will not trigger the fight, I guess it glitched since you were supposed to regain the equipment you had equipped on you after you fought them.

And I thought you get all the blessed equipment too which is apparently not true since I only got what I had equipped. Now I have to restart from the beginning again and equip my characters with their best equipment.

Tell you the truth I enjoyed the Xillia titles not for their story but for their gameplay. Especially the 2nd one that introduced the weapon switch. I understand what you say about they battles and truth to be told somethimes you get bored for all the fighting so I'll try to avoid enemies so I won't have to battle with sucky camera. I think I'll pre order now to have the DLC free...

PS: On my two playthroughts I can start the game in every diff I want and change it to chaos for the bosses only right? I'm thinking about making my 1st one on normal just for the grades.

The weapon switching is unique to Xillia 2 and won't return here, but you'll have a new mechanic (fusion with the seraphims) which is nice as well.

For the bosses, you only need to be on the required difficulty for that boss fight, no need to play the whole game on Chaos. You will not earn much Grade on Normal, but that's where the Gald Farming will get in handy.

Nice guide dude. :applause:

Thank you! :dance:

If you had mumei items equipped on your characters and chose to carry them over via the grade shop. You will not trigger the fight, I guess it glitched since you were supposed to regain the equipment you had equipped on you after you fought them.

And I thought you get all the blessed equipment too which is apparently not true since I only got what I had equipped. Now I have to restart from the beginning again and equip my characters with their best equipment.

Did you choose the option in the Grade Shop to inherit the blessed equipment? This is necessary for all blessed equipment. I am not really sure about the mumei equipment invalidating the fight, but might be true. I'll test it. You can initiate the fight as soon as you are able to examine the bullseye.

• 1 month later...
Compared to Symponia, how's the platinum?

Most people would say it's easier since you don't have to complete all side quests and stuff like Collector's and Monster Book, but if you are bad at the battles, you might have problems unlocking every trophy. Although most of the battle-related trophies can be alternatively gotten on additional playthroughs without any difficulty requirement, the hardest trophy (Bested the Worst) cannot, but grinding good equipment (which is also required for the plat) makes it easier.

Personally, I found it easier than Symphonia (hello collecting every treasure chest).

Most people would say it's easier since you don't have to complete all side quests and stuff like Collector's and Monster Book, but if you are bad at the battles, you might have problems unlocking every trophy. Although most of the battle-related trophies can be alternatively gotten on additional playthroughs without any difficulty requirement, the hardest trophy (Bested the Worst) cannot, but grinding good equipment (which is also required for the plat) makes it easier.

Personally, I found it easier than Symphonia (hello collecting every treasure chest).

Thanks, i 'll play it regardless the platinum difficult cause i'm a huge tales fan but knowing it's easier than symphonia it'sa relief, the first symphonia game was a pain in the ass:rolleyes:

I added more information for the first story-related trophy since it was a bit vague. I'll be on holiday until the end of October, but afterwards I can (hopefully) answer any questions you may have. I've updated the translated trophy names with the English ones from the PS3 English list that was revealed months ago, but didn't update any names since I don't have information on localized names (yet). Enjoy the game when it is out soon! :)

Tested it now and I was able to initiate the battle even with mumei weapons equipped. I chose all options in the Grade Shop except for that very expensive one. I didn't play until the trial phase now, but the Grade Shop option is for all the blessed equipment on top of your currently equipped equipment (which is what I got when I wrote the guide). I am not sure whether there is another hidden requirement, but I can't find anything about more requirements than what is already listed in the guide. I added a note about the Grade Shop option though for the blessed equipment.

Hope someone answer me :confused:

The Road map guide say that you can plat the game in only two playthrough... and Hard more is ther harder difficulty to start from so...

Like this?:

1º Easy to finish game and unlock Grade Shop

2º Hard till unlock Evil (300 battles)

3º Evil till unlock Chaos (400 battles)

4º Second run on Chaos to plat

------------

I'm at the Borus Historic Ruins allready on my first playthrough on Hard and can't find a way to kill the boss there :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by GPAP360

Hope someone answer me :confused:

The Road map guide say that you can plat the game in only two playthrough... and Hard more is ther harder difficulty to start from so...

Like this?:

1º Easy to finish game and unlock Grade Shop

2º Hard till unlock Evil (300 battles)

3º Evil till unlock Chaos (400 battles)

4º Second run on Chaos to plat

------------

I'm at the Borus Historic Ruins allready on my first playthrough on Hard and can't find a way to kill the boss there :mad::mad::mad:

Not sure why you posted here and made a thread saying the exacty same thing, but whatever.

If you read the walkthrough then AppleKratue tells you how to do it in 2 playthroughs.

You don't need 5 playthroughs for that one trophy. It's just an alternative way of earning it instead of beating the final boss on the highest difficulty setting.

Not sure why you posted here and made a thread saying the exacty same thing, but whatever.

If you read the walkthrough then AppleKratue tells you how to do it in 2 playthroughs.

You don't need 5 playthroughs for that one trophy. It's just an alternative way of earning it instead of beating the final boss on the highest difficulty setting.

Have read allready and he don't say NOTHING about the difficulty, tha'ts why i ask.

Make a reply and post to have more % to get a USEFULL answer :rolleyes:

------------

¿You can change the difficulty to harder or easier and the Trophies still unlocking?

Edited by GPAP360

Have read allready and he don't say NOTHING about the difficulty, tha'ts why i ask.

Make a reply and post to have more % to get a USEFULL answer :rolleyes:

------------

¿You can change the difficulty to harder or easier and the Trophies still unlocking?

First of, being rude gets you nowhere. I tried to help you, and told you it's all there, but yet you decide to be rude, alright then..

What is it you don't get? Even the trophies says everything. You can earn the difficulty related trophies on the first playthrough by playing on said difficulties and beating the bosses with no items used.

But during your 2nd playthrough difficulty doesn't matter. You can even earn the boss related trophies on easy during your 2nd playthrough. You just cannot use items during the boss specific fights.

During the 2nd playthrough, the only difficulty related boss fight is the final boss on Chaos difficulty, which you need to do. There's no way around that.

Edited by Rawanz

First of, being rude gets you nowhere. I tried to help you, and told you it's all there, but yet you decide to be rude, alright then..

What is it you don't get? Even the trophies says everything. You can earn the difficulty related trophies on the first playthrough by playing on said difficulties and beating the bosses with no items used.

But during your 2nd playthrough difficulty doesn't matter. You can even earn the boss related trophies on easy during your 2nd playthrough. You just cannot use items during the boss specific fights.

During the 2nd playthrough, the only difficulty related boss fight is the final boss on Chaos difficulty, which you need to do. There's no way around that.

¿You can change the difficulty whenever you want to harder or easier and still unlocking the trophies?

Does anyone else have a problem with the AI? How do I make it so that they don't always die on boss fights?

I'm playing on Hard and the AI just keeps dying so I end up fighting the boss with Sorey solo for a bit until the AI is able to armatize and revive themselves.

I usually end boss fights with 0 Grade because the AI dies 9+ times during the fight. I can easily solo fights with Sorey because I rarely get hit, but I don't want to keep getting 0 Grade because of the AI dying.